REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #16301
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
That’s pretty amazing. I recently tried to refinance my place, any extra money taken out would have been at today’s rate, blended into my old rate. Big bank fees suck. Lol. Was going to be 12k to get out of my current rate completely (32 months remaining).
ya i don't get it either...something doesn't seem right but that's what he said.
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #16302
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
It’s fine if you don’t need to leave, but the second you do it could be a total nightmare any time of day.
This is a bit misleading, I've lived in Queensborough (down the street from Peninsula) for almost 2 years now.

Yes, it COULD be a nightmare, but 98% of the time it isn't. The only real time is when you're trying to leave queensborough around 5pm, otherwise it generally isn't bad.

There's a stupid right turn, then right turn to get onto the Queensborough Bridge that's a clusterfuck but that's usually due to assholes who turn from the middle lanes.

I'll admit It does get bad when there's an accident, but that's the same everywhere. It was super bad when it snowed, but that's the same everywhere again.

It's not a bad place to live, although the train noises take a bit getting used to.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #16303
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Jesus...you guys weren't kidding. It's still up on their website.

The sales will tell you it's going to be built, they just don't know the timeline

Good luck getting approval from Transport Canada and Port Metro Vancouver.... Negotiation alone will probably be 5+ years.
cafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #16304
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Hard to believe that I grew up and spent the first 26 years of my life in Richmond, and I have never been to the Queensborough area other than driving across the bridge into new west.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #16305

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Hard to believe that I grew up and spent the first 26 years of my life in Richmond, and I have never been to the Queensborough area other than driving across the bridge into new west.
Lol, I can relate used to drive all the time when I worked on site so I would be all over the lower mainland all the time. UBC, Downtown, SFU, New West, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond ect.... 2 tanks of gas a week.

Now I work 10 minutes from my home and I might leave Cloverdale/Langley and drive west of 168th maybe two or three times a year and West of the Fraser River one or two times a year for personal and maybe another 2-3 times for work. I use a tank of gas ever 3-4 weeks, during intial covid shut down it was 3 months.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #16306
xxx

Failed 58 Times in 27 Posts
Hey guys

A number of pages back we briefly talked about land assemblies. I recently received two letters a month apart from two different realty companies/property agents: London Pacific and ReMax. The first (London Pacific) was to encourage us to contact them to get details on land assemblies which based on our zoning, allows for 10-story buildings to be built, so this is more of a general letter.

The second from ReMax indicated a neighbour had reached out about possibly selling. They need 4 houses in order to proceed.

Anyway, I understand and will certainly contact both to get a better understanding of what's happening as it's obviously still early in the process and I don't want to get my hopes up.

Just wondering if there are any pitfalls to avoid when discussing this stuff with the agents? Is it also normal to negotiate reimbursement of fees (like breaking mortgage, moving costs, renting costs, etc.)? I obviously want to maximize the value I get if this actually goes somewhere.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #16307
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafe22 View Post
The sales will tell you it's going to be built, they just don't know the timeline
I know this probably goes without saying, but absolutely never buy on the promise of something being built. A future elementary school that was pitched as a selling point for a house my parents bought when I was in diapers (that's not why they bought there though) didn't end up opening until after I had graduated
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2020, 06:02 PM   #16308
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Well, everything in infrastructure construction or even planning (aside from Residential because thats where the money is at) moves at the pace of a dead slug here.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:41 PM   #16309
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I know this probably goes without saying, but absolutely never buy on the promise of something being built. A future elementary school that was pitched as a selling point for a house my parents bought when I was in diapers (that's not why they bought there though) didn't end up opening until after I had graduated
A more recent example would be the elementary school that was promised for Olympic Village.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2020, 06:46 PM   #16310
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
What about the sky train to Langley
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #16311
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
the cynic in me is thinking: graduated....university

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2020, 02:02 AM   #16312
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Imagine how long it would've taken if he dropped out.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2020, 06:59 AM   #16313

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Schools where I used to live went up like crazy.

I moved in around 2010, 2 new elementary schools in the first 5 years I lived there, 1 new high school to supplement the existing one and they are currently building 2 more elementary schools all this within a 5km radius.

To be honest they need it, the elementary school my son went to had the most kids of any elementary school in the province pretty sure it was pushing close to 1000 kids if not more.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #16314
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
the cynic in me is thinking: graduated....university
PhD
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #16315
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 25 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleophobic View Post
Hey guys

A number of pages back we briefly talked about land assemblies. I recently received two letters a month apart from two different realty companies/property agents: London Pacific and ReMax. The first (London Pacific) was to encourage us to contact them to get details on land assemblies which based on our zoning, allows for 10-story buildings to be built, so this is more of a general letter.

The second from ReMax indicated a neighbour had reached out about possibly selling. They need 4 houses in order to proceed.

Anyway, I understand and will certainly contact both to get a better understanding of what's happening as it's obviously still early in the process and I don't want to get my hopes up.

Just wondering if there are any pitfalls to avoid when discussing this stuff with the agents? Is it also normal to negotiate reimbursement of fees (like breaking mortgage, moving costs, renting costs, etc.)? I obviously want to maximize the value I get if this actually goes somewhere.
There is nothing much to discuss other than how much money you will be getting. Some residents play the long game and some just grab the money and run. Again, it depends how much money they are offering and what you think your land is worth. (if your neighborhood had something similar project like this in the recent years if not months, you can see how much the houses were sold to the developer and use it as a comparison)

The money is likely a cash deal meaning they will not be paying you extra for moving etc but if you are getting +1mil +2mil on top of your assessment, it is really not that much of a concern.

It doesn't hurt to see what those two agency willing to offer, but if it is approved to be rezone for 10-story building you will be leaning much towards the plus side on top of your assessment.

my SO does land assemblies for private investors so i hear a thing or two.
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #16316
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,842 Times in 5,903 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Anyone renew their mortgage on a blended rate?

I ran some numbers today and with almost any penalty (our 14 months remaining is likely a $3000 penalty or so) it isn’t worth but if we can go from our current 2.4 to a 1.9 on 20 year amortization we save quite a bit and the payment goes down about $200 or so
Old 09-10-2020, 08:10 PM   #16317
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Your saying by dropping your amortization you can get today’s rate without penalty?
Old 09-10-2020, 09:05 PM   #16318

If I’m able to re-mortgage with my current provider potentially. But as I said on a blended 5 year fixed
Old 09-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #16319
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
So what is getting blended? Details please. Lol.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #16320

So I’ve got 14 months left on a 5 year fixed at 2.4, originally 25 year amortization

By doing a blended rate renewal I will be keeping that 2.4 rate for the remaining 14 months but the remaining time on the new mortgage will be at the current rate. And by lowering my amortization hopefully I can get the best rate, 1.9 or so I’m thinking

And by doing this with my current bank I *should* avoid any penalties. Frankly I’m not entirely up on the whole situation however my mom writes mortgages for coast capital for the last 25 years and she kinda laid this scenario out for me and said it shouldn’t be a problem so we will see
Old 09-11-2020, 08:51 AM   #16321
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
I'm getting a blended rate as well in a few weeks. I'm almost 3 years into a 5 year term, so the penalty to break my existing mortgage is way too expensive. Hopefully the interest rate stays low, when I renew next, but that's wishful thinking.

My rate was 3.65% (ouch) thanks to Donald Trump and the economic situation at the time, but c'est la vie. The blended rate will bring it down by a bit, but will certainly not make it worthwhile to break the existing mortgage. I think my penalty is somewhere between $12K - $15K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #16322
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I'm getting a blended rate as well in a few weeks. I'm almost 3 years into a 5 year term, so the penalty to break my existing mortgage is way too expensive. Hopefully the interest rate stays low, when I renew next, but that's wishful thinking.

My rate was 3.65% (ouch) thanks to Donald Trump and the economic situation at the time, but c'est la vie. The blended rate will bring it down by a bit, but will certainly not make it worthwhile to break the existing mortgage. I think my penalty is somewhere between $12K - $15K.
On the exact same boat as you with a slight better 3.19%.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #16323
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Given all the uncertainties (economic, political, COVID, etc.), I can't really see how BoC can possibly hike rates any any meaningful amounts, and they have said something along the same lines as well in their most recent interest rate review (if I am interpreting them correctly). Esp with COVID, I don't think the uncertainty that creates will be behind us until at least spring, if not longer.

But really, if COVID can be gone at the cost of us seeing some interest rate hikes, I'd gladly take a few points worth of rate increase.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #16324
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
While fixed rates remain the preference for a small majority of homeowners in Canada, it has been shown that borrowers who take variable rate mortgages come ahead over the long term (20+ years).

We are going with a variable rate for our next property for the first time after being homeowners for over 10 years. The penalties that most lenders charge to break a fixed rate mortgage are very high given the typical mortgage size these days. Also, I think we are in period of prolonged interest rate stagnation because whether we like it or not, COVID-19 is here to stay and a lot of businesses are never coming back. If interest rates rise sharply, breaking a variable mortgage is cheap in order to lock into a fixed rate mortgage.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2020, 02:38 PM   #16325
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 42 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

i'm in the same boat. question is whats the rate that you would settle with to pay that penalty? how low will it go?
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote