REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #951
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,580 Times in 2,658 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Doc fee, PDI fee, and air/tire levy are all pretty standard affairs for new car purchases. I agree they are kind of BS, but they are hardly surprising at all.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #952
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,006 Times in 159 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 15 Posts
just want to make it clear that I'm not complaining about the fees existing. I expected there to be fees since I was going to purchase a new car.

what I find ludicrous is the numbers he gave me as the list of fees doesn't match the quote amount he gave me for monthly payment. there's an extra $2700 in something that he was unable to explain

Old 02-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #953
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Failed 141 Times in 24 Posts
@steel_chain619

Haha, I thought this story is kind of familiar.
Gf has you on Facebook and showed me this story.

Regardless, my experience with Peter was he promised me a car when I went there in August. Told me 2 months will be maximum wait time if he special ordered from Japan.

2 months later, asked him for an update and he told me that it will come before Christmas (wtf?). I told him to try to dealer trade and he said he would do it but nothing happened for a few weeks.

November:
I called Wolfe Langley, they had one available.
Told Peter about this and he said it is held by a customer already. (despite Wolfe's sales told me no one is holding it)

So I just went to Wolfe and got my car instead. I showed them the original quote Peter had written out, they were able to beat their offer. Also, their documentation fees were lower.

Managed to get my deposit back, Asian sales manager dude wasn't happy

To top it all off, a few days before X'mas Peter texts me "Hey your Forester is available! Do you want to come pick it up?"
Old 02-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #954

Thanked 1,006 Times in 159 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 15 Posts
your forester. LOL
Old 02-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #955

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 29 Posts
Wow is it throw back thursday already, how far the STI has come since I purchased it...

Hard to believe I bought this car when I was 20.

Funny enough I went in there 2 weeks ago (or was it 3...?) to try out the new 2015 STI, but they had none available.

The new sales manager that I dealt with when I bought out the car last year instantly remembered me, I can say their customer service has gotten a million times better since I bought the car.

I was dealing with an asian sales person, but I don't remember his name, but he told me I must put down a deposit now if I were to obtain the new STI by this year, so I guess business is good.

Wouldn't mind going back now, considering my history with them. True to their words, they cleaned house in this dealership and I do feel welcome there the last two times I stepped in.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #956

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 29 Posts
PS:

I kept true to my words & modded the living shit out of my car in honour of getting a new white STI

(too bad it's turning purple soon )
Old 02-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #957
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Failed 141 Times in 24 Posts
If your sales looked like Kim Jong Un it was Peter. (srs.)
Old 02-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #958
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
PS:

I kept true to my words & modded the living shit out of my car in honour of getting a new white STI

(too bad it's turning purple soon )
barney purple?
Old 02-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #959
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRStan View Post
Spoiler!

November:
I called Wolfe Langley, they had one available.
Told Peter about this and he said it is held by a customer already. (despite Wolfe's sales told me no one is holding it)

So I just went to Wolfe and got my car instead. I showed them the original quote Peter had written out, they were able to beat their offer. Also, their documentation fees were lower.

Managed to get my deposit back, Asian sales manager dude wasn't happy

To top it all off, a few days before X'mas Peter texts me "Hey your Forester is available! Do you want to come pick it up?"
Should have talked to sales managers directly. Dealer trades from Wolfe happen all the time. Asian sales manager is also no longer with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Wow is it throw back thursday already, how far the STI has come since I purchased it...

Hard to believe I bought this car when I was 20.

Funny enough I went in there 2 weeks ago (or was it 3...?) to try out the new 2015 STI, but they had none available.

The new sales manager that I dealt with when I bought out the car last year instantly remembered me, I can say their customer service has gotten a million times better since I bought the car.

I was dealing with an asian sales person, but I don't remember his name, but he told me I must put down a deposit now if I were to obtain the new STI by this year, so I guess business is good.

Wouldn't mind going back now, considering my history with them. True to their words, they cleaned house in this dealership and I do feel welcome there the last two times I stepped in.
I remember being almost first line of attack against this dealership when your incident first took place haha. Definitely surprising how far both your car and the dealer has come.

2015 STIs have a 6 month wait list I believe and almost every WRX that has come off the trucks is already sold, doing pretty well in terms of sales.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #960
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 128 Times in 33 Posts
when i went into test drive an sti, i chatted with Peter for a bit. He seemed like a very nice and easy going guy. He tossed me the keys and let me take it out by myself.

Even though i didnt end up buying that sti i bought out a lease return shortly after. (paid alot of bs fees that they couldnt even explain but the buyout price was too good to pass up)
-there was a single 975 dollar fee amongst the other ones to buyout the car(excluding the $600 for documentation)
-there was an issue with an air pump that needed to be fixed because it was still under extended warranty. it was a headache with the service appointments(them mixing up my appointments in the morning at 7 am, telling me to go home and go next morning at 7 am.

They ran out of time with diagnostic and had to drop off car again for 4 days straight while having to go to work aswell. The service guy seemed a little clueless since he still didnt remmeber who i am when i had to hand in the keys each morning by the 5th time. Having the car leased from them originally and bought out and purchased in house extended warranty, there was so many confusions regarding the warranty situation that we had to go back n forth over the phone many times; it was a headache! According to subaru the in house extended subaru warranty ended up denying the claim even though it was listed under their warranty coverage. The service manager stepped in and business manager felt it was absurd and they ended up fixing it out of their pockets.

In the end it worked out, however it was a messy process but im glad i didnt have to pay anything.
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #961
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 6 Times in 1 Post
Hi guys. I know this post is late but. I am now the new owner of the Black 2012 Subaru Impreza STI. The car is in great condition maintenance schedules are always up to date. Regular oil changes, mechanical check ups, tire rotations etc are all up to date. The Subaru currently has 52,486 on the clock and running perfectly well.
Titus_K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: