REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #14701
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
5 year living is long term?

a quick google shows the average canadian will own 5 different homes in their lifetime

balllllla
Advertisement

Last edited by twitchyzero; 08-19-2019 at 08:16 PM.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #14702
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
5 diff homes in lifetime is not really that far fetched;
1) home you grew up in
2) college
3) 1st job
4) buy your first apartment 20-30 yrs old (back in 1980 hhahah)
5) townhouse (30-45 yr old)
6) house (45-60 yrs)
7) downsized to apartment 65+
8) old age home
9) coffin
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:14 AM   #14703
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Brentwood or Metrotown for long-term living (5 years)?
Still Metro, you have
Shopping/walks after dinner - Metrotown
Greenspace - Central Park is massive and much closer
Kids/Family - park greenspace + daycare are far common
Walkability of metro far surpasses Brentwood

Brentwood will be newer but other than Brentwood malls new update - no major park space, daycares are limited, and the infrastructure/roads are underinvested for the 20+ highrises finishing next 4 years.

There's a reason why Metro is still commanding $1,100/ft vs Brentwood's $850-1000.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:21 AM   #14704
RS controls my life!

Failed 22 Times in 9 Posts
https://www.richmond-news.com/real-e...eks-1.23897966

Beedie's Storia - only large 1BR and 2BR about $800-840/ft in family friendly Hasting Heights. 80% sold in a month.
1BR started around $650K for 750ft + parking.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #14705
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Metro. You can't beat convenience metrtown provides. Tons of restaurants, bubble tea, transit hub, easier access to DT, major shopping centers, several grocery store within walking distance. Then there is crystal mall for even cheaper grocery/dim sum/cheap chinese food court.

Metrotown also have a community center right across the street (Bonsor) with a swimming poor, tennis court, baseball field, skateboard park, walk father you have a gaint ass park. Also there are several major roads nearby you can take.

Brentwood is newer but right now there isn't much to offer. There might be a few high end grocery stores/high end shopping centers but the traffic flow in that area is terrible. Also personal experience I find it a lot easier to get on the skytrain on metrotown during rush hour vs brentwood. Just seems at brentwood you always have to wait for the next train. while at metrotown I don't have to wait for the next train.

Brentwood also doesn't have any community center nearby and parking is terrible.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:49 AM   #14706
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Swear I’m gonna kill somebody at that willingdon Costco once all those high rises are moved in lol...
Old 08-20-2019, 10:22 AM   #14707
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Swear I’m gonna kill somebody at that willingdon Costco once all those high rises are moved in lol...
I though that happen already. That Costco is terrible especially during weekends. Parking lot is full, people idling in their cars waiting for a parking spot when clearly no one is leaving and blocking the road. And then no one ever bothers to return the shopping carts and instead just left them all over the place.

The only good thing they did was use those machine at the food vendor now so you don't have to line up to get your cheap Hot Dogs.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #14708
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 15 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
what do you want to see out of each area?

they both offer similar things....lots of restaurants..each side has a community centre (in fact theres 2 around brentwood) and "large parks" and it's easy to walk around....both have superstore/save on/walmart as grocery stores while brentwood has Costco..both also have tennis court/bball fields/swimming centres/lacrosse boxes and bunch of elementary schools and a high school nearby

city of burnaby wants to build metrotown as a "downtown" core but if you want to get to DT brentwood is far better i'd say. If you want to rely on skytrain to get DT metro is better but that expo line breaks down like once a month and when it does its just way too much backlog..there's way more arteries to get around in brentwood since its closer to Van (car2go/evo)...Hastings as a main route and Hwy 1 if you want to get to places

im by brentwood and i find theres a lot of families here with their kids..not sure about metro

i do agree with the traffic and parking problem.....thought they were going to widen Willingdon Ave instead of building a bike lane/walkway

Last edited by Sw0op; 08-20-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #14709
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I though that happen already. That Costco is terrible especially during weekends. Parking lot is full, people idling in their cars waiting for a parking spot when clearly no one is leaving and blocking the road. And then no one ever bothers to return the shopping carts and instead just left them all over the place.

The only good thing they did was use those machine at the food vendor now so you don't have to line up to get your cheap Hot Dogs.

Sometimes not even weekends, even a weekday say Tuesday/Wednesday during day time, I go there to grab lunch on my lunch break at work. Parking is full, its as though people don't need to work or something these days.

You would think weekday, less busy during the day as people are at work, I guess times have changed...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:40 PM   #14710
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
8PM mid-week is my Costco-blitz time.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:40 PM   #14711
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,936 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
9:30 in the morning is a good time to go Willingdon Costco. That location opens at 9:00 am. Most of the folks who line up before the doors open are done their shopping and gone in 15 to 30 minutes. The other good time is to go at around 2:00 pm. I hate to do it, but 8:25 also works............ they close at 8:30 during weekdays and the lineup usually dies down by the time you finish at 8:45. A bit of a dick move, but they can't really kick you out once you're inside.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #14712

I swear people are fucked that go thay Costco. Although, god forbid I ever have to go to Richmond.

Multiple times I’ve pulled up before opening when it’s just PISSING rain and people are waiting out in the elements for like 10-15 min until the doors open...I’m just sitting in my vehicle until I see them open and voila! I’m in and relatively dry.. you’d think the free samples were setup already the way these peeps are fiending
Old 08-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #14713
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 9 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Brentwood also doesn't have any community center nearby and parking is terrible.
They should really just knock down the current Willingdon Community Centre and build a new one there. Especially with Escala and new condo going up on Gilmore.
SFU_wmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #14714
MG1

It must be the line ups that attract people. It doesn't make any sense at all. You go in there five minutes after they open and you're in the same boat. Hell, I know my way around and know what I want. I get to the cash registers before those people do.

The only thing people might be doing is to get the clearance items. There's usually a section of clearance items just before the cash registers at the Willingdon location. Some pretty good deals can be had. Having said that, it's kind of not fair when the workers get first crack at the "reduced to clear," items. Perks for working there, I guess.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #14715
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 9 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It must be the line ups that attract people. It doesn't make any sense at all. You go in there five minutes after they open and you're in the same boat. Hell, I know my way around and know what I want. I get to the cash registers before those people do.

The only thing people might be doing is to get the clearance items. There's usually a section of clearance items just before the cash registers at the Willingdon location. Some pretty good deals can be had. Having said that, it's kind of not fair when the workers get first crack at the "reduced to clear," items. Perks for working there, I guess.
Aside from that clearance 'section' near the cashier, there's a lot of stuff throughout the warehouse that might be worth rushing for on Monday's opening if that certain item is low in stock. But other days... yeah

Example:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/cost...9-gva-2306850/
SFU_wmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:13 PM   #14716
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Crazy Mainlanders. The profit must be pretty good to lose out on some dignity.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #14717
I don't get it

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Sometimes not even weekends, even a weekday say Tuesday/Wednesday during day time, I go there to grab lunch on my lunch break at work. Parking is full, its as though people don't need to work or something these days.

You would think weekday, less busy during the day as people are at work, I guess times have changed...
This and the Richmond Costco are filled with mainlanders who don't work...both constantly full. Starting to be a pain in the ass to go to Costco.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #14718

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU_wmc View Post
Aside from that clearance 'section' near the cashier, there's a lot of stuff throughout the warehouse that might be worth rushing for on Monday's opening if that certain item is low in stock. But other days... yeah

Example:
God that’s fucking grosssssssss
Old 08-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #14719
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU_wmc View Post

Example:
Jesus H Murphy what in the fucking fuck is wrong with people! Never and I mean ever in my life time would I subject myself to that shit.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #14720
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Stage a HK protest, across the street, right before Costco opens. What a dilemma.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #14721
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,156 Times in 3,637 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Stage a HK protest, across the street, right before Costco opens. What a dilemma.
people like you is why i love this country.

Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #14722
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Back when I was in school, I did a bunch of research on passive homes, modular homes, and container homes. Assuming that you already own a detached and you just want a laneway/subdivision.

Anyone have any idea what the real world cost of these would be to build?
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #14723
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
God that’s fucking grosssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Jesus H Murphy what in the fucking fuck is wrong with people! Never and I mean ever in my life time would I subject myself to that shit.
It’s foreign to us because we were raised to share, put others first and be respectful. Not all Canadians are of course and I’m not saying we’re better than, but I’ve wondered if it’s because of the population in mainland China that some people take what they can while they can because it’s going to disappear quickly.. using food as an example, if we grew up in a place where if we didn’t eat fast there wouldn’t be anything left at all, we’d likely adapt and be the same way. Hurry up and get what you can.

Thankfully Canada is vastly different. I only hope that future generations adopt our culture more and tell family members planning to move over here that acceptable behaviour in China can be frowned upon here.. like kids peeing in mall garbage cans. Hell if I moved to another country I’d be as polite af and if my Canadian ways bothered the locals, I’d stop immediately. First I’d say sorry of course. It’s the Canadian way.

This is a great place to live and that’s why so many people immigrate over here. Let’s keep it that way. If any of you reading this, whether you’re white, brown, beige or purple, know someone who dgaf about Canada and treats this Country with disrespect, tell them to smarten up or gtfo. Humans adapt. It’s in our nature. We can chill the fuck out over here and wait our turn. Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2019, 08:58 PM   #14724
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Back when I was in school, I did a bunch of research on passive homes, modular homes, and container homes. Assuming that you already own a detached and you just want a laneway/subdivision.

Anyone have any idea what the real world cost of these would be to build?
It should be in the 300s for a basic one. Depending on size of course.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #14725
MG1

.......... deleted. I have to bite my tongue.

Last edited by MG1; 08-20-2019 at 09:41 PM.