REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #12676
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acurapinoy View Post
Goodluck Funnel! Curious... did you offer them below the asking or over the asking? Just wondering since they accepted your condition to sell yours . Was their property been sitting a while?

And goodluck to you as well Nabatron. I still see townhomes being sold for a solid price indeed.
First offer I made was 40k lower than the asking with a lot of subject. Buyer came back saying no and they basically said no they are looking for over asking since someone was asking bidding. I offer then 18k lower than their asking and remove a lot of subject (including financial) and it got accepted. I think it really depends on the area, if someone is also bidding against you and your subject.

Nicer units with better locations, directions, rental/owner.... all comes into play when you put in your offer. I seen units that's so bad even the seller's agent said this unit needs to spend some money for reno and seller is willing to pay part of it(most of them are rental units though).

Off topic: For those who live or owned and apartment do I have let the strata know/apply for approval if I am changing carpets in the bedroom. Basically the unit I bought already have carpets in the bedroom and I just want to replace them with newer carpets. Was thinking of hardwood but in the winter it seems nicer to have carpets and also with hardwood the strata is stingy as it can get they even have requirements on what type of hardwood floor you have use, how thick it is etc etc..... I know putting in carpet is a lot easier as it doesn't require much work, just rip the old ones out and put in new ones.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #12677
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Question for you guys....Better to rent out a 1 bed room condo for income for life or say fuck it and sell the entire condo in one sump of payment with little more than you paid for it.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #12678
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
Question for you guys....Better to rent out a 1 bed room condo for income for life or say fuck it and sell the entire condo in one sump of payment with little more than you paid for it.
DEPENDS if you need the cash now or no and how much you can rent for? Can the rent cover the strata fee/insurance/property tax etc etc. Will the price of the place go up?

I mean if the rent can cover all of the fees and stuff you you can see the price will increase in the next 7 years I say keep it and rent it out through a rental agency. Sell it later when price is high. If the place is sold for what I pay before I would just rent it out.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #12679
G
Banned (BBM)

Failed 86 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
Good luck to you. Townhomes still sell fairly well in this market.

I paid my 2/3 deposit for my presale unit in River District today. Its not looking like a very lucrative investment now unfortunately.
Avalon 3? It's a long-term investment there for sure, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Theres still a lot of other towers to be sold still so the price will be a bit higher.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:33 PM   #12680
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
you can see the price will increase in the next 7 years
please tell me what crystal ball you use to see price fluctuations for the next 7 years.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #12681
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Avalon 3? It's a long-term investment there for sure, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Theres still a lot of other towers to be sold still so the price will be a bit higher.
Currents not Avalon 3. Yeah that's my mindset right now.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:52 AM   #12682

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I just went to 3 open houses over the weekend for apartments in East van. 2 have been listed for 2-4 weeks, apparently owner wants over asking or at least asking and rejected the 1-2 offers received. I'm surprised I don't see more assignments being dumped
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:08 AM   #12683
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Off topic: For those who live or owned and apartment do I have let the strata know/apply for approval if I am changing carpets in the bedroom. Basically the unit I bought already have carpets in the bedroom and I just want to replace them with newer carpets. Was thinking of hardwood but in the winter it seems nicer to have carpets and also with hardwood the strata is stingy as it can get they even have requirements on what type of hardwood floor you have use, how thick it is etc etc..... I know putting in carpet is a lot easier as it doesn't require much work, just rip the old ones out and put in new ones.
It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness then permission, I wouldn't ask.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #12684
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Being a realtor takes no skill or effort anyways. Glorified car salesman.
I did my own research and gave the comission to my one of a thousand realtor friends.
As someone who holds a license, own business, and also a customer myself I have to admit there are a lot of bad ones out there with who are clueless. 20,000+ out there, there are bound to be bad ones.
I've used some bad ones to save a dime (errors & omission insurance does not cover myself), never again!! Those are the ones doing <10 deals a year - not worth it to save $1-3K which is an expense anyways on capital gains when its tax time. Not worth it IMO.

For the power houses that do 50+ I can't say there's no skill or luck. On average $10K commission per house and overhead expenses of $50-100K that's still net $300K+ commission.

Show me a no brainer job that pays $200K+ without skill and clearly I'm wasting time with this real estate hustle.
You can only do so much research without MLS data as a retail buyer, exception being commercial and rural markets where small sample size. I'd still gladly pay for access and expertise.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #12685
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
I doubt it
There are thousands of housing transaction every day.
Vast majority of it are people buying & selling their principle residence so there is no tax implication.

i'd think most condo assignment would be considered investment, so you need to pay tax on gain like you do when buying & selling stocks
You'd think so, but manager at Richmond H&R on No3 & Westminster (90% Asian traffic) guy was at a loss as he's only done 1-2 capital gain on sale of assignments in 10+ years there. Show you how much CRA is looking to rake it in on...

Concord's projects were all as of last week BANNED from Assignment. Freaked people out (dropped listing prices galore). ARC, W1, Avenue One, Concord Brentwood... due to CRA tax reviews.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #12686
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Good luck to you. Townhomes still sell fairly well in this market.

I paid my 2/3 deposit for my presale unit in River District today. Its not looking like a very lucrative investment now unfortunately.
Good thing with Wesgroup is they don't allow assignments to third parties until completion so most buyers go in knowing they can mortgage/pay out completion. Less speculative than most developers approach.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #12687

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
Concord's projects were all as of last week BANNED from Assignment. Freaked people out (dropped listing prices galore). ARC, W1, Avenue One, Concord Brentwood... due to CRA tax reviews.
Can see Li ka Shing swearing in canto.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #12688
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness then permission, I wouldn't ask.
Strata can force you to revert all unapproved modifications on your own dime. Asking for permission involves about 5 minutes of paperwork. I personally wouldn't risk it. When I had the flooring redone in my unit all the contractors I talked to had asked if strata gave the ok first.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:57 PM   #12689
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Strata can force you to revert all unapproved modifications on your own dime. Asking for permission involves about 5 minutes of paperwork. I personally wouldn't risk it. When I had the flooring redone in my unit all the contractors I talked to had asked if strata gave the ok first.
Yeah I like my way better. I've lived in a strata before, I changed all my floors jack hammered tile when I had someone below me in a carriage style townhouse and zero fucks given. I'm a nice neighbor so I let the lady below me know there might be some noise.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #12690
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
Good thing with Wesgroup is they don't allow assignments to third parties until completion so most buyers go in knowing they can mortgage/pay out completion. Less speculative than most developers approach.
My developer is Polygon though and I know they allow assignments before completion. Probably not going to assign anyway.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #12691
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea. Spend a few minutes and just call your strata to be safe. It should be fine though but all stratas are different so might as well check
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #12692
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Those who are are holding out and looking for above asking are probably going to HODL until it's worth more. Even if gains have slowed down massively.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #12693

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
yep, theres always the asshole grumpy hermit person that will report you.

make sure to clean up after

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #12694
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I read home prices went down about 0.4% from July 2018 vs 2017. Time to celebrate!
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #12695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acurapinoy View Post
Yea. Spend a few minutes and just call your strata to be safe. It should be fine though but all stratas are different so might as well check
I am going to email them again I know hardwood you have to get approval not sure about carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
yep, theres always the asshole grumpy hermit person that will report you.

make sure to clean up after
Just reading the minutes I already have a feeling there are some grumpy/stingy people living there already. There are a more than a few times where people complain about noise level. I am sorry but you are living in an apartment there are going to noise around you. As long as is not too bad and actually cause issue with your sleeping who cares. In my current I know the people living below have a dog which always barks around 11pm to mid night. Doesn't bother me to a point I need to complain. I also hear people leaving around mid night on the floor and some noise as they are leaving. Doesn't bother me coz I am too lazy to change out of pj to tell them or write an email to complain about it.

There are also reports of people getting fine smoking in their balcony (lol in my building over 70% of the people smoke their balcony) or people not seprating their garbage. I always how they know who isn't seperating their garbage unless they put camera inside the compactor since must people put their garbage in a bag it will be impossible to tell what's inside the bag unless someone physically opens the bag after is been in the compactor...
Old 08-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #12696

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
My developer is Polygon though and I know they allow assignments before completion. Probably not going to assign anyway.
Hello new neighbour
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #12697
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 56 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I just went to 3 open houses over the weekend for apartments in East van. 2 have been listed for 2-4 weeks, apparently owner wants over asking or at least asking and rejected the 1-2 offers received. I'm surprised I don't see more assignments being dumped
People can be greedy fucks sometimes! I mean I can understand if the seller maybe has a few properties and is stubborn. They have to realize market right now is slow and different then what it is a year ago. But asking for over asking price or at least asking is just greedy.

Going to be interesting to see how my open house goes on Saturday, kind of want to gauge how the market is and if anyone will show up lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #12698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
People can be greedy fucks sometimes! I mean I can understand if the seller maybe has a few properties and is stubborn. They have to realize market right now is slow and different then what it is a year ago. But asking for over asking price or at least asking is just greedy.

Going to be interesting to see how my open house goes on Saturday, kind of want to gauge how the market is and if anyone will show up lol
You will have people come over. There are people just walk by/drove by saw the sign and just want to check things out. I did it to the open house happening in my building and the building beside it. Doesn't mean I am going to buy or interested it though.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #12699
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #12700
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
big news.

NZ formally bans foreign home buyers
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: