REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #12926
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Wow, $1,500/sqft. Is there any reason why someone would want a $700k 1 br condo there rather than downtown.
Yeah but not everyone wants to live downtown. Noise, poverty, crime, it's not all its cracked up to be.
Advertisement
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #12927
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Yeah but not everyone wants to live downtown. Noise, poverty, crime, it's not all its cracked up to be.
I approve of this Freudian slip
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #12928
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Yea cause none of that will be around this oak ridge development once there’s 20 towers there..

Edit* in fact, I’d argue developments like this are even worse for those issues because the development itself is the epi center for all that as opposed to the downtown core being the center. The drug dealers, whores, etc are all in a few block radius as opposed to scattered throughout the large area of DT, bums, drug users etc congregate in the parks and alleys around this development because that’s where the people and money is. Outside of that core development there’s nothing for them. It’s not profitable to walk around single family neighborhoods that surround the area.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2018, 11:32 AM   #12929
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
I prefer my upscale shopping mall where patrons piss in the garbage receptacle, thank you very much
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2018, 01:02 PM   #12930
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:
And the needles, used condoms, panties, human poop in the stairs exit....
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #12931
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 56 Times in 36 Posts
I would like to see how the lower mainland will be in the next 10 years....with the amount of places being built and going up like hotcakes I wonder if it will turn into new York? I mean it is getting to the point where prices of condos are going that trend. Will be interesting to see if they will expand highways, have better transit, better pay with the increasing times lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:57 PM   #12932
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
That Oakridge development is going to be the biggest shithole in the city. All the garbage of DT with none of the culture, nightlife or restaurants.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:59 PM   #12933

there's plenty of culture

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7132...gger-bowl.html
Old 08-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #12934
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
I would like to see how the lower mainland will be in the next 10 years....with the amount of places being built and going up like hotcakes I wonder if it will turn into new York? I mean it is getting to the point where prices of condos are going that trend. Will be interesting to see if they will expand highways, have better transit, better pay with the increasing times lol
For sure pay won't increase. I doubt the gov will invest in expanding our roads/highways there is too many parties involve(city,prov and then fed levels). They might build more bike lanes though........ Transit plan right now is set to expand LRT in Surrey and skytrain from broadway station to UBC and that's about it.

There isn't any plan to expand public transit to Port Moody, Port Coq, Detla, Langely etc etc.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #12935
nah

Failed 41 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
For sure pay won't increase. I doubt the gov will invest in expanding our roads/highways there is too many parties involve(city,prov and then fed levels). They might build more bike lanes though........ Transit plan right now is set to expand LRT in Surrey and skytrain from broadway station to UBC and that's about it.

There isn't any plan to expand public transit to Port Moody, Port Coq, Detla, Langely etc etc.
Plus any major infrastructure project here takes 3x what it takes anywhere else in the world.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #12936
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:

Wages are starting to climb in certain sectors, notably tech.

Expanding bike infrastructure makes sense because there is simply no more room in most urban areas to expand the road network.

LRT is going to be extended to Langley in the next decade. Delta will never get any rapid transit as its residential areas are too geographically isolated from the rest of Metro. Port Coquitlam will likely get Skytrain sometime over the next 20 years as the stub for an extension eastward was built with the Evergreen line.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #12937

if there's no active dialogue on it...it's not realistically gonna happen for at least another 15 years

Canada Line was an exception because of the firm deadline...and to be honest is a bit of a joke...2 cabins per train, becomes absolutely worthless when it snows more than an inch...port mann ice bombs is probably preferable

can't say I've taken west coast express in my life..are seats hard to come by? power naps are important

Last edited by twitchyzero; 08-26-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:19 PM   #12938
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Personally, I think the pace of bike lane building is going to slow down quite a bit -- Moonbeam is heading out the door, and I think there is now enough backlash against bike lanes (eg. think outside VGH) that CoV City Hall is going to approach the issue more carefully. And most importantly, all the hipster places already have bike lanes, so it's like, where else can they squeeze them in?
Quote:
Quote:
If I were a rich and betting man in Vancouver and Burnaby, I'd go out and scoop up all available detached homes on the major roads. There is little doubt that these 2 City Halls have their eyes (and wallets) set on increasing density, and the already trending and preferred method is to convert single detached homes into higher density residences. In CoV, especially, it is already happened across the board.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #12939

T-minus 4 days before subjects are removed...one of their subjects was a home inspection and home insurance. Does anyone know what a home inspection requires? like what are they looking for ect...also subject to home insurance was a weird one. From what I recall wouldn't you get home insurance once u start living in the home?
Old 08-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #12940
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Those clauses are essentially a get out of jail free card. You could get your inspector to say there is X wrong and they no longer want to buy it.

However, if you were already in that deep I’d say it’s a rarity to pull such BS
Old 08-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #12941

they in deep to the point where they accepted an offer on their condo and are waiting for subjects to be removed on their place....
Old 08-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #12942
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Just saw Acorn (small presales) trying to give away Mini Cooper for 2BR and up *select presales, $700K. Maybe the base $30K one, but still!
Last time I saw a townhouse unit giving away something it was a Nissan $10K hatchback. Must be trying to hit their construction and presales milestones.

Acorn - on Duke. $850/ft lowrise woodframe buildings. Near 29th / Nanaimo / Kingsway. Out now, will post screen cap later.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #12943
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
T-minus 4 days before subjects are removed...one of their subjects was a home inspection and home insurance.
Home insurance is 99% approved unless you want to buy earthquake or high liability insurance or home is collector status type special circumstances. Square One and online BCAA ones essentially quote based on computer generated rates these days.

Like Hondaracer says, any SUBJECTS in CPS contract means if buyers aren't satisfied they can drop the contract with no recourse by sellers.

Home inspections - comprehensive list of inspection of visible state of building - they can't possibly see roof and peel away walls obviously. Will generate comparable value of area, rental income (if applicable), replacement value of unit (for insurance & banks to ensure value LTV is in check). Again, buyers can say they found damages they weren't aware of before and re-negotiate terms of the contract (pricing) or walk altogether. Good luck!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 05:31 PM   #12944

Yeah hoping the home inspector is not a dick cheese...place is only 4 years old so not sure what they would be looking at...some people say they just check the foundation others say they go thru the house and check faucets/shitters to see if they work. Would they go through appliances to see if they work to or that even on their list?
Old 08-28-2018, 05:43 PM   #12945
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Yeah hoping the home inspector is not a dick cheese...place is only 4 years old so not sure what they would be looking at...some people say they just check the foundation others say they go thru the house and check faucets/shitters to see if they work. Would they go through appliances to see if they work to or that even on their list?
Appliances crapping out or about to?
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #12946
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
u want a shitty one and not a legit one like that youtube guy

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #12947

Quote:
I'm on the other side of the process and the home inspection is absolutely critical (at least for old detached homes), they're super detailed and will nitpick everything ie. grounding in all the outlets, the front steps are more than 3 steps = railing recommended, landscaping/plants shouldnt' be on the sidings, etc...I picked the most basic inspection and it was still almost 50 pages long
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #12948
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
How much are the 2Br at AcorN?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #12949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Appliances crapping out or about to?

no was just wondering what they even look for whether is appliances, flooring, washrooms don't really know what they are looking at lol....huge visible crack in the wall? shit like that I guess..
Old 08-28-2018, 07:54 PM   #12950
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
I'm on the other side of the process and the home inspection is absolutely critical (at least for old detached homes), they're super detailed and will nitpick everything ie. grounding in all the outlets, the front steps are more than 3 steps = railing recommended, landscaping/plants shouldnt' be on the sidings, etc...I picked the most basic inspection and it was still almost 50 pages long
Mine was like 4 pages long for an apartment. Not much to test but still there are a few things I didn't know before the inspectiion .
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote