REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
I got my 750i a few weeks ago from BJ and the sales guy (khan) was very helpful and gave me a smoking deal. My Audi A5 is from Openroad Audi and the guy I deal with their is Josh, he's young and he'll workout a good deal for you. The Richmond Audi dealership sucks; I was looking at a Q7 and the sales guy kept mentioning the price like I couldn't read and afford it. When I asked him about the lease and finance rates he said "I can't remember them because most people pay cash", sure bud.

Autowest is also on the top of my list of dealers, my E92 was from there. I have to say their service dept. probably the best out of all the BMW dealers. My first BMW was from BMW store but I haven't dealt with them for years but my experience with their service dept. was excellent as well.
+1 for Josh and Open Road Audi's assistant sales manager. I would avoid Richmond at all costs. I go there for servicing only and the front desk girls.

If you're buying/leasing brand new, I would suggest Open Road over the other dealers. Josh knows his cars and is courteous.
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #27
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dygital View Post
Hey PJ, could you give me some clarification on the S4? A salesmen told me the transmission is not dual clutch, but wikipedia says it is and the website says it is tiptronic (a quick google search shows that its dual clutch...)

and what made you decide on an A/S 4 over a 328/335i?
From what I understand you can get the S4 as a 6-speed manual or 7-speed tiptronic. Not sure about the dual clutch thing. If I were to spring for the S, I was going to go for the auto, but I'm likely going to do the A4.

Between the Audi's and BMW's, it's just personal preference. You're already in German luxury league, so it's really up to your own tastes.

To be frank, I think the BMW's are all around better cars than Audis. Everything's very sturdy and reliable. But when I drive a 3-series, from the moment I sit inside, everything just seems very vanilla and bland. I've never been a huge fan of the 3-series' minimalist interior. The interior, the exterior, the whole package feels very.. meh. I mean everything's good, there's nothing wrong, but at the same time there's nothing that really stands out, and it just didn't excite me like the Audi did.

I prefer the Audi exterior, interior, and features in every way. Also, everything just feels a lot more.. edgy and sleek. Since I'm leasing, Audi's rates are a bit better than the BMW's, though this wasn't the deal breaker. Audi's 2.0T is known to have problems, but apparently in the newer generations, the problems seem to be minimal, no more than the 335i's common problems.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #28
I don't get it

Failed 76 Times in 9 Posts
iirc, the rate for a4 was 1.9 and s4 is 2.9
bmw said 4.9 for the 2012 335i....

I didn't test drive the 3 series, so do you know how the steering is? The A/S 4's steering was a bit loose for my taste. I've driven my friends C350 and it didn't have the same feeling of looseness
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 192 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
iirc, the rate for a4 was 1.9 and s4 is 2.9
bmw said 4.9 for the 2012 335i....

I didn't test drive the 3 series, so do you know how the steering is? The A/S 4's steering was a bit loose for my taste. I've driven my friends C350 and it didn't have the same feeling of looseness
What did the s4 have? I tested all of these cars out prior to getting the s4, and have also tested multiple cars after getting the s4. C350/Is350 have the loosest steering of them all. Where as the 335i/s steering is quite stiff. The s4 (I have never driven an a4 before so I can't say much on them) is in between them all. If you opt for the Sport differential, or the Audi Drive Select, there is a noticeable difference in the steering. Comfort mode steering feels more loose then my corolla, where as sport mode is more akin to a BMW. There is a difference between an s4 and an s4 with the sport differential. May seem like a minor thing, but most people's gripes with the s4's steering/handling/etc. can be solved with the sport differential, and some better sway bars.

Like PJ I was swayed from getting a 335i because despite being a driver's car, bmw 3 series felt boring to drive. Sure the steering is nice when doing fast turns/tracking, but gets in the way of normal everyday driving. Exterior looked bland, interior was worse then the competition .by a long shot ( Personal opinion) And for the price I was paying it felt like I was getting less- Blind spot detectors, backup camera, etc.

HOWEVER these are all based on my 2010 S4 versus the old e92 335i/s, and pre 2012 c-class benz.

Also as other's have mentioned, Josh at Open Road is probably the only person I'd talk to in the Openroad audi sales department.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Hey PJ, could you give me some clarification on the S4? A salesmen told me the transmission is not dual clutch, but wikipedia says it is and the website says it is tiptronic (a quick google search shows that its dual clutch...)

and what made you decide on an A/S 4 over a 328/335i?
s4 come with DSG -> dual clutch =)
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #31
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 7 Times in 7 Posts
for BMW:

The BMW Store. I recommend to talk to Neil Shah.

good luck!

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #32
I STILL don't get it

Failed 10 Times in 3 Posts
another +1 for The BMW Store. Had no problems with my sale.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote