REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-29-2024, 09:09 AM   #29826
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
It isn't just drugs though -- addictions of other kinds can also do the same, as would a change of heart / falling out of love. I've had the misfortune of seeing some of these in my extended family and in my friends' families, and it is heart-breaking to see how things like this destroy families and ruin lives.

I've also wondered numerous times in the past -- at that point, how much blame do you assign to the addict / straying partner or child? and how much blame to you put on yourself for not noticing sooner and take measures to intervene? And now that I have become a parent, how much blame would I put on myself for not having taught my child better to protect himself against this sort of thing?
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 09:41 AM   #29827
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
WTF happened in the last page.....
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:51 AM   #29828
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
WTF happened in the last page.....
No idea I'm just catching up too, I think RabidRat was reminiscing about his early days in the Bay Area where he had to house share with a bunch of people. Then Honda took that comment to mean "Canada is FuCkEd 3rd wOrLd OMG Trudope SuXX". Then it became "Indians vs the world" again. And now we're talking about disowning our kids or something.
*shrugs*

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 10:26 AM   #29829
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I just gotta fucking lol at Honda acting like he's some hunter gatherer woodsman. I don't believe he could debone a chicken thigh.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 10:34 AM   #29830
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I just gotta fucking lol at Honda acting like he's some hunter gatherer woodsman. I don't believe he could debone a chicken thigh.
Aww man... you gotta give the guy some credit. I am convinced that he is fully capable of deboning the chicken thigh if the piece is already fully cooked.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 10:35 AM   #29831
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
lol I’ve got absolutely nothing to prove but in the last 3 years I’ve gutted an elk and 3 deer single handedly because I was alone for hours before anyone could get me. That’s on top of the previous couple decades I can’t even remember how many animals I’ve gone through.

Been hunting since I was like 5, fishing earlier than that.

Want pictures of the gut piles? Not to downplay your career but butchering an animal isn’t exactly rocket science, and I don’t have the luxury of fancy knives and a nice working area when I’m out in the bush.

Not everyone is as soft as ya think

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-29-2024 at 10:40 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 10:40 AM   #29832
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Deboned/rolled turkey? Best turkey I’ve ever had, but it’s way too much work. Like hunting ��
Old 01-29-2024, 10:57 AM   #29833
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
lol I’ve got absolutely nothing to prove but in the last 3 years I’ve gutted an elk and 3 deer single handedly because I was alone for hours before anyone could get me. That’s on top of the previous couple decades I can’t even remember how many animals I’ve gone through.

Want pictures of the gut piles? Not to downplay your career but butchering an animal isn’t exactly rocket science, and I don’t have the luxury of fancy knives and a nice working area when I’m out in the bush.

i got all my license but yeah, it's quite diff than shooting a pistol.
You gotta camp and then drag the animal back to your truck. Ain't going to fit in your land rover...
hilarious friend wanted to try it but didn't realize you'll be quiet, alone, and you can't be like in the movies where you just park, shoot and go home.

My uncle did it once (60s) and upon going to the butcher seeing a small boar / pig being butchered he couldn't do it anymore..... and this is my uncle's dad (my grandpa)grew up being a butcher. LOL
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 11:57 AM   #29834

Quote:

Lol I'm busting balls anyways, but you can't act like you expect people to be out there getting their own meat and that they are soft if they don't.
My neighbour is a big hunter and brings me some stuff often. I respect it for sure, as long as people aren't being wasteful.
And my knives are nice but I didn't always have the best working areas. I butchered a pig on a bar before lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-29-2024, 12:05 PM   #29835

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
To his credit, he definitely looks like a dude that does all that shit if you meet him in person

I'd believe him on that.

He's got that Pickton pig farmer look going on.

BTW Honda, I'm just joking on ya
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 12:38 PM   #29836

lol Mike one of the few still around who’s actually met me

Re: hunting, we’ve never hunted predators period, my old world European grandpa probably shot a bear or two but for me and my dad and virtually everyone else we hunt with, killing bears and wolves and shit is pointless and the meat is garb. Never been one to just want to kill indiscriminately like I find many “new” hunters do, until they realize the work involved. I’ve walked away from many easy shots because I didn’t want to have to deal with the animal once I had killed it (small deer etc)

There once was a time not too long ago in Canada where that type of practice was how you actually survived and ate. Now it’s ramen noodles and sharing a flat of eggs with Gurdeep and Sanjay. If Manic says it’s all good though it’s all good by me
Old 01-29-2024, 12:47 PM   #29837
RabidMod

Thanked 1,350 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
No idea I'm just catching up too, I think RabidRat was reminiscing about his early days in the Bay Area where he had to house share with a bunch of people. Then Honda took that comment to mean "Canada is FuCkEd 3rd wOrLd OMG Trudope SuXX". Then it became "Indians vs the world" again. And now we're talking about disowning our kids or something.
*shrugs*
that really escalated.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:11 PM   #29838
RabidMod

Thanked 1,350 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
sharing a flat of eggs with Gurdeep and Sanjay.
I dunno, that sounds pretty fun to me. I know Sanjay! We and another guy split the trailer rental and gas to tow our bikes out to Thunderhill. Stayed in his buddy's RV in the parking lot overnight to save $$ on hotel. I'm sad we didn't think to share flats of eggs for food: it's astoundingly cheap at Costco.

I know a Gurdeep too. He's a chip architect. He defined our co-processor and I'd say he did a damn good job given we're about to launch on February 2nd. Don't know him personally though; he may or may not want in on the eggs :/.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:20 PM   #29839
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Back in mid-2018 to mid-2020 I was involved in a neighbourhood egg group. Connections were made with a local farmer and orders went in on tuesdays and deliveries occured on thursdays. Eggs would be delivered by the case and then throughout the day people would drop by the house to pick up their orders. $3.50/dz back then and it increased to $4.00/dz later on. No doubt it looked shady as hell, haha.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:22 PM   #29840

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Neighborhood egg group ?!? I thought you were in a real estate murder / sex cult
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 02:23 PM   #29841
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
what!? id throw your children into a fucking blender and hit puree. Chihuahua kids are where its at
You would throw my children into a blender? What do you mean?
Sorry, I've been really bad at understanding shit the older I get. I'm pretty aloof sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
You haven't seen enough sh*t in the world. What if one of your child stole a huge amount of money from you or from one of your other children (when they are in their 30's or 40's). What if one of your children (married with children) leaves his/her spouse for another partner of the same gender and effing up the psychology of your grandchildren?

Unconditional love ideally is true ... but never say never. Sometimes disowning is the only proper appropriate response.
I guess to many, I haven't seen enough shit, you might be right.

Honestly, If my child stole money from me or anyone, my first thought would be, he must have really needed the money and he must have a pretty valid reason on why he did what he did and I need to find him and help him immediately.

Likewise, if my son who is married with children leaves for another partner of the same sex abruptly, without notice, my first instinct would be he needs my help and he is probably going through some crazy shit, and I need to be there for him.

The relationship I have with my children and the relationship I strive to have is a relationship where there is clear and open communication at all times. I will always be there to support them. I will always love them. My kids are very young, but I stive to instill those values every single day with them.

Now, I wish my relationship with my asian parents was the same way, but I don't think that would ever be possible. They grew up in a different time and with different values. I understand that.

I really can't see any scenario where the only appropriate response is to disown my child.

What was really crazy to me was when I was talking to my friends boyfriend (let's call him, John), John said he would disown his own father if he found out his dad was defrauding people for money. He said morally he couldn't have a relationship with a person who did that. To me, that sounded crazy to think someone would disown their own parent on a moral stance. Not sure if it's a cultural thing or not.

Last edited by PeanutButter; 01-29-2024 at 06:09 PM.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 02:52 PM   #29842
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Back in mid-2018 to mid-2020 I was involved in a neighbourhood egg group.
read this and i was thinking to myself "aren't you a little too old to be egging houses?"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 06:34 PM   #29843

On todays edition of neighbourhood walk

This is a great looking way to redo a van special haven’t seen many this nice that aren’t completely redone

All black errthang.. imo this is the nicest arrangement for a duplex when the side entry faces the sidewalk makes it feel way more like two independent homes. Shitty thing is you probably share a common wall through much of the middle of the house

I love the black on black btw looks great but I think it would get quite hot in the summer and also look dirty/dusty quickly

and lastly this new project at first snd Lakewood, this is what a construction site should look like, especially at this scale

What I never really get about buddy guy builders and frankly the majority of builders is they never have a labourer clean up their sites. Like fuck I’d pay a kid to come after school and just pile shit up or put it into trash cans but people just leave their sites filled with shit scattered everywhere until it’s time to landscape or build forms
Old 01-29-2024, 06:47 PM   #29844

Thanked 1,887 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
You can only afford 1 shade of paint? And yes the black house looks like it will be hot as fuck
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 06:48 PM   #29845
I don't get it

Failed 65 Times in 7 Posts
Labourers are like $25 an hour
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:21 PM   #29846
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,105 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
black on black looks cool but when its time to sell you will have fewer offers
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 07:24 PM   #29847
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
Nice haunted house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 07:24 PM   #29848

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Black houses are the new all white kitchens.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:37 PM   #29849

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Labourers are like $25 an hour
100 hours of cleaning for $2500

On a 600-800,000 build? The 2500 would save you money in the long run.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:46 PM   #29850

lol seriously. Paying $25/hr to not wade through piles of garbage at your worksite will save you 3x that in efficiency.
Shitty workspaces make shitty workers.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: