REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #2851
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
I was surprised Mac was running as well he was, he looked totally fine! Way more surprised BB pulled him tbh.. It's like he was responding to the crowd's impatience rather than having a real reason. He can't possibly think Zappe is the guy can he?

I don't think it was very foggy.. There was some smoke on the field at the start due to the fireworks though

Thing about this year is you never know who is going to win after the top 2 teams.. and even then, they've each lost a fluky game. Even the Eagles have looked pretty normal at times in all their wins. Crazy season, it should be as close to a lock as it gets for the Bills to win, as long as they can avoid another disaster in the playoffs.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:59 PM   #2852

Old 10-26-2022, 03:05 PM   #2853

Also turns out this wasn't the first time Mac Jones was purposefully trying to inure players...

Somehow he didn't get in trouble for this!

He better get suspended for at least a game or two for the nut shot. Although I think most of the dumb fans might be happy about it
Old 10-26-2022, 07:26 PM   #2854

That wasn't the only attempted kick on a slide that Jones did in the Bears game.. Here he is attempting to kick THE SAME GUY on a slide a couple plays earlier than the nut shot

Old 10-27-2022, 11:33 AM   #2855
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts

Ol' boy is gonna have a "roughing the passer" on his ass pretty fast doing that stuff.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #2856

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Ol' boy is gonna have a "roughing the passer" on his ass pretty fast doing that stuff.
That's what sucks - defensive players can't really do anything about it without getting penalized. That's why him doing it makes him a rat bastard.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:23 PM   #2857

So does Tom retire before the game in Germany?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2022, 07:36 PM   #2858
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ hope so! But I heard him say in an interview, he loves his teammates, no thought of retiring, so I think he's going down with the ship.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2022, 11:49 AM   #2859

He won't retire. The divorce is going forward, he'll stay in the league.

The question is whether he'll stay with the Bucs next year.

I really do believe the reports of him wanting part ownership of a team and become a QB/Coach style player held some truth.

Would that be Miami as initially reported? Who knows.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:51 PM   #2860

Stupid fool! Was playing this lame ass season worth it?

Old 10-28-2022, 05:58 PM   #2861

I don't want to shit on him for personal stuff like the divorce.. But man I can't even imagine the mentality of going through a disastrous season and then all that on top of it.. He actually retired to save his marriage and keep his family together, and then turned his back on them just a few weeks later. After proving himself to be literally the best football player ever, and one of the best pro athletes to ever have existed. ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED IT and still does this.

I still remember when he had his kids on the field after winning the Super Bowl with Tampa, and talking about how much he cared about them, hinting at retirement even then. Turns out it was all bullshit; literally all he cares about is football.

I thought after another awful performance he might call it quits, allowing Bruce come back and try to salvage the team, but nope looks like he's doubling down. It's not just the coaching and teammates either, although there were a lot of times where they were not on the same page. His throws are so weak and inaccurate now, so it's not just them.

The Miami thing is crazy, because the owner was willing to throw everyone under the bus to bring him in as part owner, part GM, part player. Imagine that disaster!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2022, 04:37 PM   #2862

No fine or suspension for Mac Jones, which means someone is going to have to try to get payback on their own... There's still some Burfict type players out there (seems like White linebackers are particularly insane these days)

If it was a defensive player kicking a QB in the nuts, do you think there would be no fine?
Old 10-30-2022, 05:34 PM   #2863

These bullshit roughing the passer penalties almost make me want to stop watching football
Old 10-30-2022, 06:13 PM   #2864

Pretty mundane week 8, nothing really dramatic or surprising, or really worth commenting on. Just glad that GB is on track to lose 4 in a row.

One highlight play, 1st Canadian with a TD Pass since 2003 ... on a 4th down and with his left hand!

Old 10-31-2022, 01:19 AM   #2865

DJ Moore catches the longest air TD since they started tracking it at 62 yards. Takes off his helmet during the celebration, causing them to have to take a long extra point for the game winner, which they miss, and then lose it in OT

Jerome Boger, the worst ref by far in the NFL, referred to Seattle as "the Mariners" during a penalty call.. The FUCK is that guy doing still reffing? There's too many moments to point out for how bad this guy is, but the most recent was that Tom Brady roughing call against Atlanta which cost them the game

Seattle vs NYG was a fucking great game with great defensive play on both sides, a ton of huge hits, and some amazing play by Geno. Geno Smith is 100% legitimately a great QB. Not a system QB or a gimmick, actually good. Feel bad for that kick returner with 2 fumbles.. Second one wasn't really his fault as he was KO'd

Jags and Jets are so frustrating to watch, but their futures look brighter than they have in a long time. They put together like 80% of a fucking amazing scoring drive, then just do dumb shit. Trevor Lawrence shows flashes of brilliance with amazing accurate throws and perfect timing, but also makes dumb mistakes. Zach Wilson much less impressive. Maybe still too early to call for both of them, but I am more hopeful for Lawrence

That roughing the passer call against the Jets came just as they were really cooking and everything was going their way. Completely fell apart after that. Sucks so bad to see games get ruined by bad calls. Like not borderline or nearly inconsequential calls, but actual game changing awful calls.

Raiders shut out in a must win game. Season is over for them, after being in almost every game despite losing. One and done for the coach?

Washington comeback by Heinicke was really fun to watch. Too bad their owner is such a creep. Seems like the other owners might vote him out though.

Nice to see the Packers lose again but I kind of want something to not go the Bills way for once. Will probably have to wait until the playoffs for that (again). If GB had any offense whatsoever, even a single decent receiver, they 100% win that game. Allen did his best to throw that game away.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:35 PM   #2866

Edit now that I've calmed down, I can say that this is a huge get for them... Patrick Queen was their prospect LB but he's way better on the outside. Ravens haven't had a better starting LB to replace him with though, until now. This covers up his position with one of the league's best (and a great guy which is always good to see) and will let Queen move to OLB where he really shines. Crazy great move

Obviously they plan to re-sign him, giving up a 2nd and 5th to bring him in, which probably means this will be Marcus Peters' last season with the team, unless he takes a pay cut to stay.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:18 PM   #2867

Cleveland 32- Cincy 13 ... kinda surprised. Brissett outplays Burrows ... what is happening??!! Skinny must be happy as Ravens take sole possession of 1st place in AFC North.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2022, 07:42 PM   #2868

Yup I was hoping for a Browns win to keep the Bungles at bay but I did not expect it to be so one sided!

I'm happy for Jake Brisket, he's a great guy and deserves to win. Hopefully it's for a more deserving team next year after they sit him for the rapist in a few weeks

Also this is why it's not a good idea to react to one or two lopsided games in a row in the NFL... Everyone was planning the Super Bowl parade when the Bungles won 2 in a row including a crazy 500+ yard game against the Falcons.. Well Chase played injured that game to get those stats, and now he's out at least a few weeks. They really could have used him in this game!
Old 11-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #2869
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Your thoughts on the trades on deadline day?

Chase Claypool gets traded to the Bears.

Bills add depth to their running game:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-trade...trade-deadline

Nyheim Hines. The Bills' pass catching running back.

Broncos trading pass rusher Bradley Chubb to Dolphins for 2023 first-round pick, RB Chase Edmonds
Old 11-01-2022, 03:17 PM   #2870

^ not understanding why Steelers traded one of their most productive offensive pieces? They got too many receivers?
Old 11-01-2022, 04:09 PM   #2871

I think with Claypool it's a character issue? There have been trade rumors with him forever. Which is pretty crazy, because they were always the team that could take goofballs and turn them into really productive players regardless of any personality issues. Especially WRs!

Green Bay tried to get him, but the bears swooped in with their 2nd round draft pick (not the Ravens one they got yesterday, so it will be a high 2nd round pick)

All the contenders were pretty active - Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Vikings - but some building teams were too, like the Bears and Jags. Jaguars picked up Calvin Ridley, while he's suspended for betting against them Ridley's suspension is indefinite and he has yet to be reinstated. Which is funny (in a tragic way) because being a rapist gets you a solid 11 games and then you're good to go, as long as you promise not to rape anyone anymore.

Surprised the Chiefs weren't more active.

It's still not like the NHL trade deadline, but there were a lot of trades to read about! More than ever in the league.
Old 11-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #2872

Let's go!

Really hopeful for the second half of the season! Aside from the Dolphins disaster, no team has scored more than 26 points on them (avg opponent score: 20.1). Their biggest score trail was 4 points, and they've had double digit leads in every game (even the losses lol)

Once they get those 4th quarter disasters taken care of, and Lamar tightens up his passing game, the second half SHOULD look a lot better.

Mini bye this week (Thurs game into Monday) and then a full bye after that. And every team they play from then on currently has a record below .500. Lots of divisional games though, and records don't matter with those (as we saw yesterday)

Let's go!
Old 11-02-2022, 07:23 AM   #2873

Snyder preparing to sell?

Old 11-02-2022, 12:26 PM   #2874

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think with Claypool it's a character issue? There have been trade rumors with him forever. Which is pretty crazy, because they were always the team that could take goofballs and turn them into really productive players regardless of any personality issues. Especially WRs!

Green Bay tried to get him, but the bears swooped in with their 2nd round draft pick (not the Ravens one they got yesterday, so it will be a high 2nd round pick)

All the contenders were pretty active - Dolphins, Bills, Ravens, Vikings - but some building teams were too, like the Bears and Jags. Jaguars picked up Calvin Ridley, while he's suspended for betting against them Ridley's suspension is indefinite and he has yet to be reinstated. Which is funny (in a tragic way) because being a rapist gets you a solid 11 games and then you're good to go, as long as you promise not to rape anyone anymore.

Surprised the Chiefs weren't more active.

It's still not like the NHL trade deadline, but there were a lot of trades to read about! More than ever in the league.

Fuck off with the "rape" comments. He didn't rape anyone, that's extremely hyperbolic. Rape isn't a word one should throw around so loosely.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 03:49 PM   #2875

Onto week 9, pretty ordinary, lots of teams on bye.

1. Really surprised with Buffalo ... lost to NYJ. They are not as solid or complete as I thought. Josh Allen trying to do everything himself - passes for 205, runs for 86 yds, runs for 2 TDs, but throws 2 int.

2. Detroit over GB ...

3. TB12 pulls one out of his arse with late last min win over Rams. Pathetic NFC South ... Bucs at #1 spot with record of 4-5