REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #76
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 205 Times in 73 Posts
Haven't read the whole thread, but you could try to turn off those outlets at the electrical panel?
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #77
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
Haven't read the whole thread, but you could try to turn off those outlets at the electrical panel?
Nevermind reading the whole thread... Didn't he already say he did that in his very first post??
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #78
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Failed 571 Times in 114 Posts
could you possible come home from work during those hours? for a day or 2?

I wouldv stood there and gave them a warning first, "if you plug into my house, I will cut your cords, what is on my property I will do with as I please"

THEN, if they actually did plug in, I wouldv absolutely cut their cords, they have the balls to think your bluffing? prove them wrong.

Then if they bang on your door asking you wtf did you do, call the police on them for tresspassing, dont take any bullshit from anyone man,

but warn them first,

if your cutting cords and theyre still fixing and plugging in,

lol well shit the copper you cut off will more than pay for the electricity
Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #79
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,835 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
I'm confused at the whole "They went to the back and turned the power back on" thing.

It's not typical for house breaker panels to be mounted outside, and I really can't imagine that these contractors would break into his house to turn the circuit back on.

So all I can guess is that this outlet is remotely switched from a switch on the outside of the house?

So just turn the breaker off at the panel!

Maybe the OP can clarify?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 12-01-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #80
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
could you possible come home from work during those hours? for a day or 2?
Is a few dollars of electricity worth missing work for a few hours? I would hope not.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #81
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 25 Times in 10 Posts
What I don't get from the post is, if they don't have their own power, and steal your power from 11-3, what are they going to do later on when they have to frame? Only run their compressor during those time? Eventually they're going to need their own power for the entire work day so maybe this is just a temporary thing? Do you see a power mast anywhere on their yard waiting for BC hydro to come and connect? They really aren't going themselves a favor by not getting power on their own, the cost of running a gas compressor or the potential delay of not being able to use their tools outside of those 4 hours out weighs whatever they save right now?

Do you know the neighbour? As suggested, I think the best way is to track down the owner and have them talk to the GC themselves since they're the ones paying the GC and maybe the GC will actually listen. GC ain't gonna listen to you when you're not the one who's putting food on his table
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #82
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Fuck me! What happens if I dare ask you for a boost when my battery is dead, take my first born?
I'll be kinda annoyed if you did that without asking (ignoring the fact that you would need me to get access into my car first).

Quote:
"Oh dude! I'm sorry, we have about 5 subs on sight right now, and it gets a little nuts. What can I do to make that right for you?"
They could ask first.

How about everyone just start siphoning people's gas in a parking lot.
Just $5 worth. Don't bother trying to contact me, cause I'm just here for a few minutes doing my job.
I'll be at some other parking lot the next day. It's just convenience. Don't be mad, bro.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Is a few dollars of electricity worth missing work for a few hours? I would hope not.
well I mean if your boss will let you, and still get paid, or on your lunch break or something, or call in sick or what not.

if he doesnt step up they will keep doing it, because they know they can get away with it
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #84
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
well I mean if your boss will let you, and still get paid, or on your lunch break or something, or call in sick or what not.

if he doesnt step up they will keep doing it, because they know they can get away with it
Fair enough, yet as Mindbomber has pointed out, trades people come and go. Unless you want this to become a daily ritual, its time to workout a different solution.

There's a good point above - where do they plug in before 11 and after 3? If there's power on site, I bet its only a few people using his outlets cause they are more convenient at the time. It would be nice if the OP could confirm this.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #85
I STILL don't get it

Failed 81 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Calling WCB? The building inspector? These guys are trying to do their job, just the same as you do.
When did doing your job include doing whatever the fuck you want.

Quote:
Is this really what its like to have neighbors around here? We're ready to pull the shotgun over $5 of power?
It's not the $5, it's the fucking courtesy of asking first. At the end of the day, it's my property, my power. It could cost less than a penny, if I don't want you on my property for even a second, then you shouldn't be on my property period.
If this was me, and contractors asked me to come on my property and plug into my outlets, then I would let them. But to not ask? At least leave a note on my door if I'm not home. Is that what our culture has come to? Fucking doing whatever we want cause it's just "$5 of power". Why don't you walk into a store and take $5 of whatever goods you like. We're all neighbours in life.

Quote:
Fuck me! What happens if I dare ask you for a boost when my battery is dead, take my first born?
I've fucking repaired doors and windows, temp. fixes for pipes, and countless other small home repairs for my neighbours for free. As well as lend tools, hell I've given my neighbours an old set of winter tires I wasn't using. The point is you fucking ask. And if they say no, then that's a NO.

The amount of people here with the self-entitled asshole qualities of the contractors is staggering.
Just because it's convenient, doesn't give you the right to fucking go on someone's property and use their shit. I don't have a car, and yours is always parked right outside my house, and it's more convenient for me to drive then it is to walk all the way to the bus stop and take the bus. Does that mean I can fucking take it for the day without asking as long as I top you back up with gas? Your backyard garden is more convenient for me to go to vs the grocery store. Can I go and just take your veggies as I wish? I'll only take like $5 worth.

Fucking ridiculous.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #86
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
At the end of the day, it's my property, my power. It could cost less than a penny, if I don't want you on my property for even a second, then you shouldn't be on my property period.

Fucking ridiculous.
At the end of the day attitudes like this are only a few steps away from doing something as ridiculous as this:

University Park man slain after dog marks lawn - Chicago Breaking News

Google "lawn + shootings" and you'll find too many stories of people who feel its within their right to shoot people for just stepping on their manicured lawn. Over reacting over a few pennies of electricity is not far off.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #87

^ dont step on the guys lawn then, pretty straight forward,

and its not "our culture"

its "their culture"

you know who im talking about
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #88
R&R
I STILL don't get it

Failed 29 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
A lot of pettiness up here in this thread. Guaranteed, if you guys were actually standing in the yard, with a cord going over the fence, I don't think you'd have the balls to cut it.

Calling WCB? The building inspector? These guys are trying to do their job, just the same as you do.

Go and talk to the GC. You know what he's going to do? Reach in his wallet, and pull out a nice pretty $50 for you, and tell you to come back when you are ready for more.

Is this really what its like to have neighbors around here? We're ready to pull the shotgun over $5 of power?

Talk and communicate! It's not that hard.

"Hi, your subs are helping themselves to my power. It sucks. No one asked."

"Oh dude! I'm sorry, we have about 5 subs on sight right now, and it gets a little nuts. What can I do to make that right for you?"

"You can taste the curb man. I'm gonna American History X your face!-and I took the liberty of calling the city, and WCB-two fuck you in the ass branches of government. Cause that's how I roll."
You just made my day after reading this LOL
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #89
JF.
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 90 Times in 19 Posts
Op should just knock that guy out if they aren't resonable lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #90
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 16 Times in 13 Posts
...you realize that you guys are talking probably about $1 worth of electricity a day?

Even if they are running 1500W tools all day, power is only 8 cents a kW-hr.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #91
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 339 Times in 75 Posts
OP, Y U NO CUT POWER CORD YET?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #92
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Failed 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleu View Post
...you realize that you guys are talking probably about $1 worth of electricity a day?

Even if they are running 1500W tools all day, power is only 8 cents a kW-hr.
It is not about the money. It is just the common curtiosy to even just ask if they can use the outlet even when explicity stating he does not want them to do so. It is within his right since it is his property and the contractor/builder being incovienced does not give them the right to continue to use his power even if it is just pennies a day.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #93
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Failed 146 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
At the end of the day attitudes like this are only a few steps away from doing something as ridiculous as this:

University Park man slain after dog marks lawn - Chicago Breaking News

Google "lawn + shootings" and you'll find too many stories of people who feel its within their right to shoot people for just stepping on their manicured lawn. Over reacting over a few pennies of electricity is not far off.
And it's people like you, with your "attitude" that deserve to get shot when you don't follow what someone said about THEIR property.

/end.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #94
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
And it's people like you, with your "attitude" that deserve to get shot when you don't follow what someone said about THEIR property.

/end.
No need to get shot to death over a dog peeing on your lawn.

The old guy should have followed the owner and defecated on his lawn for retribution.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #95
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 75 Posts
60 points and a ban, people. Just bans from here on out.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #96
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
I mean if you feel that you need to go as far as cutting their cords, calling the police, etc. to be satisfied then go to town. I just dont think it worths the trouble. Cutting their cords just gonna piss them off and what stop them from extracting revenge when nobody's home. Now you got property damages you gotta pay for with most likely no witnesses to go to court.

They're in the wrong thats for sure, should have asked first but you shouldnt skip work or lose sleep over a few bucks. Contact the owners or whoever have the authorities as suggested and forget about it is the best way.

Not gonna lie, sometimes I feel like doing terrible things to terrible people but I never do it because it never worths it. Do a costs/benefits analysis

Last edited by Nlkko; 12-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #97
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 203 Posts
Please guys, remember it may be the first day a trade is working on the site, and they're being told by the site boss it's okay to plug into Shead's house. If that's the case they won't know it's not okay until their $120 electrical cord gets cut, how would they..

The mature way to handle things is to go to the owners, they'll make the cheap cunt builder set up a meter or compensate Shead for the electrical cost.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #98
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 205 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Nevermind reading the whole thread... Didn't he already say he did that in his very first post??
No, he said his dad shut the outlets off, probably via a switch on the wall.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #99
I am grateful grapefruit

Failed 83 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Please guys, remember it may be the first day a trade is working on the site, and they're being told by the site boss it's okay to plug into Shead's house. If that's the case they won't know it's not okay until their $120 electrical cord gets cut, how would they..
You would think that leaving a note saying "Do Not Use Electricity" on the plug - would mean you shouldn't use it. Unless the site boss told him to ignore the note, in which case I'd be even more annoyed.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #100
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
You would think that leaving a note saying "Do Not Use Electricity" on the plug - would mean you shouldn't use it. Unless the site boss told him to ignore the note, in which case I'd be even more annoyed.
I thought it was mentioned earlier in the thread that the note had been taken down by someone (I'm assuming site boss), maybe I'm wrong, this thread has become a bit childish and cluttered very quickly.

In my post I was assuming the trades people plugging in are completely unaware that Shead doesn't want them using power. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Closed Thread