REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #26
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trix4kids View Post
The car is lowered and tucked under her rear bumper when she crashed. The ABS did kick in. Right now he knows hes fked but he's scared that the 1st and 2nd car are going to tell a different story to make him 100%.
Nothing really to be scared about since your friend is going to be at fault one way or another. No real difference whether he is 100% at fault or only 50% at fault (absolute best case scenario), it'll still hit his insurance all the same. There's a very high likelihood that somebody will claim for injuries or going to see a doctor/physio at the very least so that makes repaying ICBC for damages out of the question. The only person that has something to gain from this is the middle car who may get off scott free if the front car says there was only 1 impact.
Advertisement
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Failed 1,234 Times in 307 Posts
Quote:
The car is lowered and tucked under her rear bumper when she crashed. The ABS did kick in. Right now he knows hes fked but he's scared that the 1st and 2nd car are going to tell a different story to make him 100%.
Right now as it stand, hes 100% at fault for hitting the car in front.
As for the Mini and Corolla, the corolla would be at fault for hitting the mini.

a 40mph would not have momentum to push the corolla into the mini, unless she was tailgating the mini. this is prolly the main point he can try to argue to save some points...
Old 07-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Wouldn't the chinese lady be at fault? she didn't give enough time for my friend to stop, she basically rammed into the mini cooper
Rear ended is 100% the rear car false no matter how hard the front car hit the brake.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Dash cam wouldn't help in this situation, its the drivers responsibility to leave enough time and space between the vehicle in front not to crash into it, even if it did stop abruptly.
Even though I do dash camera business, I think it might help a little bit because you can see the corolla hit the mini first if you turn on the voice record. Also, the normal recording will got the corolla hit the mini first. I don't know how ICBC judge the payment but i am sure 300zx owner can save a bit money.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
As it stands, my friend will be responsible for his own bumper, and the corollas rear bumper. The corolla will be responsible for her front bumper and whatever happened to the VW,

thanks for all the opinions and information
trix4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

^That's not a bad result tho.

Last edited by asr; 07-17-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #32

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
yeah, hopefully no hidden damages on either cars
Old 07-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #33
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
Let me guess, your friend is trying to cheap out and settle privately? (because ICBC doesn't assign repairs like that) that's such a bad idea.. The other party can still go back to ICBC and claim and your friend will be out of money he pays privately for repair AND still get the claim rate go up.. and worse if there is any soft tissue insurance down the road, he has to deal with it himself.

If the lady you claim cause all the accidents, it sounds like she knows the ins and out of it and taking "your friend" for a ride.

Quote:
As it stands, my friend will be responsible for his own bumper, and the corollas rear bumper. The corolla will be responsible for her front bumper and whatever happened to the VW,

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #34

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Actually that's what his adjuster told us would happen. Even if he did settle privately, would not put it past that scumbag lady to screw him, she changed her story out of panic a couple times at the scene, but she's definitely experienced at how to be a bad driver and get away with it.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #35

Quote:

Thats exactly how predicted the outcome!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
UFO

That's a really weird ICBC assignment of damage. So did the front car say there was 1 or 2 hits? Because ICBC is now deeming that the Corolla caused all the damage to its own front and the Mini, and your friend caused all the damage to the rear of Corolla but none to the Corolla's front or the Mini (which is unlikely).
Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Pictures of the 300 front end?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
That's a really weird ICBC assignment of damage. So did the front car say there was 1 or 2 hits? Because ICBC is now deeming that the Corolla caused all the damage to its own front and the Mini, and your friend caused all the damage to the rear of Corolla but none to the Corolla's front or the Mini (which is unlikely).
Because the corolla hit the mini first before his friend hit the corolla
Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
UFO

Yes I know that, but when the 300 hit the Corolla there would have been a second hit into the Mini which would have caused additional damage to the front of Corolla and rear of Mini, and its impossible to differentiate which damage was caused by which hit.