REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #9001
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 87 Times in 37 Posts
does anyone pay attention to CNY foreign exchange? just dropped ~10% overnight.

All of a sudden a 1m CAD property went from 5.15m rmb to 5.65m rmb. if it sticks it should have a slight chilling effect.
Advertisement
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #9002
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Partly because of cad /oil and part because of Chinese govt trying to stem outflow of Capitol. Should go down more.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #9003
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Between managing a slowing economy, an unstoppable capital outflow, and their foreign reserves, China has been stuck between a rock and a hard place for quite some time now. In the recent months, it seems like they have been more actively manipulating the RMB's value, although they would of course deny any such accusations. But the fact is, the RMB has been devaluing itself for some time now, with intermittent bouts of rebounds as the Chinese government injects a bit of funding to prop up the RMB value.

I can't tell you when it would stop, nor can I tell you how long each temporary (?) rebound will last. The only thing I feel fairly certain is that the RMB will continue to be unstable and probably heading down more for some time at least in the near future.

As to how that will affect our RE market, I can think of reasons for both side of the argument with no clear and convincing winner. So on that note, you'd have to rely on your own judgement.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #9004
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Especially in this day and age, and in Canada of all places, what does foreign citizenship have to do with race?
Let's call a duck a duck. The foreign buyer tax should have effectively just been called the Mainland Chinese buyer tax. That is what the people wanted, a group to blame and villify for this mess rightfully or wrongfully. The gov is just catering to what the people have been crying out for instead of fixing the actual problem at hand.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #9005
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
So apparently City of Lougheed lines up crazeness means sold out of 550 units for Tower 1... of 23. $400K for a 600ft box on second floor seem crazy. We will see if things rescind next 6 days.

Michael Moore lookalike here probably got paid $1800 for 5 days of sitting outside.

This may be obvious, but people realize there's going to be 22 more...right?
SHAPE must realize how insane this build is...how expensive can Lougheed get?

Early access VIP realtors and people did all right - people I know had access to 40s' of units and just peeled them out to clients early.
My realtor who probably makes easy 7 figures if not double digits lined up for her clients there lol..she spent the first night then they hired a security guard for $500 a night.

She said she had 40 clients buying all 1BR's so I'm not sure how that works in terms of her and partners lining up then buying 40 units?
Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #9006
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Failed 105 Times in 49 Posts
One thing I never quite understand when housing project are sold out within hours.

Why don't the developer just jack up the price more..??
Like...if I run a business with limited supply and people are buying out everything the minute it became available....I would jack up the price to the point they will sellout in days...not minutes.

It seems like all the buyers are going insane and think they are getting a great bargain price, why not just up the price another $20-30K? Seems like an easy way to make a few extra million in profit.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #9007

they probably do after the first wave of sales goes through

they arent going to jack up the price for somone who thinks they are paying X waiting outside for a week then when they get inside they are paying 30-40k more

or at least thats how i would think it works lol :/
Old 12-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #9008
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
One thing I never quite understand when housing project are sold out within hours.

Like...if I run a business with limited supply and people are buying out everything the minute it became available....I would jack up the price to the point they will sellout in days...not minutes.

It seems like all the buyers are going insane and think they are getting a great bargain price, why not just up the price another $20-30K? Seems like an easy way to make a few extra million in profit.
But they do.
This is why they sell things in phases.
Every time they release a new phase, prices will go up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:39 AM   #9009
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Oh great, property assessments are gonna way up in the Lower Mainland.

Warning of sharply higher Metro Vancouver home assessments - NEWS 1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – How much your home was worth on July 1st of 2016 will have a big impact on how much it cost you in 2017. There is a warning that your home assessment could be sharply higher when it comes out next month.

The BC Assessment Authority says 2017 property assessment values will reflect the market on July 1st, before sales and prices fell due to factors including the provincial government’s 15 per cent tax on foreign home buyers across the region.

The agency says a jump of 30 to 50 per cent will be typical for single-family homes in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Squamish, Burnaby, the Tri-Cities, Richmond and Surrey. While typical strata residential increases will be in the 15 to 30 per cent range. They’ll be based on the July 1st valuation.

The agency says commercial and industrial properties throughout the Greater Vancouver area will also see a big increase in the 10 to 30 per cent range, with properties being bought for eventual redevelopment often exceeding these ranges.

“It is important to understand that large increases in property assessments do not automatically translate into a corresponding increase in property taxes,” explains Assessor Jason Grant. “Your taxes are actually affected by your assessment changes compared to the average change in your community.”

July 1st of each year marks the date BC Assessment estimates the market value of homes and other properties as appraisers analyze current sales in the local area, as well as the size, age, quality, condition, view and location of the land.

Owners will get their annual property assessment notices in early January. This month, BC Assessment is sending people a courtesy notification to warn them if their assessment is going to be higher than expected.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:46 AM   #9010

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

Warning of sharply higher Metro Vancouver home assessments - NEWS 1130

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – How much your home was worth on July 1st of 2016 will have a big impact on how much it cost you in 2017. There is a warning that your home assessment could be sharply higher when it comes out next month.

The BC Assessment Authority says 2017 property assessment values will reflect the market on July 1st, before sales and prices fell due to factors including the provincial government’s 15 per cent tax on foreign home buyers across the region.

The agency says a jump of 30 to 50 per cent will be typical for single-family homes in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Squamish, Burnaby, the Tri-Cities, Richmond and Surrey. While typical strata residential increases will be in the 15 to 30 per cent range. They’ll be based on the July 1st valuation.

The agency says commercial and industrial properties throughout the Greater Vancouver area will also see a big increase in the 10 to 30 per cent range, with properties being bought for eventual redevelopment often exceeding these ranges.

“It is important to understand that large increases in property assessments do not automatically translate into a corresponding increase in property taxes,” explains Assessor Jason Grant. “Your taxes are actually affected by your assessment changes compared to the average change in your community.”

July 1st of each year marks the date BC Assessment estimates the market value of homes and other properties as appraisers analyze current sales in the local area, as well as the size, age, quality, condition, view and location of the land.

Owners will get their annual property assessment notices in early January. This month, BC Assessment is sending people a courtesy notification to warn them if their assessment is going to be higher than expected.
Are people actually suprised by this? Assessments are always a year behind. Just wait for the spring sales tactics. "Priced way below assessed value! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime deal!"
Old 12-06-2016, 10:00 AM   #9011

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Are people actually suprised by this? Assessments are always a year behind. Just wait for the spring sales tactics. "Priced way below assessed value! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime deal!"

I am a bit surprised that commercial and industrial property assessments will be dramatically higher too.

B.C. does really stand for Bring Cash.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #9012
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Yup.
Remember a few years back when everyone was like "you are asking how much for your place? But it is only assessed at $XXXXXX last year."
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #9013
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 25 Times in 10 Posts
They do. Being there as one of the buyers, I can tell you first hand that the prices change through out the day. Your cost/Sq Ft will cost more at the end of the day than the beginning for roughly the same unit type, that's why they never released detailed pricing for the units and only a price preview for a select 10 units out of the 550.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post

Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:28 AM   #9014
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
North Vancouver homeowners fight 361% increase in property assessment ? and lose - British Columbia - CBC News

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 AM   #9015
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
18k annual tax for a $4m. That's reasonabe. When I was onsite at Detroit, I was talking to my counterparts about housing prices. He mentioned that they have cheaper houses, but much higher in annual property taxes. One property we casually browsed via Zillow in a Detroit suburb was $1m with an annual tax of almost 20k.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:04 AM   #9016

Well yea, in Detroit they can't even keep their street lights on so obviously a large chunk of change has to be reclaimed from people who still own property there
Old 12-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #9017
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Let's call a duck a duck. The foreign buyer tax should have effectively just been called the Mainland Chinese buyer tax. That is what the people wanted, a group to blame and villify for this mess rightfully or wrongfully. The gov is just catering to what the people have been crying out for instead of fixing the actual problem at hand.
years ago there was a head tax to stop poor chinese immigrants, now there's a buyer tax to stop rich chinese immigrants...

reminds me of this growing up...

Spoiler!

ok i'm done channelling my inner gullulemon for the day...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #9018
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Anything to stay in office (plus other immigration policies on a Federal Level that could have potentially made our government tons of $$).

This should have been a decade ago. But then again, a considerable block of the active voters were making tons of money on paper with their property values skyrocketing. Also, no one could have predicted the China Money affecting real estate on a global scale after China entered the WTO.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:10 PM   #9019
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Failed 195 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
years ago there was a head tax to stop poor chinese immigrants, now there's a buyer tax to stop rich chinese immigrants...

Spoiler!

Good thing that if you're an immigrant, i.e. a permanent resident, you don't have to pay the tax right?

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2016, 10:27 PM   #9020
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 41 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

Spoiler!

Totally different cases. Back in the day, the Chinese were here to help build the country. Now adays, they're here to stash their money in real estate and contribute very little to Canadian society.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2016, 01:49 AM   #9021
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 113 Times in 59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
No they don't. A lot of the food in Europe is grown or produced in Europe.
Of course, there are times in the year where they need to import as does North America.
what's a lot?
so certain times of the year if they are importing they become a net producer or what?

EU has run a trade deficit on agri for the bulk of the last 30 years
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #9022
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts

Don't feel bad at all lol.. Article points out home owners who live in property have a way of being exempted. Reason why they are being charged extra tax. Is because they are using that property as rental income
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #9023
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Failed 62 Times in 24 Posts
Is it normal for landlords to charge extra per month for a pet? I always thought a pet deposit was good enough. A unit we're looking at is adding an additional $100/month for our puppy
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #9024

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
They can charge whatever they like if you haven't moved in yet. Pet owners get screwed. Honestly, they really should though. I love the furry little buggers, but it's hard enough to find a good tenant. Now you need to find a good tenant, who raised a good pup. If it's a puppy your lucky they are even acknowledging you. We all know the little guys aren't fully trained yet and can have accidents.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #9025
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
They can charge whatever they like if you haven't moved in yet. Pet owners get screwed. Honestly, they really should though. I love the furry little buggers, but it's hard enough to find a good tenant. Now you need to find a good tenant, who raised a good pup. If it's a puppy your lucky they are even acknowledging you. We all know the little guys aren't fully trained yet and can have accidents.
As much as I love puppies and dogs I will never rent my unit to a pet owner. There is a smell to them no matter how clean the dogs are (is normal) and the smell will sink in to the unit. Then you have pets who will chew the walls etc etc pee poo in the house. Is not their fault coz sometimes the owner doesn't give them enough to do to keep their mind busy or they are sick and just can't hold it any longer so they poo pee inside. This cause more smell.

If I have a dog that's a different story.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: