REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-27-2021, 09:41 PM   #2476
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Now that's how you troll.. without having a take that makes you look bad
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:51 PM   #2477
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Glad you caught that ...
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 01:52 PM   #2478
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
More drama from AB. Brown removes his jersey and shoulder pads before saying goodbye to the Jets fans during the game.

He's done with the Bucs. Bye bye drama queen.

Tampa Bay started their comeback to win the Jets after Brown left the game.

Cry baby could not handle Coach Arians benching him.

Antonio Brown just said goodbye to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He quits on the team in the middle of the game.

With Tampa Bay's offense in the midst of a third-quarter drive against the New York Jets, the star wideout pulled off his helmet, jersey and pads, waved to the fans at MetLife Stadium and ran into the tunnel. Video showed teammate Mike Evans attempting to restrain Brown from removing his uniform.

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians told the media after Tampa Bay's 28-24 comeback win that Brown was no longer with the team.

Antonio Brown just said goodbye to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

With Tampa Bay's offense in the midst of a third-quarter drive against the New York Jets, the star wideout pulled off his helmet, jersey and pads, waved to the fans at MetLife Stadium and ran into the tunnel. Video showed teammate Mike Evans attempting to restrain Brown from removing his uniform.

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians told the media after Tampa Bay's 28-24 comeback win that Brown was no longer with the team.

"He is no longer a Buc. That's the end of the story," Arians said.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-02-2022 at 01:57 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #2479

Yah, watching Brady's post-game interview, I think AB's behaviour is probably consistent of someone who has mental health issues ... in particular, the high cycle of bi-polar. If only he got the help and support that the Bucs and TB compassionately offered him. Sad but the Bucs made the right decision. Arians is probably very happy that finally, he's off the team.

Other big headlines:
1. Cincy over KC ... with a last second field goal, tight game, Cincy showed tenacity in coming back from 21-7 at one point.
2. Arizona > Dallas ... just when you thought Dallas was peaking & maybe a favourite in the NFC. Ariz 2 pt convert fail. Dal 2 pt convert successful but Ariz gets the W.
3. Seattle beats up the Lions ... too little, too late. Bye bye Russell Wilson.
4. LA Rams go for 2pt conversion at the end and don't get it ... but still gets the W. Raven's 5th loss in a row. Cue SkinnyPupp's speech, 'Woe are the Ravens who are on their 12th cornerback, 5th QB, just finishing the game is a moral victory.'

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-04-2022 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:10 AM   #2480

Jamarr Chase is insane... Felt like he disappeared for a bit after a hot start, but wow

Dak looks like Joe Flacco when he runs. He has lost that part of his game completely with that injury

AB always obviously had mental issues, and should have been treating that instead of getting spoiled by shitty people. If the Jets were just a little bit good, that would have been a nice fuck you to them losing. But man, with the exception of Mosley, their D is all time bad (and they are badly injured as well)

Another 1 point loss for the Ravens, despite being one of the most injured teams in NFL history. If just ONE of those field goals were a TD that would be a win... Of course spoiled fans will probably have shit to say when this stuff happens, but I'm just glad they are still putting on games that are fun to watch and still close. 8-8 could be 12-4 Makes me excited for next year!

Like I said when Lamar got injured, I just don't want any injuries that last into next season. Right now the season goal for fans is just to try to give Ben a loss on his way out.

I think they're still technically alive for the playoffs, but need the Jags to win
Old 01-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #2481

This makes it sound like Arians cut him right there in the game, which makes his actions a bit more sympathetic...

I did notice that after the Jets TD to go up 14 right before this happened, they showed Tom Brady talking to him on the sideline about something... Not sure if he was bitching him out like he often does to receivers (he looked pissed), or trying to rally them up. I think I read Brown's lips saying "I know"
Old 01-04-2022, 07:47 AM   #2482

TJ Watts (4 sacks) and Najee Harris (188 yds) combine to give Roethlisberger a W in his last game in Heinz Field. #7 himself contributed with 1 TD pass. Great send off for a Hall of Famer QB. Steelers sitting in 2nd place in division and is still mathematically in the hunt for a playoff spot ... with a W next week and with some help.

Old 01-04-2022, 03:54 PM   #2483

Ben threw 46 attempts for a total of 123 yards, setting an all time low for yards per attempt

Browns really hung Baker out to dry there. Dude can barely throw, and they have him out there getting sacked 4 times by TJ alone. They have one of the best RBs in the league and he was benched in the second quarter after averaging about 5.5 YPC.

If they hadn't signed his extension, I would have thought they were purposefully sabotaging him or something... I think they're going to look for someone to replace him, but too many other teams will be doing the same. I think they should give him one more year, he a top half QB when not injured.. Pretty hard to find someone better when so many other teams will be looking to do the same. I suppose they could try the draft again but then they could end up with another Johnny Football (or any of the other top picks they wasted for 20 years)

I'm glad Ben got his emotional goodbye at home, because his actual last game, I hope he just gets destroyed

MNF crew brought up that he was "immature" when he was young, a really weird way to describe someone who has several rape allegations against him. Sports media tends to do stuff like this, Collinsworth did with AB a few months ago.. But to refer to ACTUAL RAPE allegations as being IMMATURE is pretty fucked up. Unless they were ignoring that stuff, and referring to all the other issues he had... Which is worse I guess?
Old 01-04-2022, 04:19 PM   #2484

Good thing the Ravens are the gold standard when it comes to teams with character players.

Ray Rice ELEVATOR KNOCKOUT – His Fiancee Takes The Punch

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-04-2022 at 04:25 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #2485

Yeah what did they do the moment that came out? Even got sued for it

Give your head a shake man lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #2486

You literally made a point supporting my team is better than most others... Kareem Hunt still has a job, Tyreek Hill still has a job. The team voted Earl Thomas out when they found out he was a piece of shit, despite him being one of the best safeties in the league. Ravens were desperate for RBs and didn't sign Adrian Peterson while others did. Thanks!

If you're going to call out a team for bad culture, this aint it
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2022, 04:23 AM   #2487

I bet on the Ravens to make it to the playoffs.. +4288 odds
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2022, 12:36 AM   #2488
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 77 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Good luck 👍🏼

Doesn't Jackson Choke on big games though?
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:38 AM   #2489

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Good luck 👍🏼

No

Also he's not playing
Old 01-09-2022, 07:54 AM   #2490

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Good luck 👍🏼

Yes.

Good thing for Ravens, he's injured and not playing today.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #2491

Sorry Scrawnydog ....Steelers win and Ravens end their season with 6th loss in a row. How fitting, their losing streak began with Steelers and ended with Steelers. Must hurt moreso cuz they were beaten by a washed up, last legs, immature QB with rape allegations.

Ravens go from a promising 8-3 to a pathetic 8-9. How would you like to eat your crow?

Steelers in playoff barring a statistical rarity tonight.

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-09-2022 at 06:59 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2022, 05:09 PM   #2492

What a thrilling win for the 49ers.

An overtime win for Sam Fran. They make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2022, 05:52 PM   #2493

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Sorry Scrawnydog ....Steelers win and Ravens end their season with 6th loss in a row. How fitting, their losing streak began with Steelers and ended with Steelers. Must hurt moreso cuz they were beaten by a washed up, last legs, immature QB with rape allegations.

Ravens go from a promising 8-3 to a pathetic 8-9. How would you like to eat your crow?

Steelers in playoff barring a statistical rarity tonight.

https://twitter.com/SteeIerNation/st...91771829657600
Try harder
Old 01-09-2022, 07:08 PM   #2494

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
What a thrilling win for the 49ers.

An overtime win for San Fran. They make the playoffs.

You gotta love a team that can win in order to get into the playoffs ... especially in OT! Kudos to the Niner's !!
Old 01-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #2495

Are you kidding me? Got another tie game going into OT in the Sunday Nighter??!!

Edit:. What a finish! Unbelievable, just unbelievable! Another team wins in OT to get into the dance!

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-09-2022 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:21 PM   #2496

The Official *NFL* thread

My Pats gotta play the Bills in a wild card game next weekend.
Hmmm.

-was cheering for the Chargers to beat the Raiders in OT.

Oh well. On to Buffalo instead Cincinnati.

Plenty of wildcard games to watch next weekend. This is the first time that the league has wild Card games on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:45 PM   #2497

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Funny thing is that this could have happened. Colts lost, Chargers lost ... now if only the Ravens would have won, they would have gotten in.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:52 PM   #2498

Aside from the Ravens loss, all my bets panned out except of course the Patriots... Somehow this is less painful than having to count on them to get my team in. The only game of those I was sure of was Jags winning, dammit should have just bet on them at like +400 lol

14th pick in the draft next year, and 6 extra picks from comps and trades

To have meaningful games at all on week 18 with this team is nothing short of a amazing. To lose 5 games by a total combined score of 8 points with the rank 32 defense and backup QB? Just insane! I have a feeling if they did make it, with Lamar coming back it might have been another miracle playoff run like 2012.

Oh well, next year should be great if everyone can stay healthy. Same can be said for the Saints actually

That Raiders/Chargers game was one of the craziest games I've ever seen. What a shame Herbert is out of the playoffs.

I always liked the Raiders too, good luck!

So the playoffs are set, I'll be cheering for the Raiders in AFC and the Eagles in NFC.. Neither will likely make it out of the wild card, but if they do it should be fun.

Along with those two, I'll be rooting against whoever is playing vs the Patriots, Packers, Titans, and the Tom Brady Football Team
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2022, 11:29 AM   #2499

Classy Raven's players ... maybe some Ravens fans can learn from.

Past and Present Ravens Bid Farewell to Ben Roethlisberger With Lots of Respect and One 'I Hate You'
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ts-of-respect-

S Ed Reed - "The dude was just a competitor, one of those ultimate competitors. Big Ben always gave them a chance."

LB Jarret Johnson - "What always stood out about Ben was how different he was from any other QB in the game. He was built like a pocket passer but played like a mobile QB. He could extend plays and seemed more accurate on the move. The more the play broke down, the better he was. Ben, you were the perfect opponent! Big, strong and tough. Built to play in the AFC North."

LB Adalius Thomas - "Playing against Ben was always a challenge. He was hard to sack because he's as big as a linebacker and tough. We tested his chin several times and he got up each time."

LB Bart Scott
- "The greatest thing I could say about Ben Roethlisberger is that he played like a Raven. That's something rare to say about an opponent, but Ben Roethlisberger would have been a great Raven. If this is the last time Ben Roethlisberger gets back up, all I can say is job well done and respect."

LB Ray Lewis (to Colin Cowherd in 2018) - "You're talking about a two-time Super Bowl champion. You're talking about one of the greatest warriors that's ever played this game."

"One thing about Ben is I don't care how many times you hit him, and I don't care how hard you hit him, he's going to come right back the next play and you're going to think he would never play again. … You would have the perfect blitz call. You would jump on his back, he would shake the guy off, and then he throw the ball down the field 30-40 yards. That's the one intangible that makes him so great. It's schoolyard football."

Defensive Coordinator Wink Martindale
- "You think about in the history of this game, of this rivalry, how many times he's been hit, and you can picture him – his fans, his writers, his coaches. It's unbelievable – his resiliency and his toughness. It's a credit to him, with all the great players they've had there in the past, that he's going to be mentioned, probably, first or in that Top 5 of players that they've had there throughout all these years. So, he's a great competitor. [I've got] nothing but respect for him. Even this year, supposedly, his last year, they're No. 2 in the NFL in scoring points in the fourth quarter."

DL Calais Campbell - "He's just a competitor. When the game is on the line, I think that's when he's at his best. I've played against him quite a few times, and I feel like he's had a lot of up and down moments. We've had some games where we picked him off, I think, four times, and there's games where he lit us up. But I feel like no matter what, no matter what happened in the game, when the game was on the line, he was at his best. But you've got to give him his respect. He's a legend in the game. And I've always appreciated playing against true competitors – guys I respect and admire – and on the football field, he's one of the greatest to ever do it."
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 05:16 PM   #2500

While I'm having fun taking shots at rival teams and players, this guy has turned the thread into taking shots at me in every post he makes... It's gone from fun bantz back and forth, to weird trolling, to straight up bad faith trolling, to personal attacks over and over... Weird

I won't be responding after this, but I will say that whatever it is that is causing you to want to do this to strangers on the internet, I hope you get it sorted out. I've learned that if people lash out like this, they are probably going through some painful things in life.

Take care man, genuinely.
This post thanked by: