REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-26-2023, 09:13 AM   #25876
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
3.5M and not even an enclosed garage? Pfffttt

All joking aside, the house does look nice but it also looks like it's rotting away, literally.
Advertisement

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:45 PM   #25877
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,887 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
No thanks, if I had $3.5 I won't waste it on that. One fallen tree and house is done, can you imagine how many bugs, spiders you will have.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:56 PM   #25878
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Ooops yes but I actually meant the other place!!

Changed my link quote...

It is narrow but in person it isn't as bad as the picture indicates.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:33 PM   #25879
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
I've started looking at home ownership in other provinces. Weather doesn't bother me, so $350,000 for a nice 3-4 floor home in a town / city with lower cost of living is becoming more appealing.

Not hard committing yet but after living in Vancouver for as long as I have, the appeal of it is becoming lost on me. I still love it here, no doubt (the food scene is sweetjesus.png) but I don't exactly view it as Eden
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:58 PM   #25880

^^same here, it's just the fact that you can throw $500k on an actual livable family home and be pretty much debt free is VERY APPEALING. Vs what? a $1.7m duplex here with a million dollar mortgage @ $5310 a month @4.9% over 30 years, that's assuming you have $700k cash money's down.

The view of the crack heads and hooker's outside isn't worth $5000 a month.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2023, 03:06 PM   #25881
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Had no idea there were crackheads and hookers in front of every single home in the GVRD, that's new.

I think as you get older though, it becomes more reasonable to move to somewhere like, say, Calgary because you realize you're just staying home and doing less party party eaty eaty drinky drinky stuff.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:15 PM   #25882
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Speaking of Calgary... the fuck is happening inside this house???????

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...algary-tuscany

68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:23 PM   #25883
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
^thanks for making my at work. That listing looks so normal at first then all that junk just hits you out of nowhere lol
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:26 PM   #25884

Actually maybe you can get a deal cuz of this, offer $400 cash
Old 04-26-2023, 04:50 PM   #25885
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
No joke, I’d say close to 10% of people live similar to that in my experience
Old 04-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #25886
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,249 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Lol there's a picture of a bathroom and the toilet has a sign on it that says "Do not use"

Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #25887

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The most fucked up shit is that if you're 50, you live like that and you're a multi millionaire on paper in Vancouver, even though you are living like trash, yet clean, hardworking people in their 20s and early 30s can't find places to live and have a net worth of pennies.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-26-2023, 07:25 PM   #25888

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Speaking of Calgary... the fuck is happening inside this house???????
Typical Guangdong household ? !?!?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:46 PM   #25889
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Failed 53 Times in 21 Posts
Photographer got hired to go in and take photos of junk hahaha
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:47 PM   #25890

^^ nah impossibiru, no red Chinese calender, no Chinese scrolls or painting, no rice cooker and no alter. Nothing is still wrapped in plastic wrap.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:49 PM   #25891
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Was the place being used as a rental?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 04:06 AM   #25892

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I've started looking at home ownership in other provinces. Weather doesn't bother me, so $350,000 for a nice 3-4 floor home in a town / city with lower cost of living is becoming more appealing.

Not hard committing yet but after living in Vancouver for as long as I have, the appeal of it is becoming lost on me. I still love it here, no doubt (the food scene is sweetjesus.png) but I don't exactly view it as Eden
The wife and I have considered this and it's still on the table. My son graduates in 2024, depending where he goes to University we're going to reevaluate after graduation.

We could move to Calgary buy a similar house and a townhouse, mortgage free on both and the Company I work for has an office there. The main thing holding me back is weather, I can't stand snow.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2023, 05:10 AM   #25893

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ nah impossibiru, no red Chinese calender, no Chinese scrolls or painting, no rice cooker and no alter. Nothing is still wrapped in plastic wrap.
You’re right. Only potential hint is that yellow vermicelli bag. But this dude loves his friggin eggs eh ? So many damn egg cartons. What a typical TLC hoarder.

Nice 20 bottles of kitty litter downstairs too.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:44 AM   #25894
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
An eye opening experience for me was when there was a power surge in a condo I used to live in, so I helped some of the older residents out by resetting their breakers (overnight security guy was clueless). Late 90's building so lots of older HK couples/widowers.

Sooooo many hoarders. Like way more than I'd expected. Luckily most of these were "clean" hoarders but still. Literally apartments where there's a little path between the stove, fridge, couch, and table, and everything else is piled boxes/junk/suitcases. I remember thinking how much of a fire hazard it was...
Old 04-27-2023, 05:49 AM   #25895

I’m telling ya, it’s something to do with Guangdong people. I don’t know what it is, or what the reasoning behind it is, but if you speak Cantonese the chance of hoarding shoots up exponentially. I married one, and she has symptoms of this shit. It takes a lot of yelling and forcibly throwing shit out on my part to make sure she doesn’t turn our house into the picture above.

There’s anxiety about losing stuff for her. I guess when she was just a tiny spy balloon, she got shit taken away from her and since then she developed this angst about throwing away “potentially” useful garbage. But in reality it’s garbage.

Me being me, I don’t give a shit and just throw it out in front of her while laughing maniacally
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2023, 05:54 AM   #25896
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I’m telling ya, it’s something to do with Guangdong people. I don’t know what it is, or what the reasoning behind it is, but if you speak Cantonese the chance of hoarding shoots up exponentially. I married one, and she has symptoms of this shit. It takes a lot of yelling and forcibly throwing shit out on my part to make sure she doesn’t turn our house into the picture above.

There’s anxiety about losing stuff for her. I guess when she was just a tiny spy balloon, she got shit taken away from her and since then she developed this angst about throwing away “potentially” useful garbage. But in reality it’s garbage.

Me being me, I don’t give a shit and just throw it out in front of her while laughing maniacally
Lol you just described my mom and dad. My dad would turn the house into the above if my mom didn't keep him in line. When he actually agrees to throw something out it takes like 3-5 stages where it moves into the basement, then the garage, then the shed, then finally the trash because he's worried that it might be useful in the future.
Old 04-27-2023, 06:01 AM   #25897
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
So working as a tech for 6 years or so, it’s the most bizarre job because all you do is go into strangers homes all day long. There is no other job where you do the volume of homes as a telecom tech.

I’d say the most surprising part of it was the vast majority (75%+) of people are pretty normal, I figured it would have been less but I also worked mainly in Vancouver/Burnaby.

As Badhobz mentioned above, the majority of the hoarders are older Asian people. Many of them with shit piled literally everywhere and it’s mostly fire hazard shit, paper, boxes etc. I’d say less than 25% of the badddd hoarders are white people but when they were white people it was typically worse than the Asian people because it was just ducking filthy

I told people straight up, I can’t do work here because it’s too dirty and left. Never heard anything from it because I think they are too embarrassed to call back in etc. so their shit just continues to not work and they live with it.

It’s such a disgusting mentality of “oh this is worth somthing” or “I may need this later” so that you pile shit to the ceiling just in case lol
Old 04-27-2023, 06:02 AM   #25898

Growing up all my buddies were either Italian or from Hong Kong / Guangdong and like 6 out of 10 of the Guangdong homes were hoarded to shit. While 10 out of 10 Italian homes were covered in plastic and so damn clean you can eat off the floor.

Too bad all my Italian broskis all moved to North Burnaby and out of the Commerical area.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2023, 06:35 AM   #25899
Old School RS

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,229 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
The most fucked up shit is that if you're 50, you live like that and you're a multi millionaire on paper in Vancouver, even though you are living like trash, yet clean, hardworking people in their 20s and early 30s can't find places to live and have a net worth of pennies.
Literally every single post you make is something butthurt about the inequality of wealth distribution, generally in Vancouver.

First, it is completely mathematically obvious to expect people in their 50s to have a net worth significantly higher than their 20s or 30s. Later in life you are further in your career, generally have less drag on your cashflow (ie kids), and have been building equity and wealth for longer.

Second, bitching and moaning about how rich people are rich and poor people are poor is the biggest waste of time I can imagine. It is not easy for young people to get started these days, that is obvious, but it's also not impossible.

I think I remember you being a chef, and if that's the case, that's a cool career to express creativity, take satisfaction in creating happiness for people who visit your restaurant, and achieving technical proficiency in the art of cooking. But I don't think you were lied to going in that it would be a highly lucrative career. and if you chose that anyways because you love to be a chef, that's great, but then stop bitching about how it doesn't pay as much as being a finance bro.

You have choices along with everybody else. There ARE ways for young people to earn a very reasonable living that don't require going to an Ivy League school and networking with daddy's buddies from Harvard to get started. And if you do that and are married to a woman who does the same, there is a path to buying real estate and living a comfortable life, even in the GVRD.

-Mark (didn't come from family wealth, doesn't live in the British Properties)
Old 04-27-2023, 07:40 AM   #25900
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
here in surrey its so common for people to have 1.3m houses that have tarp on their roofs cause the owners cant afford any maintenance whatsoever. property taxes are like 3-4k and those owners bought 25 years ago for 150k but have zero cashflow. that means half the houses under 1.5m here are so poorly maintained it's ridiculous.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote