REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 154 Times in 9 Posts
need your opinion..

*posting these here from nissan tech forum to get more opinions, if its a problem please delete*

So i want to drive a manual VQ so badly that I am considering trading in my 350z in for one. There is this dealer called Advanced auto in Burnaby with 04 g35. US import. Talked to the sales guy, he wasn't offering too much info on it.. too snowy out to get my car insured to drive down there to show them my car.
2004 Infinity G35

Had my car brought down to nissan dealer few days ago. they were gonna offer me 11k. for my 06 roadester with 75k km.. I was not happy with the offer, highest they would go was close to 13.5k.. i'll have to accept the fact that the value of these cars have gone down a lot.

How nissan valued my car is so dumb.. I ask for 16k
they said. i need new tires deducted 2k. was in an accident, lowered value.. deducted 2k. If I REALLY wanted, the assistance manager was gonna call the GM and maybe the GM would offer me close to 13.5k.. i said forget it.

anyway, what are your thoughts on the trade? i'll ask them to add cash on top ofcourse.. I have searched many web for used g35 or 350z 6 sp.. few interesting vehicles out there, but no one is really willing to trade for same car in auto tranny. Bah..

link to my car sale: 2006 350z for trade or sale Need better pics for my car..
Advertisement
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 18 Times in 5 Posts
DON'T BUY IT!

I was looking into it and it's a REBUILT. Tell him to give you the insurance paper and it'll say right there. The guy that works there... calls himself "SAFE" is so sketchy. I test drove the car, and it was really clean inside, but the transmission grinds in 2nd gear.

Also, the mileage is pretty high on that car too. Keep looking out for one. I missed out an opportunity on a collector's quality 2003 350z for like 11k!
pk_volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 7 Times in 2 Posts
whats wrong with an auto VQ with tiptronic....when its time for a clutch on those g's / z's you have to replace the flywheel...OEM is i think $1200
Honda x 3
Mazda
Toyota
Suzuki
Subaru
Warp9Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 154 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_volt View Post
DON'T BUY IT!

I was looking into it and it's a REBUILT. Tell him to give you the insurance paper and it'll say right there. The guy that works there... calls himself "SAFE" is so sketchy. I test drove the car, and it was really clean inside, but the transmission grinds in 2nd gear.

Also, the mileage is pretty high on that car too. Keep looking out for one. I missed out an opportunity on a collector's quality 2003 350z for like 11k!
lol yeah i talked to him on the phone. he does call himself 'safe' lol.. anyways, i decided to keep mycar till the end of the winter.. looks like bad time of da year to sell a 2 seater rwd..
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 30 Times in 13 Posts
So you own a 350Z roadster and want to get a G35 but a few thousand bucks is stopping you?

Just sell your car for whatever @ market price and get the car you want. If a few thousand dollars is such a concern maybe you shouldn't be driving these kinds of cars.
LIKEABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Trade in value is going to be below want you want. Sell yours privately and buy what you want.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
2003 Maxima SE 6MT

Here's a manual VQ you can afford.

shameless plug. my car
Prostrho is offline   Reply With Quote