REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #14876
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 18 Posts
Pricepoints look good, but depends how big the units are. Could be 500 SF 1 bed and 700 SF 2 beds.
Advertisement
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #14877
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
You mean more like 350 sq 1 bed
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #14878
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
i would buy river district even if it's mosquito/spider heaven...sitting on a flood plain is a dealbreaker though...for affordable vancouver proper apts joyce is still a better proposition
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:17 PM   #14879

Failed 22 Times in 18 Posts
For me, in addition to its location on a floodplain and all water runoff coming down the hill from Champlain Heights, it is River Districts isolation that I don't like. Sort of located in the middle of nowhere, and Marine is really the only way in and out.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #14880
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,105 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i would buy river district even if it's mosquito/spider heaven...sitting on a flood plain is a dealbreaker though...for affordable vancouver proper apts joyce is still a better proposition
as someone who lived at joyce for 2 years, joyce isn't a great place to live.
with the expanded bus loop, the area is busy af now. its louder, busier, more drunks and drug addicts screaming at night, and just a terrible area to drive through with the poorly designed intersection at joyce and vanness. its convenient if you want to get the hell out of there with kingsway nearby and the skytrain, but otherwise, there's mostly ghetto restaurants and no decent grocery in walking distance.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #14881

i admit i only lived there for a year (5 years ago)...didn't use the skytrain much

i agree immediate food options could be better...for quick bite it's alright for other stuff patterson/metro/kingsway/vic drive are all reasonably close

every other complaint is applicable to almost all skytrain hubs

it's come a long way since the 80s/90s
Old 09-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #14882
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Anyone in the market right now and seeing prices beginning to recover? Ive noticed many properties are selling closer and closer to assessed values compared to a few months ago.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #14883
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Anyone in the market right now and seeing prices beginning to recover? Ive noticed many properties are selling closer and closer to assessed values compared to a few months ago.
I don't know what there selling for if they are even selling at all but in the area I've been looking in Cloverdale homes coming onto the market in the last month seem to be priced higher than they were for equivalent homes 3-4 months ago probably closer to there assessed value.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #14884
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 13 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
very interesting! Do they really think people are that stupid not to know that the price of the Tesla is built into their asking price?!

How do people fall for these things?! Still, interesting, and worthy enough to be talked about
Starting @ 1.06+ Million townhouse at South Surrey....
Why not detached home at Panorama Ridge?

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #14885
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
One place i looked at in PoCo languished a while then went into bidding war and sold over asking. Another place languished and then they reposted it and were aggressive with the open houses and it sold within a few days.
I went to see it Saturday and asked my realtor to set up a private showing and by Monday it was gone.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #14886
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhdeh View Post
This so much. My building is literally filled with mainlanders (my floor is all Chinese - most do not seem to speak English). Probably leans more towards renters than owners. They absolutely do not give a fuck about the building and I'm actively trying to sell my unit before this place rots from within.

If you live in one of these buildings, get ready for:

- cigarette butts all over your balcony
- fire alarms every other day because these fuck faces love smoking in units / stairwells / hallways
- dog shit all around the building, piss in the elevators
- dumbasses parking in spaces that do not belong to them
- garbage constantly on the floor of the trash room because it's too difficult to push it down the chute
- jammed trash chutes because these idiots think you can put FURNITURE AND BOXES into the chute
- emails every month from the strata begging people not to pour grease down the sink
- people hammering the door close button on the elevator to avoid letting you in and having to stop on 1 extra floor

Not even joking when I say I've lived in downtown Toronto condos full of UT/Ryerson students that were more courteous and respectful.

Avoid Metrotown condos at all cost IMO.
I used to live in one of the newer apartment around metrotown. First few months the strata was pretty easy going but the bylaws got enforce pretty tough. They started issuing fines for people who let their pets piss and poi within the building(lots of security camera was installed) same with smoking. The garbage room they closed it for a few days with notice in English and Chinese stating clearly people been throwing the furniture in the compactor and broke it. After that everything is fine. They also start issuing warnings and tickets for people who park their cars at other people parking spot or at the visitor parking.

Not sure how the strata fees is noe since I left after a year but when I was there a few people I know who lives in the building would turn the air conditioning on 24/7 even if they aren't at home or during winter turn the heat so high they have to wear T-shirt and shorts at home. Their reasoning is that since strata fee include heating and air conditioning cost of they don't waste it they are paying for someone else air conditioning and heat……
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #14887
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
Any of y'all ever lived in a 90's building? My realtor is leery to recommend them due to the whole leaky condo thing, but curious if any of those were built right? I do see some nice ones but once I see the age I get apprehensive.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 AM   #14888

Failed 15 Times in 7 Posts
There are some decent ones out there but you need to do ur research and he on strata minutes and what they’ve done. Pretty much find one that’s been rainscreened
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:18 AM   #14889

i lived in a 90s apt that was rainscreened like 8 years before...no issues
Old 09-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #14890
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
Any of y'all ever lived in a 90's building? My realtor is leery to recommend them due to the whole leaky condo thing, but curious if any of those were built right? I do see some nice ones but once I see the age I get apprehensive.
https://bridgewellgroup.ca/blog/leaky-condo/

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #14891

Welp, the subject to sale offer we've had on our place since summer is expiring Monday. Had started upgrading some shit thinking zero chance.

Received a call from my realtor said the other party has an offer but it would require somethings to get done. They needed us to extend the offer two weeks, they wanted possession of our place in November and they wanted 10K back because market has softened further since original offer in the summer and they have to take less for their place, house down the street just sold last week for 50K less then the offer we have.

I explained we've moved on mentally and frankly we were happy to stay here and start renovating. The only way this happens is they pay us every penny we agreed on and we stay here until end of January giving us ample time to either find another place to buy or rent if we choose however if they agree to those things they can have another two weeks. I'm thinking zero chance they accept that, I wouldn't.

This morning I get a text, offers accepted realtors on both sides dropped their commissions to make it happen (No brainier because they get nothing if they don't) just waiting for subject removals on their place. So now as long as the deal doesn't fall apart on their place we have a deal. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it, I know if it happens were getting a decent number for today but fuck I really was past all the finding a new place bullshit.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #14892

good luck
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #14893

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
So I'm debating between two condo's - one is a 13 year and the other is 6 years. Location of the 13 year is better, however they are pretty close to each other. Both are extremely well kept but the 6 year has a 600k contingency fund vs. 200k.

I personally like the location/amenities of the 13 year more but obviously it would be harder to sell down the road.

How much did age factor in any of your decisions regarding condo purchases?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2019, 09:19 PM   #14894

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
I think the best time to own a condo is between 3yrs and 9yrs if your lucky and can time it right. New enough so all the issues are ironed out and you skip town before the warranty expires and any large issues rear their ugly head. Developer is also a big factor and make sure you read all the strata minutes.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #14895
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 15 Times in 3 Posts
Any recommendations for real estate lawyer? Long store short, I sold a presale assignment, have an accepted offer. Offer states that buyer will pay me deposit + lift on closing date, this Friday. Buyer now wants pay when the condo is actually completed. I don’t think they have a case since everything is written in the offer. Thanks
yoursyumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #14896
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
So I'm debating between two condo's - one is a 13 year and the other is 6 years. Location of the 13 year is better, however they are pretty close to each other. Both are extremely well kept but the 6 year has a 600k contingency fund vs. 200k.

I personally like the location/amenities of the 13 year more but obviously it would be harder to sell down the road.

How much did age factor in any of your decisions regarding condo purchases?
If both units are similar in layout and you'd be equally happy living in both then I'd go with the 6 year old.

- half the age
- 400k higher contingency fund means less money out of your pocket
- still new enough that you shouldn't have any major repair issues if anything comes up
- close enough to 13 year old location that it shouldn't be a big issue
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #14897

Done deal, subjects removed sold my house. Bitter sweet with all the bullshit of selling it this summer and being there 12 years watching my kid grow up there I'm sort of sad to be leaving but on to the next wherever that happens to be.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #14898
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Congrats on the sale! Moving on to new and better things!
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #14899
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Congrats!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #14900
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
Congrats, where are you going to move to? I'm wondering with winter fast approaching will interest in buying and people listing up their units drop?

Also anyone with experience putting subject to sale offers? My realtor is advising against it and the properties I'm interested doesn't want to take one
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote