REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #2001
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If you think addicts do what they do because they "like" it, I don't think you know any addicts.

BTW his brother died last month apparently. Pretty obvious way to trigger a relapse.

Feel really bad for the guy, but yeah I don't know if he'll be given yet another chance. If the drug in question is just weed though, they really should just allow it. I think they will after the next CBA.
Trust me on this one, I know addicts very well. They leave a wake of damage and hurt with no care about anyone else only feeding that addiction. I could go into details if you like but my sister would have been 40 years old on November 22nd but instead she's dead with one kid that misses her everyday and another that was so young he'll never know his mother and two parents who two years later are still grieving everyday.

Saying all that I understand it's a sickness but given the opportunities and talents he had making excuses for him is silly. At the end of the day we're all responsible for our actions.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 12-18-2019 at 08:35 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #2002
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Trust me on this one, I know addicts very well. They leave a wake of damage and hurt with no care about anyone else only feeding that addiction. I could go into details if you like but my sister would have been 40 years old on November 22nd but instead she's dead with one kid that misses her everyday and another that was so young he'll never know his mother and two parents who two years later are still grieving everyday.

Saying all that I understand it's a sickness but given the opportunities and talents he had making excuses for him is silly. At the end of the day we're all responsible for our actions.
So you've dealt with it.. just saying maybe think about your wording a bit. I don't think she "liked" what she was doing very much. I grew up with a family of addicts, myself included, and believe me none of us "like" what we did/do.

No idea what this guy's actual problems are, so I guess we can't say much. Not to compare substances, but I don't even know what a hardcore weed addict would be like in terms of destructiveness. Seems to me that he'd only really be harming himself, which I guess is why he continues to get support and more chances. If he was into pills it might be different.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #2003

Anyway, football is still awesome

Also lots of information about Tom Coughlin came out this week, and he got shitcanned. He was fining players for the smallest things (like sitting on the bench) and he made up like 25% of all player grievances to the NFLPA. What a cunt!
Old 12-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #2004
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
C'mon Buffalo ... you can do this!

Oh well ... good try Bills.

Last edited by whitev70r; 12-21-2019 at 03:40 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #2005

This came 1 minute after their first TD (both under 2 mins remaining in the first half)

Not bad for a running back
Old 12-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #2006

Who's ready for the return of Beast Mode?

https://www.tsn.ca/report-seattle-se...nion-1.1417482
Old 12-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Who's ready for the return of Beast Mode?

https://www.tsn.ca/report-seattle-se...nion-1.1417482
Here's to hoping this happens, he's so way past his prime. Totally serious question considering he hasn't been doing much of late, can he pass a drug test?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 12-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #2008

Really hope Lynch is in shape and we get the return of BEAST MODE

Because if not...
Old 12-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #2009
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
I'm going to the Seahawks game on Sunday! Shaping up to be a great one! Really excited about it.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I'm going to the Seahawks game on Sunday! Shaping up to be a great one! Really excited about it.
That should be a really good game, enjoy yourself.

Old 12-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Game of the Year in terms of importance. And you get to see Beast Mode

Lucky bastard!
Old 12-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #2012
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
I’m in Mexico for Christmas this year but back home in time to rock my new shirt for Sunday’s game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #2013
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Sunday's game of the 49ers vs. Seahawks is gonna be a very interesting game to watch. Seattle is coming off a loss. They will get an emotional lift with Beast Mode playing in the game.

Richard Sherman's return to Seattle is also something to look foward on Sunday. The biggest question is whether Marshawn will play at a level close to what we have seen him play in his career with SEA.

I don't think Lynch is washed up. He will show some signs of rust in his game after being away from the NFL for so long. 1505 games since his last game with Seattle. Can he come back to play at a high level? Seahawks' injuries at running back are so bad now. They need Beast Mode to play at an elite level again.

I am cheering for Seattle on Sunday. One of my co-workers is a huge fan of the 49ers. He hates Seattle because he hates Russell Wilson and coach Carroll. -says that Pete Carroll's gum chewing reminds him of a cow.

He calls the Seahawks "sea chickens'.

If Seattle beats the 49ers on Sunday, I can troll him at work in the new year.

Marshawn has not changed one bit in terms of his interactions with the media:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lynch .jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:03 PM   #2014

I get not liking Pete as a fan of their rival, but how can you hate on Russell Wilson
Old 12-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #2015

Quote:
I get not liking Pete as a fan of their rival, but how can you hate on Russell Wilson
I agree, I really dislike Pete Carrol and I'm never going to root for the Seahawks but Russell Wilson is amazing to watch from a fans perspective.

I'm not a Lynch fan at all either, the way he treats the media is ridiculous considering the amount of money the NFL has made him over his career. Most players don't like talking to the media but they sack up and act professional not like a pubescent man child. Imagine if every player in the NFL treated the media like he does? We'd get some real insight from the player interviews.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #2016

Haha ... you are so right, we get the Belichek of playa when it comes to pressers!

Old 12-27-2019, 07:36 PM   #2017

No, say it isn't so ... please don't do the Faustian bargain.

Saints work out embattled WR Brown

https://www.tsn.ca/new-orleans-saint...rown-1.1418676
Old 12-27-2019, 09:18 PM   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
No, say it isn't so ... please don't do the Faustian bargain.

Saints work out embattled WR Brown

https://www.tsn.ca/new-orleans-saint...rown-1.1418676
They can sign him but he won't be playing anytime soon. He'll most likely be suspended once the NFL finishes their investigation no telling how many games. Why any team would want this guy on their roster is a mystery to me, he's like that spec of shit in a tub of ice cream ruins the entire tub or in this case team. I kind of hope they do sign him, Peyton is a piece of shit so they might be a good fit together. but more likely than not he'll torch that locker room from the inside out.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:34 PM   #2019
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
What a game between the Seahawks and 49ers!

It is too bad that Seattle had that delay of game penalty. It would have been an easy TD run for Marshawn from the 49ers 1 yard line.

-still unfinished business for Beast Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 08:35 PM   #2020

^ yes ... classic finish ... game of inches!

Although Seattle is wildcard, their 1st game at Philly should be a piece of cake.

Tomorrow is black Monday ... already one HC fell, Cleveland.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:37 AM   #2021

Imagine what an ending that would have been had Marshawn won it for them. Damn! They should have run something anyway instead of spiking it as well.

That no call on the PI was bullshit, and no review was even more bullshit. They kind of got robbed on that

Seahawks came out so flat in the first half, despite all the hype all week. Much better offense in the second but 49ers were pretty much scoring at will on them. That late hit penalty was kind of a fluky gift and it would have been so "Seahawks at Home" for them to win based on that, but the no PI call was way worse and basically decided the game.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:39 AM   #2022

As disappointing as the Seahawks loss was, at least we have the Patriots losing to the Dolphins, and missing out on the bye
Old 12-30-2019, 02:51 AM   #2023

Jameis Winston with the league's first 30 TD, 30 pick season

Bucs have been kind of one of the more fun teams to watch this year. I wonder where he'll end up, because wherever that is, I'm following him lol
Old 12-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #2024

Quote:
Jameis Winston with the league's first 30 TD, 30 pick season

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1211395643618447361

Bucs have been kind of one of the more fun teams to watch this year. I wonder where he'll end up, because wherever that is, I'm following him lol
If I was going to sign him Id pay him his 30 he wants but only on the condition he loses 1 million per interception. Obviously im half joking but seriosly he makes way to nany dumb decisions I would not want him on my team. I mean Favre was a gunslinger difference is he found ways to win most times despite the turn overs. So many games for the Bucs have ended on a Winston pick.

Last edited by quasi; 01-02-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:17 AM   #2025

If Ben doesn't come back, a team like the Steelers would be a good fit for him. Their D can make up for two interceptions a game easily lol

Or Chargers? Another team with good defense, and Rivers will most likely be gone. Or Bears.