REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-28-2023, 10:35 AM   #3551
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,185 Times in 1,970 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Russell Wilson is why you can't just go by fantasy stats, as I've seen people comparing this season to Mahommes current worst season of his career.

Wilson has been GARBAGE if you watch the games. Screen pass after screen pass, barely passing the line of scrimmage, only to get sacked on every 3rd down.

Awful to watch.
Advertisement
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 11:15 AM   #3552
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
yah but ...

I think what he means by that is no matter what happens, even if he gets cut/waived, he's got like $130M in the bank . Goes to show, you just have to have a good agent in negotiating.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2023, 12:10 PM   #3553

"God's got me"

Fuck off
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2023, 03:29 PM   #3554
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
They were going to bench him for NINE games instead of two, trying to get him to drop the injury guarantee in order to cut him after the season. But they won a bunch of those games so had to keep playing him. Clearly they were done with him from the very start of the season, which probably helps explain their bad start.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 07:28 PM   #3555

Exciting last 2 mins of tonight's game. I don't care what the score reads, in my mind, the Lions won. Goff was moving the ball efficiently. It looked like 68 checked in with ref on replay??!!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2023, 08:29 AM   #3556

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Exciting last 2 mins of tonight's game. I don't care what the score reads, in my mind, the Lions won. Goff was moving the ball efficiently. It looked like 68 checked in with ref on replay??!!
The Lions literally won. The refs fucked up and thought 70 reported when it was 68 that reported. (70 was lined up properly ineligible, and 68 was lined up properly eligible, covered by 14, forget what that knob on commentary said). He was at Tight End and it was an incredible play.

This was a monumental fuck up, and heads should roll (but they won't). I feel bad for the Lions, because this kind of thing always happened when they were bad, and now it's happening when they're good.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2023, 10:06 AM   #3557
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
As a long-time Broncos fan going back to the Elway/Shannon Sharpe era, this shit hurts... drafting QB after QB after QB to watch them fail time and time again and then trading what they traded for friggin Sean Payton nevermind Wilson himself??

I just don't understand how any business can make $200 millon dollar mistakes... a fuckin sticky note pad goes missing in my office and it's like nobody can leave until we find the culprit but these organizations can pull this shit? I mean everyone knew Wilson was a fuckin lost cause, did they think Pete Carroll suddenly went crazy when he basically got the Hawks to balk at him?

Insanity. Whole organizaton needs to be fired top to bottom management wise. The only reason thi debacle isn't worse than Cleveland is because Wilson isn't a perv. In fact, he's getting plenty of support in online forums by people who obviously haven't watched his brutal play. Yah, great TD:INT ratio but the constant fumbles and sacks it's painful to watch and what's he averaging? 200 yards a game? Ridiculous, especially when you effectively don't have a running game either. The only reason they have won even 1 game this year is their defence minus the Miami game has been borderline stellar.

Embarassed to be a fan.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2023, 10:20 AM   #3558

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
As a long-time Broncos fan going back to the Elway/Shannon Sharpe era, this shit hurts... drafting QB after QB after QB to watch them fail time and time again and then trading what they traded for friggin Sean Payton nevermind Wilson himself??

I just don't understand how any business can make $200 millon dollar mistakes... a fuckin sticky note pad goes missing in my office and it's like nobody can leave until we find the culprit but these organizations can pull this shit? I mean everyone knew Wilson was a fuckin lost cause, did they think Pete Carroll suddenly went crazy when he basically got the Hawks to balk at him?

Insanity. Whole organizaton needs to be fired top to bottom management wise. The only reason thi debacle isn't worse than Cleveland is because Wilson isn't a perv. In fact, he's getting plenty of support in online forums by people who obviously haven't watched his brutal play. Yah, great TD:INT ratio but the constant fumbles and sacks it's painful to watch and what's he averaging? 200 yards a game? Ridiculous, especially when you effectively don't have a running game either. The only reason they have won even 1 game this year is their defence minus the Miami game has been borderline stellar.

Embarassed to be a fan.
I don't see the GM sticking around after the season, unless they get another shot in order to build Payton the team he wants. If he gets that, they will be good again, don't worry.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:23 AM   #3559

Watching the Dolphins vs Ravens game, and I think the Ravens are a pretty decent team
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2023, 10:30 AM   #3560

Quote:

Embarassed to be a fan.
God damn, what company you working for where they track down missing notepads?
Old 12-31-2023, 10:31 AM   #3561

Ravens in the Superbowl. Lamar MVP.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2023, 10:37 AM   #3562

Can't sleep on the Dolphins offense though; some plays didn't go their way but they're still insanely explosive. They won their last game in a 21 point 4th quarter comeback last year

And without Hamilton this is a totally different defense. Losing Humphrey hurts too

Edit: We got the Jackson 5!
Old 12-31-2023, 11:52 AM   #3563

WOW the Eagles are cooked
Old 12-31-2023, 12:07 PM   #3564

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Watching the Dolphins vs Ravens game, and I think the Ravens are a pretty decent team
Stop being so humble.

If you have any direct communication with Harbaugh, I suggest Ravens treat next week as an exhibition game and don't risk any injuries. Play your starters for one quarter and sit them, let your 2nd string players get some game reps.

Last edited by whitev70r; 12-31-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:16 PM   #3565
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,611 Times in 1,757 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Seahawks lose to Steelers because of timely defence from the Steelers and terrible tackling from their own defence.

Pittsburgh outside linebackers force Geno to fumble the ball. Geno held on to the ball a bit too long on that drive in the fourth quarter.

Too many missed tackles from the Seahawks.

Steelers ran the ball down their throats. Kind of strange to see the Seahawks defence trash talk the Steelers offence in the first half given how bad their defence was playing. Missed tackles.

Pickins with the big catch in the fourth quarter for a big first down.

Seahawks are not eliminated from a playoff spot. They must win their last two games.

Huge game between the Packers and Vikings tonight because of the Seahawks loss. Must win game for either team or else say bye bye to a chance to make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2024, 05:41 AM   #3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Stop being so humble.

If you have any direct communication with Harbaugh, I suggest Ravens treat next week as an exhibition game and don't risk any injuries. Play your starters for one quarter and sit them, let your 2nd string players get some game reps.
I'm not going to be the cocky fan.. I am just happy my team is doing well, among all the doubts and anti hype. I know any team can win any game - even the shit team can beat the good team under the right circumstances - even in the playoffs. That's what makes NFL so crazy and fun.

So it's just been fun to watch this season, as the new offensive system has been developing since week 1, you could see the adjustments being made every week. They usually start with a bunch of long bombs, sometimes connecting sometimes not, and adjust from there. Either run it, try perimeter passes, or dink and dunk with slants and short routes. And throw in some bombs here and there. Add to all that Lamar's ability to create plays running or passing, it's just.. This is the kind of offense I really like!

And don't get me started on the defense! The line, edge, and middle are just insane. DBs are a weakness, especially with so many going down, but all teams have weaknesses.

I think they'll probably play the starters for at least a half and go from there. 2019 they sat everyone, and along with their top 2 weapons being hurt, they came out kind of cold. Lamar has played kind of tight to start big games, especially on the road, so that's a concern. He did vs the 49ers, but locked in after about a quarter. Today's game was np.

I don't know if you guys know about the "not quarterbacky enough to be MVP" comment on Fox Sports, but after that kind of comment, this game was extra extra enjoyable. I don't care that much about MVP, but it's just another thing people talk about, trying to bring down people I admire for... whatever reasons... "not quarterbacky enough" to be MVP, so he goes and drops a 50 burger on one of the most hyped teams and finishes the game with more touchdowns than incomplete passes (only Manning and Brady have done this before). Love to see it
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2024, 10:56 AM   #3567

Told you Lamar would ball out.

MVP all day.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2024, 08:06 PM   #3568

After watching the end of the Lions game again, I am more reluctant to blame the refs.

They had 70 report eligible all game long. This time it was 68, but 70 ran to the ref basically pretending to report. This is an old Belichick move.

The refs still got it wrong, but it was the Lions trying to be tricky, and didn't pull it off. They wanted to trick the Cowboys, but they actually tricked the refs lol. When 70 was announced as eligible, the Lions should have corrected him. It was loud though (which is how this trick is supposed to work)
Old 01-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #3569
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,611 Times in 1,757 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
I'll post this info. here because there is no NCAA sports thread on RS.

Will anyone watch the championship game between No. 2 Washington Huskies vs. No. 1 Michigan Wolverines?

January 8th. Good offence from the Huskies against the good defence of Michigan.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:40 PM   #3570

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I'll post this info. here because there is no NCAA sports thread on RS.

Will anyone watch the championship game between No. 2 Washington Huskies vs. No. 1 Michigan Wolverines?

January 8th. Good offence from the Huskies against the good defence of Michigan.
Yes I'll be watching; I watched both playoff games yesterday. I've watched college ball throughout the last few years, but I find it hard to really get into because so often the matchups are lop sided, and it's not great ball. Upsets are really fun when they happen though!

I usually follow Oregon (admittedly a lot for their ever changing uniforms lol) and Louisville (Lamar's school, and that's how I got into Malik Cunningham who I still can't believe is a Raven now)

But the playoffs are always insane like yesterday lol

I kind of like the Huskies because they're our defacto home team, but I also have to cheer on the Wolverines so we can get both Harbaughs as champions this season!
Old 01-02-2024, 06:10 PM   #3571

This kind of burns the Lions. Good to see more information out there

Lions tried to trick the Dallas defense, but got too cute and tricked the refs too lol

Still the refs fault, but trying to get too cute can cause fuckups

https://officiating.nflext.com/NFL/O...sition_3mb.mp4

There's no footage here of 68 reporting though. I'd like to see what that looked like, and how the refs responded to him

Edit: NM you can see 68 reporting here as 70 does his trickem dickem run towards the ref

It really looks like the ref intentionally ignores him though. If I was going to play conspiracy, it looks to me like he knew this play was coming (Coach would have told him exactly what they were going to do with 70 running to him while 68 reported), and wanted to fuck them over. That's pure tinfoil though

Old 01-02-2024, 07:11 PM   #3572

Old 01-03-2024, 05:57 AM   #3573

Yeah he runs towards the refs to trick Dallas into thinking he was reporting, but never actually did the hands down chest signal to report eligible. But the ref "went along with it" because he knew they were going to run this trickem dickem play. Either unwittingly, or more likely because he's a cunt, he called him eligible. But right before that 68 (about 1 second before that overhead tweet video starts) reported properly and the ref "wasn't looking" at him.

I think it's a combination of the ref being a cunt, Lions being too tricky for their own good, and refs sucking in general.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2024, 09:05 AM   #3574
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Well they can suck on the sidelines all playoffs... no extra pay for those goofs lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 03:30 PM   #3575

Quote:
Well they can suck on the sidelines all playoffs... no extra pay for those goofs lol
This crew is officiating Ravens/Steelers

Ravens don't really bring in extra linemen though, since they have a 300 lbs Fullback lol