REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-19-2024, 12:34 PM   #32326
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Already booked flights later in the year to check out countries where we see potential (tax treatment, living quality... etc) and see how we like them.
Out of curiosity, what countries are on your list?
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 01:47 PM   #32327
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Out of curiosity, what countries are on your list?
Monaco, Andorra and Costa Rica
Old 07-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #32328
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I've heard Andorra can be a bit tough on oldies, it's the same height above sea level as Calgary... I know it's going to take me some time to get used to Calgary altitudes, I was constantly out of breath when I was there painting, made me feel out of shape as fugg.

Do you still speak Portugese or Spanish?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 02:13 PM   #32329
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I had to look up Andorra. How would language work. And I was just reading this thing about becoming none resident and you have to dispose of your assets and take a hit before you leave. Curiously I was just discussing this over dinner last night regarding a back up to Canada. Seeing cheap houses in Japan, people telling me about Vietnam, Thailand? Malaysia seems interesting but I don't want to deal with too backwards Muslim rules. Vietnam is corrupt/ communist.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 02:27 PM   #32330
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
This whole time I thought hehe really had convictions wanting to save Canada from "the lefties" but not only has he had "fuck you bitches I'm outta here" money but "fuck you bitches I'm outta here to Monaco" money.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 02:33 PM   #32331

Portuguese is conversational. Native level in Spanish.

Monaco was more than anything because parents already own a place there. Small but livable. But cost of living is very high.

Andorra is quite cheap and tax treatment is very good. Only thing is their official language is Catalan. Most speak Spanish there, so day to day is not too much of an issue. But school for kiddos is. Private would likely be the only option.

Costa Rica is like dirt cheap and living quality can be made very high. But I’d be far away from F&F. So, no perfect locations. But again, I’m venturing options.
Old 07-19-2024, 03:48 PM   #32332
RabidMod

Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
So Hehe, which cities are on your shortlist?

Edit: nm you just answered it lol.
Old 07-19-2024, 04:10 PM   #32333
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Monaco was more than anything because parents already own a place there. Small but livable.
But does it overlook the Grand Prix route?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 04:13 PM   #32334

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
But does it overlook the Grand Prix route?
Not even close. The one with view to the ocean or Monte Carlo area are 3x the price. More than what we can afford.
Old 07-19-2024, 04:29 PM   #32335
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Yarg… out of those 3 countries I think Monaco is the only one I would consider. The rest seems like you’ll get jacked and killed due to your face (ethnicity)
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2024, 05:17 PM   #32336
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Monaco it’s obviously because the tax breaks but the real estate is ludicrous

You get a place double the size, with a million times better view, that’s decades newer, a literal stones throw away
Old 07-19-2024, 05:26 PM   #32337
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Why not the typical no or low capital gains tax countries like
Singapore, UAE or even HK/TW?
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 05:49 PM   #32338
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
I wouldn’t do HK or TW right now. It’s either already China or going to be China shortly. Shit is unstable and volatile and no secure place to stash wealth.

Canada is okay but it’s a slow death of a thousand pricks (taxes and other governmental trash policies like luxury tax on cars, etc)
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 05:49 PM   #32339
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
RS net worth poll, has entered the chat again

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 06:14 PM   #32340

Don't forget us is heading to no abortion, sounds like chinadia is following suit soon, anti immigrant, making white people great again. Can't raise rents but can charge you more capital gains.
Old 07-19-2024, 08:51 PM   #32341
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
If hehe movies to Monaco he is going to spend what 25 to 30 mill to live in a 3 bedroom condo.

My buddy use to work in France his boss/buddy lived in Monaco. He watched the F1 race from the balcony of the condo. After selling the company his boss moved to Costa Rica.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:06 PM   #32342

You guys are generalizing Monaco with its expensive districts like Monte Carlo or Larvotto where those apartments over 20m are located. Yes, Monaco is expensive. But a big chunk of its RE transaction is still between 1-2m euro. And even lower when my parents bought 10+ years ago. It would be like saying everywhere in greater YVR is the same price as Point Grey.

I’m open for suggestions really. These are countries where I think establishing residence is not super complicated. Monaco, as an example, you maintain 500k euro in their bank, “lease” my parents place from them, boom, residency granted. Of course, I’m overly simplifying things. But the idea is that these countries need to offer a golden visa or nomad visa program.

Then the most important thing is taxation scheme. I focus on no/low tax for earnings outside of the country while offering decent overall living standards

The climate needs to be moderate. The reason why I don’t want to go to places like TW or SG is because the weather is unbearable.

Back to the topic, so, just touch ups? Not even appliances?
Old 07-19-2024, 10:30 PM   #32343

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I had to look up Andorra. How would language work. And I was just reading this thing about becoming none resident and you have to dispose of your assets and take a hit before you leave. Curiously I was just discussing this over dinner last night regarding a back up to Canada. Seeing cheap houses in Japan, people telling me about Vietnam, Thailand? Malaysia seems interesting but I don't want to deal with too backwards Muslim rules. Vietnam is corrupt/ communist.
I’m fluent in Spanish. And most in Andorra speak at least conversational Spanish. So, not a huge issue. I basically ignored all Asian options due to weather. Any place worth living has typical Asian tropical climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Yarg… out of those 3 countries I think Monaco is the only one I would consider. The rest seems like you’ll get jacked and killed due to your face (ethnicity)
I grew up in South America. So, not a huge issue. And from research, as long as you stick in the good neighborhoods, life standard can be on par if not better than in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Monaco it’s obviously because the tax breaks but the real estate is ludicrous

You get a place double the size, with a million times better view, that’s decades newer, a literal stones throw away
Yes, one of the idea is also, since getting Monaco residence grants you access in the Schengen area, is to get tax residency there, while living in other places. Even by just leaving Monaco at about 30 min drive, you can get houses for fraction of the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I wouldn’t do HK or TW right now. It’s either already China or going to be China shortly. Shit is unstable and volatile and no secure place to stash wealth.

Canada is okay but it’s a slow death of a thousand pricks (taxes and other governmental trash policies like luxury tax on cars, etc)
My main issue is not really with taxes, but how stupidly high it is. With my main source of income taxes as passive income, I get raped. And I thought that if I can get same living standard while paying less taxes, why not?
Old 07-19-2024, 10:45 PM   #32344
RabidMod

Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Would you feel a little isolated though, sticking to those pockets of high standard of living?

Re Andorra: maybe culture shock for your kids as well, going from being reasonably average members of society just like anyone else, to being "those rich people who arent one of us"?

Re Monacco: doesn't sound like there's any downside to this one! Seems like a convenient launchpad to the rest of Europe.

Either way, all new adventures for the family
Old 07-20-2024, 09:53 AM   #32345
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,249 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Nice, someone who has issues with Canada actually doing something about it and leaving. Gotta respect that!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 10:01 AM   #32346

Most people do, the crippling debt they’ve been forced into prevents them from doing anything about it
Old 07-20-2024, 10:07 AM   #32347
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Back to the topic, so, just touch ups? Not even appliances?
Paint and caulking for sure. How old are the appliances/ what exactly do you have right now?

If the house is in good shape, I don't see how newer appliances are going to swing a buyer or I don't see how it's going to add more value. Unless the appliances you have are like 20 years old.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 10:11 AM   #32348

It’s probably a coin flip on appliances imo

So say you have a typical appliance suite, whatever, I’ll use my own for example, Kitchenaid gas range, matching dishwasher and fridge. They look fairly industrial, they don’t have logos everywhere really, look fine. To your average person they’d be perfectly
Fine wouldn’t think twice

But then, depending on the price point of your home and target market, if your buyers are all going to be off-shore or Chinese buyers, if you were to to out and buy like base model sub zero or another brand where the perception is it’s fancier regardless of it being garbage, maybe that would sway certain demographics.

Is it worth the investment and headache of removing old appliances and spending 20k to upgrade? I’d say probably not depending on the rest of the home and the kitchen itself
Old 07-20-2024, 04:06 PM   #32349
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 81 Times in 18 Posts
Update!

- tenants cannot afford our asking price
- close friend (tenant's sibling) was willing to purchase the place and rent it out to my tenant but decided that it was a bad idea LOL
- as a result, it went to the market this week!
- the stupid ass washing machine broke this tuesday too @_@

Best case scenario, it sells next week. But with the new RTB/tenant 4 month eviction rule, it'll take us to December. Then we would need to sell our Duplex. Probably won't be able to upgrade until next year
FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 04:10 PM   #32350

That 4 month thing is retarded so all deals takes 4+ months to close?