REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #501
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
IMO, Don't lump Subaru Canada with Richmond Subaru. Two totally different entities.
Posted via RS Mobile
This.
Advertisement
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #502
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 57 Times in 6 Posts
Every time I buy a new car, and many of you will probably agree with this - online search is done. When a thread like this goes viral, searching for any Subaru may lead to reading about this dealer. It reflects bad on the entire brand. So, no, both the dealer an Subaru Canada are to blame this issue hasn't been resolved yet. If Subaru Canada can't force a bad dealer to behave, I don't know if Subaru as a brand is all that strong. As a buyer I'd like to feel protected from a few ba apples by Subaru Canada.

That's how I think. Even if some of you disagree, some will agree and Subaru sales will suffer.
Posted via RS Mobile
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #503
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Right now, I have twice the amount of grey hair, I've been majorly sick for the past week or so due to this unwanted stress from dealing with the car (and work), I've been skipping out on work because the dealership wants me to sacrifice my time in order to fix their mistakes. I want what is rightfully mine, a brand new STI with no flaws, the money I gave them trying to fix it, and the wasted time and effort going back and worth.
Dude, I get you've been wrong done by and the stealership should make it right - yet I hate these type of rants. If you can afford a $50K car, spend a few hundred $$$ to get it professionally detailed and be done with it. Arguing over a few hundred $$$ isn't worth the stress, time and effort.

I've been there, and learned my happiness and time is worth more than dealing with a bunch of pricks over a few $$$. Write it off as a loss and move on.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #504
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I went to check just now and...the rain has already washed away the "pristine" look on the spot the detailer polished. It now looks indistinguishable with the rest of the car, it would seem detailing this car wont do the car good anymore, unless I kept the car as a garage queen.

This means your detailer didn't actually polish the hood. They just threw some wax on it which it filled in the swirls enough to make you happy. After a week of rain the wax has washed away and swirls are back - surprise surprise.

Get the car properly detailed. From the photos any good detailer can restore that paint to perfection. Hell I could do a better job than that with my orbital buffer.

Quote:
So a lot of you were right, it would seem this problem will keep coming back out unless I continuously bring it back in every month or so.

Welcome to owning a black car with modern paint that is softer. There's very little you can do to keep your car swirl free in our rainy weather. Get a buffer and learn how to polish your car, otherwise you are correct - you'll need to have it professionally polished every month to keep it in the condition you desire.

I get that you're 20yo and leased a $50K car so you expect perfection cause you earned it. I was there, 22yo and leased a $41K car, yet burning bridges over a few hundred $$$ is going to get you nowhere fast.

I had a great relationship with my service adviser, who often approved repairs not covered under warranty, or gave me discounts, and even let me bring in my own parts. You have ruined any chance for this kind of relationship (despite being the stealerships fault), and that's worth more than a few $$$.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #505
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
I'm starting to think that taylor192 is a hipster at heart.

Because agreeing is too mainstream
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #506
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,552 Times in 1,733 Posts
Failed 102 Times in 62 Posts
taylor192, you haven't read the thread in it's entirety. the car is beyond any saving that detailing can provide. when you're lacking clear coat and paint along with deep scratches and swirls, no amount of detailing will ever save the car.

this is no longer arguing over $xxx to cover detailing, it's about the entire value of the car being affected. my 22 year old civic dx hatch has less paint damage to it than this brand new STI.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #507
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post

If I could find the epic thread on fighting my $300 parking ticket you'd understand. I've gone to great lengths to fight for what's "right" before, and the lesson learned is that for a few $$$ it is not worth the stress, time and effort.

I won that fight, $300 ticket thrown out, yet I wasted a lot of time and effort, and stressed far too much.

The OP has a new STi, go enjoy driving it.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #508
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 68 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post

This means your detailer didn't actually polish the hood. They just threw some wax on it which it filled in the swirls enough to make you happy. After a week of rain the wax has washed away and swirls are back - surprise surprise.

Get the car properly detailed. From the photos any good detailer can restore that paint to perfection. Hell I could do a better job than that with my orbital buffer.

Welcome to owning a black car with modern paint that is softer. There's very little you can do to keep your car swirl free in our rainy weather. Get a buffer and learn how to polish your car, otherwise you are correct - you'll need to have it professionally polished every month to keep it in the condition you desire.

I get that you're 20yo and leased a $50K car so you expect perfection cause you earned it. I was there, 22yo and leased a $41K car, yet burning bridges over a few hundred $$$ is going to get you nowhere fast.

I had a great relationship with my service adviser, who often approved repairs not covered under warranty, or gave me discounts, and even let me bring in my own parts. You have ruined any chance for this kind of relationship (despite being the stealerships fault), and that's worth more than a few $$$.

You have a really loud mouth when your car looks like this:
--picture edited out by mod due to complaint--

This thread isn't about you. Don't go and rain on other's parade.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)

Last edited by RabidRat; 02-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #509
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
In case people want to know.. all these companies are own by the same holding company:

Olympic Auto Group | New dealership in VANCOUVER, BC V5X 2R6
^ They really need to hire a person who know basic CSS.

Kia Vancouver | New Kia dealership in VANCOUVER, BC V5X 2R6

CALGARY
Jaguar Calgary - Jaguar Calgary | New Jaguar dealership in CALGARY, AB T2A 2N9
Land Rover Calgary - Land Rover Calgary | New Land Rover dealership in CALGARY, AB T2H 2S8
Subaru Calgary - Subaru Calgary! Canada's number one choice for anything Subaru related! New and used vehicle sales, financing, full parts and service!

REGINA

Auto Gallery - Auto Gallery Subaru | New Subaru dealership in REGINA, SK S4R 8P2
Courtesy Collision - Courtesy Collision
Courtesy Rentals - http://www.courtesyrentals.com/
Signature Motors - http://www.signaturesubaru.ca/

RICHMOND

Richmond Kia - Kia Richmond | New Kia dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2A9
Richmond Subaru - Richmond Subaru | New Subaru dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2B8
Richmond Suzuki - Richmond Suzuki | New Suzuki dealership in RICHMOND, BC V6X 2B8
Good find Godwin!
My old 04' STi was brought in from Regina. It spent about 18 months there, and they moved it west. First to Calgary, then to Richmond where I was unlucky enough to buy it.

I still feel this way about my 06' though.......
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #510
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
taylor192, you haven't read the thread in it's entirety. the car is beyond any saving that detailing can provide. when you're lacking clear coat and paint along with deep scratches and swirls, no amount of detailing will ever save the car.

this is no longer arguing over $xxx to cover detailing, it's about the entire value of the car being affected. my 22 year old civic dx hatch has less paint damage to it than this brand new STI.
I've seen the pictures, any good detailer should be able to get that out, with the exception of the scratch below. The OP even states it is going to a professional detailer today - so we'll see.

Lacking clear coat? Has the paint thickness been measured in some post I missed? Come on.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #511
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 257 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Dude, I get you've been wrong done by and the stealership should make it right - yet I hate these type of rants. If you can afford a $50K car, spend a few hundred $$$ to get it professionally detailed and be done with it. Arguing over a few hundred $$$ isn't worth the stress, time and effort.

I've been there, and learned my happiness and time is worth more than dealing with a bunch of pricks over a few $$$. Write it off as a loss and move on.
Chris,not everyone is a pushover,if it was you that just paid 50K+ for a brand new car and this has happened,you would shit your pants and make a monster deal out of it,but I guess it's not that big of a deal cause you're not the one affected,it's pretty easy to simply tell someone to move along and forget about it when you're not the one affected.

This thread is more than just about a few hundred dollars,it's about standing up to the crooks at the stealership not taking any responsibilty and just brushing the guy off like nothing happened or was it ever important.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #512
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
You have a really loud mouth when your car looks like this:
I'm on topic, you're not.

PS I drive something new. Good luck making fun of it.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #513
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
--edited out by mod due to complaint--

I really hope someone buys this car and ships it offshore.
It truly is that horrible.

Last edited by RabidRat; 02-27-2012 at 06:31 PM.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #514
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Chris,not everyone is a pushover,if it was you that just paid 50K+ for a brand new car and this has happened,you would shit your pants and make a monster deal out of it,but I guess it's not that big of a deal cause you're not the one affected,it's pretty easy to simply tell someone to move along and forget about it when you're not the one affected.

This thread is more than just about a few hundred dollars,it's about standing up to the crooks at the stealership not taking any responsibilty and just brushing the guy off like nothing happened or was it ever important.
Absolutely, agreed. I've been there, I stopped using the stealership after an incident over $100 yet I was out of warranty by then.

Remember, this is place you will have a 4-5yr relationship with - do you really want the same fight everytime?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #515
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
iunno man. who wouldnt be choked when ur car is delivered in worser shape than it was when it left the docks. pretty sure ud be too
Posted via RS Mobile
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #516

Quote:
Remember, this is place you will have a 4-5yr relationship with - do you really want the same fight everytime?
I highly doubt the OP will be going back to that stealership for anything ever again.

They are not the only Subaru dealership in town,he can take it to any Subaru location and get it serviced.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #517
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
^
Yup.
Don Docksteader is only 10 minutes away from Richmond Subaru.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #518
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
I highly doubt the OP will be going back to that stealership for anything ever again.

They are not the only Subaru dealership in town,he can take it to any Subaru location and get it serviced.
Absolutely, yet the chance of a good will repair goes down when you didn't purchase the car there. Those good will repairs can be worth much more than a professional detail - especially since he's admittedly tight on finances (he said it, not me, read the thread) to afford the lease payment.

If I had an abrasive pad for my orbital buffer I'd offer to help. A lot of that can be fixed, the rest may require wet sanding and a rotary buffer.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #519
Banned By Establishment

Failed 673 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Absolutely, agreed. I've been there, I stopped using the stealership after an incident over $100 yet I was out of warranty by then.

So you are telling us you should just "let go" this experience with the dealer and reward them with more business? If the service was lackluster this time, what guarantees the next experience will be any better? As far as I'm concerned, the dealer burned the bridge with the customer with the poor after-sale service.
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #520

Quote:
Absolutely, yet the chance of a good will repair goes down when you didn't purchase the car there. Those good will repairs can be worth much more than a professional detail - especially since he's admittedly tight on finances (he said it, not me, read the thread) to afford the lease payment.

If I had an abrasive pad for my orbital buffer I'd offer to help. A lot of that can be fixed, the rest may require wet sanding and a rotary buffer.
Judging from the way this fucking place operates,a goodwill repair to them is like spotting bigfoot or the Lockness monster.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #521
Banned By Establishment

Failed 673 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:

Your manufacturer's warranty covers you anywhere in Canada and USA. The repairs should be fixed right the first time -- and consistently too. No matter where you are. You would think that since you purchased the car at the selling dealer, you would be treated even better. In order to get return business. This was not the case. I wouldn't return to a dealer that gave me the run-around.
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #522
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
I'm sorry taylor192, but c'mon man.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66367...set-these.html

Don't knock the OP when even yourself, you don't want to pony up for some programmable options. And you own a BMW M3 at the very least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #523
Why'd you do that for?

Failed 30 Times in 19 Posts
I don't think anyone likes to be ripped off...and yeah i see where taylor's coming from in terms of not worth the stress/time. But CMON...if i was ripped off, i'd probably do the same thing and escalate the problem to Sub Canada. You spend 50k on a brand new car, you'd expect it to be brand new, giving you peace in mind. If it was a private/used sale then its a different story...OP paid the premium of a new car...give him a break
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #524

Quote:
^
Yup.
Don Docksteader is only 10 minutes away from Richmond Subaru.
I'm sure without any doubt the OP would rather drive out to the Subaru dealership in Langley than go back to Richmond Subaru.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #525
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
So you are telling us you should just "let go" this experience with the dealer and reward them with more business? If the service was lackluster this time, what guarantees the next experience will be any better? As far as I'm concerned, the dealer burned the bridge with the customer with the poor after-sale service.
I cannot believe how many people pay for the "paint protection" on new vehicles. Essentially for a couple hundred $$$ they put a coat of wax on it. All stealerships offer it, find me one that doesn't try to rip customers off for it.

The OP bought into the hype, got screwed like many do. Has it stopped stealerships from offering this? no. Will it? no.

Sucks, yet all the huffing and puffing ain't going to accomplish much other than a lot of stress. He's better off learning how to detail his car properly. If I had the proper pads, I'd show him - its a bitch to keep a black car looking swirl free.
This post thanked by: