REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #13026
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
With large transactions shouldnt you have confirm the proper means of this goin smoothly with your banks and lawyer.

I hope you weren't trying for avoid the $7 service fee for a money order.
Advertisement
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #13027
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
million dollar check

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #13028
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
To be clear... your lawyer gave you a cheque instead of a draft or guaranteed funds? Assuming that's the case, your lawyer is a moron - of course banks are not going to take a risk over a non-guaranteed cheque for an amount that is way higher than you normally deal with. It's common sense - the bank is taking risk on the transaction and if it ever went sideways, you don't have nearly enough to make it whole.

It might be frustrating, but that is absolutely why both your realtor will require YOU to provide your deposit in certified funds and also why any competent law firm will do the same back for you.

-Mark
I triple check with my lawyer because what he give was just a regular cheque. He ensure me that's fine because is from a lawyer office. At least I won't going with him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
With large transactions shouldnt you have confirm the proper means of this goin smoothly with your banks and lawyer.

I hope you weren't trying for avoid the $7 service fee for a money order.
I even paid the $15 certifed fee to make sure is fine but it didn't lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #13029
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I triple check with my lawyer because what he give was just a regular cheque. He ensure me that's fine because is from a lawyer office. At least I won't going with him again.
Dafuq?! This lawyer really is an idiot.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #13030
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Hope everything goes well.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #13031
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

I even paid the $15 certifed fee to make sure is fine but it didn't lol.

A cheque drawn from the lawyer's trust account is supposed to be as good as cash but sometimes banks will give you a hard time especially for larger amounts. But if you paid to have the trust cheque certified then he should have certified it.

I always ask if clients need the funds right away and if they do then they should have us get a bank draft for them.

Next time go to a different lawyer instead

Last edited by Energy; 09-04-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #13032
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
But if you paid to have the trust cheque certified then he should have certified it.
In my experience, even if it is certified, on one bank's side. If it's with a different bank, it's as if it wasn't even certified. So you'd have to pay for your bank's certification too.

Or maybe it's just BMO being BMO ._.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #13033
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
If we are depositing money for a client with a bank draft and for some reason the bank says they will put a hold then we talk nicely with the manager or our contact at the bank and explain the situation and that is normally enough because of our relationship with them. Or if the client has a relationship with a banker then they can sort it out too.

Luckily most people are ok with waiting a few days and I haven't encountered the situation where a client needed money ASAP and was unable to access it.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #13034
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
At RBC, they stopped doing the call to the other bank to verify funds. Although if you know a banker / branch manager, that seems to be the best way to bypass it.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:50 PM   #13035
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

^^ That's why I did call my branch manager and have the hold remove. If they haven't called me about this earlier in the morning I wouldn't even know and it would have been a really big issue next time.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #13036
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 42 Times in 9 Posts
I'd fire that lawyer.... Seriously wtf..
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #13037

HE is semi retired anyways. From what I heard he will fully retire by end of this year.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #13038
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
A suite VS paying strata is like a $18,000 a year swing into the red..

Imo if all things are equal and a detached with a suite is 100-200k more than a townhome (regardless of age really, you deal with the home) you are absolutely insane to not take the detached money maker. It makes zero sense long term to dump literally a hundred grand into strata fees over the term of ownership as opposed to making a hundred k in the first 4-5 years of rental income.
I agree from a financial point of view, having income generating options is preferable. But there are also factors to consider beyond just the finances, depending on your lifestage and preferences/values.

I also agree that like for like, similar area, aged, and sized townhouse vs a detached house with suite, even with a price delta of 250k, financially speaking you should absolutely choose the detached property. But even out in the Tricities, 250k extra isn't enough to buy into that sort of detached property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Land is king.
Much more room for a detach to start running up in price again
I think that's questionable for the short to mid future, and even long term. The reason why condos are in the mess they are now is because detached have run way up past general affordability. With all the heat on real estate over the past years, who will be the ones to drove the next detached price run up? You can't depend on developers and buy-ups, because even those are more limited today due to less available financing and decreased affordability of new high density homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You can charge high prices and throw in virtually any addendum you want to feel secure with your tenant.

Then by higher rents and the lack of rentals you can hand pick and screen through dozens of tenants until you find the right one. It’s not just like you’re forced to take some crack head.
Through anecdotal reports, power still ultimately lies with the tenants via the RTB. So no, you can't just throw any addendum in expect it to stick if your tenant decides to pull RTB on you. Sure you can screen and hand pick tenants all you want, but once again these are things that take time and effort and never guarantees you'll be smooth running 100% of the time.

Personally we decided to be more conservative with our purchase at the time so we didn't have to rely on a mortgage helper, and also avoid the potential work and associated headaches to earn that rental income. Its the right choice for us but obviously won't work for everybody.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #13039

Just a curious question if I were to change the carpet in 2 bedroom to hardwood or engineered wood how thick of a underlay I generally need for apartments? Been trying to read the strata bylaws and I could not find anything but the strata manager is on vacation till the 14 so I can't get the info from her.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:15 PM   #13040
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I’d buy the thickest, highest grade sound proofing possible. Not only to get to building standards but for my own peice of mind with sound transfer
Old 09-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #13041
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 56 Times in 36 Posts
approved for mortgage today....now real estate broker says there has to be appraisal done on it now! Cutting it super close to next weds when our subjects need to be removed
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #13042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
approved for mortgage today....now real estate broker says there has to be appraisal done on it now! Cutting it super close to next weds when our subjects need to be removed
You still have a few days. It will be ok. I just hate it when everyone literally leave everything last minute. Like the lawyer I am going with to purchase my new place. I am suppose to go see her on Monday with the bank draft and if I haven't keep calling her for the last 2 days she wouldn't have given me the amount on how much I need to write on my bank draft. Good thing I got the number after lunch and made it to the bank to get a bank draft.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #13043

yeah all these fuckers that u have to deal with to get shit done take their sweet as time event though theres things called deadlines that have to be met.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:16 AM   #13044

the good .....financing is approved...the bad.....have to get a stupid appraiser to appraise the house!!!! hope this shit is done before weds causing stresssss to the max!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #13045
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
As long as the price isn't out of line, you should be fine.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #13046
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea. Im surprised they approved it then asked for appraisal. But as fliptuner said. As long as you didn't overpay at all then you'll be fine
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #13047

I think the place is under valued is what my realtor was saying. Also if for some reason the price is out line then what?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #13048
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
IThen the bank you at dealinv with won't approve the loan. You can then try getting your broker to find you another bank if youstill have time. But appraisals are a normal process for some banks from what I know

When your broker said undervalued, does he mean u are paying less thsn what the others in area are selling for?
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #13049

I think my realtor is saying the property should be worth more then the actual price we are buying it out is what I am getting from him.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #13050
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 25 Times in 10 Posts
Mortgage Broker chiming in here. What your broker meant when financing is approved is mostly a conditional approval, where it is still subject to various conditions such as docs review, employment verification and appraisal.
As others mentioned, unless your way over paid for the unit, the appraisal should come back fine. Worst case scenario, you'll have to come up with the difference as additional down payment. For example: Original approval amount was for 800,000 on a 1 million dollar unit(80% is max assuming you're not purchasing mortgage insurance). The appraisal comes back at 900,000. The max loan amount they'll lend you is now 80% of 900,000 which is 720,000, and the difference of 80,000 you will have to make up by making additional down payment.
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote