REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
LOL

Advertisement
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #77
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Failed 1,065 Times in 267 Posts
If you still don't understand SOPA: TED Talk

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #78
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Failed 595 Times in 124 Posts
lol, so I was browsing SpankWire...
turns out they support SOPA too.. haha
There is a little banner at the top ahah
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #79
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 530 Times in 136 Posts
^

Perhaps its because their videos are made by amateurs.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #80
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 634 Times in 127 Posts
I read a theory somewhere the whole sopa could be an inside job by the obama administration. Obama's approval rating isn't very high and probably would not get elected again. However, the obama administration stated that they do not support sopa and plan to overturn it. This way obama can gain more support for the upcoming election.

Before any critisms i must disclose that i know nothing about u.s. politics, just thought this theory does make sense
Posted via RS Mobile
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #81
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,160 Times in 1,954 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
I read a theory somewhere the whole sopa could be an inside job by the obama administration. Obama's approval rating isn't very high and probably would not get elected again. However, the obama administration stated that they do not support sopa and plan to overturn it. This way obama can gain more support for the upcoming election.

Before any critisms i must disclose that i know nothing about u.s. politics, just thought this theory does make sense
Posted via RS Mobile
Sounds like a theory you'd hear on Fox News. Considering this legislation was co-written by the Republicans, I would say this is not an inside job. There's too much cash being thrown around by lobbyists from the Film and Music Industry for this to be something orchestrated for Obama's re-election.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #82
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 358 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
LOL

Amazing! I hope that goes viral.

http://www.vice.com/read/lamar-smith...pyright-whoops
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #83

Obama Says So Long SOPA, Killing Controversial Internet Piracy Legislation - Forbes

The growing anti-SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) support that has swept through the gaming and Internet community found a very big ally today. With websites like Reddit and Wikipedia and gaming organizations like Major League Gaming prepared for a blackout on January 18th – the same day that the House Judiciary Committee hearing on HR 3261was scheduled in Washington, DC – President Barack Obama has stepped in and said he would not support the bill.

SOPA has been delayed, for now. The House has agreed to revisit the issue next month, but they now know the White House will veto any bill that’s not more narrowly focused.

Much to the chagrin of Hollywood, the Entertainment Software Association (which has been a backer of the bill from early on), and Internet domain company GoDaddy.com (which lost many accounts as a result of its support for the bill); SOPA has been shelved. The Motion Picture Association of America, one of the bill’s largest sponsors, is expected to regroup.

California congressman Darrell Issa, who has been opposed to the bill from the beginning, praised the Internet action that has swept like a virus across the Web the past week.

“The voice of the Internet community has been heard,” said Issa. “Much more education for members of Congress about the workings of the Internet is essential if anti-piracy legislation is to be workable and achieve broad appeal.”

But there remains another similar bill, Protect IP (the Enforcing and Protecting American Rights Against Sites Intent on Theft and Exploitation Act), that poses a problem for gamers and Internet users. This legislation is scheduled to go before the Senate on January 24th.

Both SOPA and Protect IP attempt to combat online piracy by preventing American search engines like Google and Yahoo from directing users to sites distributing stolen content. Both bills also would enable people and companies to sue if their copyright was infringed. Obama has come out against both bills, which killed SOPA and puts pressure on senators come January 24th. The full White House response can be read here.

“Any provision covering Internet intermediaries such as online advertising networks, payment processors, or search engines must be transparent and designed to prevent overly broad private rights of action that could encourage unjustified litigation that could discourage startup businesses and innovative firms from growing,” said The White House. “We expect and encourage all private parties, including both content creators and Internet platform providers working together, to adopt voluntary measures and best practices to reduce online piracy.”

Just like piracy itself, this debate isn’t over. Expect more bills to move forward, although the wording in future legislation is expected to be more narrowly focused in an attempt to appease the current administration. But given the current economic climate and the upcoming Presidential election, there could be a different administration entering The White House soon, changing the landscape for these types of bills.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #84

Hollywood threatens Obama over SOPA — RT

Spoiler!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #85
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
SOPA bill withdrawn by its author, Lamar Smith

Reuters has just reported that the SOPA bill has been withdrawn by Texas Congressman Lamar Smith, SOPA's author. While the bill is off the table for now, there's no indication that it's being completely abandoned. Smith told Reuters that he's pulling the bill "until there is wider agreement on a solution."

It is clear that we need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products
Lamar Smith
SOPA tabled by Rep. Lamar Smith, for now | The Verge

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #86
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Why can't the movie industry or the music industry learn something form the Adult industry. Look at all those online adlut websites that allows user to pay a monthly fee to download/steam movies for maybe $20. Look how much profit they make every year.

The Adult industry adotp to new technology and new method to sell thier products and they are doing very successful. Sure ppl sitll download them ilegeally or variou website that allows you steam for free but you don't see the adult industry make a big deal nor it made a dent in thier income.

Sure I download lot's of movies to watch but if I have to pay to watch them I can tell you 100% I will not watch. Movies I know I will watch I go to the theathers to watch to show my support.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #87

i download, i buy, i go to the theatres

most of the time i buy the blu-ray of the movie ive downloaded

like the japanese study i like mentioning all the time they've found piracy actually increased sales for them in regards to anime

and the spanish+mpaa study which found the movie industry is actually more profitable now not because ticket prices are higher but because more people have been going to the movies (if ppl were only downloading you wouldnt find an increase in movie-goers)

re Happyslip, the movie industry is kind of catching on now by trying to offer ondemand of movies in theatres but they're being met with opposition from the networks and theatre owners (and they havent really gotten the idea since they want to charge like $50 a rental)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #88
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
^^ And that is why NA is no longer competive anymore and other 3rd would countries are catching up. Within 10years (is already happening) NA will become so behind we will be called 3rd World countires.......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #89
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Why can't the movie industry or the music industry learn something form the Adult industry. Look at all those online adlut websites that allows user to pay a monthly fee to download/steam movies for maybe $20. Look how much profit they make every year.

The Adult industry adotp to new technology and new method to sell thier products and they are doing very successful. Sure ppl sitll download them ilegeally or variou website that allows you steam for free but you don't see the adult industry make a big deal nor it made a dent in thier income.

Sure I download lot's of movies to watch but if I have to pay to watch them I can tell you 100% I will not watch. Movies I know I will watch I go to the theathers to watch to show my support.
The retarded part is they don't even need to do that. Both movies and music still make shit piles of money and everyone decently high up whose involved is fucking rich. If they dropped ticket prices and BR costs down they would make even more, I remember this was mentioned a few years back with BR's being like $10 new and tickets being $5 again.

Honestly SOPA shouldn't have any grounds until Brad Pitt's income drops down to a mere 6 figures a month. Until then, fuck'em all. I can't understand people who are retardedly rich yet instead of retiring and enjoying life they spend all their time trying to squeeze every penny they can from people with a fraction of the money they do.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #90
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Failed 83 Times in 30 Posts
Isnt SOPA dead?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_1...th-pulls-bill/
Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #91
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,927 Times in 2,565 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
LOL

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
yeah, few posts up

he pulled the bill for now but also made a remark about "foreign" thieves
Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #93
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 102 Times in 40 Posts
Don't assume it's dead. It will come back. And PIPA is still just shelved and has fewer detractors then SOPA.

The fact of the matter is until the ESA (the gaming industry's legal action group) and the MPA (the motion picture association) accept that times are changing and decide to adapt, these bills will keep coming back and there for we always have to be watchful.

Furthermore, Harper's been systematically locking down supposed copyright protection and anti piracy laws here in our own country that will have much the same effect as SOPA does as well.

So keep your eyes open. This is just the beginning.

Last edited by TheNewGirl; 01-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
TheNewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #94
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Failed 83 Times in 30 Posts
^^ no doubt, they will keep trying.