REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #14151
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
I remember this being Mike Tyson's mansion.

Maybe I'm old school, but when I fork over $3m for house, I expected to receive something of this magnitude.

Times have changed indeed.
Jack FM plays day and night in my garage. This song gets played every day I’m sure. I laugh each time.

Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #14152
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Yea whenever I hear it I laugh as well. The irony of thinking back to when a million dollars seemed like tonne of money
Old 04-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #14153
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea whenever I hear it I laugh as well. The irony of thinking back to when a million dollars seemed like tonne of money
The crazy thing is, it's still a ton of money.
If you had a million bucks fall into your lap today, it would change your life. Not in a way that means you could retire and buy a private jet, but invested properly a million dollars is still worth about $80k a year in interest and dividends. Spend wisely, and it would last a long time.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #14154
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
If you had a million bucks fall into your lap today, it would change your life. Not in a way that means you could retire and buy a private jet, but invested properly a million dollars is still worth about $80k a year in interest and dividends. Spend wisely, and it would last a long time.
Not sure about that. Most people who won the lottery actually end up wasting all their money and is actually in a worse spot then if they didn't win the lottery.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #14155
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Not sure about that. Most people who won the lottery actually end up wasting all their money and is actually in a worse spot then if they didn't win the lottery.
That only proves that some people don't deserve that kind of money to begin with. If you get a million dollars and somehow end up losing it all with nothing to show for it then you're just stupid.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #14156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
can't take it with you when you die, so
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #14157
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Oh I don’t disagree. But back when that song came out people were buying houses for 200k and living good, productive lives with average day jobs and not really worrying about where their next meal is gonna come from

Fast forward to the present day and a lot of those same people who would be listening to the song when it came out magically had million+ dollar homes under their feet and struggling wit taxes etc

When that song was around a million might have well been the 50 mill lotto max to me.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #14158
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Haha. Same. A block up from the school. I've been down the hill for the last 15 years or so.

When you mention PoCo to people who live West, they generally have no real idea where it is lol. It's literally, the furthest East you can go, without crossing a bridge but easier to get to than Coquitlam Centre. 1 bus ride to Braid or Coquitlam SkyTrain and right by the WCE. Also, several routes to commute West, by car. 15-20 mins to get to Langley via Golden Ears or Port Mann.

Fliptuner you are going to love being so close to the elementary school. When my kids went to Castle Park school it was awesome just being able to get them ready 10 minutes before school and walking them over across the street. I am not sure if you have heard but they are opening up a new water splash park in Castle Park this summer....it should be great for your daughter!

I have been watching the prices of houses around here and it seems the prices are down about $100,000 from their peak in the summer of 2017. Who knows where prices will go but at least they are down from 2017 and 2018 prices.

I am not sure why anyone would tell hud 91gt to avoid Citadel Heights but after living here for 20 years we think it is great with lots of friendly neighbors and families with young kids. Since Citadel Heights is on a hill there are also lots of great views from many of the parks and houses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190416_123625_resized small.jpg (146.9 KB, 0 views)
spacemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #14159
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
I could've bought a house in Lower Maryhill but for the sake of the family and more monthly cashflow, we bought a TH up the street from the school. Low strata, good complex and we can still afford vacations, entertainment, toys. Castle is always recommended by my teacher friends and the park is top notch.

From complex entrance, I can watch her walk right to the entrance of the school. It's awesome.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #14160
I don't get it

Failed 285 Times in 77 Posts
Except money earned on interest is taxed at 50% and you throw in another 2% for inflation and you'd be at near poverty level.
Better fund them social programs.
Quote:
Digitalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #14161
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-age-1.5113115

People are having fewer children because of high housing costs according to the academics.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #14162
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-age-1.5113115

People are having fewer children because of high housing costs according to the academics.
I'd believe it, we only had one due to the cost of daycare. It's one of my biggest regrets, should have done it anyway but now that my son is turning 13 next month I'm not ready to go back to the diaper stage at this point.

I have two dogs, I swear sometimes their almost as much work as my son was as a baby. Such a pain in the ass when you're trying to sell your house and one dog keeps eating the house not to mention having to get them out for 1-3 hours for every showing or open house.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:35 AM   #14163
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,921 Times in 761 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts
Listed my house... realtors really need to get more creative... so far they all seem to be very reactive as in.. .'waiting for a call'. anyways, hope it sells -- i've only signed on with this specific realtor for 2 months - i even had to tell him to 'enhance' the realtor.ca listing description...sheesh. he missed things like air conditioning, radiant floor heating, etc etc.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #14164
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey just curious as to how the market is doing now? Is there generally still a big appetite for new 1 bedroom condos in the 400-450k range for locations such as coquitlam / new west?
Gh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #14165

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Starter condos still have a lot of demand. There has been a small correction, but nothing has dropped substantially until you get to detached. Supply is high, but people are waiting in the woodwork to buy in.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #14166

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Hey just curious as to how the market is doing now? Is there generally still a big appetite for new 1 bedroom condos in the 400-450k range for locations such as coquitlam / new west?
Not sure about condos but homes in my area "Cloverdale" down at least 10% in the last year. With the spring it's getting busier but stuff isn't getting snapped up.

I listed my house last Wednesday I believe, I've had probably a dozen private showings and another 20+ views through open houses. I had one offer day 2 which was a good offer we just couldn't agree on a possession date so it fell apart, they wanted 30 days and I wasn't working with anything less then 2 months.

I had another offer on Friday, not a good offer as it was low and they hadn't sold their home yet and wanted it contingency to that with no out clause for me, I wasn't going to tie up my house 1 week into the listing with the amount of action we've had so didn't even counter.

Same people came back yesterday with another offer contingent on selling their home but they gave us the 48 hour out if we get another offer and it was full ask, they also have to do their inspection in the next 12 days so assuming they sell their house end of May or something inspection BS will already be dealt with. That one was an easy yes, hope they sell their house but if someone else comes along ready to move on my house I'll entertain that as well.

I have the attitude that I'd like to sell but I want my number. If I don't get my number I'll take it off the market and renovate, re-evaluate in a couple years. My wife really wants to move but I'm content either way.

Most of the detached homes we're looking at have been sitting, they aren't selling and I think it's due to them not having (able to put) suites in them making it hard for people without a lot of equity to even consider buying them. If we're lucky enough to sell we should have 80% down so the stress test shouldn't be a problem for us.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #14167

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the detailed response Quasi!

Wow that seems like a great turn out considering you only listed last Wednesday and have gotten offers. That's pretty incredible for detached. I hope it all works out for ya!

If anyone has any info on the condo market, specifically 1 bedrooms outside of Vancouver/Burnaby that would be great. The vancouver/bby markets are just too expensive and I'm looking for more consumer data or themes within the coquitlam to new west region.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #14168

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Starter condos still have a lot of demand. There has been a small correction, but nothing has dropped substantially until you get to detached. Supply is high, but people are waiting in the woodwork to buy in.
ahh okay. This is good. Looking to offload my starter condo and wanting to feel out what the market is like. When you mentioned supply is high are you referring to starter condo's or detached homes that are sitting on the market?

Are people still generally MORE interested in pre-sales now? Or are they pretty receptive to new builds sub 2 years old, ect.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #14169
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Listed my house... realtors really need to get more creative... so far they all seem to be very reactive as in.. .'waiting for a call'. anyways, hope it sells -- i've only signed on with this specific realtor for 2 months - i even had to tell him to 'enhance' the realtor.ca listing description...sheesh. he missed things like air conditioning, radiant floor heating, etc etc.
Realtors are going to start to starve. Stick to one that has been in the business 20+ years. The newbies only knew the good times, and run their business as so.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #14170

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
People I would say are looking less into pre-sales. Since I can pick up a slightly used few year old condo for less than what I'm paying for a pre-sale few years down the road so the premium and uncertainty isn't worth it, unless you can't come up with the cash now. Market for the lower end stuff is still hot unless your place is beat up. From what I see most will get offers within one or 2 weeks. However I do still see people walking out of accepted offers.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #14171

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
People I would say are looking less into pre-sales. Since I can pick up a slightly used few year old condo for less than what I'm paying for a pre-sale few years down the road so the premium and uncertainty isn't worth it, unless you can't come up with the cash now. Market for the lower end stuff is still hot unless your place is beat up. From what I see most will get offers within one or 2 weeks. However I do still see people walking out of accepted offers.
That makes sense! When you mention people walking out of accepted offers -how does that work? If an offer is accepted isn't a deposit of some sort required ? (What is the deposit percentage anyways) Are people forfeiting their deposits?

I am new to this so forgive my ignorance.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #14172

Thanked 31,914 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
ahh okay. This is good. Looking to offload my starter condo and wanting to feel out what the market is like. When you mentioned supply is high are you referring to starter condo's or detached homes that are sitting on the market?

Are people still generally MORE interested in pre-sales now? Or are they pretty receptive to new builds sub 2 years old, ect.
Supply, realistically, is high on everything compared to most times over the last 10 years. Things still seem to sell quickly though when priced right, and entry level. To be fair though, I'm only interested in Vancouver/north van so it could be very different elsewhere.
I pay attention to home prices, as I still have the dream alive even though its fucking ridiculous, however, 1.2/3 gets you what 1.6 would have 1.5-2 years ago, at least as far as list prices go.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #14173

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
Accepted offer is a temp contract made out between seller and buyer, usually this is a 7 day period where buyers have to finalize their financing, inspection etc. The deposit isn't paid till the end of subject removal, this is when the contract is firm. After the 7 days and the buyer decides to go through with the deal. The buyer can always walk away within the 7 day period if they put the correct subjects.

Quote:
That makes sense! When you mention people walking out of accepted offers -how does that work? If an offer is accepted isn't a deposit of some sort required ? (What is the deposit percentage anyways) Are people forfeiting their deposits?

I am new to this so forgive my ignorance.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #14174
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
Except money earned on interest is taxed at 50% and you throw in another 2% for inflation.
That's not how taxes work, it gets added to your taxable income. That doesn't mean you get taxed marginally at 50%

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2019, 10:49 AM   #14175
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Accepted offer is a temp contract made out between seller and buyer, usually this is a 7 day period where buyers have to finalize their financing, inspection etc. The deposit isn't paid till the end of subject removal, this is when the contract is firm. After the 7 days and the buyer decides to go through with the deal. The buyer can always walk away within the 7 day period if they put the correct subjects.
More or less

An accepted offer can still have conditions to the deal.

Accepted offer for $300K for 1BR condo for example...subject to:
1) buyer securing mortgage by ___ (date) for no more than 4%
2) inspections by ___ (date)
3) reviewing and approving strata docs, contingency funds, etc, ___ (date)

Should any of the conditional reviews not pan out or buyer isn't satisfied, no damage no harm for walking from the deal.

Also, deposit ($10-50K) simply just shows sincerity of the deal, and is held in trust by the buyer realtor firm anyhow. That's fully refunded if deal collapse.

This is why when market's hot, no condition offers are hard to beat. It's like buying a car just from looking at the surface and not even test driving it!
This post thanked by: