REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #15026
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
Doesn't hurt to just hit up open houses on the weekend.
Then you'll learn what you like and don't like, ie which direction it's facing, layout and etc etc.
Advertisement
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:45 PM   #15027
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Any guides/articles y'all recommend before look at a first home? Or did you guys just trust the realtor to teach you everything?
Learning from experience plus supplement that knowledge with shit your realtor will teach you assuming he/she isn't shitty.

I would consume as many open houses as possible even if it's something that you may not like or even over your budget. Heck even look at different properties condo/single family/townhome. Seeing all the different types of properties, lay outs, new vs old, pre sales, prices ranges, styles within diff cities all teach you something in some way,

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #15028
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Buy the condo close to skytrain with the better facing view eventhough itll stretch your budget. My condo is still appreciating even in these slow times while my neighbors are staying stagnant.

Research the developer thoroughly by checking out their previous builds.

Last edited by Ludepower; 11-26-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #15029
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
depends on what your looking at getting. Condo, Townhouse, House. Unless your realtor is a friend of yours i wouldnt trust them.
+1
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #15030
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Good luck with the search. Like you said, the two dogs will make things tough.
100%, at the end of the day it's nothing money can't fix if I have to I'll just throw more money at people to make it worth their wild.

Still not looking forward to finding a place.......

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #15031
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Any guides/articles y'all recommend before look at a first home? Or did you guys just trust the realtor to teach you everything?
Feel free to pick my brain, no strings attached A one-on-one personal overview is infinitely more relevant. Always enjoy working with potential buyers.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:26 AM   #15032
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
For condos and townhomes I also have a checklist I occasionally repost. It’s moreso to do with brand new units and the finishing walk through but it also gives an idea of some things go to look at.

In other news East Van sales seems to be heating up, our neighborhood behind us sold his house with 1 open house and 8 days on the market. Also lots more sold signs all over
Old 11-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #15033
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
so my wife wants to buy another house....."investment opportunity" she says and rent out our current house

the last thing i thought I would be entertaining right now was buying a new house. I'm in an extremely comfortable position with my current house/mortgage and don't really feel all that excited to take on a much larger monthly payment

only upside would be getting a double car garage....that i would be pretty pumped for

she would like to be closer to burnaby, i say fuck no....i like the coquitlam center area would entertain going up the hill ie poirier area
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #15034
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
For condos and townhomes I also have a checklist I occasionally repost. It’s moreso to do with brand new units and the finishing walk through but it also gives an idea of some things go to look at.

In other news East Van sales seems to be heating up, our neighborhood behind us sold his house with 1 open house and 8 days on the market. Also lots more sold signs all over
Can you repost that link? I am doing a new condo inspection next week, that would be incredibly useful.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #15035
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,841 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Can you repost that link? I am doing a new condo inspection next week, that would be incredibly useful.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0e...o0RmZLQkk/view
Old 11-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #15036
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
so my wife wants to buy another house....."investment opportunity" she says and rent out our current house

the last thing i thought I would be entertaining right now was buying a new house. I'm in an extremely comfortable position with my current house/mortgage and don't really feel all that excited to take on a much larger monthly payment

only upside would be getting a double car garage....that i would be pretty pumped for

she would like to be closer to burnaby, i say fuck no....i like the coquitlam center area would entertain going up the hill ie poirier area
After being in Coquitlam over a year went back to metrotown last weekend and my God there are way too many people, line up everywhere. I much prefer coq center
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #15037

oh man i haven't been to metrotown in a LONG LONG time and can't say i miss it

when i say she would like to be closer to burnaby i mean north burnaby.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #15038

Anyone familiar with or used Laurentian Bank of Canada?

They are offering 3.3% on a high interest savings which is way more then anything else I've seen.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #15039

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Anyone familiar with or used Laurentian Bank of Canada?

They are offering 3.3% on a high interest savings which is way more then anything else I've seen.
They're an offshoot like Tangerine>Scotia, so online-only based. I've heard the website/app is pretty buggy like their other offshoot, B2B so caution there if you need cash access at a moments notice. Rate isn't guaranteed.

Deposits up to $100k are covered through CDIC, so if you have deep 6 figures but want to take advantage of these rates, you'll need to open separate accounts or go through different banks.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 11-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #15040
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Failed 88 Times in 33 Posts
Wow 3.3%..
Old 11-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #15041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
They're an offshoot like Tangerine>Scotia, so online-only based. I've heard the website/app is pretty buggy like their other offshoot, B2B so caution there if you need cash access at a moments notice. Rate isn't guaranteed.

Deposits up to $100k are covered through CDIC, so if you have deep 6 figures but want to take advantage of these rates, you'll need to open separate accounts or go through different banks.
I seen that as well about the CDIC but then when I was looking at a major bank like RBC it's the same insurance so I don't know if this totally standard?

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/partners/cdic/index.html

We're looking to park a decent amount on the short term, about 750. My brother in law said the same thing, if you need cash quickly be careful because they'll probably mail you a draft on a large amount and it could take weeks.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:12 PM   #15042
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Gives a decent overview / realistic assessment:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/inve...e-33-per-cent/
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #15043

can't see anything mentioning the 3.3% on their website?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #15044

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
can't see anything mentioning the 3.3% on their website?
https://www.lbcdigital.ca//en/index

I did call and speak to them, they said you could link your primary bank and transfer money online, it's an online account. I was told no limit to the amount you could deposit it's not an introductory rate but at the same time like anything it's subject to change.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:40 PM   #15045
private modder

Anyone used Spagnuolo & Company for their real estate transaction?
Old 11-27-2019, 01:34 PM   #15046

^^^

They're one of the largest RE conveyancing firms out there. Tons of branches. Slight premium for similar results so up to you as to their value. Had a few clients comment in the past for getting passed around for answers since multiple people can end up handling one file.

Old 11-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #15047

ya i used them on my last mortgage renewal
Old 11-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #15048

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
https://www.lbcdigital.ca//en/index

I did call and speak to them, they said you could link your primary bank and transfer money online, it's an online account. I was told no limit to the amount you could deposit it's not an introductory rate but at the same time like anything it's subject to change.
got it thanks, also want to confirm it's the high interest savings account not the checking account
Old 11-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #15049
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I've been trying to open one online, but the stupid equifax questions are so crazy random and keeps gonging me out... how am I supposed to remember if I might have switched phone companies in August of 2015
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #15050
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
^^^

They're one of the largest RE conveyancing firms out there. Tons of branches. Slight premium for similar results so up to you as to their value. Had a few clients comment in the past for getting passed around for answers since multiple people can end up handling one file.
Can you define slight premium? They quoted $950 for a purchase with mortgage, plus disbursements.