REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #26151
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Sheesh meeting you at the track, covered in brake dust, was not the best impression eh

See you at ridge Sunday?

Edit: RE related question / on topic to current topic: If you own a place, do you think your gf/bf should be paying you rent? In my opinion, it's pretty black and white. If you were both renting and moved in together to save costs - you would still be renting and you would split 50/50. Why does it change if one partner owns it?
To not have to pay out when you break up lol.
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2023, 02:25 PM   #26152
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
costs - you would still be renting and you would split 50/50. Why does it change if one partner owns it?
Because guys fold like a wet napkin for pussy

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 02:27 PM   #26153
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Sheesh meeting you at the track, covered in brake dust, was not the best impression eh

See you at ridge Sunday?

Edit: RE related question / on topic to current topic: If you own a place, do you think your gf/bf should be paying you rent? In my opinion, it's pretty black and white. If you were both renting and moved in together to save costs - you would still be renting and you would split 50/50. Why does it change if one partner owns it?
To protect yourself, I think the prudent thing to do is sign a rental agreement and get them to pay rent, otherwise they will be considered common law after 18months? (I don't know the exact time frame)

A girl I know was living with her BF (now husband) for over two years and she never paid rent. He never asked her and she would just help out with groceries once and awhile. They ended up getting married, so I guess it doesn't matter, but if they didn't get married... Damn!
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #26154
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
The girls that I hang out (majority born here) with are 24 to 31 and are all "great" earners. 80% of them make over $60K, with 50% hovering between $60-90K, and maybe 20% of them making over $90 - 130K.
Are any of these lady friends of yours hot, easy, and looking for a sugar daddy? Asking for a friend.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 02:33 PM   #26155
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
I always get confused if its you with the ex-wife and selling the house / not selling the house, and now has a GF or is it Acura604 lol
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 02:44 PM   #26156
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
So i was saying this to Bic Baws on Wednesday evening; my industry is full of these corporate women who literally got their stilettoes in the door by the virtue of them being a woman.

Transportation in general is very much an old boys club and there are numerous diversity requirements that allow these under qualified, drop dead gorgeous, but utterly useless women to net high paying jobs. I mean the lowest paying person in the ports is like 80k+ so these women are all pulling 100k+ to basically sit around and chit chat.

Talk about entitlement. I cant say anything or do anything without somebody raising offense about it not being "political correct" or not "inclusive" enough. Would be 100% worse if I was white. Being the token Chinese man they leave me well enough alone cuz I just pretend i dont speak English or call them a racist. EASY PEASY JAPANESEY.

I hate corporate whores. Thats why i love my tiny spy balloon so much. SHE DOESNT DO SHIT. all she does is just spend my money and bust my chops. I LOVE IT. She doesnt cook, she doesnt clean, she just sits around and eats bon bon's all day and complain about inane shit. its so refreshing!
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-19-2023, 02:50 PM   #26157

Lol in the ports I wouldn’t Call a woman who got in by virtue of being a woman entitlement

I’d call the 60 year old Italian guy with a 42 inch gut the entitled one. No offence but the ports and the people that work there are pretty low on the societal ladder. People who have very little skill or education but make a bunch of money based on seniority and who you know. That’s entitlement imo

If you couldn’t leave your roll there and get a job -anywhere- else for even remotely the same money, those are some red flags

I used to be of a similar mind where I was against the “token” hire for the sake of diversity. But then one day a couple women who are infinitely smarter than I am literally took me to school on this topic.

By hiring diversity into your company, whether it be token or not, you are essentially expanding your pool of potential candidates going forward. So yea, that woman pushing a shovel might be useless now, but maybe the fact you have women among these groups will draw that one top notch engineer you wouldn’t have got otherwise. Long term these hires matter.

Places like the ports are like the real estate industry though, time for an overhaul.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:54 PM   #26158

that my friend is unionization. Yes, that's entitlement for sure, but im not with the union, im the guy running their shit and actually facilitating the flow of trade and goods into our gateways.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 03:05 PM   #26159

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Speaking of longshoremen I just started at 502 a few months ago as a side job since I already have a full time job and it's slow as fuck there anyways. It's almost a slap in the face that I went to school for 4 years to get my trade and I'd make the same if not more money working there full time to do a quarter of the work lol.

That being said I'd totally leave my trade to do it full time cause why the fuck not lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:08 PM   #26160

People think longshoremen get a easy ride, but im telling you its not. You gotta show up at the union hall everyday for 10+ years before you can hold a steady job. Seniority is everything and its a very very slow moving rank.

Most "casuals" all have side gigs they work. Just getting a longshoremen ticket doesnt equate into big bucks. It'll take years and years before they can hold steady. Thats why most of the longshoremen give their sons/daughters their application at 18. Because it'll literally be when they are almost 30 that they can hold steady jobs everyday.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:13 PM   #26161

Yea it’s pretty shit from the people I know but those people are willing to endure the shit because they have very little else going on

Unions are irrelevant these days, get rid of them. Was in a union for the past 7 years and it was wayyy worse than I had even imagined and coming in I hated unions. Now I’m in a union again and while it’s a much better one I still feel yucky about it lol
Old 05-19-2023, 03:14 PM   #26162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
People think longshoremen get a easy ride, but im telling you its not. You gotta show up at the union hall everyday for 10+ years before you can hold a steady job. Seniority is everything and its a very very slow moving rank.

Most "casuals" all have side gigs they work. Just getting a longshoremen ticket doesnt equate into big bucks. It'll take years and years before they can hold steady.
Yeah it's honestly a job for kids out of highschool that can live at home in their 20s and then make good money when they close in on their 30s. It's a ridiculous setup to have to drive to a hall every time you want to work and you'll most likely get barely anything for years.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:26 PM   #26163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Unions are irrelevant these days, get rid of them. Was in a union for the past 7 years and it was wayyy worse than I had even imagined and coming in I hated unions. Now I’m in a union again and while it’s a much better one I still feel yucky about it lol
On the trade side of things I've seen what it's like at non union places and it's pretty ugly if you care about your own personal safety at all. It's fucking criminal the shit they try and pull and how little they give a shit about their employees wellbeing.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 03:28 PM   #26164

Worked in construction as a general contractor for 10 years, never got that feeling once.

Maybe in industrial/high rise etc. but most of those seem to be union now anyways
Old 05-19-2023, 03:38 PM   #26165

Never did construction so I guess it's trade specific but I wouldn't say unions are totally useless. If the grass was so much greener you wouldn't be in one twice in a row lol
Old 05-19-2023, 03:48 PM   #26166

I’d blow somebody if it meant I could get 2 months of vacation a year lol
Old 05-19-2023, 04:12 PM   #26167
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
To not have to pay out when you break up lol.
Does anyone actually have a deep understanding / Paid for advice in regards to cohabitation together after 2 years. Aka common law under family law in B.C.?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:17 PM   #26168
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Are any of these lady friends of yours hot, easy, and looking for a sugar daddy? Asking for a friend.
I know 2 or 3 in that space, the girl invited me to the older dudes HOUSE for a bbq and there was a bunch of 18 - 21 year olds and 38 - 45 year olds. Talked to one dude who was dating this younger attractive Vietnamese girls for 3 years. Easily 15 year age gap. She comes up to me and asks if I am in first year uni as well.

Hot and easy don't come together. It's either mid and easy or hot and better got a 911 in your 3+ car garage.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 05:10 PM   #26169
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Hot and easy don't come together. It's either mid and easy or hot and better got a 911 in your 3+ car garage.
So that's exactly why supafamous needs to get his BGTS sooner rather than later~!

Quote:
If I were in a situation like that, I would not want to charge the bf/gf any rent, but instead, I'd expect the non-owner to cover a good bunch of the daily living costs. Paying for groceries, dinners, etc. In this particular case, I'd say the financial arrangements should work out this way because the homeowner already owns the home.

For common law couples, I'm reasonably sure the common law spouse is entitled to a cut of the assets after cohabiting for 2 years. But the division of assets isn't a straight up 50% split, esp for properties. Using myself as an example, when me and my wife got married, I have already purchased an apartment. (Let's say it was worth $400k at the time when we got married.) If I am understanding things correctly, if the property is worth $600k by the time my wife and I divorce, then she'd only be entitled to split the $200k difference in capital gain, meaning that she'll get $100k from the property. But if we sold our $600k property while we were still married, used the money to buy a $1M house, and divorced when the property is worth $2M, then the split would be a lot more complicated, and she'd likely be entitled to something a lot closer a $1M split instead.

Note to self -- don't divorce the wifey. It'll be too much of a PITA lol~
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 05:11 PM   #26170

HEY so does that mean i can get a hot ass woman to blow me?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 05:32 PM   #26171
Old School RS

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,229 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone actually have a deep understanding / Paid for advice in regards to cohabitation together after 2 years. Aka common law under family law in B.C.?
If you need that quality of advice, you should go pay for it. It's an extremely complex area of law and not nearly as cut and dry as most parts of law - it's super dangerous to assume even quality, paid-for advice about somebody else's situation will apply to yours.

If you and your partner are not equally contributing to the downpayment, monthly costs, and planning to split it exactly down the middle on breakup, you'd be insane to not get some professional help.

A few hundred bucks for a consultation will basically cover every question you have short of actually drafting anything. It could be the difference of tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars later on. I know a family lawyer I can refer you to if you need somewhere to start, she isn't cheap, but she is good.

-Mark
Old 05-19-2023, 08:22 PM   #26172
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:

But holy fuck, listening to them shit on dudes making $70 - 90K and how they make the same as them and they don't need no mans anymore. We're really entering a new generation of dating where both men and women are equals in earnings. So not only do we gotta be 6'4, we gotta make more, spend more, and be funny
The first rule of dating is to be attractive.

But yes, lots of older successful woman do stay single and become cat/dog owners because there aren't enough high achieving and high status men to go around. This explains why we need more housing - we will continue to see people not forming households with others and instead, opt to remain single for the long term.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2023, 11:05 PM   #26173
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_driver View Post
anyone noticing prices for detached homes and some areas for apartments going absolutely nuts last few weeks?
Back to RE talk. In my Coquitlam hood, a regular-sized lot went for ~1.7m at peak (Mar 2022). The market bottomed in Jan/Feb 2023 when a similar lot sod for 1.46m. 4 months later, that lot is now worth 1.65m.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2023, 06:40 AM   #26174
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
On the trade side of things I've seen what it's like at non union places and it's pretty ugly if you care about your own personal safety at all. It's fucking criminal the shit they try and pull and how little they give a shit about their employees wellbeing.
Not my experience, the company I work for is pretty safety oriented. The overall job safety is also macro managed by the GC so even if you wanted to try and be shady you'd get tossed off site.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 06:53 AM   #26175

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Not my experience, the company I work for is pretty safety oriented. The overall job safety is also macro managed by the GC so even if you wanted to try and be shady you'd get tossed off site.
What line of work is that?