REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #526
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 25 Times in 4 Posts
SEBBB!!!!!!! WHAT A RACE! good win for jenson as well. gon be rock my jacket today! wooooooooo
Advertisement

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #527
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,073 Times in 1,920 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 90 Posts
VETTEL! Like Great68 said, too soon

Also, I was pretty impressed with Hulkenburg minus his accident. Didn't know he was that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #528
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 79 Times in 14 Posts
Great race!

Too bad for Hamilton; nice racing by Hulkenburg, too bad he lost it there to take out LH.

Awesome win by Button!

Congrats to Ferrari for taking 2nd in the constructors.

Nice driving from Vettel to get back into contention, after the spin, & congratulations for winning the driver's championship!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #529
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Yeah awesome drive by Hulkenberg. When he was leading, I was rooting for him to win.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #530
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Most entertaining race of the season, what a finale!
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #531
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 92 Times in 17 Posts
Awesome race, my favorite driver!
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #532
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 59 Posts
Great race wow.

Kimi going off track and pulling a u turn was hilarious.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #533
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,276 Times in 588 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST RACE OF THE SEASON! Probably on par with 2007(Kimi Raikkonen winning in Brazil) and 2008 Spa(Hamilton vs. Kimi)

They wanted Abu Dhabi as the penultimate race of the season? FUCK THAT SHIT! BRAZIL FTW!

Race could not have gone any better, their was so many "OH FUCK!" and "HOLY SHIT!" moments in this race, IT WAS SO FUCKING EXCITING! Especially in the beginning when Vettel spun and thought he was done for the race with the Ferrari duo fighting with Webber/Hulkenburg/Button/Hamilton

I can't believe people still doubt Button's abilities! That guy is absolutely BEASTLY in changing/wet conditions(refer to Canada) Fantastic drive by Jenson Button! and gotta give credit to Vettel for not giving up and coming from the back of the field!

Good drive by Hulkenburg, that guy absolutely LOVES Sau Paulo! I'll probably put some money down for him to get a podium next year if the Sauber car is half-decent. And good to see Massa back on form, should be a great 2013 season

Kimi taking a detour towards the old Sau Paulo circuit was priceless LOL I was laughing my ass off, imagine if he kept driving and finished a lap and was like WTF?!

Good luck Schumi Too bad Mercedes wasn't able to give you a car to challenge for wins and podiums. It was a pretty special moment when I saw Schumi and Vettel hug it out.

Gotta give props to Hamilton for thanking his team after the race, must've been one shitty feeling when it's your last race with your team and leading the race than getting hit! Hulkenburg apologized to Hamilton after too, props to hm as well!

A great end to a pretty amazing season! Next up, RACE OF CHAMPIONS! Vettel/Schumi as defending champions for Germany
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #534
The Fiesta Dipper

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
Seen this on Jalopnik

...and from Lotus GP's official Twitter Page LoL!
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #535
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 395 Times in 107 Posts

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #536
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 37 Times in 13 Posts
Wow at Vettel's car. That thing is a tank. How did it not retire?
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #537
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 395 Times in 107 Posts
He is just a great driver. I could see in the shots that it looked a lot more twitchy than some of the other cars. He is the next Schumacher (in regards of dominance in the sport) IMO.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #538
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
awesome fucking race

i didnt get to go

but it was an epic watch!

schumi, had to make an extra stop, gave a place to vettel and still in top 10

sigh he should go to Lotus and take Grosjeans seat! team lotus with kimi and michael
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #539

BBC Sport - Formula 1: Ferrari consider Sebastian Vettel protest

From BBC News:

Formula 1: Ferrari consider Sebastian Vettel protest
By Andrew Benson Chief F1 writer

Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the Formula 1 world championship.

They are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Spain's Fernando Alonso lost the title by three points to his German rival.

But Vettel could lose four points if he is deemed to have broken the rules.

Formula 1's governing body, the FIA, has so far refused to confirm that it is investigating the incident.

There is no word either from Vettel's Red Bull team, who could not be contacted for a comment.
Final F1 standings

1. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull 281

2. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari 278

3. Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus 207

4. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren 190

5. Jenson Button - McLaren 188

Video footage from Vettel's on-board camera appears to show him passing Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne in a yellow 'caution' zone on lap four of Sunday's race.

If that is the case and if any protest is made and upheld, it could result in a retrospective 20-second penalty for the German.

That would drop the 25-year-old from sixth to eighth, costing him valuable points and a third successive world title.

Alonso, who finished the race at Interlagos in second place behind Jenson Button, would then top the standings by a single point.

The 31-year-old Alonso, who was world champion in 2005 and 2006, is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA.

However, the governing body does not need Ferrari to act to investigate further. In fact, its own rules appear to oblige it to do so.

Article 179b of the international sporting code says: "If, in events forming part of an FIA championship, a new element is discovered, whether or not the stewards of the meeting have already given a ruling, these stewards of the meeting or, failing this, those designated by the FIA must meet… summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them."

It adds: "The period during which an appeal in review may be brought expires on 30 November of the year during which the decision that is liable to review has been handed down, if that decision is likely to have an effect on the result of a championship."

That appears to give the FIA until Friday to resolve the situation one way or another.

Drivers must proceed with caution and overtaking is strictly forbidden in a yellow zone - indicated by yellow flags and flashing trackside yellow lights.

If a driver is caught overtaking in a yellow-flag zone, the punishment is either to drive through the pits at restricted speed if the race is still under way, or 20 seconds added to a driver's race time if the incident takes place close to the end of the race or is investigated after the race.

The footage in question was not shown on the main global 'world feed' during the race as it was showing repeats of the start at the time.

However, it has since been posted on the video-sharing site YouTube.

The video is now available to watch on the BBC Sport website and is embedded at the top of this article.
Play media
Sebastian Vettel

Vettel's road to glory in 2012

The footage shows Vettel passing two flashing yellow lights then overtaking Vergne down the straight, completing the move before reaching a flashing green light, indicating the end of the yellow zone.

Rules dictate that the 'yellow' zone ends only when the driver passes the first 'green' indicator.

Drivers are alerted to caution zones by an indicator on their car's dashboard display.

The yellow flag indicator in Vettel's cockpit is on the whole time.

If there is any discrepancy between what is displayed on a driver's dashboard and what is being displayed on the track, then the trackside flags and lights take precedence.

It is possible that Vettel thought he was free to overtake Vergne because he saw a marshal waving a green flag at the exit of the pit lane. In other words, before he made his manoeuvre.

A green flag is waved by a marshal at that post as Vettel passes the Marussia of Charles Pic on lap three, but it is not clear whether it was still being waved on lap four.

Some videos have appeared on the internet that seem to show an official waving a green flag but it is not clear on official television footage.

The likelihood of any protest being lodged or of any action being taken depends on whether Ferrari or the FIA can establish whether there was a green flag waving at that marshals' post at that time.

If there was, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken. If there was not a green flag, it is highly likely that the case will go before the FIA Court of Appeal.

Under a strict interpretation of the rules, the Court of Appeal would seem to have little option in that scenario to impose a penalty.

But it may well feel it has to evaluate how much of an effect on the result of the race a drive-through penalty for Vettel at the time would have had.

BBC Sport asked the FIA:

- If the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix had investigated the incident in question during the race.

- If there was a green flag waved on lap four at the marshals' post on the inside of the track after the exit of Turn Three.

- If the FIA was now investigating the incident.

The FIA declined to comment.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #540

Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #541

oh yeah Vettel not getting penalized for passing on a Yellow was expected by me but everyone was pretty up in arms about it

but i thought it was Vettel passing Kobayashi on a yellow? or was there another incident too?

expected he wouldnt get penalized since Vettel is Bernies boytoy
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #542

^not sure, didn't notice that one.

Just when you think the season is over, oh the drama!

Axis of Oversteer website seems to think the pass in question was a legit pass.

Axis Of Oversteer: Case closed.

We looked up two things, an FIA track map with the marshaling positions indicated and a clearer copy of the onboard which you can see frame by frame from turn 3 on.
I rocked the few frames where the marshal on the left side of the track is visible waving what, though not clear, we have to assume is a green flag. Vettel makes the pass after that green flag station so it's all legal.

Where did the confusion arise? Well, the lights on Vettel's dashboard are still on at that point and stay on until he passes the next light station. The dashboard lights are perhaps tied to transponders at light station as opposed to marshal positions (they don't always match) but flags still take precedence.

Below, laps 3 and part of 4, where Vettel passes the Marussia (notice the lack of top speed on the RB8 at this point) and then the Toro Rosso, Notice also that on lap 3 the flag station on the right at the exit of T3 is green while on lap 4 it becomes yellow and keep in mind the camera does not see as well as the human eye would in those conditions.

Final verdict? It was in fact heads up racing by Vettel, like a Champion would drive.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #543

ah just looked in the Koba pass is supposedly legit

Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #544

^Hmmm, supposedly it was red/yellow, which only means debris or slippery track.

According to Charlie Whiting, Vettel's pass was legit!

'Vettel pass was legal' - FIA's Whiting insists - GPUpdate.net

Quote:
'Vettel pass was legal' - FIA's Whiting insists
29 November 2012

FIA race director Charlie Whiting has insisted that Sebastian Vettel's overtake on Jean-Éric Vergne during last weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix was completely legal. Despite yellow flag boards being illuminated in the opening sector on Lap 4, the German's move crucially came after a trackside green flag was waved.

Whiting confirmed that waved flags filled a number of gaps between boards at Interlagos, with 16 in place around the circuit. Between the flashing yellow and solid green boards along the Reta Oposta straight, a marshal was seen to be waving a green flag. This clears Vettel's move and leaves Ferrari without hope of appealing.

"If the lights are not installed at a flag post then the driver responds to the first signal that is shown," Whiting explained to Auto Motor Und Sport. "In Vettel's case, between the last yellow light and the green light there was a green flag being waved.

"The distance is 350 metres here (in Brazil). Vettel responded to the flag and did everything right."

Finishing sixth in Brazil after a first lap collision with the Williams of Bruno Senna, Vettel claimed the 2012 world title by three points over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #545

Looks like Ferrari has accepted the FIAs response!

BBC Sport - Formula 1: Ferrari say Sebastian Vettel complaint is 'closed'

Quote:
Formula 1: Ferrari say Sebastian Vettel complaint is 'closed'
By Andrew Benson Chief F1 writer

Ferrari says the controversy over world champion Sebastian Vettel's driving in the Brazilian Grand Prix is "closed".

Ferrari have now received an official response from governing body the FIA after requesting clarification on whether Vettel overtook illegally during the race.

The team says it "takes notice" and "considers the matter closed".
Play media
Sebastian Vettel

Vettel's road to glory in 2012

It says it raised the issue because the incident "could have left a shadow in the eyes of all the fans of Formula 1".

Ferrari had approached the FIA after concerns were raised over on-board footage from Vettel's car that appeared to show he had passed Jean-Eric Vergne's Toro Rosso in an area where overtaking was forbidden.

But the FIA has made it clear that Vettel did not begin his move until passing a green flag, indicating the end of the no-overtaking zone, which is not clearly visible on the video.

The penalty for overtaking in a 'yellow' caution zone, if applied after the race, is 20 seconds added to a driver's race time.

If that had happened to Vettel, he would have been demoted to eighth place and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso would have won the championship by one point.

Ferrari said: "The request for a clarification from the FIA, regarding Vettel's passing move on Vergne, came about through the need to shed light on the circumstances of the move, which came out on the internet only a few days after the race.
Final F1 standings

1. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull 281

2. Fernando Alonso - Ferrari 278

3. Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus 207

4. Lewis Hamilton - McLaren 190

5. Jenson Button - McLaren 188

"The letter to the FIA was in no way intended to undermine the legality of the race result.

"We received tens of thousands of queries relating to this matter from all over the world and it was incumbent on us to take the matter further, asking the Federation to look into an incident that could have cast a shadow over the championship in the eyes of all Formula 1 enthusiasts, not just Ferrari fans.

"Ferrari duly takes note of the reply sent by the FIA this morning and therefore considers the matter now closed."

The FIA said it had "replied to Scuderia Ferrari... stating that as the overtaking manoeuvre was not in breach of the regulations, and therefore there was no infringement to investigate, it was not reported to the Stewards by Race Control."

The situation regarding Vettel's move was complicated because the track-side warning lights and flags and Vettel's dashboard display contradicted each other.

Vettel pulls off the pass on lap four of the race before he reaches a green flashing light indicating that the yellow caution zone has ended.

And his dashboard display shows the yellow-flag warning sign throughout.

However, on-board videos of the incident seem to show a marshal waving a green flag on the inside of the track.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #546
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,073 Times in 1,920 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 90 Posts
Minor news but looks like HRT won't be on the grid next year. I wonder if it'll be down to 22 cars next year or we'll see a new (or old one comeback) team
Posted via RS Mobile
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote