REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-23-2023, 03:40 PM   #3376
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
All his current or former Coordinators failed to become a Good Coach.
Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Bill O'Brien, Joe Judge
Maybe the key is to be a former player, like Mike Vrabel?

Waiting to see which team Gronk coaches for
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 07:01 PM   #3377

This Vikings/49ers game is GREAT!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2023, 07:18 PM   #3378

Quasi! Vikings defeat the 49ers! Without needing a bunch of bullshit fouls! Purdy with some AWFUL picks when it mattered most.

That was one of the better games so far this season

And look at this schedule: Packers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Bears, Raiders... Then they get the Bungles which may be the first good team they face (or maybe not... Still only had one good game)..

Vikings are still very much alive! Only issue is the Lions have the same soft schedule.. So it will probably all come down to those two head to head games at the end of the season. WOW
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2023, 08:02 PM   #3379
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Quasi! Vikings defeat the 49ers! Without needing a bunch of bullshit fouls! Purdy with some AWFUL picks when it mattered most.

That was one of the better games so far this season

And look at this schedule: Packers, Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Bears, Raiders... Then they get the Bungles which may be the first good team they face (or maybe not... Still only had one good game)..

Vikings are still very much alive! Only issue is the Lions have the same soft schedule.. So it will probably all come down to those two head to head games at the end of the season. WOW

The O line played really good as did Cousins. This team has been competitive every game just way too man turnovers.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2023, 08:35 PM   #3380

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The O line played really good as did Cousins. This team has been competitive every game just way too man turnovers.
0 sacks on 45 dropbacks! 45!

And how about Addison coming alive to replace JJ?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2023, 06:24 AM   #3381

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
0 sacks on 45 dropbacks! 45!

And how about Addison coming alive to replace JJ?
Addison is sneaky good, he's built like my 17 year old son but he manages to get open. I got an Addison Jersey when I was in Minnesota last month, lol.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2023, 08:48 AM   #3382
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
-was talking to co worker, a huge fan of the 49ers, today about the loss to the Vikings.

He is super pissed at the 49ers defensive coordinator. Co worker says that the coordinator needs to be fired haha.

Full credit to Kirk Cousins and the offense though. They made huge plays such as Cousins' throw to Addison before half time. Addison ripping the ball away from Ward to avoid the pick. Wow.

Purdy with some bad reads that lead to interceptions. The NFL can humble teams quickly haha.
Old 10-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #3383

Thing about Purdy is he throws a few turnover-worthy plays every game.. More than a "great" QB does (he ranks 4th in the league), which of course is expected because he's been a rookie or second year. He just hasn't been punished for it, until the last 2 games all at once. So that makes it look like he's falling apart, where in reality he just got unlucky for the first few times.

The question is, will his luck return? Or will he improve to the point where it doesn't matter?
Old 10-24-2023, 02:42 PM   #3384

The dream is dead

Old 10-24-2023, 03:15 PM   #3385

Vikings/Cousins fans should see this! From my favourite football Youtube channel (I am on his Patreon as well, it's great way to get more football throughout the week and expand knowledge)

Also show it to your friend who thinks the 49ers need to fire their coach (why do fans always go straight to this after a loss? Coach isn't even the one on the field lol). 49ers defense is insane, they are almost never behind in the score. Kirk was just throwing great passes, and the scheme was on point.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2023, 06:30 PM   #3386

Here we go

This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2023, 05:10 PM   #3387
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
See what happens when Taylor Swift doesn't show up for a game. Ciara says, 'You're not the only diva in town!'
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:28 AM   #3388

Hate seeing Sean Payton win, but I need the Chiefs to lose some games, so

Miami, Baltimore, Jacksonville, KC, all tied for top of AFC at 6-2

Remaining strength of schedule (prior to this week) in order of hardest to easiest:

Old 10-30-2023, 04:16 AM   #3389

I watched the games through Red Zone today, here's my post for the week:

Cousins goes down with an achilles, ending his season, and probably his Vikings career. Sucks, because he could have brought them to the playoffs. I wonder if they'll trade for a decent backup like Jake Brisket or just go into sell mode

Will Levis with 4 TDs on his NFL debut LOL. What a fucking CANNON for an arm. Falcons were NOT ready for that. What sucks is this probably turns the Titoons away from being sellers, and some teams were talking to them about Henry and Nuk. They are in a shit division with shit opponents, so can get to the playoffs.

Jets/Giants was a slopfest with a 0.001% chance of the winner winning, so, good for the Jets. Staying in contention with an awful QB, and if Aaron can come back and play to full potential, they have a legit shot at the playoffs.

Jags should have beat the Stillers by 30, but weather was bad, stillers defense is good.. Sad for Kenny getting injured, hope he gets back soon.

Burrow is full Burrow again, which sucks. Dude is legitttttttttt. Damn

Said it last week, but it looks like Purdy is "regressing to the mean". I know that's a meme, but you can't expect everything to go your way forever. Even though he plays great, nothing bad has happened to him (non injury) until now. And the defense isn't making up for it either.

As for my Ravens, they took care of business against a team they were favored to beat (which means nothing, but it's good when it happens). Offense is still in development under Monken, and man, I really hope they make some moves tomorrow. Every big contender in AFC has not only a great QB (Mahomes, Hurts, Tua, Lawrence) but also top of the league receiver or rusher (#1 TE Kelce, #1 or #2 WR Brown, #1 or #2 WR Tyreek, #1/2 RB ETN). Ravens have the QB, but aside from TE (probably #2 TE, but he's no Kelce) they are severely lacking in talent. They have a good supporting cast at WR but no star. Flowers may be a star, but he's a rookie who makes rookie mistakes. OBJ was never going to be that guy, and he's just not working out. Agholor is playing better than could have been expected, but is still a WR2 at best on the best teams. JK going down just kills them - Gus is a great red zone and short yardage RB, but not the guy you want to run all game.

They really need to make a move... Talk to the Titoons and get Henry or Hopkins (sad that they signed OBJ when they could have gotten Hopkins for maybe the same price over 2 years - that's either a weird decision, or he didn't want to go there). Like I said though, they might not be willing to sell now after that insane game by Levis. Hopefully they're realistic about what happened and who they beat.

I'll be keeping my eye on the news all day tomorrow and the next day. I'm not sure who exactly is available, but either of those guys would be great. Imagine teams having to worry about Lamar and Derrick Henry? lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2023, 04:17 AM   #3390
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Terrible loss of Kirk Cousins in Minnesota, torn Achilles, they were just getting their rhythm and playing well. Last week, big win over 49'ers on MNF.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:50 AM   #3391

Pretty frustrated watching Kirk go down yesterday, they finally had turned the corner the Defence was gelling and was playing like a top 10 squad and the O-Line has come so far and then he's done.

So many Vikings fans are Kirk Cousins haters which I never understood, those guys are about to see what it looks like without him at the helm. Jalen Hall is probably not the guy, I think they sign a vet not currently playing but it's not looking good rest of the season.

Maybe someone like Matt Ryan, Colt McCoy, Wentz yuck......... lol I have no idea where they go from here.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2023, 09:08 AM   #3392
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
My fantasy team keeps getting hit by the injury bug. Poor Cousins
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:27 PM   #3393

Oh well.

If this is true, I guess I can't be mad at the owner for wanting to do right by the fans, even if it's not the best decision for the team itself.

If it's a GM decision... they must have got snowed by the Will Levis performance...
Old 10-30-2023, 03:20 PM   #3394

Looks like the Vikings are going after either Jake Brisket or Jameis Winston

Old 10-30-2023, 03:38 PM   #3395

Someone posted PFF linebacker rankings (paid service so glad when someone does this)

Old 10-30-2023, 07:24 PM   #3396

Davante HAS to be begging for a trade after that game... Davis has 15 hours to make it happen!

I don't think Adams would sit out or threaten them with it, but if they care about him as a person at all, they'd try to get a deal done tonight.

Jimmy G is awful awful awful
Old 10-30-2023, 07:27 PM   #3397
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Lions win their first game on Monday Night Football since 2014.

Gibbs ran the ball well.

The defence sacked Jimmy G six times haha.

Goff played well for most of the game except for the interceptions.

Luke Wilson of TSN mentions that the Lions need to clean up their turnovers.

Lions should have beat the Raiders by more than 12 points.

Wilson said that Lions need to improve on ball possession. Turnovers against higher calibre teams like Cowboys would mean a loss for the Lions. Gotta clean up the turnovers.

152 yards of rushing for Jahymir Gibbs.

A bye week is next for Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-30-2023 at 08:06 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 10:25 AM   #3398

Vikings traded for Dobbs from the Cardinals. I think he's played ok there but I know he fumbles a lot. He's smart so hopefully he can pick up the system and manage games.

Old 10-31-2023, 11:05 AM   #3399
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 41 Times in 16 Posts
OH, Come On
49ers again
Another Edge Rusher

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...se-young-49ers
Old 10-31-2023, 03:25 PM   #3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Vikings traded for Dobbs from the Cardinals. I think he's played ok there but I know he fumbles a lot. He's smart so hopefully he can pick up the system and manage games.
Dobbs will be a lot better behind the Vikings O line too

Crazy that the Commandos traded both Young and Sweat

Ravens tried to get Derrick Henry and Josh Jacobs, but those shit teams want to stay shit teams

Poor Davante too