REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #10751
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
^^ LOL fine then right after the leases is up people will just get new tenants if they want to increase rent. Also landlord needs to have more power. If a tenant doesn't pay rent landlord should be able to kick the tenants out right away and not wait for months and even then the process takes so long.

Maybe the oversea investor will be more open to renting their empty units out if they have more power in kicking out tenants who doens't pay or trash their place.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #10752
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
All that damage is going to get way worse down the road since it’s just bubbling away from the MDF..shitty deal

In regards to the turn around for cabinets, like BlackGSR said, cabinet companies are slow in the best of times and when construction is as busy as it is, it’s goinf to take even longer.

Even in the construction phase it wasn’t uncommon for a cabinet company to take a month to bring us the cabinet/door we needed, it was a joke. We would have to take from units under construction to put into a unit that as being turned over and continue god process from unit to unit until they’d have the part we needed..
Old 10-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #10753
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
B.C. announces legislation to close fixed-term rental loophole - British Columbia - CBC News

So it looks like the NDP is doing something on the housing file. But the way this legislation is written, it appears that it may have unintended consequences. I don't know if the government can alter all existing rental contracts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
^^ LOL fine then right after the leases is up people will just get new tenants if they want to increase rent. Also landlord needs to have more power. If a tenant doesn't pay rent landlord should be able to kick the tenants out right away and not wait for months and even then the process takes so long.
Finding new tenants is the obvious solution to counter the so-called "loophole". And if legislation is written such that this practice is not allowed, that would only create dis-incentives for (potential or otherwise) landlords to offer up their units for rent. This means reduced supply, and a further worsening of the low rental vacancy / high rent problem.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2017, 10:55 AM   #10754
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 16 Times in 6 Posts
Little bit off-topic but I was wondering if anyone can reccomend TD home insurance or had any good/bad experience with them?

This years renewal form 'the cooperators' insurance was quite shocking, my policy went up quite a bit even though I had no claims. When I called them they said this common because value of houses have gone up and there were a lot of claims.

I shopped around and TD seems to provide the highest coverage and with best price.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:06 AM   #10755

So renoing our one and only bathroom in our house right now lol.. and the guys somehow got this cast tub out in one peice.

Anyways, our house was built in 1908 and had been in my wife’s family for last 35 years give or take, they always had the same terrible bathroom with the separate tub/sink and water closet and this tub in place:

Roll it over and on the bottom I’m assuming this is the year of manufacture lol:

Seen two world wars and 116 years of use! Quality tub! Lol
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #10756
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Well I wasn't the one who cause the issue. The person who install dish washer didn't do his job right.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...k2dWRyRUU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...BaYmRvUnM/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...dQbVpEeDg/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1A...ZuX3JtWHM/view

There are actually more damages I just didn't bother to take more pictures coz I find out the flood around 2am.
in reality that's not "a lot of damage" not by a long shot

I guarantee you will not be getting the full cabinet replaced. They might cut that piece out and infill with a new one.
blkgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #10757
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
sell that tub to an antique shop

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #10758
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Restore the tub!
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #10759
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
damn did that tub take shrapnel from a Nazi mortar or something?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM   #10760

Ended up just giving it away to some fucking clown that drove up on my lawn to load it...

There are quite a few cast iron tubs on craigslist for 100-200, i was sick of seeing it so tried to list for $60, no takers so just gave it away

without destroying it was no real way to keep any part of it which it would be remebered by lol
Old 10-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #10761
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
https://www.straight.com/news/987251...-and-west-57th
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #10762
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 182 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
So thats how Ghetto's started in the states.....
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:55 AM   #10763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Finding new tenants is the obvious solution to counter the so-called "loophole". And if legislation is written such that this practice is not allowed, that would only create dis-incentives for (potential or otherwise) landlords to offer up their units for rent. This means reduced supply, and a further worsening of the low rental vacancy / high rent problem.
Apparently, evicting the existing tenant is not allowed under the proposed legislation:

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...ticle36743257/

Quote:
The bill, expected to pass next month, would mean landlords would only be able to evict a renter if they are moving a family member into the unit or doing renovations.
So let's see -- dis-incentives for the landlords to rent out their suites --> less rental housing supply --> higher rental housing prices

Sounds like the proposed legislation is having the exact opposite effect of what it intends to do...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2017, 03:58 AM   #10764
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
I would rather see developers put up temporary modular homes for homeless on sites waiting for redevelopment as opposed to throwing a few raised plant beds in just to get a property tax rate reduction. That is one loophole that needs to be changed!
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2017, 04:07 AM   #10765

Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post
I would rather see developers put up temporary modular homes for homeless on sites waiting for redevelopment as opposed to throwing a few raised plant beds in just to get a property tax rate reduction. That is one loophole that needs to be changed!
Not going to work -- any homeless person staying at this "temporary" site is not going to want to move when the time comes. There'll be protests, mass picketing, bleeding heart libtard demonstrators -- the whole 9 yards. No sensible developer is going to want to put up with that shxt.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2017, 07:37 AM   #10766
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Apparently, evicting the existing tenant is not allowed under the proposed legislation:

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...ticle36743257/

So let's see -- dis-incentives for the landlords to rent out their suites --> less rental housing supply --> higher rental housing prices

Sounds like the proposed legislation is having the exact opposite effect of what it intends to do...
that's just stupid. Lets say I don't like the tenants currnetly coz he keeps smoking and leaving the cigs butts all over or he keeps getting noise complain from other neighbor, or even he keeps parking at the wrong parking stall or throw the garbage at the wrong bin in an apartment and I end up paying the fine.

Coz all of those things I just mention happen to a friend's tenant when he rent his apartment out. After the lease is up my friend did not sign any lease with him anymore.

People are going to start putting so much crap on their lease so if tenants broke any one of the rules they can be kick out or simply those who don't need the rental income just won't rent or setup an AirBnB which is easier to deal with.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #10767
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post
or we let them camp there because they don't like to conform to anything given to them by the guberment

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #10768

Going forward, I think the landlord is going to have to rely on a lot of other clauses -- perhaps stuff in the RTA, or sub-regs they've added onto the tenancy agreement -- in order to evict a tenant. No smoking clauses, no pet clauses, safety and health cleanliness clauses, etc. It's gonna be a major PITA.

I have a very good tenant now -- he takes good care of my suite; he fixes up little things here and there on his own, and he may or may not ask me to pay for it (even though it should be my responsibility to cover those), he rarely bothers me unless it is something major, etc. I am not complaining at all even though I'm pretty sure his rent is at least a bit below the going market price. But when he eventually leaves, I'm not sure if I want to bother with the trouble of finding another tenant to replace him, given all the bs that I'll have to put up with. Not being allowed the option to not renew a term contract takes away one of the few remaining protections that I have for myself as a landlord.

My parents have had to deal with a very messy eviction in the past, and it was a major PITA. I've had to deal with a troublesome tenant twice, and I was glad my termed contract was there to protect me both times so that I didn't have to continue renting to them when the lease term was finished.

I hope my interpretation or the news article's interpretation of the proposed legislation is wrong. It would be absurd if the landlord don't even have the option to not renew the lease just because they don't want to anymore.
Quote:
that's just stupid. Lets say I don't like the tenants currnetly coz he keeps smoking and leaving the cigs butts all over or he keeps getting noise complain from other neighbor, or even he keeps parking at the wrong parking stall or throw the garbage at the wrong bin in an apartment and I end up paying the fine.

Coz all of those things I just mention happen to a friend's tenant when he rent his apartment out. After the lease is up my friend did not sign any lease with him anymore.

People are going to start putting so much crap on their lease so if tenants broke any one of the rules they can be kick out or simply those who don't need the rental income just won't rent or setup an AirBnB which is easier to deal with.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2017, 11:39 AM   #10769

Good tenants will always be welcome by landlord and doesn't want them to leave or raise rent. My parents have no reasons with all their tenants and hardly raise rent. Last tenant we had we rented out the basement suite to them for $900 utilities included, it was way under market price (I think it was around $1200 with no utilities in the area). But they were good tenants, help us with the yard work, take the garbage, shovel the snow.

From what I gather so far with the new policy unless the tenants want to leave the landlord can not sign a lease with another tenant unless family move in or they are doing reno. Basically if you have a crappy tenants you will most likely never be able to kick them out.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #10770
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I love westwood, especially with its proximity to what looks like mountain biking territory. I think it’s probably out of our budget though.
Heritage mountain in pomo and burke mt in coq are both great options to get some quality riding in...way less busy on the trails too compared to North Van if that's what you're after. And of course the communities are nice too for the previously mentioned demographic reasons

Heritage mountain has a number of detached house sized town houses, they were in the 800's last I checked.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #10771
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I would have Pinterest the shit out of that tub. What a beauty!
Old 10-31-2017, 06:54 AM   #10772
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/10/3...ampaign=301017

This one has been making the rounds on social media. The tl;dr is that Vancouver has changed for the worst and that she chose sanity by leaving rather trying to grind it out.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2017, 11:16 AM   #10773
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
@hud91

Flat lot, lane access (future garage), easily suitable. Although I prefer the south side, still a decent deal if it doesn't go too far over ask.

https://www.locatehomes.ca/bc-real-e...3?id=262239928

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #10774

I know Beggars can’t be choosers but man, I can’t stand split level homes
Old 10-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #10775
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Only split entrance. Elevate the entrance to the second floor. Lose the interior stairway.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote