REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-13-2023, 08:59 AM   #26526
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,887 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
Cactus club all day everyday yo.

Yes, at around $350k $1.7m mortgage should be do able, even more if you add in rent, whether you want to pay $9400 a month for mortgage is your choice.
Advertisement
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:23 AM   #26527

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
LOL

I am paying 9k for 1mil

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:25 AM   #26528
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I noticed a lot of high income earners don't get good value with their purchase.

They'll go to whistler but pay like $600 - 1,000/night for accommodation, pay $2,200-3,500 for fancier daycare before incentives, $2,000/mo for eating out daily, $250-350/mo insurance per car with high deductibles.
$2000 a month for a family of 3 is groceries if you want to eat vegetables and meat instead of cup of noodles and canned beans.
We need to pay extra for the "fancy daycare" or one of us wouldn't be able to work, because it's only the expensive ones that are open longer than 8-5. We also took the only daycare that got back to us after trying to register for 15 because they are all too full. Things aren't working for people here, as much as many think that there are ways around it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:27 AM   #26529
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
its that little cutey V thats eating up all your money.

GET RID OF HER! lease takeover west!!!

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:36 AM   #26530

She's saving me some money at least because I don't have time to go out for 10 beers anymore, so there's an offset at least. Still a net loss though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #26531

This leads to the topic of kids, did you plan for them? A lot of people I know are popping them out these last few years, I have never heard of any resources about how to plan to raise one.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:41 AM   #26532

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
She's saving me some money at least because I don't have time to go out for 10 beers anymore, so there's an offset at least. Still a net loss though.
ohhh but shes too cute and precious to lease takeover.

IF i were to have a kid, id only want a daughter. she'll by the apple of daddy's eye.

ANYONE TOUCHES HER, ILL FUCKING STAB YOU IN THE THROAT.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:43 AM   #26533
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Growing up in East Van, it was all about the Cantos. Hell, when I was a kid, I thought Mandarin was just a type of orange
Yep, it wasn't till the late 90's when I was in my mid-20s that I realized that Mandarin existed and was the dominant Chinese language. I basically had never heard it through my childhood living in Richmond and East Van. Not it's everywhere and where people used to just assume I spoke Cantonese they now default to English in most places cause they never know which dialect you speak (or none at all).

Slightly off topic - does anyone have their minds slightly blown when you encounter a non-Chinese cashier at T&T? Like how does the brown guy communicate with his customers?
Old 06-13-2023, 09:45 AM   #26534

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
This leads to the topic of kids, did you plan for them? A lot of people I know are popping them out these last few years, I have never heard of any resources about how to plan to raise one.
well im a uncle now. my brother in law just popped out his little hellspawn.

I dont think those idiots financially planned for that kid cuz they had to scramble to buy that murano SUV once they finally realized that a inline 4 mustang isnt the best family vehicle.

They also strapped on a huge mortgage dildo and bought a townhouse in richmond now after realizing their apartment was too small.

Suffice to say, i got a feeling they might come barking up the family tree once the "pressures" become too much. YOU AINT GETTING SHIT OUTTA ME YOU LITTLE TURD.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:46 AM   #26535

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Slightly off topic - does anyone have their minds slightly blown when you encounter a non-Chinese cashier at T&T? Like how does the brown guy communicate with his customers?
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE... where!? where is this phenomenon!? i need to go gawk.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:56 AM   #26536
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE... where!? where is this phenomenon!? i need to go gawk.
Kingsway/Victoria T&T has a tall brown guy working the till. I think Metrotown might have one too. Heck, I even find it a bit weird when I go into the Metrotown PriceSmart and encounter a white cashier - I thought the whites all went to Superstore instead.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:58 AM   #26537

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Bah, that whole "have a kid need big SUV or minivan" thing is overrated IMO.

We got through the first 3-4years with just the Speed 3 and the Sonoma just fine. We only ended up buying the fullsize truck because of plans to get the travel trailer.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 10:00 AM   #26538
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post

I remember the first time I saw this guy on one of my mom's dramas. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Mind blown watching this brown guy speak fluent Cantonese.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2023, 10:08 AM   #26539
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
I noticed a lot of high income earners don't get good value with their purchase.

They'll go to whistler but pay like $600 - 1,000/night for accommodation, pay $2,200-3,500 for fancier daycare before incentives, $2,000/mo for eating out daily, $250-350/mo insurance per car with high deductibles.
My partner and I were talking about this the one day. We have friends, professional higher-income (probably $400-450K/each in billings) DINKs. We were chatting one evening and they told us their monthly CC bill is $15-20K, which their income can support... but later that night we were trying to figure out where that all went?

Both drive non-luxury albeit new cars (Accord and CR-V). Their house was probably $1.5-1.8M when they bought it, pre-COVID, and their mortgage isn't on their CC anyways. They don't take a ridiculous number of vacations. They aren't kitted out in lux/designer clothing/products.

Then we went on a weekend trip with them and it clicked. They paid $40 for 6 butter tarts at a "cute" bakery on the tourist strip. For the hotel, they just called up the Marriott and took whatever rate offered on the phone. Rental car: they paid for the upgrade to an SUV without taking advantages of discounts or free upgrades for joining the loyalty program. Didn't think twice about parking for the day in the most convenient lot for $48 instead of parking 1-2 blocks away. While we were there, they talked about buying tickets to a concert that were resales via StubHub for $$$ markup.

It's fine, we don't judge them for it - they can afford it, and maybe the convenience is worth it more than the $$$ saved. But it suddenly made sense where all the money was going.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:10 AM   #26540

Sooooo when that Indian guy speaks English does he have a Chinese accent or an Indian accent ?!??!?!? Holy shit…
Old 06-13-2023, 10:12 AM   #26541
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
i've gotten by with a mid-size (honda accord) when my kids were little, and i had a side by side double stroller (just have to make sure it fits the trunk)

and some tetris/coordination with grocery shopping.
once you're past stroller - it gets much easier.

i only got a forester last couple years for comfort with road trips.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:15 AM   #26542

If we aren't doing long trips we can get by in the m3. We just did a trip to edmonton in the Jetta wagon and had enough room for our 45# dog to have her bed in the back. The giant SUV thing for a family is funny.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2023, 10:20 AM   #26543
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I love the Caucasian dude at PriceSmart, although I usually see him manning the self checkout kiosks. He is very much on the ball if any of the customers need help at the kiosks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Heck, I even find it a bit weird when I go into the Metrotown PriceSmart and encounter a white cashier - I thought the whites all went to Superstore instead.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:38 AM   #26544

in terms of cars, ive told him as soon as his wife got pregnant that he should've looked into something with 4 doors. If he did, we would have had enough time for us to secure him a rav4 or a NX or highlander/venza. I have good relationship with toyota lexus dealer so im sure i would be able to wrangle him something better than a stinking murano for 55k

I mean yeah you can make it work with a 2 door car.. but why?

i saw west stuffing little V into the back seat of that E36 and there's no way i could have done that. The gymnastics alone in accomplishing that feat needs to be awarded.
I should have filmed it and then send it to V later on when she's in her bitchy teenager years. SEE WHAT YOUR POOR DADDY HAD TO DO!!!!
Old 06-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #26545
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I know a DINK couple who is quite similar in a lot of ways, but from the chats that we've had, I know where they are coming from.

The person I know better is a professional who has quite a busy work schedule. In the past, he would easily be attending different conferences all over the world 2 - 3 times a month. As he has mentioned to me before, sometimes he wouldn't even have time to file all the business trip expenses. And he views his gourmet treats, fine dining experiences, and concerts as breaks and recreation time away from work, cuz if he wasn't forcing himself to make time to do those things, he would probably end up spending that time on work again.

His partner is a senior executive that has to spend at least a week each moth visiting satellite sites.

They are modest, low key, and good people, and I guess they have bigger fishes to catch than to score those 95 Airmiles from filling up at Shell a certain number of times each month, or to buy that $10 bento box from the local Chinese takeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
Then we went on a weekend trip with them and it clicked. They paid $40 for 6 butter tarts at a "cute" bakery on the tourist strip. For the hotel, they just called up the Marriott and took whatever rate offered on the phone. Rental car: they paid for the upgrade to an SUV without taking advantages of discounts or free upgrades for joining the loyalty program. Didn't think twice about parking for the day in the most convenient lot for $48 instead of parking 1-2 blocks away. While we were there, they talked about buying tickets to a concert that were resales via StubHub for $$$ markup.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:01 AM   #26546
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
$2000 a month for a family of 3 is groceries if you want to eat vegetables and meat instead of cup of noodles and canned beans.
We need to pay extra for the "fancy daycare" or one of us wouldn't be able to work, because it's only the expensive ones that are open longer than 8-5. We also took the only daycare that got back to us after trying to register for 15 because they are all too full. Things aren't working for people here, as much as many think that there are ways around it.
I thought you're talking about $2,000/month a person lol. A LOTTTTTTT of my friends eat out around $40 - 60 a day year round, but $0 grocery bills. So around $15 - 22K a year before the splurges on weekends. I guess that's why the new built in cabinet condo fridges fit a 24 pack of seltzer and a pack of eggs. No one makes food in downtown anymore.

$2,000 for 3 and eating healthy and tasty meals is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
My partner and I were talking about this the one day. We have friends, professional higher-income (probably $400-450K/each in billings) DINKs. We were chatting one evening and they told us their monthly CC bill is $15-20K, which their income can support... but later that night we were trying to figure out where that all went?
Last week I helped a friend do some pro bono financial planning because he wanted to buy a place vs rent in a few years but was in CC debt. He's making $140K at Big Tech before stock options & bonuses. So $100K after taxes or $8.3K monthly.

His monthly expenses were
- $2,400 Rent Downtown (Reasonable with parking, $3,000 + now)
- $1,850 UberEats for daily $25 Lunch, $30 Dinner and $5 coffee & snacks
- $600 Dating expenses paying for 2 people $150 Dinner, Activity + Drinks 1x a week.
- $800 for event tickets, music festivals, clubbing & alcohol, nose lattes, hosting parties, bday dinners
- $900 for insurance, gas, tire and brakes
- $1,000 for a used C400 car loan
- $800 for 1 oversea trip, skii trips, golf trips, long weekend trips

$8,350 a month spent. In order to pay for sporting equipment, misc expenses, haircuts, utilities, it's funded via cc + selling stock options.

End result was that expenses weren't worth being cut cause you're only young once and you can always make more money.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 06-13-2023 at 11:17 AM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:04 AM   #26547

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVSJBIvIlAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoNZDm2rt8c

I remember the first time I saw this guy on one of my mom's dramas. I couldn't stop laughing for some reason. Mind blown watching this brown guy speak fluent Cantonese.
Can't be posting about Qbobo without the token white dude from the same era.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hfs5a2E-9hk

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:08 AM   #26548

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
lol speaking of grocery bills and T&T, they had pork shoulder for $1.98 an lb. Except it was a giant unbutchered one.

Cut down half, made mojo pork, enough for maybe 1.5 weeks worth of lunch. Looking forward to having me some fuckin cubano sandwiches this weekend.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 06-13-2023 at 11:19 AM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 11:15 AM   #26549

Quote:
I thought you're talking about $2,000/month a person lol. A LOTTTTTTT of my friends eat out around $40 - 60 a day year round, but $0 grocery bills. So around $15 - 22K a year before the splurges on weekends. I guess that's why the new built in cabinet condo fridges fit a 24 pack of seltzer and a pack of eggs. No one makes food in downtown anymore.

$2,000 for 3 and eating healthy and tasty meals is amazing.
Ugh that’s us right now. I don’t think I’ve cooked a meal in months. Averaging 60-80 bucks a day for the two of us.
Speaking of which. This is lunch today. Probably not gonna live very long eating like this
Old 06-13-2023, 11:18 AM   #26550

But big baller hobz.

Yea that's why insta pot filled for bankruptcy, everyone too busy to cook and just Uber eats.