REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
Don't worry about makin the most of your tuition credits, because you have no control over when they'll be used or how much will be used.

No matter what tuition amount you claim, CRA will adjust it for the correct amount. This is one of the few things that CRA adjusts for to your benefit. Normally, CRA does not automatically adjust returns to give you bigger refunds, but this is one of the few exceptions.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
(7125 Viewing)

Failed 63 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Don't worry about makin the most of your tuition credits, because you have no control over when they'll be used or how much will be used.

No matter what tuition amount you claim, CRA will adjust it for the correct amount. This is one of the few things that CRA adjusts for to your benefit. Normally, CRA does not automatically adjust returns to give you bigger refunds, but this is one of the few exceptions.
Posted via RS Mobile
CRA did not adjusted it for me its the H&R Block.

What do you mean about....

Quote:
This is one of the few things that CRA adjusts for to your benefit. Normally, CRA does not automatically adjust returns to give you bigger refunds
On line 323 of my refund he put max of my tuition credits (15,572). Some tax software will alarm you that it will raise a flag with cra to audit your return. My worries is if I dont get the full refund that H&R Promise I feel I got scam with that guy coz I agree paying them $79 just because the refund amount is that big. The second one is that if years from now and CRA notice it that I did it they will audit me and I'm screwed. Hopefully that guy knows what his doing
Old 03-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
if they did something incorrectly and it affects the outcome, that is something you can take up with them afterwards. if you don't want to worry, then i suggest learning how your tax return works.

you will not get audited for tuition credits, CRA will simply adjust it to the correct amounts if it was input incorrectly. if you did not initially submit any documents, then they may ask for documentation, but that's about it (for tuition credits anyway).
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #29
(7125 Viewing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
if they did something incorrectly and it affects the outcome, that is something you can take up with them afterwards. if you don't want to worry, then i suggest learning how your tax return works.

you will not get audited for tuition credits, CRA will simply adjust it to the correct amounts if it was input incorrectly. if you did not initially submit any documents, then they may ask for documentation, but that's about it (for tuition credits anyway).
I will get my refund in March 29th.... will see.... If CRA will adjust my refund I feel like I got scammed by H&R Block.... I paid that much coz they promise me to get that refund.... I know other company could do it half of what they are asking.....

Do you know another Tax preparation company that is reliable and affordable?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #30
(7125 Viewing)

I got my tax refund and no deduction

- what would be the worst case if I got audited....Correct me if I'm wrong all tax accountant in H&R Block are certified by CRA right? They will also protect me if in case CRA will audit me.... I'm just worried
Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #31
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
I got my tax refund and no deduction

- what would be the worst case if I got audited....Correct me if I'm wrong all tax accountant in H&R Block are certified by CRA right? They will also protect me if in case CRA will audit me.... I'm just worried
LOL

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #32
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
I will get my refund in March 29th.... will see.... If CRA will adjust my refund I feel like I got scammed by H&R Block.... I paid that much coz they promise me to get that refund.... I know other company could do it half of what they are asking.....

Do you know another Tax preparation company that is reliable and affordable?

www.craigslist.com/vancouver
look for CGA / CA

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote