REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #16651
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
This new generation of folks. Let's spend $500K - $1 million to get a place, so we can have "privacy". Just fucking put a pillow over the girl face to muffle the sound and fuck them at your parents LOL.
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #16652
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
This new generation of folks. Let's spend $500K - $1 million to get a place, so we can have "privacy". Just fucking put a pillow over the girl face to muffle the sound and fuck them at your parents LOL.
Until you find yourself only able to get hard if you have your parents next door and you have to smother the girl with a pillow.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #16653
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Until you find yourself only able to get hard if you have your parents next door and you have to smother the girl with a pillow.
You speaking from experience?
Old 11-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #16654
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Sounds like my parents. They cashed out a few years ago though and have been moving all over the place. Been through a TH and 2 condos. My mom is thinking of moving again.

Our 3br TH has 2 parking. Some of the units have 3 spots and I am indefinitely jealous cause I would 100% have some other POS sitting in that 3rd spot.
So I shouldn't rub it in that I have 4 cars and a motorcycle parked in the garage of my TH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #16655
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
So I shouldn't rub it in that I have 4 cars and a motorcycle parked in the garage of my TH?
Pics
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #16656
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
This thread took a wrong turn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #16657

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
I did this ^ but I also planned to be in this house for the rest of time. We have a legal suite for if/when I get married, I'll move into the suite. When I have kids, my parents will take the suite and I'll be in the main house.

But also I don't really care if my parents see whoever I'm bringing home. Just a little awkward if she's loud. I think it mattered way more to the girls to do the walk of shame than me LOL

My mom to a gf once: "dw it's natural" LOOOOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Best sex with that same gf was on her parents couch with her highly strict/tiger parents in the next room

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 11-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 03:07 PM   #16658

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I'm definitely grateful having that extra space to store a car or two haha. But I think we might downsize soon. My brother will be moving out soon and if my mom stays at the house alone. The carrying costs average out to like $800 - 1,000/month.

At what age would you consider your parents moving back into you so you can help them out? My mom wants to live with me in the future after I get married and have kids. She's turning 70 next year. However, I can't fathom living with her again since after finally moving out. The privacy and space is too good to give up lol
Wife and I have talked about it a little and honestly we aren't sure about moving in with either side.
I'm not sure I can stand living with her mom because a trip together drove me up a wall, and we would fight over the kitchen. Her mom is also a bit of a control freak and is "never wrong" and drives my wife up a wall.
My parents are a little better because my mom had a poor relationship with my grandma(her MIL) and she knows her boundaries.... ish. My dad doesn't understand time boundaries though, especially since he's now retired and I work from home. It would mean working from home would be impossible.

Too early really..... maybe in another 5-10 years. My mom is still working, maybe if we REALLY need child care help.
How old are you?

Quote:
I weighed out my options and it went like this.

My rent options if I wanna stay within 10 - 20 minutes of where my friends and work. I'd be saving difference compared to buying.

$1,000 - 1,300/month splitting a nice 2br condo
$1,600 - 2,300/month for a 1br
$2,300 - 2,700 for a 2br so I can have a home office

or I can drop $100 - 150k on a downpayment and live a bit further away in areas I considered.

$550k - Studio in Oly Village
$530 - 600k 1br in Kits
$525 - 550k 1br in Joyce
$650- 675k 2br in Brentwood
$400 - 525k in Richmond

The issue I have is that if the place I'm buying isn't better than my current place at home. I rather just move back home and be closer to everything. That's why I haven't considered older place in like New West, Coquitlam, Edmunds, and Richmond. I guess I'm spoiled and priviledged because I have that option.
Is Richmond that cheap? We don't have the privilege of moving home, neither side has a house we can move into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
Pics
How? And what Fafine said.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #16659

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Best sex with that same gf was on her parents vouch with her highly strict/tiger parents in the next room
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #16660
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Eh, living with parents? Just fuck in your car.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #16661
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Best sex with that same gf was on her parents couch with her highly strict/tiger parents
Geezus dude.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #16662
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Too early really..... maybe in another 5-10 years. My mom is still working, maybe if we REALLY need child care help.
How old are you?

Is Richmond that cheap? We don't have the privilege of moving home, neither side has a house we can move into.
I'm turning 25 soon and I can't fathom having to take care of my mom in 5 - 10 year. I hope she keeps her good health but you never know when they will deteriorate in their old age. Something I have to keep in mind for the future.

The $400 - 525k estimate is for 5 - 15-year-old condos ranging from 500 - 700 square foot 1 BR. I think Richmond is cheaper compared to Burnaby. I don't mind living there but I heard the bridge commute makes it pretty awful.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #16663
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
At what age would you consider your parents moving back into you so you can help them out? My mom wants to live with me in the future after I get married and have kids. She's turning 70 next year. However, I can't fathom living with her again since after finally moving out. The privacy and space is too good to give up lol
For me and le wifey, it'll happen when our parents are no longer capable of fully looking after themselves. Age is irrelevant.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 06:46 PM   #16664
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Turning 70 this year and waiting until you get married and have kids? Lol

Hate to break it to ya but that ain’t much of a turn around. I’m 35 my parents are in their early 60’s and I’m not sure our plans would even pan out due to their age.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #16665

Already lost one parent early, so I'm aware that time is limited with my mom!

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 11-11-2020, 09:59 AM   #16666

Quote:
Already lost one parent early, so I'm aware that time is limited with my mom!
70 is still relatively young at this day and age. If your mom is in good health and has no major health issues 10 years is easy.

The things really to look out for is stroke and falls. Strokes can be a little hard to prevent but a minor stroke, if caught early, one can recover from even into their 80's. My grandma had a stroke at 81 and she recovered enough to not even need a walker in one year.

Stairs is a blessing and a curse though, it's a great "exercise" but it's also a fall risk. It's something to think about in the house that she lives in.

I hope your mom lives a good long life to see you have kids (if you are planning kids). My mom said to not have kids and discouraged us from having kids. She loves my son. She does so much extra work just for him.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #16667

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Seriously though... for any younger peeps in this thread, if you are planning to have kids... have them early. The benefits far outweigh the cons.

My first and second son was 3yrs apart, and I should still be in my relative physical prime of early 30s... and I can already feel that sometimes my energy is just not the way it used to.

And to the grandparents part... they can be a great pair of hands to keep family/work priority in check. Unless one of you/spouse is staying out of work to take care of the kids, having grandparents able to look after the kiddos is something I greatly appreciate my parents/in-laws for.
This would only be possible if they are still relatively early in their retirements and energy/health aren't yet a concern.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #16668
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Seriously though... for any younger peeps in this thread, if you are planning to have kids... have them early. The benefits far outweigh the cons.

My first and second son was 3yrs apart, and I should still be in my relative physical prime of early 30s... and I can already feel that sometimes my energy is just not the way it used to.

And to the grandparents part... they can be a great pair of hands to keep family/work priority in check. Unless one of you/spouse is staying out of work to take care of the kids, having grandparents able to look after the kiddos is something I greatly appreciate my parents/in-laws for.
This would only be possible if they are still relatively early in their retirements and energy/health aren't yet a concern.
The other argument I'd make for having them early is better chance of healthy kids. The two friends I have that waited both had issues conceiving and on top of that they both ended up with 1 of their two kids being special needs. Now maybe it was just bad luck but I have a hard time believing age didn't factor in.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #16669

35 is when it starts being high risk for the mom. I'd start try having kids by 30, so many of my friends who are having troubles conceiving.

And yes on the energy part.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 08:21 AM   #16670

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
In my teens and early 20's I was in the basement so they didn't have to come through the front door upstairs and say hi but my room was directly under the living room where my parents are like 90% of the time when they're awake and there was an air vent that connected between the 2 areas/floors meaning I could definitely hear things more clearly upstairs and them from downstairs. Gave zero fucks, they didn't say anything, I don't bring it up either. It's just one of those you both know what went down but nobody says a things scenarios.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 08:57 AM   #16671

Thanked 1,887 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
30? My friends are barely married yet. And all the ones with kids are accidents

Ppl can barely afford to buy a place at 30 how can you afford kids. Unless you live that parents basement life. Or rent forever
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 09:47 AM   #16672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Ppl can barely afford to buy a place at 30 how can you afford kids. Unless you live that parents basement life. Or rent forever
How are you and your friends doing in terms of living conditions? Are most people sticking it out at home? Do people have a plan to move out to rent or buy a place?

I know there are a decent amount of people who would rather stay home despite having the funds and support to move out. They don't wanna sacrifice the home-cooked lunch/dinners every day. They would also be sacrificing their garage, parents doing their laundry, and cleaning the entire home.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #16673
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
30? My friends are barely married yet. And all the ones with kids are accidents

TBH not sure how people do it.

My first place only cost $157K, 3 bedroom townhouse that was over 20 years ago. Even at that I waited 5 years to have a kid and honestly it was a struggle with daycare. Since then we've flipped homes twice and we have a reasonably small mortgage considering what most people are carrying today but not as small as it was.

I don't know how my son is ever going to move out let alone buy a place, he'll just have to wait I guess until Mom and Dad kick it and he can have ours.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #16674
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
No kids, no problems lol
Old 11-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #16675

Thanked 1,887 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
A lot of my friends still live at home, unless they have loaded parents that bought them a presale.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: