REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2024, 03:00 PM   #33401
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,384 Times in 2,406 Posts
Failed 393 Times in 159 Posts
I had one condo unit where the tenant was living. The place was a cluttered mess, and I literally received no offers. So, I relisted once he moved out, kept the place empty, and sold it within a month. I've applied this approach to the last few condos I've sold, and I've never had issues.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2024, 08:12 AM   #33402
private modder

Thanked 2,784 Times in 782 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
I actually find staging really helps. Empty condos look smaller. Staging gives people an idea of how usable the space actually is.

That said, I think you have to consider the following: What's your immediate competition like? And how much traffic are you anticipating to get at the open houses? there were some days we only had one party come through. and lastly, how many days on market is the average? the longer it is, the more staging would cost I assume.

as for appliances, unless the ones you have are junky and you're competing with units that have updated appliances, I wouldn't invest there. If you do end up investing there, I'd go for the cheapest/nicest looking, and do it only so you can be competitive, not necessarily to get your money back.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2024, 03:39 PM   #33403
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,923 Times in 1,117 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
yah ... saw some postings with digital staging ... not bad at all. Must be less than $3000.
https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...orth-vancouver

first one I've really noticed (beyond the usual fake TV/art images) - I guess because they stacked them w the empty photos. They even flipped the furniture in the mirrors.

It's actually pretty convincing
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2024, 04:08 PM   #33404
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,090 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
Yup ... for a first look on the posting, it's helpful.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 02:13 PM   #33405
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
On the topic of virtual staging.. anyone know why it's trendy to photoshop the TV screen with pictures of jame bond/margot robbie/topgun? And do realtors know any other adjectives than PRESTIGIOUS? No, blundell road is not prestigious!
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2024, 06:02 PM   #33406
RabidMod

Thanked 1,387 Times in 506 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
TIL i have a promising future as a digital stager.