REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-18-2024, 10:56 AM   #32301
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Pulling data from my Tesla Wall Charger, on average for charging two Tesla's, the cost is about $70 to $90 per month.

So over all, maybe it contributes to 1/3 of my electricity costs?
How much mileage are they covering in a month?
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 11:02 AM   #32302
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
it's tough; there's no way to meter it unless huge infrastructure is put in place.

we constantly get tenants complaining someone is plugging it into a regular outlet = strata has to pay etc .... complaints goes on a blind eye.. but what can they do other than a warning letter.
Does your council have rules or bylaws already that prohibit this?

They can make a Rule immediately at the next Council meeting and that would allow them to fine $50 per infraction.

They can also, at the next AGM, vote in a new bylaw and that would allow them to fine $200 per infraction.

I agree. If someone is charging their car using a common area outlet in the parkade, that means all owners are paying for that via strata fees and should be cracked down on. Strata fees are high enough as it is.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 12:26 PM   #32303
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
How can someone use your charger unless they park in your spot? Then can't you just call the tow truck
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 12:38 PM   #32304

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
How can someone use your charger unless they park in your spot? Then can't you just call the tow truck
They are plugging into regular wall sockets that are on the outside of the building.
Old 07-18-2024, 12:54 PM   #32305

Unplug the charger? Steal it? Lol lock the plug?
Old 07-18-2024, 01:56 PM   #32306
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Our building put locked clear cases over all public outlets.

Then the strata president conveniently moved his space to next to one of those outlets and had the key for the box and plugged his car in while no one else could.

All levels of government are despicable, I tell ya!!
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 02:04 PM   #32307
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Our building put locked clear cases over all public outlets.

Then the strata president conveniently moved his space to next to one of those outlets and had the key for the box and plugged his car in while no one else could.

All levels of government are despicable, I tell ya!!
You calling him out at the next general meeting in front of everyone? I 100% would just because it would me funny to watch his response even if nothing changes.

When I lived in a townhouse, the meetings I'd go to I'd call them out on their bullshit every time.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 02:05 PM   #32308

^^ and look at you now, owning a supra and two houses
Old 07-18-2024, 02:07 PM   #32309
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
You got the wrong guy, lol.

I legit get a kick out of making people who are assholes uncomfortable, do it at work all the time.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 02:07 PM   #32310
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You calling him out at the next general meeting in front of everyone? I 100% would just because it would me funny to watch his response even if nothing changes.

When I lived in a townhouse, the meetings I'd go to I'd call them out on their bullshit every time.
Hahaha he's gone now, and unfortunately I was always away for AGM's in the past. The council just got replaced though and found all kinds of shit was going on with old council members, taking handicapped stalls and putting private parking signs up and parking their extra car for free, etc.

Quote:
Or did he pay me off handsomely to keep quiet
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 05:06 PM   #32311
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:

you can’t tell the white guys apart either eh ? Womp womp….
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 05:57 PM   #32312

Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,196 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
How much mileage are they covering in a month?
Hard to say, it varies from 1500 to 2500km a month between two cars.

My previous car was a 2015 BMW X1 with the N55 motor.

I was doing about minimum 1200km per month, gas costs exceeding 400 bucks a month .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 07:43 PM   #32313

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Hard to say, it varies from 1500 to 2500km a month between two cars.

My previous car was a 2015 BMW X1 with the N55 motor.

I was doing about minimum 1200km per month, gas costs exceeding 400 bucks a month .
The X1 didn't come with a N55 though..... $400 for 1200km I can believe though. We were hovering around that point in our X3 with a B48, though our consumption is worse than typical due to lots of side streets driving and zero highway.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2024, 08:27 PM   #32314

Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,196 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
The X1 didn't come with a N55 though..... $400 for 1200km I can believe though. We were hovering around that point in our X3 with a B48, though our consumption is worse than typical due to lots of side streets driving and zero highway.
It did actually as an option, whether it was the base model, premium, or the M sport

2015 was the final year E chassis for the X1 with hydraulic steering

For my particular car, mines was the M Sport version equipped with the optional N55, black with red interior, no navigation, no upgraded sound system

I first discovered the car when tofu was working at Brian Jessel at the time. It was a sweet car but the purchase didn't make sense at the time back in 2017-2018 roughly.

One day browsing around Craigslist back in 2020, that's when I had a shut up and take my money moment. It was a decent deal too, 2015 BMW X1 M Sport with N55, 43,000km for 20 grand
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 09:03 PM   #32315

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
It did actually as an option, whether it was the base model, premium, or the M sport

2015 was the final year E chassis for the X1 with hydraulic steering

For my particular car, mines was the M Sport version equipped with the optional N55, black with red interior, no navigation, no upgraded sound system

I first discovered the car when tofu was working at Brian Jessel at the time. It was a sweet car but the purchase didn't make sense at the time back in 2017-2018 roughly.

One day browsing around Craigslist back in 2020, that's when I had a shut up and take my money moment. It was a decent deal too, 2015 BMW X1 M Sport with N55, 43,000km for 20 grand
I had thought you were driving the FWD Mini version instead of the 1 series wagon version. I take that back yes those were rare.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2024, 10:53 PM   #32316

Look it's Jacky Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
you can’t tell the white guys apart either eh ? Womp womp….
Old 07-19-2024, 10:27 AM   #32317
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
If you wanna chime in on home insurance, look here!

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7178...insurance.html
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 10:56 AM   #32318
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
So, after much consideration, me and wife have decided to put our plan to leave Canada into a more serious step.

Already booked flights later in the year to check out countries where we see potential (tax treatment, living quality... etc) and see how we like them.

Now regarding RE... my place has grown quite a bit in term of valuation. But of course, I want to sell it at the best price possible.

Does it make sense to do renos so that it's more presentable (relative to other houses in the area of course) or I shouldn't even bother?

I've done quite a bit of major stuff such as electricals (400A service) and HVAC (geothermal). What's really left to do is cosmetic stuff like maybe fancier appliances and small repairs here and there.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:56 AM   #32319
RabidMod

Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
If you wanna chime in on home insurance, look here!

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7178...insurance.html
This sub-forum format... everything is so buried ><.

I wish it was just one giant list of threads, and that you could just check off which sub-topic you want, via a filter.

@SkinnyPupp!! Can we has?!
Old 07-19-2024, 11:00 AM   #32320
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post

I wish it was just one giant list of threads, and that you could just check off which sub-topic you want, via a filter.

This is Revscene not Redditscene smh
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 11:15 AM   #32321
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Does it make sense to do renos so that it's more presentable (relative to other houses in the area of course) or I shouldn't even bother?

I've done quite a bit of major stuff such as electricals (400A service) and HVAC (geothermal). What's really left to do is cosmetic stuff like maybe fancier appliances and small repairs here and there.
I lean towards not bothering with anything beyond minor touch ups or everyday fixes - let the next owner decide what they want do with their home.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 11:46 AM   #32322
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
So, after much consideration, me and wife have decided to put our plan to leave Canada into a more serious step.

Already booked flights later in the year to check out countries where we see potential (tax treatment, living quality... etc) and see how we like them.

Now regarding RE... my place has grown quite a bit in term of valuation. But of course, I want to sell it at the best price possible.

IMO after doing touch ups and working in home owner orientations/deficiencies I think the best thing you can do is just clean, paint, and caulk everything

Fresh grout and caulking lines are, imo, one of the biggest eye catchers. Generally people do not look up close at walls or baseboards and casings unless somthing catches their eye.

Paint and caulking and cleaning surfaces and floors can go further than staging imo
Old 07-19-2024, 11:46 AM   #32323

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:

with how light the traffic here is, clicking the "New Posts" button in the middle is the easiest way to see everything these days.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 11:47 AM   #32324
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

Press "New Posts" for your giant list.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 12:02 PM   #32325
Performance Moderator

Quote:

I had to put the first house I bought in Calgary up for sale, fresh paint on the walls had a pro do the high ceiling stuff I couldn't really safely reach and did the rest myself, $3600 total cost for 2 floors, between that and market the ask price is $50k higher than bought for after only 4 months and everyone that goes through is complimenting the paint. Seems like a really good value add if it's a weird colour or looking rough in some spots.

The only other thing the realtor wanted was to update a couple of ugly light fixtures he said those really catch eyes but just logistics of not being there at the moment prevented that.

I would have also done caulking like Hondaracer said if it hadn't already just been done before I bought it.

My experience with appliances in the past was replacing an oven with like a really nice on in a place right before I decided to sell, and a week after I sold it I went by and saw the brand new oven on the side of the road with a FREE sign on it hahaha ouch!! Your place is probably quite high end, probably best to let people pick their own shiz.

I'm excited for you bro!!! Anytime anyone is daring to make changes it's exciting.
This post thanked by: