REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #526
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I'm sorry taylor192, but c'mon man.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66367...set-these.html

Don't knock the OP when even yourself, you don't want to pony up for some programmable options. And you own a BMW M3 at the very least.
I state the stealership is a rip off for "paint protection" and you confirm that the stealership is a rip off for programming too? What am I missing?

Lesson learned is the stealership is a rip off for what you get. OP unfortunately learned the hard way, at least now he knows not to pay for these stupid value added services next time he buys a car. It sucks no-one told him beforehand.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #527
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
That's just saying if you want to a store to buy a widget, you got treated badly and the salesperson damaged the widget, you go blame the widget manufacturer instead? You won't buy any widget by that manufacturer ever again? What kind of logic is that?

The dealership is a reseller for the manufacturer, just because they have similar names don't mean they are the same company, or have the same owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 View Post
Every time I buy a new car, and many of you will probably agree with this - online search is done. When a thread like this goes viral, searching for any Subaru may lead to reading about this dealer. It reflects bad on the entire brand. So, no, both the dealer an Subaru Canada are to blame this issue hasn't been resolved yet. If Subaru Canada can't force a bad dealer to behave, I don't know if Subaru as a brand is all that strong. As a buyer I'd like to feel protected from a few ba apples by Subaru Canada.

That's how I think. Even if some of you disagree, some will agree and Subaru sales will suffer.
Posted via RS Mobile
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #528
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I state the stealership is a rip off for "paint protection" and you confirm that the stealership is a rip off for programming too? What am I missing?
Dealership or independent. It doesn't matter.

OP could have taken his car to a professional detailer and God knows that the same could have happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #529
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
I'm sure without any doubt the OP would rather drive out to the Subaru dealership in Langley than go back to Richmond Subaru.
He might have to, yet I doubt he'd want to. That's a long way to go for service, especially from Richmond.

As for Don Docksteader. My GF's Vovlo was purchased from there. They were awesome when she was under warranty, since they've been awful to deal with. Her car was just repaired there for an ICBC claim and they let her take it with a bad wheel bearing - its like they didn't even test drive it after repairing it. Not happy at all with them right now.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #530
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 29 Posts
Taylor,

It is hard to maintain a black car I understand, it isn't hard to not get unnecessary swirls on it just simply using a two/three bucket method.

I am not doing my service there, I never intended to either.

I bought a new car, I expect no scratches on it unless I personally did it myself, these are mistakes made by the detailer, I expect nothing less then a pristine car, I didn't buy a second hand car did I?

This thread would have never blown up if they botched the first detail job, and just refunded me, instead, they insisted on trying to fix it with the same materials & process. Its layers of swirls now, not just on top. Its bad when you can see it even when my car is covered in dirt & dust.

My car did not come like this, it was pristine with the exception of the faded clear coat on the right & your usual swirl on black cars. I let dealerships get the car in delivering condition, I don't want to have a dirty car delivered, it was a simple wash job and they botched that too.

My family has bought cars from Honda, Toyota, Saab, Volkswagen, Subaru (four times now), and this is the only dealership that has somehow screwed up more then once. My dad's Civic Hybrid was delivered with a tiny bit of dirt on the grill, the service manager himself came out and washed the car for him.

I don't expect the same service with Richmond Subaru, I was expecting a car that looked new, and that was it, I was not demanding free shit left and right.

I'm fighting so hard because like you said, I'm 20 years old and this is my first major purchase in life, I don't expect to be thrown around because I'm young, naive, or even trusting, I should have gotten a pristine car back after the 2nd time going in, instead, I was not even scheduled.

The probability of me getting continuous bad service is low, unless you factor in bad management, lack of communication, and just poor worksmanship. All three of those factors were in play when February was going by.

I'm young, I don't know any of these lingo and terms you use taylor, I didn't even know paint protection was a rip until you said it, I can learn how to detail a car, or I can learn how to reverse my steps by not being stepped on.

They talked their detailer so high and mighty, I gave them two days to do it.

"yeah man, he only details black cars, he used to do ferraris and lambroghinis man, hes like, the best you can go to"

Instead, it came back in a condition worse then I first bought it.

You may not agree with what I'm doing right now Taylor, but I respect your opinion, I am putting too much time/effort into this, however, I spent my highschool + first year working savings to purchase the down payment of this car.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #531

Also, if you didn't see, I am not the one throwing the thread around, I simply posted it here, and NASIOC. I didn't tell you gentlemen/ladies to mob up, you are simply supporting me and I thank you from the bottom of my asian heart. But please don't mob up, I like my clean crim record
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #532
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 57 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
That's just saying if you want to a store to buy a widget, you got treated badly and the salesperson damaged the widget, you go blame the widget manufacturer instead? You won't buy any widget by that manufacturer ever again? What kind of logic is that?

The dealership is a reseller for the manufacturer, just because they have similar names don't mean they are the same company, or have the same owner.
Instead of widget say "car" and if the car has a problem and dealer won't fix it I expect the brand behind the name to care enough to fix it. Is it too much to ask?

Becoming a dealership for a major car manufacturer isn't as easy as filling out an "I want to be a dealer" application. Subaru Canada should care about it's product from A to Z, from quality of manufacturing all the way to post purchase dealership experience. It is ALL part of the brand name. Why should they care? Because the decision to replace a Subaru with another Subaru (vs say a BMW) is based on your overall experience.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #533

I love Subaru's, just not Richmond Subaru
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #534
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 57 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
I love Subaru's, just not Richmond Subaru
I love Subaru too, my mom bought one (base impreza) based on my recommendation (back in '08) and she is still super happy about it.

What I am saying is that if I was you, I'd start loving Subaru less. Why? Because they allow dealers to be total dicks to customers. That is no way to do business IMHO. If the dealer doesn't man up oner the course of few weeks, Subaru Canada should have already given you a few thousand bucks as a compensation and to keep the situation under wraps. Instead they allow this issue to continue. Why are we even still discussing this? Why aren't you compensated?

Yep, it's sympathy anger on my part bud. Hope it all works out for you.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #535
RabidMod

Thanked 1,387 Times in 506 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
I think it's time to bring this up again:

If and when there's a meet to support Belaud's cause, remain calm, and don't do anything crazy. I'm sure we're all getting pretty pissed off at all this, but as soon as you lose your cool and so much as step on their property, the media will turn against Belaud. That means the public turns against him too, and you can bet Richmond Subaru will walk away from all of this laughing.

If anything, if the public learns you do anything illegal (again, this DOES include trespassing btw, so I highly suggest staying off their property!), they will probably start SUPPORTING Richmond Subaru, going out of their way to give them business. "Oh my god, all they did was make a little scratch and suddenly people are vandalizing their dealership?! I'm going to buy my car there now to support them, those poor guys!" And yes. In the eyes of the public, stepping on somebody's property absolutely equals vandalizing their dealership, just like speeding equals streetracing. That's just how it is.

Bottom Line:
-keep cool and stay off their property (otherwise you fuck Belaud over)
-if shit hits the fan, leave Belaud out of it, it's not the poor kid's fault. also leave Revscene out of it while you're at it.

We can most effectively hurt the dealership by staying on the media's good side, and that means gathering huge numbers but remaining civil. The public loves that.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #536
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 68 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
I'm on topic, you're not.

PS I drive something new. Good luck making fun of it.
Since when is a pre-LCI 2003 M3 'new' ?

Preach on brother!

Considering you had problems with scraping your pennies to buy a 9 year old (new to you) M3 so you can ball on a budget, I would have just minded my own business and kept out of this thread.

Since we're playing this game, I could have bought 3 of your M3s with the price of my two vehicles.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #537
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 105 Posts
Taylor,

Just a little advice to you.......from yourself:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/62527...ml#post7110960

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192
It is sad that some kid on RS cannot write a coherent post, yet can scratch the same crap they post/support onto the side of a car. Perhaps some of you who post similar crap might want to rethink what your posts encourage.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #538

Failed 68 Times in 49 Posts
Belaud : Sorry for derailing this thread. My family has bought 4 new Subarus since 2000, and none of them were purchased from Richmond Subaru. I still remember when we shopped for our first Subaru, the salesguy at Richmond Subaru told us how the 2001 Legacy GT Wagon has a turbo, and told me in my face that it can destroy many Hondas on the road at that time (must have been a really crappy turbo to put out 165hp from a 2.5i engine).

We ended up buying a Legacy GT from Don Docksteader. When we picked up the car, Bob Townsend delivered a flower bouquet and a bottle of wine to my parents as a "Thank you" and give us a telephone call the following week to check on how the new Subaru was treating us.

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #539
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
Keep it coming, guys.

Lynda Steele at CTV:
steeleonyourside@ctv.ca

already emailed

1. mac25
2. MindBomber
3. gwh0803
4. 2010_WRX
5. bonestock
6. LP700-4
7. insomniatic
8. Zephyrantes
9. w1nt3rw0lf
10. dark0821
11. busdriverman
12. z3german
13. Boundless

Joel Felstein, PR Manager:
jfelstein@subaru.ca

already emailed

1. MindBomber
2. Mac25
3. 2010_WRX
4. bonestock
5. Zephyrantes
6. dark0821
7. busdriverman
8. z3german
9. Boundless
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #540
RabidMod

Quote:
Sucks, yet all the huffing and puffing ain't going to accomplish much other than a lot of stress. He's better off learning how to detail his car properly.
Enough.

You've already made this exact point, and you've repeated yourself 6 times to try and drive that point home. So okay, we hear you. But we don't agree. So please, move on.

Btw just so we're all on the same page here, Richmond Subaru has fucked his clearcoat and paint so badly that it's beyond detailing now. When paint is actually chipped off and damage goes down through clearcoat, that's when you stop and say "Hold on.. I bought a BRAND NEW CAR, why in the ever living fuck should I have to live with this?"
Old 02-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #541
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 203 Posts
Let's keep this thread focused on Belaud's STi and not Taylor.

Everyone knows Taylor has strong and often contradicting opinions, no need to discuss it here and divert attention from the issue at hand before it's been resolved, that's what fight club is for.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #542
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 24 Times in 14 Posts
Let's us know the story and update tmw I wonder what they will do
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #543
RabidMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Let's keep this thread focused on Belaud's STi and not Taylor.

Everyone knows Taylor has strong and often contradicting opinions, no need to discuss it here and divert attention from the issue at hand before it's been resolved, that's what fight club is for.
Agreed. Any further bickering I'm moving straight to Fight Club, none of this is helping the cause.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #544
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but I don't feel like reading 22 pages of posts. Op have you talked to Subaru Canada about your situation? They can sometimes help.

After buying a brand new crotch rocket from Richmond motorsport I took it for my 1000 km checkup and after taking the bike home I realized after a couple days that it had a couple of drips of oil underneath. I thought nothing of it thinking that they just spilled some oil or some oil somehow got onto the fairings and was leaking down. However, after a week I realized that it was leaking a lot more oil. I had put about 400 km on the bike by then and right away called rms to explain the situation. They told me to fill the oil back up and if there was no danger to ride the bike back to them to get checked out. After looking they told me that the oil filter had not been tightened properly and then proceeded to tell me that I owed them 110 bucks to tighten it back up. I reminded them that I had just had the oil changed from them only about a week earlier and that I don't understand why I would have to pay for their mistake. They're exact response was "well you should've thought of that before you rode it for a week and if you don't pay you will not get your bike back.". I ended up paying the bill and told them I would never come back. After this the salesman who sold me the bike seemed to try to help me in filing a complaint against the service shop which did nothing so I told him that I was gonna go to Suzuki Canada to advise them of the situation. After emailing Suzuki I receive a phone call the next business day where the man took my whole story into account. Another week later I received a cheque from Suzuki Canada reimbursing me for the entire 110 dollars and a few days later I received a phone call from rms apologizing for what happened. They offered me some free rms t shirts and a few discounts on parts. I politely told the man that I would still never go to their dealer again and I didn't want any of their free merchandise. I believe it's because of situations like this that rms is now closed. Maybe richmond suby will run into the same fate.

But again if you had the time to read that whole story I suggest calling Subaru Canada and see what happens. I know the amount of money in my story is way off from yours but if you aren't getting anywhere with the dealer go to the source.
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #545
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
yes, Subaru Canada is looking into it

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #546

Heres the deal,

The paint can be masked with a good detailer for maybe 6 months if the weather permits.

After that, the paint will go back to what it is right now, I want the paint to still look new after a few years (and good care). The paint as of now looks worse then some 10/15/20 year old cars, its just a bag of rocks rubbed all over it.

what I want is a car that doesn't require constant babying, I want to do that after I'm old and frail, I sit at home and wipe my car down every day, and call it baby

Last edited by RabidRat; 02-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #547
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
yes, Subaru Canada is looking into it
Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Haha now that I think of it the original owner of my wrx bought it from Richmond Subaru and not much later repainted it a different shade of black from the stock shade. This was within the first year of buying it and I'm assuming he just wanted to make it look a bit different but I wonder......hmmmmm
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #548
RabidMod

Lynda Steele at CTV:
steeleonyourside@ctv.ca

already emailed

1. mac25
2. MindBomber
3. gwh0803
4. 2010_WRX
5. bonestock
6. LP700-4
7. insomniatic
8. Zephyrantes
9. w1nt3rw0lf
10. dark0821
11. busdriverman
12. z3german
13. Boundless
14. RabidRat

jfelstein@subaru.ca

already emailed

1. MindBomber
2. Mac25
3. 2010_WRX
4. bonestock
5. Zephyrantes
6. dark0821
7. busdriverman
8. z3german
9. Boundless
10. RabidRat

CBC - Marketplace:
marketplace@cbc.ca

already emailed

1. RabidRat
Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #549
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,985 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 23 Times in 8 Posts
Lynda Steele at CTV:
steeleonyourside@ctv.ca

already emailed

1. mac25
2. MindBomber
3. gwh0803
4. 2010_WRX
5. bonestock
6. LP700-4
7. insomniatic
8. Zephyrantes
9. w1nt3rw0lf
10. dark0821
11. busdriverman
12. z3german
13. Boundless
14. RabidRat
15. RCubed

jfelstein@subaru.ca

already emailed

1. MindBomber
2. Mac25
3. 2010_WRX
4. bonestock
5. Zephyrantes
6. dark0821
7. busdriverman
8. z3german
9. Boundless
10. RabidRat
11. RCubed

CBC - Marketplace:
marketplace@cbc.ca

already emailed

1. RabidRat

Also, got these cut and ready:

what it looks like
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #550

Failed 42 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCubed View Post
Lynda Steele at CTV:
steeleonyourside@ctv.ca

already emailed

1. mac25
2. MindBomber
3. gwh0803
4. 2010_WRX
5. bonestock
6. LP700-4
7. insomniatic
8. Zephyrantes
9. w1nt3rw0lf
10. dark0821
11. busdriverman
12. z3german
13. Boundless
14. RabidRat
15. RCubed

jfelstein@subaru.ca

already emailed

1. MindBomber
2. Mac25
3. 2010_WRX
4. bonestock
5. Zephyrantes
6. dark0821
7. busdriverman
8. z3german
9. Boundless
10. RabidRat
11. RCubed

CBC - Marketplace:
marketplace@cbc.ca

already emailed

1. RabidRat

Also, got these cut and ready:

what it looks like
No homo... But...

I (heart) you dude! That is absolutly awesome! I will GLADLY rock one on my car.
Posted via RS Mobile
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: