REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
TReO - Port Mann Bridge tolling service

Everyone here should go to TReO and register their vehicles for tolling before February 28, 2013. All drivers will get a low introductory toll of $1.50 a crossing until February 28, 2013 but will go up to $3.00 a crossing afterwards, but registered vehicles will have the toll locked in until December 30, 2013. Also, by registering, you will have a $30 credit so your first 20 crossings will be free (or less, if you don't use all your credits by December 2013).

Motorcycles will cross at $1 a crossing with the introductory rate and $1.50 with the normal rate.

For contractors, consultants, etc. who need to use the bridge often, they can get an unlimited crossings for $75/mo introductory, $150/mo afterwards. Motorcycles are $50/mo introductory, $75/mo afterwards.

To clarify, you have to register by November 30, 2012 to receive the $30 free toll credits.

[thanks to DKaz from bcmazda3 for the heads up]
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 11-29-2013 at 03:17 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 105 Posts
Site Maintenance

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The registration and account sections of our site are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance and upgrades, but will return shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Failed 571 Times in 114 Posts
or, I can go all the way around to the Patullo, like everyone else will, and cause massive congestion in new west.

or I can just cover my lisence plate with my hand when I cross with my bike
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

If you guys want to be keener 604-516-TREO (604-516-8736) takes about 5mins to setup.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #5

Failed 227 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
or, I can go all the way around to the Patullo, like everyone else will, and cause massive congestion in new west.

i accidently left my sweater hanging out the trunk covering the licsence plate. Didnt notice my front plate was stolen. sorry officer.
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
The site is up again.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,779 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 61 Posts
thx for the heads up

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 13 Times in 1 Post
Thanks, easy 2 minutes
Posted via RS Mobile
ApePee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,380 Times in 479 Posts
Failed 51 Times in 26 Posts
signed up... how do i know that i got the credit??

account balance:
$0.00
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Failed 1,578 Times in 359 Posts
those prices are
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:

If I had to commute along the Fraser each day, it would probably cost me more in gas than my costs in tolls. Plus, my time is worth way more than $1.50.

But on the other hand, I don't believe in paying my fair share of taxes because this country is full of idiots. If everyone were as healthy and smart as me, then we wouldn't have to resort to paying additional fees for infrastructure. Therefore, I oppose paying tolls on principle.

Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
signed up. how do i know i have the $30 credit?

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 182 Times in 61 Posts
Fucking government, the 49 cents in taxes we pay on every litre of gas should be paying for infrastructure, not their fucking pensions and golden handshakes.

Let's name it the Gordon M. Campbell bridge, so we can curse the mother fucker every time we cross it.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 41 Posts
Am I the only one having issues registering ?

I've tried opening the page with chrome/internet explorer and they both don't work.

I tried registering multiple times today and that page seems to pop up every time.

Thanks

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 09-13-2012 at 09:03 PM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 93 Times in 31 Posts
^I opened it with firefox before and after your post. No problem at all. Try again later?
Would the windshield decal get in the way of a blackvue?
Spoiler!
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 5 Times in 4 Posts
it worked for me earlier today.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #17

Failed 22 Times in 3 Posts
fender elimination kit
Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #18

it doesnt matter how much the toll costs, it could be 50 cents, people will still go all the way around, when building new bridges with tolls, traffic just gets shifted from one area to the other.

its principal, I will never go on a bridge with a toll, if I do, I will cover my plate or get a motorized flipper or something.

I also havent spent a penny on gas in BC for the last year, I always fill up in bellingham and bring jerries back, im not gonna pay an extra 50 cents a litre for random taxes and for skytrain / bridge infrastructure im never going to use, principal.

fuck BC's retarded taxes on everything, fuck liberals
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,433 Times in 562 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
it doesnt matter how much the toll costs, it could be 50 cents, people will still go all the way around, when building new bridges with tolls, traffic just gets shifted from one area to the other.

its principal, I will never go on a bridge with a toll, if I do, I will cover my plate or get a motorized flipper or something.

I also havent spent a penny on gas in BC for the last year, I always fill up in bellingham and bring jerries back, im not gonna pay an extra 50 cents a litre for random taxes and for skytrain / bridge infrastructure im never going to use, principal.

Taxation is not limited to one party. It is a fact of life. You know what they say, only 2 things are certain in life. Its especially true in a country like Canada where human rights and social programs are so heavily supported. Unfortunately, healthcare, welfare, and support for the poor/old/feeble/handicapped does not come free.

If you want to blame the liberals for "taxation". Try looking at the income tax rates under the previous BCNDP regime compared to the current structure.

I don't know about others, but I myself would much rather have lower INCOME tax (something I cannot escape/control). As opposed to lower CONSUMPTION taxes (like gas taxes, bridge tolls, green taxes, which I can shift my lifestyle around to avoid/minimize).
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #20

Quote:

BC's taxes aren't even all that bad. The only thing which is squeezing everyone is the cost of housing relative to salaries. What's keeping you here anyway? The weather sucks, the economy sucks, housing is through the roof and in your opinion, the taxes are too high.

The next time you're at a hospital because some asshole rear-ended you, I hope you take the time to appreciate my tax dollars at work.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #21
I'm invisible

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
I guess the sticker is only good for one plated vehicle only? If I needed to use another car, I would have to pay full price?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
BC's taxes aren't even all that bad. The only thing which is squeezing everyone is the cost of housing relative to salaries. What's keeping you here anyway? The weather sucks, the economy sucks, housing is through the roof and in your opinion, the taxes are too high.

The next time you're at a hospital because some asshole rear-ended you, I hope you take the time to appreciate my tax dollars at work.
Posted via RS Mobile
im staying here because I have an amazing job,

which your tax dollars also pay for.

and if someone ever rear ends me, I will be debt free, more of your tax/icbc dollars into my pocket.

I do all my shopping and gassing in the states.

So im essentially leaching everything good out of BC, and giving nothing in return, why the hell would I leave? I have it sweet, as long as bellingham costco doesnt shut down anyway.

if things were more affordable here and everythign wasnt taxed by 50%, id actually invest back into our local economy, but for now, this place aint gettin nothin outa me except my income tax and property tax, until things change.

Dont toll bridges, stop building skytrains to places where the population cant sustain the cost, thus making fuel prices, insurance and transit fair through the roof, then try and fix the problem through hst and carbon tax, ect ect..

its a vicious cycle of taxation because they keep making bad decisions, thus I remove myself from the equation and spend every dollar I have down south,

do you enjoy cutting your paycheck in half from all the taxes? only to have them toll more bridges and soon to be tolling the highways, shits getting insane here, fast.

how can you say taxes arent bad here? they are the worst in canada, maybe aside from ontario.

soon your going to have to pay 10 bucks in tolls each day just to get to work,

10 bucks a day in tolls, 200 bucks a month just to get to your job, then get taxed another ~25% on your income, and also pay 12% tax on anything you buy. dont forget the 50% surcharge tax you pay on fuel, to get to work, oh and 250 a month on property tax.

Wont be surprised if the BC population plumments severely in the next 10/15 years, its just not feesable, and the way the current system of taxation is going, it wont be sustainable when the middle class all move out.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #23

^ So, after all your grandstanding, all you are is a sucker of the public teat? Congratulations for biting the hand that feeds you.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
I guess the sticker is only good for one plated vehicle only? If I needed to use another car, I would have to pay full price?
You can get another sticker for the other car. No limit on how many stickers. You just need to be the registered owner of the cars when registering.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 105 Posts
Finally got around to signing up for it. Does anyone know if you "add an vehicle" to the same account, will you get another 20 trips free? Or is it only 20 trips free per account, and better to register 2nd, 3rd vehicles under another account?

TReO

Truly Ripping everyone Off
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: