REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-06-2022, 06:16 PM   #2876
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Watching the games now

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jags~! That was my first pick to watch actually, but it looked like they couldn't move the ball at all and Adams was just catching everything. Switched to Jets game, both my teams won, but I think I watched the better game for sure

Now to see the end of the GB game and see if they continue their dumpster fire

Edit:
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:31 AM   #2877

Some good games today!

Justin Fields went off, getting the regular season record for run yards by a QB. The team is finally designing plays around him. If they continue to build around him, the Bears might start to see success similar to the Ravens and Eagles with similar QBs. Run based offense is the way to go for guys like that. Trying to go any other way is fitting a square peg into a round hole.

Did anyone watch the Patriots/Colts game? Sounds like an ugly one. Colts averaging 2.1 yards per play, Patriots with 3.7

Seattle game was fun, they are a really fun team to watch. It looks like Pete is building another Legion there. K9 is a great runner. Geno didn't have his best game, but came through in the end. Cardinals are kind of a mess

We saw vintage Brady for one drive... Well the Rams are so inept on offense, that's all they needed. Defense got wasted by the end and couldn't stop a thing. Brady is averaging 1.2 TDs per game.

Titans would have beat the Chiefs 100% if Tannehill was playing. Too bad. Still too early to say if Malik Willis is their guy or not.. Definitely not any time soon. Absolutely awful officiating in this game

Tomorrow is Raven vs Saints which should be fun. I hate watching games in NO.. Domes are so dull and ugly and boring. They have a good crowd though. Saints D is scary, and for whatever reason the Red Rocket always gives the Ravens trouble. Well not really when he was on the Bears, but almost
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2022, 02:40 PM   #2878

Colts fire Frank Reich, hire their old center who has no coaching experience at any level to be the tank commander for the rest of the season
Old 11-07-2022, 07:28 PM   #2879
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ interesting interim choice. No consideration of the legend himself ... Peyton Manning to be coach? Although no experience either, everyone knows that Peyton's football IQ is off the charts.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:56 PM   #2880

Peyton has to be the #1 choice by far as a more permanent solution next season. It's just a question of whether he wants to do it.. He's turned down high paying, high profile jobs several times
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #2881

If you thought there was any chance of Green Bay figuring their shit out, this should convince you otherwise

Old 11-08-2022, 03:30 PM   #2882

Interesting look, if you swap the results of single possession games, it gives you an idea of who is overachieving, and who is underachieving, at least in terms of W/L

This doesn't say "this is what the record should be" but the longer the jump, the closer to that number is what the results should be, if life was fair

Old 11-09-2022, 10:20 AM   #2883
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Shows you how much Oakland got fucked over this year.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:34 PM   #2884

And how Minnesota is basically the opposite of last year, where they're barely winning games instead of barely losing them. IMO they are less indicative of their record than either NJ team
Old 11-13-2022, 05:39 PM   #2885
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Minnesota and Buffalo

Better than most Super Bowl matches!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #2886

GB vs. Dallas .. Dallas should have won this easily leading 28-14 late into the 3rd. GB with some ballzy play, a TD on a 4th and 7 in the 3rd. A little too late for AR12, go home and enjoy time with your new gf.

Min vs. Buffalo ... wow, back and forth. Buffalo leading 27-10 at one point. That one Stefan Diggs catch ... catch of the year! But Allen making mistakes with bad interceptions at key moments. Minny playing gutsy! Well deserved win and Minny is impressive.

Would have wanted a Seattle win but ...

Miami ... impressed with their consistency.

And one late addition ... Jeff Saturday is 1-0 as a coach

Last edited by whitev70r; 11-13-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 05:58 AM   #2887
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
GB vs. Dallas .. Dallas should have won this easily leading 28-14 late into the 3rd. GB with some ballzy play, a TD on a 4th and 7 in the 3rd. A little too late for AR12, go home and enjoy time with your new gf.

Min vs. Buffalo ... wow, back and forth. Buffalo leading 27-10 at one point. That one Stefan Diggs catch ... catch of the year! But Allen making mistakes with bad interceptions at key moments. Minny playing gutsy! Well deserved win and Minny is impressive.

Would have wanted a Seattle win but ...

Miami ... impressed with their consistency.

And one late addition ... Jeff Saturday is 1-0 as a coach
The Diggs catch was really nice but it wasn't even catch of the game, Jefferson's catch was more impressive IMO because with one hand he ripped it away from the defender who had two hands on it, it also was on 4th down with game on the line.

That was the best Vikings game I've watched in a long time and I've watched every single game over the last 20+ years. The difference this year under O'Connell vs Zimmer is the team does not quit. They aren't the most talented team, they have some really good pieces but they never quit. They weren't supposed to win this game but they found a way.

I think Josh Allen is probably the most well rounded QB in the league with that Arm/scramble ability/size, I'm pretty sure that last pick was due to the injury he was playing through he was trying to hit the guy in the back of the endzone but the ball fell short.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2022, 06:59 AM   #2888

Fucking crazy day of football. I watched it all on Red Zone since there were no specific games I wanted to watch. That thing is so damn cool - even when you're watching a game it is awesome to switch to during commercials.

Bills/Vikings was insane. That catch by JJ is one of the best catches in history. Might even beat the OBJ catch since it was on 4th and what, 19? And a contested catch? Yeah.. best catch ever. Actually the fact that the DB was going for the ball is probably what allowed it to happen.

Can't really say anything about Josh Allen for losing a couple and the picks. The best QBs still make mistakes, sometimes timely ones that cost them. Ravens lost a couple because of bad plays by Lamar, Chiefs lost a couple due to some picks given up by Mahomes - even to the damn Colts. And now the Bills lost 2 in a row. That's how it goes sometimes.

You guys want to talk about a QBs though.. Allen is your guy for that. But I won't get into that

Seahawks both lines got absolutely bullied by TB's lines. That's all it really came down to. I have to assume it was just two position groups of the same team dealing with the travel way better than the other. Good comeback attempt but too late.

Nice to see the Browns lose, and they got dominated, but really need the Dolphins to lose some damn games. Talk about a well designed roster and great coaching. Browns are a good team but don't deserve to be, and it would be a travesty if they finished over .500 in any of the next 12 years.

Packers may have saved their season. Let's see

Awesome to see the Lions win - 2 in a row against division opponents! First road win in 2 seasons! Hutch is legit. Goff is managed well but clearly not The Guy. Bears sold out their defense at the trade deadline, and are paying for it. Sucks for the rest of the team, because Fields is finally coming into his own.

Jaguars are SO CLOSE to being a good team, and can beat any team on the right day if everything clicks all at once. They are finally on a path to becoming one, as long as they don't fuck it up and give up on Lawrence or Pederson. Etienne is special. SO CLOSE.

Rams are cooked. They went all in on a 3-5 season run, and stalled at 1. Will be interesting to see what happens if Donald and the coach retire after this season.

Raiders are cooked. Colts win LOL

I haven't even watched SNF yet! About to do that now!
Old 11-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #2889

Old 11-14-2022, 06:02 PM   #2890

Philly and Washington are having a game right now!

Commies defense are playing out of their damn minds
Old 11-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #2891
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Huge road win for the Commanders!

Heinicke played well tonight.

Double digit underdogs beat the Eagles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2022, 07:10 PM   #2892

Welp, this proves it. Carson Wentz is washed up ... most expensive backup QB.
Old 11-14-2022, 07:11 PM   #2893

Eagles no longer undefeated! Their offense was good actually, it was just the Commanders defense's night. And their O line

Seeing their fans melt down over one bad game, wow talk about a spoiled fan base
Old 11-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #2894

Good job Titans!

HUGE snow storm coming to Great Lakes area ... like history making kind!!
NFL moves Browns-Bills game to Detroit due to snowstorm
https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-bill...e-to-snowstorm
Old 11-17-2022, 08:55 PM   #2895

Would be weird if Rodgers goes out on a low note like this.. He is throwing behind guys and at their feet all the time, it's so wierd to see. Are they just completely incapable of running routes at all?

And their defense did a great job of stopping Henry (well kind of.. he had 87 but he can go 200 if you let him), but selling out to do that allowed Tannehill to pick them apart with dinks and dunks and the occasional bomb

Bills vs Browns in a dome, the Bills SHOULD have a higher chance of winning that vs in a storm where teams get evened out more. But they are giving away some games that they should be winning. Seems familiar...
Old 11-18-2022, 08:50 AM   #2896
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
The Titans are IMO a Superbowl contender. This team is dangerous.

You have the best RB in the league with Derrick Henry. A good QB in Tannehill.

The Titans have momentum with a record of 4-1 in their last five games.

Tannehill has the ability to make big plays as a QB. That laser of a throw to Hooper for a TD with two Packers defenders covering Hooper was impressive.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #2897
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
A lot of my fantasy team is on bye - who do I run as RB2?

Pacheco vs. Drake
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 03:54 PM   #2898

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
A lot of my fantasy team is on bye - who do I run as RB2?

Pacheco vs. Drake
Gus is expected to play, but not guaranteed.. I think Pacheco gets more carries than CEH regardless.. If Gus plays, Drake will be splitting with him, and will be out in the red zone.

I think Pacheco is a safer bet because even if Gus is out they are pretty even.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:45 PM   #2899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
The Titans are IMO a Superbowl contender. This team is dangerous.

You have the best RB in the league with Derrick Henry. A good QB in Tannehill.

The Titans have momentum with a record of 4-1 in their last five games.

Tannehill has the ability to make big plays as a QB. That laser of a throw to Hooper for a TD with two Packers defenders covering Hooper was impressive.
You're right and I admit I was totally wrong about them and Vrabel. He's a top 5 coach in the league getting a team that is so hit by injuries and losing AJ Brown getting all these wins.

Derrick Henry is 1 of 1 and like any good team, everything in the offense is designed around him
Old 11-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #2900

Hope you didn't start Drake