REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #15001
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,567 Times in 4,936 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
McCary's........ my mom had one from the 40's that just wouldn't die. It's the kind of fridge that would help you survive a nuclear blast, a la Indiana Jones.

I inherited a 30 year old chest freezer made by McClary thirty years ago. It kept working. I sold it with the house way back when (twenty years ago). I bet it's still in good working condition. It was an eyesore, though.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #15002
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
If you are looking for an old school style washer and dryer: https://speedqueen.com/
Old 11-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #15003
MG1

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...rticle1012278/

Old 11-22-2019, 07:06 AM   #15004
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
I'm currently looking for a fridge, and pretty much all major brands LG/Samsung/GE/Whirlpool/Frigidaire from my research are crap.

Kitchenaid is somewhat expensive(r), but they are pretty much the same as a comparable Whirlpool/Maytag, but with nicer handles and exterior. Jenni-air is the next step up, but again, just nicer handles. All of them are made by the same manufacturer

Some current Kenmore models are made by LG, so google "LG compressor lawsuit"

Samsung has already been touched on. GE/Profile/Cafe are made/owned by Haeir, also has shit that breaks down. Cafe is pretty up there in price, and they look nice, but that's about it. Fisher & Paykel is also owned by Haier. They look nice? but are on the smaller side as they try to be even more flush with your counters

The only ones that I've found without reviews that makes it sound like they are not the worse fridges ever made are the newer Bosch. The older ones were made by a Chinese company, but the newer ones with dual condensers are made by themselves. But their selection is limited and are on the pricier side, and unknown track record as they are relatively new with their own fridges. Their dishwashers are pretty highly regarded, along with Miele.

Not Subzero/Thermodor/Wolf pricey, but more like I could buy 2 x LG/Samsung/Maytag fridge for the same price

Last but not least, Frigidaire Professional vs Gallery, again, is just nicer "pro handles"

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #15005
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,370 Times in 462 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
Kitchenaid is somewhat expensive(r), but they are pretty much the same as a comparable Whirlpool/Maytag, but with nicer handles and exterior. Jenni-air is the next step up, but again, just nicer handles. All of them are made by the same manufacturer

The only ones that I've found without reviews that makes it sound like they are not the worse fridges ever made are the newer Bosch. The older ones were made by a Chinese company, but the newer ones with dual condensers are made by themselves. But their selection is limited and are on the pricier side, and unknown track record as they are relatively new with their own fridges. Their dishwashers are pretty highly regarded, along with Miele.
+1 on your Kitchenaid remarks - got one recently.
Yes, the handles and style are nice but the plastics compartments on the inside still feel kinda flimsy.

One reason why we sprang for Kitchenaid was that lead time for repair parts was said to be better than the Korean brands.

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #15006
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,921 Times in 761 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts
the current home that sold recently is all kitchenaid and has been extremely reliable over my 2.5yrs of owning this house

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM   #15007
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
KA quality seems to have declined too...1st dishwasher lasted like 12 years....last one didn't even make it to 5 and the button placement are crap (accidental presses)
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #15008
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
+1 on your Kitchenaid remarks - got one recently.
Yes, the handles and style are nice but the plastics compartments on the inside still feel kinda flimsy.

One reason why we sprang for Kitchenaid was that lead time for repair parts was said to be better than the Korean brands.
I actually really like their handles and clean exterior as that's exactly how I want our remodeled kitchen to have similar handles. But most of them have the Maytag plastic interior.

Their fridges with the "platinum interior" are a step up from the Maytag interior, but the prices are quite a step up as well

And then their seals on the door are gross...

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:53 AM   #15009
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
I got a lemon with my Miele dishwasher, used less than 5 times and the pump went. However their customer service is top notch, made a claim and within 3 days they came and put a brand new one for me. Extremely quiet and very happy wuth the results.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #15010
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Kitchenaid, Maytag and Frigidaire are just Whirlpool.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #15011
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 71 Times in 6 Posts
Does anyone live in Concord Gardens (Richmond)?

I'm thinking about buying a pre-sale for their last phase. One bedrooms are around $1000/sq inch
LaidbacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:52 AM   #15012
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidbacK View Post

I'm thinking about buying a pre-sale for their last phase. One bedrooms are around $1000/sq inch
Oh man, I gotta check this place out. I wonder if it's 12 times better than anywhere else.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:04 AM   #15013
MG1

$1000.00 x 144 = YIKES!!!

Then again, when you live amongst the gods, it's cheap.

Or, are we talking https://www.myolympicpark.com/things-to-do/mt-olympus

Last edited by MG1; 11-24-2019 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #15014
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidbacK View Post

Rented out 3 affordable units to people coming over from Concord Garden's first phase. All of them said that the quality was crap but I've never been inside of a unit so I can't confirm this.

The affordable units are usually of the same quality and finishes as the regular units. They are just units that cant be sold and must be rented out for less than market rates as per agreements with the city.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 06:28 AM   #15015

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
The look for a new home has stopped for us, nothing out there that we like so next week I start searching for a rental for January.

My question is how are people finding rentals? Is it all Craigslist or is there other/better methods for finding one? I know what I'm looking for is going to be a pain to find because I have two dogs. I've never rented so I have no idea, I moved straight out of my parents and bought two decades ago.

Another question more investment related. I want to park a decent chunk of money short term and need to keep it liquid in case I find something. Any ideas on a good spot to leave it for best return?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #15016
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
We have been making use of EQ Bank's savings account. 2.30% interest right now. Insured up to $100k. Nothing locked in. No fees.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #15017
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The look for a new home has stopped for us, nothing out there that we like so next week I start searching for a rental for January.

My question is how are people finding rentals? Is it all Craigslist or is there other/better methods for finding one? I know what I'm looking for is going to be a pain to find because I have two dogs. I've never rented so I have no idea, I moved straight out of my parents and bought two decades ago.

Another question more investment related. I want to park a decent chunk of money short term and need to keep it liquid in case I find something. Any ideas on a good spot to leave it for best return?
Try to talk to your real estate agent. A lot of them do have some connections or know someone wanting to rent their units out.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM   #15018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Try to talk to your real estate agent. A lot of them do have some connections or know someone wanting to rent their units out.
I did, they gave me a number but were like I should warn you after you talk to this guy you're going to want a shower....I was like yeah no I'll figure it out on my own.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 11-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #15019
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
I did, they gave me a number but were like I should warn you after you talk to this guy you're going to want a shower....I was like yeah no I'll figure it out on my own.
Where are you looking? How big? I have a client out in Langley who just finished a rental condo build with furnished units. I think he has some units left to fill.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #15020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Where are you looking? How big? I have a client out in Langley who just finished a rental condo build with furnished units. I think he has some units left to fill.
Ideally Cloverdale because my son goes to highschool there that said I am open to Langley or other parts of Surrey if I think I can make it work.

I'm coming from a 2,700sf house I need another house and a yard a condo won't work (doesn't have to be that big, 3 bed 2 bath will work) . Thanks for posting an option though, appreciate it.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #15021
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I havent had to look for a rental myself, but as a landlord i've been told multiple times when looking for a Tenant, that I should be looking in the "Housing wanted" section of craigslist

The thought it, when you post an ad yourself as to specifically what you're looking for as opposed to just fishing through hundreds of ad's, somone may come across it and see you as the perfect fit for their home as opposed to you having to get in line for some other home with an open ad

Worth a shot at least
Old 11-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #15022
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:

I know of a small 2 bedroom house in Langley that's for rent. It's on 1.25 acres and has a shop. The house is older but just had some work done. Have not seen the house so I don't know the condition. Sent me a P.M. if you want the contact info.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:01 PM   #15023
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
I know what I'm looking for is going to be a pain to find because I have two dogs.
Good luck with the search. Like you said, the two dogs will make things tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #15024

Thanked 2,511 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Any guides/articles y'all recommend before look at a first home? Or did you guys just trust the realtor to teach you everything?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:17 PM   #15025

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
depends on what your looking at getting. Condo, Townhouse, House. Unless your realtor is a friend of yours i wouldnt trust them.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: