REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #10676
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Anyone up bright and early this Sunday morning? Heading out shortly to Coquitlam, PoCo and Port Moody to check out the areas to perhaps move in the near future from Kitsilano.

Areas to see, or avoid? I need a garage.
Looking for a detach or TH? Budget?

Poco inventory has dropped in the last month. 1500sqft (ish) TH's are in the 600-800 range and detached are right around $1m
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:19 PM   #10677
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Looking for a detach or TH? Budget?

Poco inventory has dropped in the last month. 1500sqft (ish) TH's are in the 600-800 range and detached are right around $1m
600 to 800sq shouldn't not be call a Townhome. Is an apartment. Heck even some 2 bedroom apartment is bigger than that.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #10678
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
600 to 800sq shouldn't not be call a Townhome. Is an apartment. Heck even some 2 bedroom apartment is bigger than that.
1500 square feet is 600k-800k
raysquared is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #10679
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Would like to go detached. 1 million is getting out of my comfort zone. With a suite I’d be willing to go 1.1, where there seems to be a large selection. Not opposed to a townhouse, but the price difference doesn’t seem worth it.

Fiancé would be working at city hall. Proximity to that, or a sky train station would be nice since we will be missing our Vancouver life.

We spent the morning touring around. I love westwood, especially with its proximity to what looks like mountain biking territory. I think it’s probably out of our budget though.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #10680
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
They are a few nice th listed in Vancouver area MP and kingsway area. Some just under and around 1 and 1.1

With new rules kicking in. Condo, th market may pick up more
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #10681

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
How does this affect those who are currently bought into presales that isn't completed till say after next year?
Same thing applies, having bought into a presale doesn't mean anything as the "stress test" will come when they apply for a mortgage next year.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"

Last edited by winson604; 10-22-2017 at 11:55 PM.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #10682
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 41 Times in 24 Posts
This is what our buddy NDP John said recently about housing:

"Housing is a critical component of many people's equity and their retirement prospects, and we want to make sure we don't adversely affect the marketplace."

Here's his promise in Aug.

https://roundhouseradio.com/2017/06/...ction-housing/
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:51 PM   #10683
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
While we are on the topic of traffic I am glad Moonbean might be kick of the office next election. His bike lane just sucks. Sure it MIGHT be helpful to people who live within 20mins of their work but to ingore other people who have no choice but to drive to work because they live in another city is just stupid. By closing roads for more bike lanes he cause more traffic jam for everyone even people who live in Vancouver. Our work is by a bike lane and even summer days I seen less than 20 bikes use it and I work at 7am so I can actually see if people are using the bike lanes to work.

Now he is saying he wants locals to be able to get in on pre sales apartments first. LOL. He have no authority to do that. It have to come from federal to pass such a law. What a clown.
Slightly off-topic but I drove through downtown today and saw asshole cyclists peddling on the road instead of travelling in their designated bike lane. Bike lanes indeed are bullshit.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:25 AM   #10684
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Slightly off-topic but I drove through downtown today and saw asshole cyclists peddling on the road instead of travelling in their designated bike lane. Bike lanes indeed are bullshit.
I don't get it cyclists does this all the time. There are bike lanes right beside the road yet they want to use the road or the sidewalks......

Is funny coz me and my co workers if we see cyclists on the side walks we would walk right in the center just to piss them off (coz they usually end up having to stop or ride on the bike lane like they are suppose to.)
Old 10-23-2017, 07:18 AM   #10685
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Would like to go detached. 1 million is getting out of my comfort zone. With a suite I’d be willing to go 1.1, where there seems to be a large selection. Not opposed to a townhouse, but the price difference doesn’t seem worth it.

Fiancé would be working at city hall. Proximity to that, or a sky train station would be nice since we will be missing our Vancouver life.

We spent the morning touring around. I love westwood, especially with its proximity to what looks like mountain biking territory. I think it’s probably out of our budget though.
Meadowbrook is probably your best bet for detached homes under a million. Ugly houses and small lots but it's land. In 30-40 years, I can see the lots in Meadowbrook being assembled once Coquitlam Centre's parking lot is converted to condos.

Eagle Ridge is another area where detached with suites are hovering around 1.1 million.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 AM   #10686

Quote:

When we were in your situation, we opted for the TH. We didn't want to sacrifice quality of life (entertainment, cars, vacation, etc) for a detach. We could easily afford any fluctuations in mortgage rates and attached properties will always move faster when it comes time to sell. Of course, I sacrificed having my own property, to do with as I pleased but I also value being liquid. Our property has also appreciated at a considerably higher rate than a detach (90% vs 65% in my area).

We're just riding things out right now, til the right detach presents itself. This place more than suits our needs and at the end of the day, is just a means to an end.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 AM   #10687
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
My first place was a Townhouse and I like it. The only hit or miss thing with a town-home is your neighbors and the people running your strata. It's a variable that's unknown until you actually move in, if you have good neighbors and a decent strata life can be good if you don't than you can really hate where you live.

You obviously can run into the same situation in a house with neighbors but there is a bit more space between.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:37 AM   #10688

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
My first place was a Townhouse and I like it. The only hit or miss thing with a town-home is your neighbors and the people running your strata. It's a variable that's unknown until you actually move in, if you have good neighbors and a decent strata life can be good if you don't than you can really hate where you live.

You obviously can run into the same situation in a house with neighbors but there is a bit more space between.
+1 in my apartment the people living to the left side loves to party. I coulnd't hear what's going on in their units but when they open the door you could hear loud talking and music. They also smoke in their so you can smell it in the hallway. I put a notice in Chinese saying this is a non smoking building by the elevator with a can air refresher tape on their door. After that no more smelly hallway.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #10689
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
https://omny.fm/shows/the-jon-mccomb...s-housing-plan

Quote:
"Is it too much work for you?"

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #10690
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Detached lots are an endangered species in Metro Vancouver, so going forward, their long term value is going to be strong. Once millennials tire of the condo lifestyle, they will follow the path of their parents and upgrade to ground oriented housing: detached for the wealthy millennials and townhouses for the middle class peons. My friends with children in their 30s for the most part have detached houses, or are looking to acquire one as condos have gone through the roof.

With that said, townhouses are a good compromise if you don't plan to have children but have a bunch of hobbies that take up space and/or you have a busy lifestyle.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #10691

I take that personally. I grew up in townhouses, I turned out just fine

Mind you, I don't know how to cut the lawn. hahahaha Kind of joking.

We could afford a detached and still not be too stretched. I am just a very cautious individual financially. I quite like the idea of a townhouse. Low maintenance is great in my eyes. I don't want a strata down my throat though(I've never had an issue but...). I also agree with Tapioca, where as i'm looking at this as an investment and in the end, a piece of land is going to be a stronger investment.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #10692
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Imagine if Vancouverites put all the time, money, and energy they put into housing and instead into something creative or innovative.

We could be the next San Francisco! NYC! Hong Kong!

Oh...

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #10693
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 98 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
While we are on the topic of traffic I am glad Moonbean might be kick of the office next election. His bike lane just sucks. Sure it MIGHT be helpful to people who live within 20mins of their work but to ingore other people who have no choice but to drive to work because they live in another city is just stupid. By closing roads for more bike lanes he cause more traffic jam for everyone even people who live in Vancouver. Our work is by a bike lane and even summer days I seen less than 20 bikes use it and I work at 7am so I can actually see if people are using the bike lanes to work.
If you have a bike you should try it. Way more relaxing than the drive from downtown back to metrotown and I left downtown at 1PM. Takes about 45 mins.

I started work at 5am for 10 years and my commute to downtown was just me and pretty much 4 other cars lol. But when I head home at 1pm, it's a traffic jam. Where were these people at 5am? How come they're off work already? This drove me crazy everyday.

This summer I started riding in for 6am and I pass (or am passed by) at least 5 people just on the Dunsmuir part so it's definitely more than 20 people riding the whole day on that route.

Can't beat them, join them.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #10694

Quote:
I also agree with Tapioca, where as i'm looking at this as an investment and in the end, a piece of land is going to be a stronger investment.
Not sure how much I agree with this. I could've bought 2 TH's for the cost of a detach at the time. Within 18 months they were worth close to double, whereas the detaches only went up 60-70%. If I rented one, it would be revenue neutral and anytime I was ready to sell, it'd go pretty quick. Larger market in the sub 800 range vs 1.1M+. Plus it leaves you with more options.

RSUV #7
Old 10-23-2017, 10:15 AM   #10695
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Imagine if Vancouverites put all the time, money, and energy they put into housing and instead into something creative or innovative.

We could be the next San Francisco! NYC! Hong Kong!

Oh...
Yea, we are creating the world's most fucked up RE market

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #10696

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
If you have a bike you should try it. Way more relaxing than the drive from downtown back to metrotown and I left downtown at 1PM. Takes about 45 mins.

I started work at 5am for 10 years and my commute to downtown was just me and pretty much 4 other cars lol. But when I head home at 1pm, it's a traffic jam. Where were these people at 5am? How come they're off work already? This drove me crazy everyday.

This summer I started riding in for 6am and I pass (or am passed by) at least 5 people just on the Dunsmuir part so it's definitely more than 20 people riding the whole day on that route.

Can't beat them, join them.
I still like skytrain better. I can nap while on it (usually I can find a seat in the morning).

If you see a guy walking along Central Blvd in a black or green jacket with headphones on, hands in the pocket in the morning is most likely me.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #10697
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Westbank pre-sold nearly 1 in 4 Kensington Garden condos — heavily marketed overseas — to flippers

shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #10698
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
I would say 2+ BR condos and TH's is the new norm for a lot of people moving forward and that's where you're going to see long term growth in prices and rent.

The thing about old Vancouver houses is if you want a house in a desirable neighborhood you'll be paying well over $1.5m+, plus a lot of these houses are tear down ready so if you don't have the funds to new build a new house you're basically looking at a massive renovation project.

Putting money into a renovation for a tear down type home is OK if you're going to live there for the next 10+ years but if you're looking to flip it it's a waste because the buyer of that house will most likely be a builder.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #10699

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Not sure how much I agree with this. I could've bought 2 TH's for the cost of a detach at the time. Within 18 months they were worth close to double, whereas the detaches only went up 60-70%. If I rented one, it would be revenue neutral and anytime I was ready to sell, it'd go pretty quick. Larger market in the sub 800 range vs 1.1M+. Plus it leaves you with more options.
I agree with you short term. Perhaps that is the way I should go for the initial move. But as the price gap between detached and attached get closer and closer, at some point the trends will change.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #10700

Quote:
I agree with you short term. Perhaps that is the way I should go for the initial move. But as the price gap between detached and attached get closer and closer, at some point the trends will change.
Yeah, this was a 2-5 year plan, depending on what the market and banks do.

RSUV #7