REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-09-2022, 04:04 AM   #2926
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Yeah imagine being that guy.. Raiders needed that win desperately, and he decided he needed to knock the ball out of the guy's hand after presumably winning the game already.

Absolute clown behavior.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #2927

They are finally going after guys for this.. Ironically this is the play where Brady wanted to go for it on 4th and long, the stoppaged allowed the coach to overrule Brady and go for the punt, which led to them winning the game! LOL

Old 12-11-2022, 12:25 PM   #2928

Texans almost pull off a huge upset, but Dak with a 98 yard drive in the end to take the win away from them

Lions beat the Vikings! It's been fun watching them

Jags beat the Titans! They've been fun too (except when they do it to my team)

Ravens D absolutely victimized Mitch Trubisky, who was in when Kenny Pickett hit his head on the turf on a tackle. 3 picks, blocked FG, stole the victory. They had to use their rookie free agents since Snoop also a hard shot to the head.

Neither of these guys "run safe" like the best running QBs, and watching Snoop it always feels like he is one play away from ending his career. Hopefully this won't be it
Old 12-11-2022, 06:32 PM   #2929
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
-also good to see Brock Purdy and the 49ers beat up a slow, average looking team in Brady and the Bucs.

Good Pats go! Big game against the Cardinals for Monday Night Football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2022, 08:31 PM   #2930

Yeah I skipped the afternoon games this week. Not going to watch the Broncos and Panthers, and I already got my fill of "Brady was a 49ers fan growing up!" just from the previews while watching the Ravens game. They showed him like 5 or 6 times in the 4th quarter. Just fucking go away Tom.

That being said I just watched a good Dolphins/Chargers game, and I am not spoiled so maybe I will watch the Seahawks after all.

I've seen Tua play 3 times and a bit this season, and it seems like every game I watch, he sucks, but the games I don't, he is The Next Big Thing.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:27 PM   #2931

Oh Geno
Old 12-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #2932

Big win for the Patriots! The defence came up big tonight! Six sacks for the Pats’ defence.

The coaches need to let Mac run the offence more than just throw screen passes and give the ball to running backs.

As for the Cardinals, a tough break for Kyler Murray. The initial report is a torn ACL for Murray. -bad injury from a non contact play.

Old 12-12-2022, 11:11 PM   #2933

Judon was always the most underrated Raven when he played. He didn't rack up sacks, but he caused a lot of disruption and with Martindale it was stunts and exotic blitzes that got home (so it was a lot of LBs and DBs making sacks). He sonned Derrick Henry in the second Titans playoff game.

I'm glad he's balling out like mad on another team. Just wish it wasn't in the AFC lol
Old 12-16-2022, 03:59 PM   #2934
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,056 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Is Brock Purdy the real deal? Looks like Jimmy G can leave in peace now ... and Trey Lance ... without doing a thing, just worked himself down the lineup.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:08 PM   #2935

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Is Brock Purdy the real deal? Looks like Jimmy G can leave in peace now ... and Trey Lance ... without doing a thing, just worked himself down the lineup.
I saw someone tweet that there are only 5 QBs that they'd take over "Kyle Shanahan with a competent QB". Basically if you're not at Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, Hurts level with special assets, if you play in his system, you only need to be as good as basically anyone else other than them. He could be doing this with Jimmy G, Purdy, Baker, anyone.

I guess it mostly comes down to a strong zone read run game that they can run play action off. I've heard it described as "the scheme does all the thinking for you". I don't know how true any of this is, but it's pretty obvious that anyone who came from the 2010's Mike Shanahan coaching system is highly successful and sought after these days. Rams, Packers, Bengals, Jets coaches all have roots there either through Kyle or his dad directly. And look at how successful they've all been in the past few years
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2022, 01:57 PM   #2936
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
What did I just watch? At the pub with my buddies since 10am enjoying coctails watching the Vikes and conceded that it's not our day. Second half shit starts happening and somehow we win this game after being down 33-0 at the half?

Insane

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #2937

I guess Matt Ryan has finally gotten past 28-3

I woke up at 5 to watch the Ravens game and caught the end of that game, like wtf is going on?

Kinda want to go back to sleep though tbh
Old 12-17-2022, 03:18 PM   #2938

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
What did I just watch? At the pub with my buddies since 10am enjoying coctails watching the Vikes and conceded that it's not our day. Second half shit starts happening and somehow we win this game after being down 33-0 at the half?

Insane
Oh sh*t ... when I read that, I had to watch the highlights ... !! Man, Saturday can't even win on Saturdays! I can't wait to watch the post-game interviews on this one.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #2939

Colts scored 33 points but had less than 150 yards of offense
Old 12-17-2022, 03:31 PM   #2940

Apparently, that was an NFL record ... 33 pt comeback. History.

Skinny ... must be painful to see Bal lose to Deshaun led Browns.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2022, 03:52 PM   #2941

Yeah sucks to lose to Cleveland but I always look for a split with each AFCN team and that's what they got. Snoop is only ever going to get you FG drives and MAYBE one TD, so the defense has to basically pitch a shutout. Even if they hit every FG and went for the chip shot on the first drive instead of going for it on 4th, they still would have lost 13-12

Still weird to see Tucker just miss a 48 yarder.

Just have to make sure to get into the playoffs and hope things start clicking in January. It's happened for many teams before, including this very one.
Old 12-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #2942

Buffalo game was on track to be a classic but it was a pretty lame ending on penalties and a short FG. Really was hoping for a crazy OT in the snow

Helps my team for Miami to lose though!
Old 12-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #2943

Matt Ryan on the losing end of another epic comeback. Who could forget the Pats and Falcons in 2017 SB!
Old 12-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #2944

The snow game between the Bills and Dolphins got interesting in terms of the in game adjustments because of the weather.

Josh Allen made his passes even more accurate on the fourth quarter with the snow. The NFL network analyst Mark Sanchez mentioned that Allen took some speed off his throws to make sure the ball hit the belly of his receivers. -give more margin for error in his throws such that if the ball slips from the receiver’s gloves because of the snow the gall would hit the ground.

-first time that I have seen an offensive line clean so much snow off the field so that the Bills kicker has good traction for a field goal.

Old 12-17-2022, 09:40 PM   #2945

I noticed that after Allen fumbled the ball twice in a row (once for a turnover) he really took the game into his own hands. He really wanted to be the hero, and ended up pulling it off - By like 1 cm before fumbling it again LOL

But he pulled it off, good for him! What we were talking about before with "good in a great system QBs".. Those guys can perform well regularly, but they won't be able to take over a game like we've seen Allen, Lamar, Mahomes, and so few others in the last few years.

I don't know if you include Hurts, Herbert, and Burrow in that group either.. They have made some amazing comebacks and plays, but single handledly take over a game in a pretty regular basis? Hard to think of too many more.
Old 12-18-2022, 03:06 PM   #2946
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
I’m screwed. All my guys did bad.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 04:12 PM   #2947

What the heck was the play calling from Belichick and the Pats?

Jakobi Meyers with the stupid lateral.

Cost the team the game. Brutal loss!

Old 12-18-2022, 06:05 PM   #2948

Oh man, just watched the Pats and Raiders game ... yah, wtf was that ending ??!!

Good job Cincy for taking care of business, you're alone on top of AFC North and revealed how sh*tty the Bucs are ... again. Is this the way you want to go out TB12?

Houston gave Chiefs a run for their money ... taking them to OT!

Dal vs. Jax game was good ... Jax is an exciting team to watch.

Det vs. NYJ - Detroit is putting it together, started out at 1-6 and now is 7-7 and fighting for one of the wildcard spot. What more can you ask for in turning things around.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:07 AM   #2949

WOW what a bunch of games today! Best weekend of the year!

Bucs were easily handling the Bungles, up 17-0 right before halftime. But my god what a meltdown! Just a total meltdown by the offense in every way possible. And believe me, I am very familiar with these How about that guy not knowing it was a fake punt? LOL. It's funny because every time the Ravens need Brady to win, he takes a rare loss. Whether it's in NE or TB (well not this year so much)

TB is probably still in a better situation there than the Patriots though.. That is a complete mess of an organization right now that has everyone talking. Players yelling at each other and arguing all the time, weird plays like not even blocking on a punt, and of course that lateral to the other team when the obvious play is to run the clock out for OT. BB is going to have to strip his coaching staff to the bone and start over. Or does he just retire and his son takes over?

Jags comeback was really fun to watch. I'm telling you, TLaw is legit! And Etienne is one of the best RBs out there today. Nobody is talking Etienne though because Trevor gets all the attention.

Lions too, although I feel bad for the Jets. They had the game pretty much won, but sold out to the run at 4th and inches, and left a TE wide open.

Just finished Giants/Commandos and the Commandos got jobbed SO HARD at the end there. A really sketchy formation penalty where the guy was barely off the line. He even did that "confirm with the ref" thing and the ref didn't react (and I don't think that ref called the penalty either). Then on the final play the Giants got away with really obvious DPI.

That game was STOLEN from them. I feel bad for the fans, but the owner still deserves every bit of bad karma though, so whatever. Sell the team

This was the play of the YEAR though.. I saw this live and was HOWLING with laughter. What a play

Old 12-19-2022, 05:01 AM   #2950

This kind of hurts to watch

"I pride myself on my attention to detail"

Dude got the thumbs up from a ref and still got called

They got robbed

Random fact: Giants were +175