REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #14076
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Any good places /locations to look for town house pre-sale? Thinking of upgrading to town house from 1 bed condo in a year or 2.
It's a buyer's market now - if you'd like pls reach out to us at info @ presales-vip.com. Our services is success based and developers pay our fees end of the day.

Lots of variables instead of me listing out what I've seen recently, easier to have you mention areas, budget, size, and then we recommend based on your needs.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #14077
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Any good places /locations to look for town house pre-sale? Thinking of upgrading to town house from 1 bed condo in a year or 2.
Are you set on brand new? I was on the boat in the beginning but shifted to a few years old and the bang for your buck is significantly better.

I'm still waiting on the market, but every day I'm getting more and more hits, prices are dropping, albeit, slowly.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #14078
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...pending-aimed/

"It’s not a loan - the 10% is owned by CMHC, so they would get 10% back upon sale (or whenever you choose to buy it back from them)"

LOL so is not a loan from the gov... who would want to use this gov program?!

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 03-19-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #14079
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Failed 54 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Only first time homebuyers with household incomes below $120,000 would qualify for the incentive.
Great. That's like 90% of the Asians in Richmond.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #14080
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

"It’s not a loan - the 10% is owned by CMHC, so they would get 10% back upon sale (or whenever you choose to buy it back from them)"

People who’s parents aren’t giving them a down payment, or those that are not living at home until they are 30 to save one themselves.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #14081
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:

who wouldn't?
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #14082
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
HappySilp already gave us the blueprint on how to afford a place.

1. Leech off your parents as long as you can, possibly wait till they die and inherit their house.

2. Never spend a dime in your 20's on anything but the bare necessities. If for some reason you find yourself cracking a smile then you're clearly not working hard enough. You can enjoy life when you're 70.

3. Preferably find a time machine and buy back when prices were sane. This part is great because you already have a place and you can tell everyone that's trying to buy in the shit show that happens a decade later that they aren't working hard enough while your house doubled in price in 5 years. That's not luck, that's just being smart enough to be born at a certain time.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #14083
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
@MarkyMark

If you ain't smart enough to be born at the right time. You don't deserve to buy

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:03 PM   #14084
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
4. Prenup in case dat China ho try sumting! Or just forget dating altogether cause them ho be trying to get the house!
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:47 AM   #14085
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
4. Prenup in case dat China ho try sumting! Or just forget dating altogether cause them ho be trying to get the house!
Well, he's mentioned he's single so this point is moot. "Sorry, can't go on any dates, I'm saving for a house."
Old 03-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #14086
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
You people do know that that extra 10% of your mortgage works to be around $200 max every month (most likely even less) yet you are giving away 10% equity of your home away. Also you have no idea how the gov will react will you sell your place? Will they only take 10% of the price you sold your place? Will they take 10% + interest if you sold your place at a gain? What if you sold at a lose will the gov still take 10% anyways? What if you start a family and wanted to change your mortgage so you can pay it off faster? Way too details the gov did not include.

In the big picture it doesn't help anyone. Is like BC giving away free money for first time home buyers. What really reduce young people/family purchasing power right now is the stress test and the tightening of borrowing money from banks. Bring back 30 years mortgage and reduce the stress test so people actually have more buying power instead of this half ass bake idea which sounds good on paper but doesn't help anyone but to buy votes for the gov.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #14087
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
You people do know that that extra 10% of your mortgage works to be around $200 max every month (most likely even less) yet you are giving away 10% equity of your home away. Also you have no idea how the gov will react will you sell your place? Will they only take 10% of the price you sold your place? Will they take 10% + interest if you sold your place at a gain? What if you sold at a lose will the gov still take 10% anyways? What if you start a family and wanted to change your mortgage so you can pay it off faster? Way too details the gov did not include.

In the big picture it doesn't help anyone. Is like BC giving away free money for first time home buyers. What really reduce young people/family purchasing power right now is the stress test and the tightening of borrowing money from banks. Bring back 30 years mortgage and reduce the stress test so people actually have more buying power instead of this half ass bake idea which sounds good on paper but doesn't help anyone but to buy votes for the gov.
I'm not sure about reducing the stress test. It was brought in to save people from themselves. It's all good well interest rates are still low which they've been for a long time but once they rise and people have to reknew their mortgages combined with housing prices coming down and negative equity that's when shit hits the fan.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #14088
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Stress test and loan restriction is there so you don't default on your house if/when rates hit the fan, guy. Educate yourself...
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #14089

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
There's a growing number in Queensbourgh. If you don't mind driving daily.

TBH I don't see how that one single access point on Howe and 91 can support the growth for QB. They really need to build a pedestrian bridge or local road to connect QB residences from the west side to New West.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #14090
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 41 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:

Fair point. However, don't you think you are passing judgment a little prematurely given that the gov't has yet to release actual details outlining the intricacies of the program? Those won't be available until sometime in the fall. Personally, i'll take a wait and see approach.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #14091
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 13 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMStyo View Post
OAKRIDGE I think we can all agree this is pricy - $1.2-1.4M for 1BR 600ft tops is essentially over $2000/ft on average for Vancouver West.
Despite that - tower 1 is SOLD OUT.
I assume sold out means sold out to realtors holding multiple units?

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #14092
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Sold out to China money who need to look at the map of Vancouver. How is oakridge center worth $2000 sq/ft when you can buy ready to move in new condos in downtown.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #14093
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 20 Times in 8 Posts
mainlanders. now i know to avoid oakridge in the future.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #14094

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Stress test and loan restriction is there so you don't default on your house if/when rates hit the fan, guy. Educate yourself...
but is the stress test creating secondary loans aka heloc on parents place especially on first time home buyers like younger folks.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #14095
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 14 Times in 5 Posts
^^Not likely, banks are clamped down so tight and are focusing much more so on cash flow and debt servitude rather than asset driven for loans.
G0rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #14096

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K_o__o View Post
maybe, but also, the development was really agressive with their advertisement. I remember seeing ads on it on my Air Canada flights to Asia last month.

I think out of that $2000/sqft, a big chunk of it is going towards the marketing/advertisement fees.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #14097

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I haven't seen that many pop up for under $700 right now. A few in Coquitlam. Surrey and Delta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
There's a growing number in Queensbourgh. If you don't mind driving daily.

TBH I don't see how that one single access point on Howe and 91 can support the growth for QB. They really need to build a pedestrian bridge or local road to connect QB residences from the west side to New West.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #14098
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K_o__o View Post
It's not true. I was at the event at the CNY celebration. The key buyers were people who are 55-75yr old with 2.5 - 4.5M houses in Vancouver (pretty normal that around and part of town) who just can't handle living in a house. 2 people with 5 bedrooms 3,000 - 5,000sq ft house when their kids were still young.

What's the option? Apartments
Don't want to move to a different area = Oakridge / these new apartments are their solution.

I can't speak for all realtors but DANGGGG if anyone has the cash to hold?? now is well.... well deserved if they have the cash.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #14099
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 28 Times in 9 Posts
CRA executes search warrants on Vancouver properties in tax evasion case

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...uver-1.5075426
xxxrsxxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #14100
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,857 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Total noob post but bear with me.

Yesterday my wife and I had the day off, went to tswassen mills to wander around and have lunch. On the way out we saw the startings if some huge developements right across the street. The 3 main groups we saw were

West Coast Estates ? TSAWWASSEN
https://www.onni.com/tsawwassenlanding/
https://tsawwassenshores.com

Websites are pretty vague with details. I do really like the area, but is that not First Nations land? I’m not sure what you call it when developers “lease” the land for like 100 years or something. Say a detached home starts at 600k, that just covers materials and building, not the land. So what happens after you pay your mortgage and want to give the house to your children?

I may be totally wrong but you guys have a lot of experience, maybe you can shed some light. Bad buy?