REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #14126
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Supposedly buyers are willing to walk away even if that means they lose their deposits.

https://twitter.com/fivre604/status/...183157761?s=21

Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...nment_sellers/
This is what happens when you buy into pre sales with the intention of selling before closing. There is always a clause in your contract with the developers that they can deny any reassigments (unless is to a relatives or something like that) they wish. And they also get a cut from your reassigments.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:54 PM   #14127
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,857 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
So I’ve been trying to do a bit of research about the whole tswassen mills area being developed for homes. I did get this email back from one of the developers

Quote:
Hi Ian,

Tsawwassen Landing is built on leasehold land. The lease is pre-paid for 99 years by the developer, meaning the lease cannot change for it's duration.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
So there’s the final answer. The only pro’s I’ve found so far is that my wife and I can never afford an actual detached home normally. This is a certain option. Also as the owner of the home, you are allowed to rent out as you please. So at some point the house could be rented out for most of the mortgage cost. It’s time the wife and I start thinking of our 20 year plan.

I’m trying to learn, I’ve been reading a lot of articles and just learning the differences between freehold and leasehold. I found an interesting article from Kelowna

https://amp.kelownanow.com/news/news..._West_Kelowna/

Quote:
Something else that makes West Harbour unique is their Legacy Fund, which they have created to help ease concerns regarding what happens at the end of the lease. For each home purchased, West Harbour invests $5,000 into a fund which is transferable with homeownership. If the market performs similarly over the next 99 years as it has in the past, then whoever owns the home in year 99 should have access to roughly $3.4 million that they can use to renegotiate the lease or use as they please.

"The Legacy Fund is a brilliant way to protect the value of the land and give buyers peace of mind," said Czekus. "With each home purchase, our developer deposits $5,000 into an investment fund. This investment, over the period of 99 years, will grow into a substantial amount of money, so when the lease comes up for renewal the buyers will have the funds to do that. Or, if the community decides not to do so, they will be able to take that money and invest in a home elsewhere."
So this is a pretty damn cool idea. I’m no mathematician, but say 300 homes investing 5k each on a low risk portfolio over 99 years? Sounds fairly sound to me. So theoretically you could sell the home on year 98, and it should sell for around $3m since whoever owns the land can get that capital.

Cool idea. Will be worth inquiring about in Tsawwassen
Old 04-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #14128
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #14129
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
I'm finally going to try and sell, hits MLS tomorrow. We're looking for something with a yard. Guess we'll see if I'm able to sell in a reasonable time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg house.jpg (112.0 KB, 0 views)

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #14130
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Good luck!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 PM   #14131
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
A missed opportunity in the neighborhood we wanted to move into, sparked us to sell last fall. Prices were dropping around 10k/month at the time. We priced aggressively, staged well and managed to cash out. Been renting a basement suite for the last 7 months, waiting for the market to soften a bit more and finally closed on a place a couple of weeks ago. Should suit our needs for the next 7-10 years or until we save up enough for an acreage, where I can have some room to stretch.

....the shit we do for our kids

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 04-15-2019 at 03:02 PM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #14132
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
A missed opportunity in the neighborhood we wanted to move into, sparked us to sell last fall. Prices were dropping around 10k/month at the time. We priced aggressively, staged well and managed to cash out. Been renting a basement suite for the last 7 months, waiting for the market to soften a bit more and finally closed on a place a couple of weeks ago. Should suit our needs for the next 7-10 years or until we save up enough for an acreage, where I can have some room to stretch.

Congrats! Whereabouts did you buy?

And yes... I completely agree about tthe kids part lol
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #14133
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:

Back in the Fall of 2015, my wife and I had taken a chance on selling our Surrey detached home first before entering into a deal to purchase our next home. We had wanted to move to Burnaby/Vancouver and felt that we could easily sell our Surrey home so we took a bit of a risk by selling, renting then looking before buying.

LOL... we found a 4-bedroom rental that suited our needs but also knew that the landlord was in the process of demolishing. It was literally a game of who will provide who notice first.

It was a tenuous four months but it worked out great. When we found the Burnaby townhouse we wanted, we were ready to jump on the deal with a quick close and already had our down payment and financing in order.

Congrats on your purchase and I'm happy to hear that your short-term tenancy worked out for you.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #14134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acurapinoy View Post
Congrats! Whereabouts did you buy?

And yes... I completely agree about tthe kids part lol
Thanks guys.

Citadel Heights, in PoCo. My gf and I were born and raised in East Van. We had a brief discussion on if we'd ever move back, if the opportunity presented itself. I think we're at a point where we appreciate the space, in the burbs, more than the convenience in the city. Plus all our daughter's activities are in the area and it's a 2 minute walk to her school.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #14135
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Fliptuner congratulations on your new place! I am in Citadel Heights about 1 block from Castle Park elementary school. Citadel Heights is a great area for a young family! Where abouts are you located?

By the way we still love going to Vancouver on the weekends and with all the new highway 1 improvements we usually can drive to downtown in less than 30 minutes. As far as real estate goes I think Citadel Heights is a hidden gem that is undervalued compared to most other places in the lower mainland.

Last edited by spacemanrick; 04-15-2019 at 10:10 PM.
spacemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #14136

Haha. Same. A block up from the school. I've been down the hill for the last 15 years or so.

When you mention PoCo to people who live West, they generally have no real idea where it is lol. It's literally, the furthest East you can go, without crossing a bridge but easier to get to than Coquitlam Centre. 1 bus ride to Braid or Coquitlam SkyTrain and right by the WCE. Also, several routes to commute West, by car. 15-20 mins to get to Langley via Golden Ears or Port Mann.

RSUV #7
Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #14137
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
It's literally, the furthest East you can go, without crossing a bridge but easier to get to than Coquitlam Centre. 1 bus ride to Braid or Coquitlam SkyTrain and right by the WCE. Also, several routes to commute West, by car. 15-20 mins to get to Langley via Golden Ears or Port Mann.
You're right, that area is in a perfect location. You're close to the highway system, but far enough away from the noise. You're surrounded by parks and only a few minutes away from amenities. The only real negative is that you're view is basically Surrey

Congrats on the new place!
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #14138

Well if you split this with me, we can have a view of your old house:

Down from $5M, 2 years ago. Lease the 7AC for ALR tax break. Rent out the great hall for weddings (westopher can cater, we have photogs on standby), golf course across the street, has a fountain, island and a bridge. We could start an RS religion and get more tax breaks. The possibilities are endless!!!!

It takes a village, people!!! Lol

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 04-16-2019 at 10:56 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #14139

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Haha. Same. A block up from the school. I've been down the hill for the last 15 years or so.

When you mention PoCo to people who live West, they generally have no real idea where it is lol. It's literally, the furthest East you can go, without crossing a bridge but easier to get to than Coquitlam Centre. 1 bus ride to Braid or Coquitlam SkyTrain and right by the WCE. Also, several routes to commute West, by car. 15-20 mins to get to Langley via Golden Ears or Port Mann.
You got that right. I take the last exit before the Pitt meadows bridge. You probably save 10 minutes even from where I am. We were told to avoid Citadel from locals when we moved this way. I never did know why. Seems like a great spot. Congrats!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #14140
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Spoiler!
Damn, nice place for sure.
But after so many years of cutting grass, trimming trees and fixing culverts, I want to simplify.

when the kids grow up, I'm thinking west end...... where I can bike to the beach, eat pie at true confections, and watch the homos at the pride parade mere blocks from my retirement pad
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #14141

My parents may move from their half acre in surrey to the west end after retirement. They lived there a long time ago and I think are looking for the same thing just the chill vibe with all amenities at your finger tips etc.

I never really understood the whole Vancouver snob thing prior to living here. When I lived in Burnaby none of my wife’s friends etc would ever come to our parties or wouldn’t even venture out for dinner etc. now that I live in Vancouver though I completely understand it lol. Most of my friends still live in Surrey and I hardly ever see them anymore because I’m not driving out to surrey in the evening lol..especially when everything you need is within a walk I think I may be able to even get by without a vehicle if I had to. Outside of needing a truck for your typical dump/Home Depot runs.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #14142

Thanked 14,857 Times in 3,883 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
I still refuse to go out and eat dinner if I have to go downtown or take transit or deal with traffic. Fuck em’ lol
Old 04-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #14143
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I still refuse to go out and eat dinner if I have to go downtown or take transit or deal with traffic. Fuck em’ lol
Werd, I don't think I've gone downtown for leisure in almost 10 years... lol... I'll go if I'm attending some conference but I stay away.... don't like crowds...
Old 04-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #14144
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
Sounds like maybe RS should just setup a retirement community. We could do the whole shared garage with lift access thing and do track days together.
Interesting tho that the westend does have alot of old people there. Wont be as nice when the hospital moves but....
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #14145
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
https://youtu.be/3qdxRgZAT00

Down from $5M, 2 years ago. Lease the 7AC for ALR tax break. Rent out the great hall for weddings (westopher can cater, we have photogs on standby), golf course across the street, has a fountain, island and a bridge. We could start an RS religion and get more tax breaks. The possibilities are endless!!!!

It takes a village, people!!! Lol
That's actually a really good idea renting it out for weddings.

50 cent just sold his 52 bedroom mansion for 2.9 million. He was paying 70K a month for maintenance. Crazy how cheap some places are in the states.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #14146
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
bought for $4.1M sold for $2.9M and paying that much maintenance

wow what a loss lol

but 50K sq ft and that luxurious for $2.9M vs what you get here, unreal
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #14147

You’d be hard pressed to build a 10,000 sq ft home in Vancouver for that price taking into factor materials and labor alone.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #14148
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That's actually a really good idea renting it out for weddings.

50 cent just sold his 52 bedroom mansion for 2.9 million. He was paying 70K a month for maintenance. Crazy how cheap some places are in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUHld2nCDI
I remember this being Mike Tyson's mansion.

Maybe I'm old school, but when I fork over $3m for house, I expected to receive something of this magnitude.

Times have changed indeed.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #14149
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
Thats provided you already own the land or else you'd be getting a standard 32x120 lot with a crack shack on the west side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You’d be hard pressed to build a 10,000 sq ft home in Vancouver for that price taking into factor materials and labor alone.
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #14150
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
^
Can get a pretty nice place on the east side though.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote