REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-16-2024, 08:36 AM   #33126
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Famous architect or infamous architect ?! This looks like crap
maybe an intern out of his shop did it and the RE stretched the truth?
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 08:55 AM   #33127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
https://www.zealty.ca/mls-R2924185/1...UE-Burnaby-BC/

Not designed by a famous architect but so much better. I don't love all the choices but there are a lot of nice touches here and someone actually put effort into this.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 10:02 AM   #33128
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post

Not designed by a famous architect but so much better. I don't love all the choices but there are a lot of nice touches here and someone actually put effort into this.

I don't know if it's just my aesthetic preference, but that's so so much nicer. The colours may have helped it blend it, but 1) the tilework isn't atrocious, 2) the flooring planks aren't ugly, and 3) some of the wilder patterns like the kitchen backsplas, actually works. It's like some one actually put some thought into it.

I do have something to pick at, the front door looks great, but I don't like the glass. I don't need whoever is at the front door to look in and see me. Especially if it's unsolicited. The other house also has a metal roof, which would be more money and more durable as well?

But that price though. That's also not worth the listing price. We looked at something similar in 2021 in the same area just down the block, and they wanted 2.1m. Even accounting for new build I would think this is only worth about 2.8m
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:04 AM   #33129
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Very nice house.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:19 AM   #33130
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
What would you cost to build that in 2024 mats + labour?

Closer to $1.5-1.7M? $450-500sqft?

Land value $1.7-2.1M?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:20 AM   #33131
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
can you guys find me a house in coquitlam, mundy part area

budget, is up to $1.8M that needs work but better be a good lot/bones

$2.1M and it has to be reno'd but not shitty reno I'm going to have to redo

finders fee if someone finds me something we haven't already seen.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:22 AM   #33132
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
What would you cost to build that in 2024 mats + labour?

Closer to $1.5-1.7M? $450-500sqft?

Land value $1.7-2.1M?
It’s so hard to tell these day.. but the quality looks good in the minor details like flashing, soffit, even the kicks in the kitchen look great so yea, your probably $375-$450
Old 09-16-2024, 10:35 AM   #33133
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,249 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:

Ahhh much better. Too bad it doesn't show the layout but from the pictures, it looks well planned.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 10:47 AM   #33134

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:

that's a very nice house. a lot of custom trimwork that looks well done

looks like a sister house next door then the other side that house looks like it's falling apart.

all to stare into 15 different neighbours houses and back yards
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 11:00 AM   #33135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
that's a very nice house. a lot of custom trimwork that looks well done

looks like a sister house next door then the other side that house looks like it's falling apart.

all to stare into 15 different neighbours houses and back yards
Capitol Hill is weird. You have some really nice houses and some really well off ppl living next to hoarders and run down houses who really can't afford to move elsewhere.
Old 09-16-2024, 11:30 AM   #33136
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
I moved over the weekend and it was a 3 days of torture and exhaustion. Do not recommend one bit.

That said I hired the Tokyo Ninja Movers and here's my review.

Pros - Super nice guys. Very polite. They take extremely good care of your things. They wrap EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. They also bring their own plastic toes for loose items. The price is also reasonable at $170/hr for 3 guys.

Cons - Some of those pros can be cons as well.

I found them to be a lot slower than I anticipated, and I think a lot of it had to do with the wrapping and protection. I personally think it was overkill. There are some things like art, or the TV, or large furniture when wrapping is great. And then they wrapped a lot of items that no other company would wrap and it added a LOT of time.

I only had the elevator for 3 hours. When we got to hour 4 they said the truck was full and they needed to leave and come back and make a second trip. I wasn't happy about that because I sent photos of all the items in advance and if their truck was too small to accomodate evertything in one trip, I should have been notified in advance. I also didn't have the elevator booked for later that day. Thankfully the strata cut me a lot of slack!

I also didn't think they were the most efficient in how they moved things between the 3 guys. It just seemed like they struggled a lot with anything that wasn't just boxes.

The hourly rate was good, but I paid for so many more hours than I planned, so it ended up being very expensive.

A lot of time was spent trying to get our couch to the upper floor in our new home, which ultimately we weren't successful doing because of the measurements. That wasn't their fault at all. Primarily it was just that they were not efficient like I hoped, and there were 2 truck trips.

While another company might not have taken as much care with my items, I think I could have saved 30% off my bill, at least.

Anyways, it's over with now. And now I feed to find ANOTHER company to help hoist my couch to the second floor over my front balcony.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 11:55 AM   #33137
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
I hear this sold for under 2 mill. It's in Parksville. Just under 9000 sqf. 3 car garage plus another 6 car garage and a separate unfinished guest house.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?...00058108634869
Old 09-16-2024, 12:54 PM   #33138
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I hear this sold for under 2 mill. It's in Parksville. Just under 9000 sqf. 3 car garage plus another 6 car garage and a separate unfinished guest house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk6xdLaE_F0

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?...00058108634869
BC Assessment reports it sold for $1.9m in January, assessed at $2.7m. Yikes.

Beauty though.
Old 09-16-2024, 01:07 PM   #33139

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
wow that place is huge. I wonder what the heating bills are like lol

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 01:07 PM   #33140

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
The house is nice but these two pics ruined it for me. You wake up in your $3m mansion, great success, then you look outside the window and you see China man recycling and them hanging their underwear on their cloth lines. Same view while taking my expensive shit.

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 01:17 PM   #33141
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
wow that place is huge. I wonder what the heating bills are like lol
3 heat pumps and 4 water heaters.
Old 09-16-2024, 01:36 PM   #33142
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 81 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
I moved over the weekend and it was a 3 days of torture and exhaustion. Do not recommend one bit.

That said I hired the Tokyo Ninja Movers and here's my review.

Pros - Super nice guys. Very polite. They take extremely good care of your things. They wrap EVERYTHING. And I mean everything. They also bring their own plastic toes for loose items. The price is also reasonable at $170/hr for 3 guys.

Cons - Some of those pros can be cons as well.

I found them to be a lot slower than I anticipated, and I think a lot of it had to do with the wrapping and protection. I personally think it was overkill. There are some things like art, or the TV, or large furniture when wrapping is great. And then they wrapped a lot of items that no other company would wrap and it added a LOT of time.

I only had the elevator for 3 hours. When we got to hour 4 they said the truck was full and they needed to leave and come back and make a second trip. I wasn't happy about that because I sent photos of all the items in advance and if their truck was too small to accomodate evertything in one trip, I should have been notified in advance. I also didn't have the elevator booked for later that day. Thankfully the strata cut me a lot of slack!

I also didn't think they were the most efficient in how they moved things between the 3 guys. It just seemed like they struggled a lot with anything that wasn't just boxes.

The hourly rate was good, but I paid for so many more hours than I planned, so it ended up being very expensive.

A lot of time was spent trying to get our couch to the upper floor in our new home, which ultimately we weren't successful doing because of the measurements. That wasn't their fault at all. Primarily it was just that they were not efficient like I hoped, and there were 2 truck trips.

While another company might not have taken as much care with my items, I think I could have saved 30% off my bill, at least.

Anyways, it's over with now. And now I feed to find ANOTHER company to help hoist my couch to the second floor over my front balcony.
Thank you for the review! I’m considering hiring them as well. I’m planning to make just one trip to move between houses, primarily for transporting the furniture.

Do you remember if they had a large moving truck, around 15+ feet?

How many hours you spent moving with them?
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 02:09 PM   #33143

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
The house is nice but these two pics ruined it for me. You wake up in your $3m mansion, great success, then you look outside the window and you see China man recycling and them hanging their underwear on their cloth lines. Same view while taking my expensive shit.

I'm not sure what you expect in Vancouver........
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 02:50 PM   #33144
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
That’s why you move to Richmond. Still close enough and your 3 mil looks like 3 mil.

Setbacks are good. Separation between houses are good. None of this insane congestion you get in Vancouver / Burnaby.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 03:04 PM   #33145
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
But then you live in Richmond.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 03:24 PM   #33146
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Aye ! Richmond’s the best. It’s rich. And full of monds.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 03:55 PM   #33147

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
That's not even Van though, it's Burnaby once again reminding yourself you're too poor for Vancouver
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 04:15 PM   #33148
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 12 Times in 9 Posts
Thought I'd chip in with my recent move experience. I hired Home Run Movers, referred to me by a coworker, and had a great experience. First time not using the "buddies and beer" method to move so I had a bit of sticker shock when I called around for quotes. These guys are a bit more expensive ($190/hr + the usual extras for mattress bags, fuel surcharge etc) but they were super careful with everything (plastic wrap/blankets/the whole shibang) and very efficeint. Our move was more complicated because we had a lot of larger odd shaped pieces - patio set and home gym was the main culprit. Coming from a detached and into another, we probably had more stuff than a typical townhouse/condo move so I was expecting more hours. 5 Guys showed up right on time with a 3 ton truck, wasted no time in setting up carpets to track through the house and stormed through the house in the best way possible. Ended up being 2 trips, although the second was soley for the home gym which took about a quarter of the truck. Otherwise this would have been a 3 hour gig.

While getting quotes, they were the only ones that requested a video call. Got on the horn with the owner, who also leads the moves, and walked through my place to get an idea of what was to be moved. Quoted me by days end and it was pretty much bang on to the final invoice. Super nice crew who were very respectful and just standup dudes. Would definitely go back to them for our next move (hopefully never).

I will say, leading up to the move, I ordered a bunch of frog boxes and moved over as many smaller things as I could with a buddy to save on some time and truck space.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2024, 04:42 PM   #33149
Old School RS

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,229 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post

Honestly, feel the same. Gorgeous house, but I just cannot get excited about a typical Vancouver special with an alley and 5 adjacent houses, plus power lines above ground.

On build pricing - we are being guided that even at mid level build construction, it's very hard to get sub $400/ft these days.

-Mark
Old 09-16-2024, 05:28 PM   #33150
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Does anyone know of townhouses that are 1bed + garage? Do these even exist?

Every townhouse is 2 bed+, usually 3-4 bed. It would be a dream to have a 1bed townhouse with attached garage without the 800k+ price tag.
500sqft living space+ 400sqft garage

From a developer standpoint, it does not make sense.
From a single person, or couple + car enthusiast, woodshop, home gym, whatever your into, it would be amazing.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote