REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-11-2024, 09:18 PM   #3776
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,264 Times in 2,045 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
What do you think might have changed the course of history for tonight?
1. If SF made the PAT in the 4thQ instead of missing it. That would make it 20-16 in the dying minutes, forcing KC to go for 7 on that last drive in regulation or lose, instead KC got the FG for a tie?

2. In OT, instead of going for 3 pt FG, try to win it and go for a TD. If successful, game over. If SF doesn't get the TD, then SF defends to stay in the game (which they didn't anyhow) or lose by a KC score.
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 09:56 PM   #3777
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,165 Times in 8,366 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
Still buzzing about this game

Bills, Ravens, 49ers all had the Chiefs within grasp. But their defense did enough to hold on, and then Mahomes was just Mahomes. Him coming out with 2 minutes left, reminded me of when Brady would do it. You just knew they were going to at least tie it. If they needed the TD? They probably would have played slightly differently to get that instead. It just felt inevitable.

Same as OT... 49ers needed to score a TD, or it felt pretty much inevitable that it would at least be another tie, or more likely a touchdown.

And he is doing this with complete nobodies on the perimeter. Except Kelce of course. That makes it even more impressive.

Mahomes is going to ruin expectations for fans of other teams even more than Brady did.

Here's a complete list of all the QBs drafted in the 2010's and 2020's with a Super Bowl ring (so 14 years):

Russell Wilson
Patrick Mahomes
Patrick Mahomes
Patrick Mahomes

Can't wait to see the all 22 review of this game
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 01:29 AM   #3778

BTW this was fucking awful

Old 02-12-2024, 05:46 AM   #3779
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,752 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
1. If SF made the PAT in the 4thQ instead of missing it. That would make it 20-16 in the dying minutes, forcing KC to go for 7 on that last drive in regulation or lose, instead KC got the FG for a tie?

2. In OT, instead of going for 3 pt FG, try to win it and go for a TD. If successful, game over. If SF doesn't get the TD, then SF defends to stay in the game (which they didn't anyhow) or lose by a KC score.

Honestly, it is neither of these scenarios.

Special teams errors from the Niners and big plays from the Chiefs special teams won the Super Bowl for KC.

1. The glaring error was the Niners fumble on the kickoff return. No communication between the two Niners players. If the player receiving the ball saw that there was a chance the ball would hit his team mate and cause the ball to hit awkwardly in the field, then he should yell out “move, move!!”.

What happened instead was the ball hit the player’s shoe bounce awkwardly in front of the kick returner. That fumble lead to the Chiefs scoring their first TD.

2. Chiefs special teams blocked the PAT. Was the kicker at fault for kicking the ball too low? I am not sure. The CBS analyst Romo mentioned that the Chiefs special teams are very good at batting down balls. Huge play for the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2024, 06:02 AM   #3780
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,266 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Don't both teams get a chance in OT even if SF got a touchdown KC would still have gotten the ball.

I'm confused why SF chose to recieve the ball first what's the advantage to that in OT?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:27 AM   #3781

You may be right ... they changed the OT rule so both teams get the ball no matter what. So in that case, I see now why people are saying that if you win coin toss in OT, you should kick it to other team first.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...20would%20win.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:43 AM   #3782

Quote:

Coach Shanahan could have gambled on fourth down and go for the TD in overtime. I would have made that gutsy call. Heck, if it was the Detroit coach Dan Campbell, you know that coach would have made a call run a play on fourth down haha.

Shanahan used a trick play during the game that lead to a TD. He called a play to have Purdy throw to one of his wide receivers, Jennings. Jennings threw the ball to McCaffrey.

Why not use a trick play on fourth down in overtime? Use a trick play to confuse the Chiefs defence.

As an armchair coach, I would have used a trick play where the kicker faked the field goal, Purdy takes the ball and throws it to Jennings. Jennings throws it to McCaffrey or an open wide receiver to get the first down. An alternate trick play would be to have the kicker fake the field goal, and Purdy throws the ball to an open wide receiver to get a first down or ask Purdy to run the ball.

-would have been a very gutsy play call to use a trick play on fourth down in OT and fake the field goal. Chiefs offence is so good. The Niners also lost Greenlaw during the game because of a torn achilles injury. Greenlaw provided the Niners defence with a pass rushing threat. He did not play in overtime.

Niners defence got weaker as a result of that injury. Would you trust in the Niners defence to stop Mahomes in OT with Greenlaw out with an injury?

I am not sure about that. In fact, Shanahan called a timeout during OT when he saw that his defensive coordinator Wilks put a defensive scheme with five defensive players in the backfield. Shanahan had doubts about Wilks defensive scheme in OT. Therefore, he asked Wilks to call another defensive scheme instead during that time out.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-12-2024 at 08:53 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 10:10 AM   #3783
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,096 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
That blocked extra point kick ended up being huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:59 AM   #3784

Thanked 5,160 Times in 1,954 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
What a great game, close the entire way. You couldn't ask for a better Superbowl.

Usher killed that half-time show too, the whole bar was going off, finally sunk in that we're the old heads now
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:41 PM   #3785

^ agree with the first half of your comment but Usher was meh ....
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2024, 02:21 PM   #3786

Since it was such a close game, people are going to scrutinize Shanahan's decisions for months. I'll wait for the all-22, because it's literally impossible to draw conclusions on what the broadcast shows.

But I would question the decision of going to a trick play before giving Purdy a chance to do it... I don't think it ruined their game, but maybe save that for when you really need it? Like OT maybe?

Moody was one of the low key question marks going into the game. A rookie kicker, while he was 100% on extra points, he'd missed a few field goals here and there that he normally would have made in lower pressure situations. This time he kicks the ball low, making it easier to block (yes this is a thing, go watch the Ravens comeback vs Colts in 2022 to see this.. Calais was in that guy's head lol. They fired their kicker shortly after that game) and that makes it much easier for the Chiefs to complete the comeback. His mental will be tested all offseason.

Compare that to Bengals rookie kicker Evan McPherson, who, along with the defense, was the main reason the Bengals made it to the Super Bowl in 2022. Joe Burrow actually played really poorly in that run, and then they ran into a weird Chiefs meltdown in the championship game. But it was McPhearless who led them to the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile the 49ers walked away from Robbie Gould, who was old but never showed any signs of play falling off before he was not re-signed, and then quietly retired this offseason. I wonder if there is more to that story?
Old 02-12-2024, 02:27 PM   #3787

Quote:
^ agree with the first half of your comment but Usher was meh ....
Remember when the Halftime show used to try to have at least one crazy stunt, or huge surprise guest performer every year? Now it's just... Here's Usher, here's him doing a version of his live show. How do we make this special? Oh I know, let's put him on roller skates.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 03:16 PM   #3788

Haters.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 03:20 PM   #3789

If you were in a packed bar with a bunch of boomers I'm sure it was a great time!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 03:31 PM   #3790

The Official *NFL* thread

I agree that Usher killed that half time show. He had talented guests performing with him too.

Alicia Keys. Will.i.am. Ludacris, Lil Jon and the guitarist H.E.R.

Did not expect Usher and his dance crew to wear roller skates during part of the show. Pretty creative.

Yeah!!

https://youtu.be/7hYbrdC_-s8?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-12-2024 at 03:37 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2024, 04:12 PM   #3791

I will say that 2022 SB halftime show rocked with:
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Mary J. Blige
Kendrick Lama

2023 with Rihanna ... I fell asleep.

2020 with Shakira and J.Lo ... another homerun.

Let's see if the above will win some kudos back from mikey ...

Last edited by whitev70r; 02-12-2024 at 04:21 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-13-2024, 06:18 AM   #3792
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,096 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Dre’s halftime show was legendary and set the bar for me. There’s a good documentary on it as well called The Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2024, 07:41 AM   #3793

mikey doesn't quite know good black artists from bad ones ... ... whereas we white people do.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2024, 10:28 AM   #3794

I thought the Usher show was better than Dre's, and I'm a fan of all of them.

Fat 50 Cent almost passing out while hanging upside down was the most memorable piece of that one.

I didn't like the setup to Dre's, the whole street and houses you could only see from one side, meh.

If you're a fan of the artistry of it all, I don't know how you can't see Usher's performance being one of the best in a long time. The man is in his 40's and spent 15 minutes straight dancing with full choreography, while singing LIVE.

None of the artists you mentioned can do that, not one of them, that takes real talent.

He's a born performer.

Man I hate how people are such critics nowadays, fat fingers Freddy sitting on the couch critiquing something he could never do in his wildest dreams.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 11:26 AM   #3795

Yeah, Usher had a really good half time show performance.

His duet with Alicia Keys was awesome.

I think that most people know that when duets involve Usher, he can be touchy feely with the female artists hahaa.

People making comments that Alicia's husband Swiss Beatz would get jealous and want to kick Usher's ass because Usher kept touching Alicia during their duet songs hahha. What controversy???
Old 02-14-2024, 12:10 PM   #3796

Quote:
Man I hate how people are such critics nowadays, fat fingers Freddy sitting on the couch critiquing something he could never do in his wildest dreams.
My fingers are quite slim ... for the record.

Bro, smoke a doobie and relax. The very essence of music, performers, and artists is that some people like, some people don't like. Why be so triggered by lil old me's opinion. I still like you though ... regardless.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 12:44 PM   #3797
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 41 Times in 16 Posts
Go f--king FIRE yourself 3times SB Loser Shanahan

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lks-one-season
Old 02-14-2024, 01:04 PM   #3798

Oh boy, the teams that hired their DC already are going, 'Damn ...if only we waited'. Somebody has to take the fall, I guess. I agree, Shanny .. fire yourself. It wasn't the DC's fault.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:45 PM   #3799

Did not see that coming! Although I think they said Shanny was overriding some defensive play calls?

Edit:

And the Chiefs extend Spags. God dammit I'd fear him almost as much as Mahomes when having to play the Chiefs
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 01:55 PM   #3800

Speaking of crazy, there was apparently a shooter at the Super Bowl parade in KC.. Reddit has a video of the (alleged) shooter getting tackled

Edit: 22 shot, 1 dead