REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #7201
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
sayyyy whhhaaaaatttt!!!!??!?!! thats wicked! where did you get'em?
Surprisingly, Amazon.ca Prime free same day ship too
Advertisement

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #7202
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 41 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Installed these pretty cool two-coloured LED fogs. Never knew such a thing existed before. No longer have to keep switching systems/tints to get yellow/white lighting
Got a link?
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #7203
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeyal View Post
Got a link?
https://www.amazon.ca/Multi-Color-He...MPZQDQR0FWNQPN

just a guess as i am not the original poster, but they look like what you want
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #7204
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 41 Times in 14 Posts
Oh... while the bulbs are powered on, switch them off and then turn them back on to change the color to yellow. Interesting design...
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #7205
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Failed 3 Times in 1 Post
washed my car myself. really big deal
konopj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #7206
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
I travel to and from remote/rural area's in BC for work quite frequently and because my stock halogen lights weren't bright enough, I decided it was time for an upgrade. With a budget of $140 ($20 for express shipping due to my tight schedule) and 10 hours of labor, I finally completed my headlight conversion at 3 in the morning. I don't think I will ever do a retrofit conversion again although the end results were orgasmic..

P.S. I apologize in advance for the vertical rotation of the last photo with the cut offline..
P.S.S I am selling a pair of Sylviana's Silverstar Ultra's 9006 for $30 w/ the original receipt. I bought them in October 2016 so it still has 5 more month's of warranty left. (they are a significant upgrade from the original bulbs but not as bright as HID's + projectors )
Spoiler!

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 05-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #7207
I STILL don't get it

That's sick! HID Projectors?
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #7208
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Updated DME and EGS(DCT) modules to latest revisions, re-calibrated the DCT. Got PPK coded, and mirrors and sunroof to close/open with remote.
Vulgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #7209
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
I put it all back together after fixing the one lingering error and took it for its first real drive. Getting to change my own gears again felt amazing
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 05-11-2017 at 09:53 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #7210
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not quite today but got rid of the old sagging suspension in the aristo and installed some coilovers:

1988 Toyota Supra - Mia
1990 Toyota Supra - Letty
1998 Toyota Aristo - Gisele (sold)
88SupraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #7211
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Failed 7 Times in 7 Posts
I've been so slammed since the Hagerty Spring Thaw Started, I didn't update on my fuel injection woes. The month before the event the Rally Bug was running and tuning fantastic, so I left on the Spring Thaw expecting things to be smooth sailing. The weekend, however, had other plans.

First off, the day before the event my trusty facet fuel pump I've been using for four years bit the biscuit. The car was no longer keeping the surge tank full, so the high-pressure pump was starving for fuel. Then, the Duffey Lake road had an Avalanche the night before the event...and then again the morning of. I madly typed out new route instructions while everyone registered, delivering the new route at the morning driver's meeting. We hit the Sea to Sky, and eventually the #1 towards Hope in pouring rain. After crossing the Port Mann, the Rally Bug started to exhibit signs I was losing a fuel pump yet again. Then, right before 200st, the Rally Beetle died with fuel starvation.

Hmmm. Fuel in the tank, both pumps working. Hmmm. We limped down to Mopac, I swapped out the fuel filters, tried a few other tricks, and then pulled the plug. I rented a car at the Abbotsford Airport, as the organizer needs to get to the dinner on time!

Ironically, after 30min in the rental car I realized I could have just swapped out the fuel pickup to the gas-heater fuel pickup located higher up in the tank. On the way home from the Spring Thaw we stopped at the car, swapped the lines, and drove the Rally Bug home. With the Hagerty Silver Summit in Colorado now complete, I finally got a chance to take a look at what was going on with the Rally Bug.

The post-surge-tank filter confirmed what I was thinking - it's gotta be dirt causing the issue. Despite the tank being quite clean to the eye, with the constant circulation of the fuel now that I'm running injection, I suspect I'm unsettling any and all the dirt that was in the crevices of the tank.

Pulled the fuel tank, and then the fuel outlet fitting and discovered it was completely plugged. Hmmm. Started to push the dirt out and was blown away by what I found. What are the chances that a piece of rubber, the exact size needed to plug the outlet would be loose in my tank? One of my vw buddies identified the rubber bit as the bumper off the fuel-level sender. Never seen one fall off...never imagined it would fit the fuel tank outlet perfectly!

So tonight I machined the outlet to accept a pre-screen. Yeah, yeah, in hindsight it seems like a painfully obvious item that I would have needed on the first go. Filter screen is press-fit, but I still used a bit of fuel-safe sealant to ensure it stays on the outlet.

On the topside, the Rally Bug now has two low-pressure pumps ready to feed the surge tank. The backup pump isn't completely hooked up, as I still want to be able to use the gas-heater. Should the fuel system have an issue, however, it will only take me about 5min on the side of the road to flip the system over to the other pickup and pump.

Ready to go...if I actually had any fuel in the shop. Need to head out in the morning to fill some cans at the Chevron.

Good thing it will be moveable tomorrow, I need to adjust the brake and clutch on the '58 Beetle.

-Dave
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #7212
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Installed coilovers today. Took me 5hrs with my kid wanting to help but good learning experience for both of us since this was my first time installing coils. Set it to the lowest setting, will probably raise it later.

Last edited by ZordosZZ; 06-05-2017 at 03:48 PM.
ZordosZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #7213
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Injector rail came and and finally did a full fuel system test with no leaks! Omg I want to turn the key but I have to wait until Thursday! Thing is ready to rock!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #7214
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Swapped the dash on the E30 and upon removal of the centre console, found this:

Old 06-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #7215
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

It's a gift of appreciation from the little bimmer. I think you have to smoke it or it's disrespectful.
dustyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #7216
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I bought some wheels from Japan a month ago and finally came in. Had them installed on my 1992 Autozam AZ-1. Wheels are Yokohama Aspec Mosler Type I (1982-1984). I thought they were aero hubs but are 1-piece rims.

nicanor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #7217

The '58 Volkswagen desperately needed the headlights aimed, partially a factor of never really driving it at night. When I built it, I had to use 'new replacement' headlight assemblies, and they're never as good as original German. Something in the adjustment had broken in the right side headlight, so I had to pull the buckets...

Might as well upgrade while you're in there! First thing to go was the sealed-beam headlights. Now, my '58 is converted to 12v (originals were 6 volt), so putting in a Euro-code H4 headlight assembly makes sense. While I was at it, I figured why not try out some LED headlights. The photo above shows the Bright Source H4 Headlight on right, and the 12v sealed beam on the left.

Also worked out the source of the transmission fluid on the floor. One of my new swing axle boots is leaking. Sigh. Replacement parts for classic cars are so hit and miss. Ah well, topped up the fluid and I'll order boots for the next time.

-Dave
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #7218
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,635 Times in 527 Posts
Failed 21 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanor76 View Post
I bought some wheels from Japan a month ago and finally came in. Had them installed on my 1992 Autozam AZ-1. Wheels are Yokohama Aspec Mosler Type I (1982-1984). I thought they were aero hubs but are 1-piece rims.

Spoiler!
So cool! Those remind me of old school Hot Wheels wheels:

Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #7219
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Bored on the weekend, decided to try a ricer exhaust mod... Not gonna lie, sounded great until I hit that dreaded 2000rpm V8 drone... back to stock

Old 06-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #7220
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Started work on installing the lift into my Jeep. I wasn't planning on it, but I picked up a screw and the new tires won't fit without the lift installed, and there's no way I'm buying stock sized tires just because of that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #7221
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 22 Times in 10 Posts

Picked up this little guy. 500 Turbo!
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #7222

Okay, so one thing I never learned to enjoy, and thus do well, is detailing a car. I can wash and turn the Rally Bug from dust bomb to like-new-clean...but waxing and polishing just isn't my thing. I burned the paint on one of my beloved cars back when I was 18, and haven't really risked it since. Spray wax in a bottle is about as far as I go :P

Now, mind you, I own drivers and have rarely owned a vehicle where the paint is so good you'd notice the lack of detailing. I mean, the Rally Bug is awesome...but gravel rash is sort of it's character.

After having most of the '58 repainted, however, it was in desperate need for a wax. First off, all the new paint has just been hanging out unprotected since September of last year. Secondly, I didn't repaint the doors, rear side panels or rear fenders. It was an ICBC insurance job, and I put extra money into things like the interior and headliner. The sides of the car had really bad swirl marks in the paint from the previous owner. When the car was clean, you could 100% tell he washed it in an up and down motion.

I must be getting older and wiser...I have never paid anyone to wash my car before...

Rick has done a friend of mine's 2002, his 3.0CS and his 944...so I knew Rick wasn't going to ruin the car...but black is so hard to keep swirl free. Friday was a rather nervous day. Rick was going to wash the car, paint correct the sides, and wax the whole thing.

Super stoked on the final result. The paint matches on the whole car, the swirl marks are gone and I can actually see myself in the side of it. Caught myself debating on whether or not I should take the car out on Saturday evening, as it was going to be parked under trees for a few hours.

Don't worry, slapped myself and took the car. I don't own garage queens, even if they look good :P
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #7223
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hey Dave, the first post of this thread says not to post up what you paid someone else to do...

But in all seriousness, that is a beauty. It deserves to be driven.
dustyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #7224
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 41 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
Spoiler!

Picked up this little guy. 500 Turbo!
Congrate
Unleash the little guy with a tune or piggy back right a way.
Abarth OEM straight pipe exhaust to get its Exotic engine note
Old 06-27-2017, 11:56 AM   #7225

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyco View Post
Hey Dave, the first post of this thread says not to post up what you paid someone else to do...

But in all seriousness, that is a beauty. It deserves to be driven.
Lol, like I've gone back to read the first post out of 289 pages!

I guess I should have added that last night I put it up on axle stands and adjusted the valves and the points. Today I'll get the timing dialed in and change the oil...but I had no photos. And everyone likes photos :P