REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2023, 10:27 PM   #28101
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
If the tenant disputes, the RTB will already have a copy of the letter.
RTB should send a sound clip to the tenant as well
https://youtu.be/Sw4AdwA0u5s?si=uAjTFmClbBpC6xlE

And on the flip, they should send it for great68 post for shitty landlords
"This was timely:

https://www.richmond-news.com/local-...em-out-7616245"
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

Last edited by donk.; 09-28-2023 at 10:32 PM.
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:25 AM   #28102
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Our old house is listed ! Yes yes this is self serving as fuck but if any RS member wants it, I rather sell it to you guys than some buttfuck builder.

Sigh gonna miss this place. The new place is much bigger and nicer but it still doesn’t feel like home.

Ps that circle on the ground full of dead grass is where my Costco hot tub used to be. It’s now in the new place making another crop circle full of dead grass

Last edited by Badhobz; 10-03-2023 at 02:23 AM.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 06:04 AM   #28103
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Sounds like if they had a plan prior and created a digital trail they could have won this.

1. Have son email you telling you he wants to move into your apartment with a response saying you'll give notice.
2. Follow up with an email after notice is given telling him when it will be available.
3. After tenants move out send another email stating you're going to start renovations, so happy you're going to get to live here.
4. Son follows up a month later after renovations have started with the bitch and I broke up, I think I'd rather live in Burnaby.
5. Sell condo, profit.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:09 AM   #28104

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...scent-richmond

Our old house is listed ! Yes yes this is self serving as fuck but if any RS member wants it, I rather sell it to you guys than some buttfuck builder.

Sigh gonna miss this place. The new place is much bigger and nicer but it still doesn’t feel like home.

Ps that circle on the ground full of dead grass is where my Costco hot tub used to be. It’s now in the new place making another crop circle full of dead grass
I really like that place. Can you move it to north van and keep it the same price?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:12 AM   #28105
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
So what services does Kathy provide rs open house meat
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 08:34 AM   #28106
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Does it come with the car?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 08:35 AM   #28107

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Does it come with the car?
Why would you want a Corolla, you need a Maserati to go with it
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 08:37 AM   #28108
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
This kind of proves the math that donk was laying out though.

They pay a $19,000 penalty, but they sell/sold the place at peak market, I'm sure they did much better than $19k...

And if the tenants rent costs went up 45% moving to a new place, that means they were paying at least 45% under market... even if the landlord had re-rented it out to someone that $19k would have been made back so fast.

I don't know what the problem is society wise, but I can see both sides... you don't want to see people forced out of places, but at the same time why should anyone be shielded from the price of things rising?

Do you just ban anyone from owning secondary properties? Does that help? I'm not sure tbh.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 08:38 AM   #28109

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
So what services does Kathy provide rs open house meat
im trying to capture the mainlander market so thats why i went with her, otherwise id get a white guy to sell it as i think it appeals to much more than just mainlanders.

But whatever, ill target mainlanders first, and then see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I really like that place. Can you move it to north van and keep it the same price?
No but you can move to Richmond im only 5 minutes away from the old place so we can still hang out

My wife did a good job with the furniture choices. we still gotta move all this old furniture to the new place once this sells. I cant believe that couch is 15 years old but it still solid and it looks modern. Plug for Sofaworks (local shop and built right in their warehouse on United Blvd)

Last edited by Badhobz; 09-29-2023 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:54 AM   #28110

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I can't imagine an Asian person having lived in that house, that sm bed, where's the rice cooker and red wall calendar that's how you target your China people. You should have got that dracco or that Tracy liu
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 08:58 AM   #28111

All the ching chong ling long shit is in the new house. Didnt want to make it look like the typical chinamenz house so i stashed all that shit away

Last edited by Badhobz; 09-29-2023 at 03:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 09:13 AM   #28112
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,239 Times in 425 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
i asked the wife if i could go with that hoe realtor who offers bj's for listings. shes like WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?! im like yes????? shes like FUCK YOU, NO!

All the ching chong ling long shit is in the new house. Didnt want to make it look like the typical chinamenz house so i stashed all that shit away
You didn't frame it right. The BJs are for the BUYERS. It's a selling point.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 10:37 AM   #28113

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
badhobz wants to start a bidding war

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 11:00 AM   #28114
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:

all i can think about

GLWS BH - cool house. Too bad it's in Richmond

EDIT: no pics of the garage? first thing i look at in every listing, then work backwards from. you get a lot of info/impressions from the garage pics

Last edited by The Producer; 09-29-2023 at 01:08 PM.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 11:10 AM   #28115
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:

Woah, that's a great price + location. Would love to move to be there at somewhere near that price point. I'd also get a golf memby at Quilchena if I'm next to it.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:51 PM   #28116
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:

Cool fireplace. Imagine if you leaned into the MCM trend... and it was in East Van... you'd have hipsters all over it.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:24 PM   #28117

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Yeah notice how I said I liked it haha.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 03:51 PM   #28118

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
RTB should send a sound clip to the tenant as well
https://youtu.be/Sw4AdwA0u5s?si=uAjTFmClbBpC6xlE

And on the flip, they should send it for great68 post for shitty landlords
"This was timely:

https://www.richmond-news.com/local-...em-out-7616245"
LOL. Man, for someone who has said they "never do the bad faith" thing to tenants, you sure took that shitty landlord comment personally.

If you're not one of those landlords, then great! That comment doesn't apply to you! Why are you so upset?

Or perhaps a guilty conscience? I dunno, otherwise I enjoy living rent free in your head.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 05:31 PM   #28119
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
They should send it to the landlords in your post, not you......

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 07:29 PM   #28120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
This kind of proves the math that donk was laying out though.

They pay a $19,000 penalty, but they sell/sold the place at peak market, I'm sure they did much better than $19k...

And if the tenants rent costs went up 45% moving to a new place, that means they were paying at least 45% under market... even if the landlord had re-rented it out to someone that $19k would have been made back so fast.

I don't know what the problem is society wise, but I can see both sides... you don't want to see people forced out of places, but at the same time why should anyone be shielded from the price of things rising?

Do you just ban anyone from owning secondary propertis? Does that help? I'm not sure tbh.
In an another post, someone said "Hate the game, not the player".

But the game comes with rules and conditions. And those are well known when the game starts.

Those rules include such things things as how much rents can increase in a certain year (and that rate is controlled by the government). Massive jumps in rents to "Market rate" is not likely ever to happen under the rules of the game.

Those rules are also very specific on how tenancies can be ended. It is not within the intent of the rules to end tenancies to obtain "market rate".

None of the above should be a surprise to a landlord. There should never have been any expectation they could crank rents to market rates at will. It's not "shielding" anything, it's just how the rules work.
How much that allowable increase should be every year is a completely different discussion. But utilizing the the existing tools to end tenancies not as they are intended will lead to stricter rules being implemented. This is my point.

These crappy landlords in the article might have mathematically won, but in the process they're fucking over and making it more difficult for every other good landlord that wouldn't try to evict people and fuck up their lives because they see their tenants as an ATM.

And even if as quasi said these people changed their process so that they would have won, the RTB and government aren't dumb and if this sort of thing continues to be abused don't be surprised if they think about implementing things such as vacancy control, requiring registration of tenancies and having any evictions be applied for and reviewed by RTB for approval, etc.

And before the other guys come in with the "But but but, that'll cause people to pull units from the market". I personally don't think so. People want their rental income. When the rules around renovictions and compensation got more strict a few years ago, available market units never decreased. At all.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 09:25 PM   #28121
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
It actually comes down to risk vs reward. Just like everything in life.

You play the game knowing the rules and knowing the risks, if you can stomach the risk then you get the reward.

The cliche of nice guys finishing last is true. We live in a world where life isn't fair and if you play by the rules you can have a good moral conscience, but you may not win the "game". If you play by the rules great, but there are so many out there that aren't. So you just have to pick your side and stick with it, but realize there are others who are going to pass you by.

Realistically, the RTB is so stretched for resources I can't see them reviewing evictions. It takes 4-6months to get a RTB hearing, they don't have the resources to do any reviews as you suggest.

If the rental increases were fair, to begin with, maybe more landlords wouldn't have to play these "games". How is it fair that people's mortgages went up 30% and they can only raise rent by 2%?
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2023, 09:30 PM   #28122

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

Realistically, the RTB is so stretched for resources I can't see them reviewing evictions. It takes 4-6months to get a RTB hearing, they don't have the resources to do any reviews as you suggest.
A couple pages ago I said this, so I think we're in agreement:
Quote:

The issue is in the delay time for a dispute to be heard by an arbitrator.

All that needs to happen is the RTB needs to be funded for more arbitrators to get hear the cases more quickly, and there needs to be a mechanism that expedites non-payment eviction disputes to the front of that line so that they happen in a week or, not a month.

Quote:

If the rental increases were fair, to begin with, maybe more landlords wouldn't have to play these "games". How is it fair that people's mortgages went up 30% and they can only raise rent by 2%?

Mortgages and rents are not comparable in that sense. There's no "fair" or "unfair" between the two.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Last edited by Great68; 09-29-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:40 PM   #28123
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
And before the other guys come in with the "But but but, that'll cause people to pull units from the market". I personally don't think so. People want their rental income. When the rules around renovictions and compensation got more strict a few years ago, available market units never decreased. At all.
I know what you're saying here, and while it may be true that available market units have not decreased when the rules tightened, let's not forget who the landlords are could very well have changed.

This is purely anecdotal evidence that I have seen myself, and I recognize that it may or may not be true across the board. But what I have been noticing is that the number or percentage of scumbag landlords -- or at least, shady landlords -- have increased as the rules got tighter. My personal theory is, as the rules got tightened, potential landlords that would have played by the rules figured that they weren't able to get the ROI that they expect, so they got out of the (landlordship) game. Meanwhile, you have other people with higher "risk tolerance" -- ie. more willing to do shady stuff to not play by the rules to take up landlording because there is still money to be had.

So of course the natural outcome from all this is -- a larger share of shady / scumbag landlords, and a residential rental climate that is worse off than before.

As an example of 1, I am one of those people who gave up the landlord gig because it was just too much of a PITA, and the ROI from renting my place out just wasn't worth it anymore.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 10:54 PM   #28124
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
A couple pages ago I said this, so I think we're in agreement:

Mortgages and rents are not comparable in that sense. There's no "fair" or "unfair" between the two.
Being a landlord is essentially a business. If your expenses go up, you should be able to increase the cost of the product to help cover the expense, if not, you won't be able to stay in business, you would be running at a loss. Doesn't seem fair to me.

But, I get what you're saying above, all the landlords went into the game knowing the rules, so even though they cap rental increases, everyone knew this going in, even if they thought it was unfair.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 12:09 PM   #28125
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Being a landlord is essentially a business. If your expenses go up, you should be able to increase the cost of the product to help cover the expense, if not, you won't be able to stay in business, you would be running at a loss. Doesn't seem fair to me.

But, I get what you're saying above, all the landlords went into the game knowing the rules, so even though they cap rental increases, everyone knew this going in, even if they thought it was unfair.
In the last 10 years rents and property values have also doubled to tripled. You can't have it both ways.