REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:17 AM   #28051
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Sounds like Badhobz got finessed out of a 2carat cartier ring...

She probably gave it to her boyfriend.
On topic of questionable family relations and since this is the derail thread:

My dad always gifts me wine
I don't drink wine
I gift my mom the wine

My dad and mom are divorced
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 08:57 AM   #28052
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Darkass plot twist, he poisons the wine knowing you will give it to your mom
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 09:51 AM   #28053
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
nah she likes to hide things (just in case the house gets broken in) so its one of those things where she hide it so well that we never ended up finding it again.

Typical guangdong hoarder bullshit. Im telling ya, you southern chinese people have a major fucking problem with hoarding. Could be because the commies come in to take your shit
Starvation culture. Same reason why Cantonese will eat anything with 4 legs that's not a table.

Strange though since all the major historical famines happen in Northern China in more arid climates. Maybe Southerners saw that shit too often and said nuh uh ain't gonna happen to me.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 10:43 AM   #28054
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Could very well be… Also the food is way better in the south. People are like let’s go eat shanghainese food. I’m like fuck you go die. My food is garbage compared to the stuff you guys make down south.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #28055
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
Also same thing with a lot of Viet people cuz they swam here with nothing but water on their backs and all the wars. They just spend while they still can cuz you never know when the gov is gonna take it. But then the cad gov does take all they can with taxes.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 10:54 AM   #28056
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
thats probably cuz they have more sense! young-er asian women are quite materialistic damnit. a 2-3carat is like what 60-120k and to them thats nothing. My wife lost her big carat ring somewhere in our old house and we still cant find it, its been 10 years. So whoever buys our place might find a 2carat cartier ring somewhere.
Might have found it if you had been checking the dog's poop the past 10 years.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 12:02 PM   #28057
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
With Cantonese culture, it stems from ww2 when the Japanese invaded China. Ask any old Canto speaking Auntie/Uncle in their 80's or even older ones that experienced as children. Without warning, doors were kicked in and everyone ushered outside facing Japanese soldiers. Shot on the spot, if you're lucky enough to flee and not get shot in the back. No mercy was ever shown from the Japanese army. So this hoarding and such is pretty much PTSD till this day.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 12:17 PM   #28058
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Typical guangdong hoarder bullshit. Im telling ya, you southern chinese people have a major fucking problem with hoarding.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 12:32 PM   #28059
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
With Cantonese culture, it stems from ww2 when the Japanese invaded China. Ask any old Canto speaking Auntie/Uncle in their 80's or even older ones that experienced as children. Without warning, doors were kicked in and everyone ushered outside facing Japanese soldiers. Shot on the spot, if you're lucky enough to flee and not get shot in the back. No mercy was ever shown from the Japanese army. So this hoarding and such is pretty much PTSD till this day.
I was talking to my mom a few months ago and she mentioned how my great-grandparents were well off and owned a bunch of land in China.

Then the Japanese came and started fucking shit up.

My great-grandparents had the idea to hide the land title/deeds somewhere. After the war, they tried to go back to find them and couldn't.

There's a good chance that my mom could've grew up well instead of having to work as a child in HK.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 12:49 PM   #28060
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Iono man, I've heard "blame the Japanese" explanation too. But then I also heard the "blame Mao's Great Leap Forward" explanation too. Still doesn't explain why in particular the Cantonese are the way they are like Badhobz says. If you look at a map of the Japanese occupation zones they actually occupied most of Northern China, leaving the South relatively unscathed. And Mao really messed with the whole country but it was the North and Central regions that got really fucked up

Totally uneducated guess but what I do think is that the ones who were lucky enough to escape to HK made it out and were able to pass the knowledge of atrocities to the outside world, whereas the Northern Chinese that stayed put died out early and got replaced by those with no memory of the horrors. Basically survivorship bias.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 12:49 PM   #28061

Yes that hatred is real. So much so that they still give me shit for buying Japanese cars.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 01:10 PM   #28062
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
The hatred is fanned and manufactured by the CCP though, so I find it quite pointless.

Ask a Chinese dude about Sora Aoi / Yua Mikami / etc., and I bet they'd all love to... well... you know...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 01:12 PM   #28063
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,600 Times in 864 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 78 Posts
Racism is put aside when D cups are involved.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 01:35 PM   #28064
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Ask a Chinese dude about Sora Aoi / Yua Mikami / etc., and I bet they'd all love to... well... you know...
What ever happened to the TWONGER thread, or whatever it was called. Some quality stuff in there

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

Old 09-26-2023, 01:59 PM   #28065
Say! Say! Say!

Japan building better Asian relations, one AV at a time

Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #28066
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I was talking to my mom a few months ago and she mentioned how my great-grandparents were well off and owned a bunch of land in China.

Then the Japanese came and started fucking shit up.

My great-grandparents had the idea to hide the land title/deeds somewhere. After the war, they tried to go back to find them and couldn't.

There's a good chance that my mom could've grew up well instead of having to work as a child in HK.
The same goes for my family. Great-grandfather (supposed filmmaker) left everything behind deeds included. When the war was over, everything unclaimed expropriated back to the Chinese government. That piece of land is now supposed to be a museum or something like that. I have a great cousin who works for the Chinese government who told us if we're able to backtrack documents to prove it belong to our ancestors we can claim it back. We lol'd...good luck with that. Same goes with the "village" my dad's family was from, we have an unclaimed property, however, something about us not allowed to sell it, and we'd have to move to China to live in only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Iono man, I've heard "blame the Japanese" explanation too. But then I also heard the "blame Mao's Great Leap Forward" explanation too. Still doesn't explain why in particular the Cantonese are the way they are like Badhobz says. If you look at a map of the Japanese occupation zones they actually occupied most of Northern China, leaving the South relatively unscathed. And Mao really messed with the whole country but it was the North and Central regions that got really fucked up

Totally uneducated guess but what I do think is that the ones who were lucky enough to escape to HK made it out and were able to pass the knowledge of atrocities to the outside world, whereas the Northern Chinese that stayed put died out early and got replaced by those with no memory of the horrors. Basically survivorship bias.
I think it's the basis of passing down their experience/knowledge. My parents always said, you never know when a war will start, or even bombings. I used to work with a couple Armenians who had to pass through Iraq and shit, telling me about hearing bombs in the background at night and walking to work seeing dead bodies all over. So I guess what the older generation told us is quite possibly true to an extent
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 02:14 PM   #28067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Japan building better Asian relations, one AV at a time

Butt fuck their censorship lawls.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:03 PM   #28068
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
AI can fix that now

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 03:21 PM   #28069
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My mom told me they arrived into the village and her family offered them dinner. They ate then broke all the dishes inside the house and pissed all over them. Told them they're lucky they won't shoot them

Idk if it's true but these stories seem to resonate a lot with the old peeps.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 05:10 PM   #28070
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
https://metrovancouver.org/about-us/...arge-revisions

If this proposal goes through new development costs will become more expensive again.

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 06:06 AM   #28071
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Yes that hatred is real. So much so that they still give me shit for buying Japanese cars.
Lol was out with a close friend's grandparents recently, he suggested a Japanese restaurant for dinner and the rest of the evening was non stop talk about radioactive Fukushima water (never mind we're in Toronto and all the fish is probably Atlantic) and the atrocities committed by the Japanese...
Old 09-27-2023, 10:30 AM   #28072
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
https://metrovancouver.org/about-us/...arge-revisions

If this proposal goes through new development costs will become more expensive again.

What choice does the governments have? They don't know how to budget properly, so the only way for them to pay for more stuff is to raise taxes/fees on everything.

It's f*cked up when government departments "have" to spend money on random sh*t just so they have the budget for the next year, how messed up is that? If they don't blow through their allocated funds, they won't get the funds next year.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #28073
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
Lol was out with a close friend's grandparents recently, he suggested a Japanese restaurant for dinner and the rest of the evening was non stop talk about radioactive Fukushima water (never mind we're in Toronto and all the fish is probably Atlantic) and the atrocities committed by the Japanese...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-water-release

Quote:
The water is treated to remove most radioactive substances, but contains tritium, an isotope of hydrogen that cannot be easily separated from water.

Scientists have pointed out that China’s own nuclear power plants release wastewater with higher levels of tritium than that found in Fukushima’s discharge, and that the levels are all within boundaries not considered to be harmful to human health.
https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/15013444

Quote:
SHANGHAI—Chinese boats are catching fish in what Beijing calls “Fukushima nuclear-contaminated water” for distribution in China, while the same marine products caught in the same area by Japanese vessels remain banned in that country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
I remember telling my mom about this and she was acting the same way like your friend's grandparents.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2023, 10:38 AM   #28074
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
What choice does the governments have? They don't know how to budget properly, so the only way for them to pay for more stuff is to raise taxes/fees on everything.

It's f*cked up when government departments "have" to spend money on random sh*t just so they have the budget for the next year, how messed up is that? If they don't blow through their allocated funds, they won't get the funds next year.
That's just how it goes

Towards the end of every year we get calls from the city asking to burn their 10-100k on whatever we suggest, because they haven't used it up

Old 09-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #28075
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
We actually use carry forwards in the fed system now... so if you have extra you can carry forward to the next fiscal year and not just blow it on stuff.

If anyone on the fed side is doing that, they're jut being a lazy manager/ahole.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: