REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #476
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 12 Times in 2 Posts
Good for you Belaud for earning your ride. This whole fiasco has taken up way too much of your time & effort on your part to make things right. It should have been the other wy around.
I don't know enough about your deal with Richmond Subaru & I hope I don't offend you or anyone else. You mentioned this was a lease to own. If I were you I'd cut my ties at your Tuesday meet. Get your down payment back and have them cancel the terms to set you free of the lease. Negotiate what's fair for first monthly payment. Don't think they'd return that so be prepared to accept an offer. Up to you if hey give you an offer and you want to think about it , but why would you even want to go back and see their faces again. Pick up a new STi elsewhere. I'm sure the other dealers would have heard about your situation by now.

Good Luck
Advertisement
frandaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #477
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Failed 87 Times in 28 Posts
yes Tom Glenn.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Last edited by !Nhan; 02-26-2012 at 11:26 PM.
!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #478
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
Not that one.. search under Olympic Auto Group, in case OP want to contact the dealership's owner's lawyer.. the company's mailing address in the SK Gazette is his lawyer's law firm: 208 - 2208 Scarth Street Regina, SK S4P 2J6

Last edited by godwin; 02-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #479

In that scenario, it will be better for OP to deal with Subaru Canada and Ally Auto directly and just bypass the dealership. The dealership have to listen to what both companies do anyways since GMAC / Ally technically owns the car, they can't just cancel the lease for the OP. If Subaru Canada is really on the ball, they would just deal with this for the OP. Honestly if the relationship between the GM and OP is so sour, I don't see the point meeting the GM.. Get Subaru Canada to sort out the mess and only see the GM when you are returning the keys. Actually you can return the car at another dealership and say good riddance to Richmond Subaru.

Come to think about it.. Ally should be the one that is pissed off since it is their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frandaddy View Post
Good for you Belaud for earning your ride. This whole fiasco has taken up way too much of your time & effort on your part to make things right. It should have been the other wy around.
I don't know enough about your deal with Richmond Subaru & I hope I don't offend you or anyone else. You mentioned this was a lease to own. If I were you I'd cut my ties at your Tuesday meet. Get your down payment back and have them cancel the terms to set you free of the lease. Negotiate what's fair for first monthly payment. Don't think they'd return that so be prepared to accept an offer. Up to you if hey give you an offer and you want to think about it , but why would you even want to go back and see their faces again. Pick up a new STi elsewhere. I'm sure the other dealers would have heard about your situation by now.

Good Luck

Last edited by godwin; 02-26-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #480

I think as long as one party consents ie the OP it is fine. However I still can't see why it is in the best interest of the OP to go to court over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Just beware that if you don't tell the other person that you're recording, it's not admissible should anything go to court. If anything, get everything down in writing with both your and the GM's signature, along with another witness. That way if they promise something and then renege on it, you have some sort of proof.

As for everyone on here, I just want to suggest that you all exercise a bit of caution should you guys decide to do the meet across the road. I'd hate to see anyone do anything to hurt the OP's chance of being reimbursed. The same caution goes towards what sort of imfornation you pull up from the intrawebs.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #481

In case people want to know.. all these companies are own by the same holding company:

Olympic Auto Group | New dealership in VANCOUVER, BC V5X 2R6
^ They really need to hire a person who know basic CSS.

Kia Vancouver | New Kia dealership in VANCOUVER, BC V5X 2R6

CALGARY
Jaguar Calgary - Jaguar Calgary | New Jaguar dealership in CALGARY, AB T2A 2N9
Land Rover Calgary - Land Rover Calgary | New Land Rover dealership in CALGARY, AB T2H 2S8
Subaru Calgary - Subaru Calgary! Canada's number one choice for anything Subaru related! New and used vehicle sales, financing, full parts and service!

REGINA

Auto Gallery - Auto Gallery Subaru | New Subaru dealership in REGINA, SK S4R 8P2
Courtesy Collision - Courtesy Collision
Courtesy Rentals - http://www.courtesyrentals.com/
Signature Motors - http://www.signaturesubaru.ca/

RICHMOND

Richmond Kia - Kia Richmond | New Kia dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2A9
Richmond Subaru - Richmond Subaru | New Subaru dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2B8
Richmond Suzuki - Richmond Suzuki | New Suzuki dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2B8
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #482
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Just beware that if you don't tell the other person that you're recording, it's not admissible should anything go to court. If anything, get everything down in writing with both your and the GM's signature, along with another witness. That way if they promise something and then renege on it, you have some sort of proof.

As for everyone on here, I just want to suggest that you all exercise a bit of caution should you guys decide to do the meet across the road. I'd hate to see anyone do anything to hurt the OP's chance of being reimbursed. The same caution goes towards what sort of imfornation you pull up from the intrawebs.
This, if needed, will most likely be dealt with in civil courts which have a lower burden of proof than in criminal courts. Click To put it simply, the one-party consent applies as long as it's the OP who records it and he is not a state agent intercepting the communication.

Sadly, given the attitude of the GM, I don't think the OP will hear anything worthwhile on Tuesday, but fingers-crossed!

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 AM   #483
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 191 Times in 65 Posts
I think this case falls under civil than criminal. Which means no jury and all evidence and talk. So I guess he needs all the things to back him up as mich as possible or keep minimal of things that can ruin his case
Posted via RS Mobile
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #484
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
A good way to hit them hard would be to contact any Local Chinese Media.

Given thier location, if it hits Chinese news papers or Fairchild TV, they're fucked. Fairchild TV gets broadcasted Nation wide, and they share news articles.

They're also right at Aberdeen Center. So maybe some of you guys can split up?
Fluent Chinese Speakers can hit up Fairchild with printed copies of the thread + FB, and screenshots of how much this has spread.

I dont think anybody will pass on a free story. Especially if it's a slow news day.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #485
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
I also left a negative google review for them. That will stay there for a long time and in the future people will know to avoid this dealership.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #486
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 105 Posts
Added a review on here. Not the most popular website out there...but hey, it's the 6th result on Google from searching "Richmond Subaru"

Richmond Subaru - Subaru - Dealership Ratings
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #487
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 42 Times in 11 Posts
I just emailed SUbaru Canada in great detail Belaud! We're rooting for you!
Posted via RS Mobile
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #488

Hey Belaud, today would be a perfect day to take pictures in the sun! It's raining tues/weds
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #489
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Failed 146 Times in 72 Posts
I didn't read all 20 pages.. TBH..

But with all these problems coming from Richmond Subaru, has nobody thought of telling the BBB to investigate?? If they're not putting out a quality product, BBB I'm sure wouldn't mind hearing your complaints.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #490
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 57 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post

But with all these problems coming from Richmond Subaru, has nobody thought of telling the BBB to investigate?? If they're not putting out a quality product, BBB I'm sure wouldn't mind hearing your complaints.
This! At this stage it seems the OP is past giving dealer a chance to make things right. It's time to force them.

I'm shocked it hasn't been resolved yet. WTF?
Posted via RS Mobile
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #491

BBB is useless.. they are worse than the Car dealers association.. even if BBB finds the dealership is at fault, they can't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post

This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #492
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Now I have a grey/silver car and couldn't be happier. I wash it maybe once a year, and do a half-assed job every time. I'll never buy a black car again
x2

The only downside with silver is that mirror finish is virtually impossible to achieve. I've tried polishing, glazes, waxes, ... and could never get a level of shine as I could on a dark coloured car.

OP, I know you paid for these services, yet hopefully this is a lesson learned that the dealer "value added" services are over priced and crap. If you got your money back just go elsewhere and pay to have it done properly.

Better yet, invest in a Porter Cable 7424, some pads, and a good polishing compound and wax. Black is a bitch to keep swirl free, you're better off accepting the swirls and learning how to get rid of them easily. I used to polish my car 2-3x a year. I found spending a few hours to get rid of swirls better than all the effort to avoid swirls.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #493
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
In that scenario, it will be better for OP to deal with Subaru Canada and Ally Auto directly and just bypass the dealership. The dealership have to listen to what both companies do anyways since GMAC / Ally technically owns the car, they can't just cancel the lease for the OP. If Subaru Canada is really on the ball, they would just deal with this for the OP. Honestly if the relationship between the GM and OP is so sour, I don't see the point meeting the GM.. Get Subaru Canada to sort out the mess and only see the GM when you are returning the keys. Actually you can return the car at another dealership and say good riddance to Richmond Subaru.

Come to think about it.. Ally should be the one that is pissed off since it is their car.
THIS!

I'd still email or contact Thomas Glenn, the owner of the dealership. Like I've said before and will say again, you are waisting your time talking with the GM. He doesn't have the power to really help you.

The owNer on the other hand, does have the power!

If you have leased your car, worse case is you get a total re-paint then after your lease is up, take it back.

Just make sure to drive the shit out of it (like you stole it) EVERY SINGLE DAY during that time!
jaymac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #494

Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,175 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 23 Posts
Any responses from CTV, Subaru Canada etc so far?
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #495
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 182 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Subaru Canada Inc. ‎@Hank @Austin @Daryl @Morgan @Jay @Brandon @Eric @Sonca @Bart
Thank you all for your comments, concerns and suggestions! We appreciate the feedback and think it is great the sense of community Subaru owners feel and the support you are all giving the customer in this situation. We are taking the customer’s concerns seriously and are working with the Western Regional Manager for Subaru Canada, the dealership and the customer to achieve the optimal resolution. It is taking some time to resolve as there are multiple parties involved. We remain committed to the quality of our products and services and are working work to develop customer handling processes for Richmond Subaru and all of our dealerships to try and prevent future incidents. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!
a few seconds ago · Like
This just posted on Subaru Canada's facebook

belaud, wishing you the best of luck. With all the trouble a new car alone isnt enough to compensate for all the wasted time and stress they have caused you. I honestly dont know what i would want if i was in your position, its tough.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #496

I just got messaged by RichmondSubaru via twitter

Subaru Canada ‏ @Subaru_Canada
@SH1FTG34R We're actively involved in this situation. We need some time to resolve as there are several parties involved. Thanks

I smell...

BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #497

Why?

there are

Subaru Canada, Ally (Leasing company), Richmond Subaru and probably the holding company + OP. There are several parties.

Honestly the best way I see is out for Ally/GMAC to cancel the lease on the current car, Subaru Canada to give OP another new vehicle and give OP at least 6 months if not more off free lease. It doesn't matter who swallow the cost or even have to apologize.. $$$ speaks.

There is no point using derogatory terms or to fan the flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nt3rw0lf View Post
I just got messaged by RichmondSubaru via twitter

Subaru Canada ‏ @Subaru_Canada
@SH1FTG34R We're actively involved in this situation. We need some time to resolve as there are several parties involved. Thanks

Last edited by godwin; 02-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #498

Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,175 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 23 Posts
Subaru Canada is playing the grown-up on the Subaru side - it sounds like they want to address the problem. Let's see how this plays out.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #499
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
I think at the very least we should give Subaru Canada a fair chance to deal with the situation. A resolution may not be reached overnight but so far, it shows that they are at the very least trying to do something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #500
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Failed 1,065 Times in 267 Posts
IMO, Don't lump Subaru Canada with Richmond Subaru. Two totally different entities.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: