REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
hottest Mugen car i've seen in years!
majority of them are ugly as sin
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #52
hot rod waggin'

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
The future:

Old 12-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #53
J89
RS controls my life!

Failed 116 Times in 30 Posts
^

I kind of like it, it's about time cars look more futuristic imo.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #54
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 109 Posts
Be even more awesome if I could see when I drive it at night.

"Lights? Lights would be good here"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #55
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Acura gotta stop it with the beak theme. Fire the head design or something.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #56
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Failed 69 Times in 11 Posts
the only time the beak worked was on that tony starks concept car... it would be cool if the headlights were hidden behind that silver strip that can switch from different level of opaque to reveal those xenons, that way could pay homage to the original nsx's pop ups.
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #57
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 530 Times in 136 Posts
Holy crap that RL...............

That avengers car is so low!

Last edited by shenmecar; 12-22-2011 at 04:20 PM.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #58
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
BUMP rather than making a new thread.

Couple updates from Acura.
Quote:
Acura is in the middle of a major product changeover, reflecting plans to challenge second-tier luxury rivals Audi, Buick, Infiniti and Volvo rather than Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Lexus.

Acura has launched the ILX compact sedan and redesigned the RDX compact crossover. It will redesign the RL flagship this fall and make changes to the MDX crossover and TL mid-sized sedan in 2013.

Acura will lead the technology revolution for Honda Motor as the new Earth Dreams engine family is installed in all future vehicles. Also, Acura is moving toward increased use of seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions in addition to its basic six-speed automatic. More models also will get hybrid versions.

ILX: Acura returned to the entry-luxury sedan segment this spring. But already criticism that the base 2.0-liter engine is underpowered may lead to a mid-cycle swap-out for the 2.4-liter, 181-hp Earth Dreams engine, or an automatic transmission for the 200-hp 2.4-liter from the Civic Si. Company sources say, in response to rumors on the Internet, that there are no plans for a coupe variant.

TSX: Within Acura there is talk that the TSX will go away after its normal model cycle ends next year. But don't be surprised if limited production continues, because the TSX's V-6 version doesn't cannibalize the ILX's four-cylinder offerings.

TL: A redesign comes next spring, still sharing the Accord's underpinnings. Because the TL is too close in footprint to the RL, expect a shorter wheelbase and overall length, moving it closer to the soon-to-depart TSX. The big change will be addition of the Earth Dreams engine, a 3.5-liter V-6 with 310 hp and 265 pounds-feet of torque. This is 30 more hp and 11 more pounds-feet than the outgoing 3.5-liter engine in the TL. A hybrid version will also be available, sharing the same parts as the Honda Accord Hybrid and with a fuel economy rating of around 45 mpg.

RL: A redesign comes in fall, and the Earth Dreams V-6 from the base TL is the base engine. It will be teamed with a front-wheel-drive transmission and a four-wheel-steering system. The base model is expected to weigh under 4,000 pounds thanks to extensive use of aluminum and high-strength steel.

The RL will have an optional 3.5-liter direct-injection V-6 engine with variable valve timing, combined with Honda Motor's Sport Hybrid All-Wheel Drive system. The improved engine puts out more than 370 hp, using a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.

The redesigned car is about the same length as the current RL, but with a wheelbase two inches longer. Both the track and vehicle width will increase by about two inches.

RDX: The crossover was redesigned this spring. The big change: A V-6 replaced the turbocharged four-cylinder engine.

ZDX: Sales are sliding for the MDX variant, but since it costs relatively little to produce it alongside the MDX, it might remain in the lineup as a special-order vehicle until the next MDX arrives.

MDX: The mid-sized crossover is scheduled for a redesign next fall and will stay on the Pilot/Odyssey platform. Don't expect much change in size, but definitely look for a dialing back of the "beak" grille. It will get the same Earth Dreams 310-hp V-6 engine as the TL.

NSX: By 2014, Honda will hand-build the Acura sports car on a small-scale assembly line at the company's r&d facility in Ohio. The NSX will be as much about technology as performance. Instead of a monster engine, it will have a compact, direct-injection V-6 teamed with a lithium ion battery pack. The "Sport Hybrid All-Wheel Drive" system uses two integrated drive units at the rear wheels connected to a motor-generator that delivers power.

The NSX will be developed at Honda r&d in Ohio.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/2012...#ixzz22K6LxjJD
Looks promising. Finally they decide that 5 gears arent enough for their auto trannys. Wonder what took so long?
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #59
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 218 Times in 69 Posts
"The NSX will be developed at Honda r&d in Ohio"
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Failed 1,578 Times in 359 Posts
thank god there getting rid of the dreadful 5 speed auto
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #61
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
The RL is too pussy and too expensive to sell at all in its market segment. Yet they are toning down their at least sort of competitive TL to move it away from RL territory. And then since they are toning down the TL, they are axing the TSX all together which along with the RDX is the only reason anyone even looks at Acuras.

altho I am pleasantly surprised by the ILX.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #62
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
It's sad really. Honda has nearly completely, if not, completely lost all of their classic appeal. Everything has become so soft and lifeless. This mpg>mph crap is truly depressing.

The worst news? The upcoming direct injected engines paired with a whole array of CVT transmissions.

RIP Honda.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote