REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #19676
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
TD has this as both my last/current variables had/have trigger rates. Its always based on your contract rate including if there's any interest discretion. So if example you have prime -1.05%
and the trigger is 5% then prime rate would need to be at 6.05% in order for your payments to change. I was also told there's also variable without trigger but banks would usually not choose that route
Advertisement
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #19677
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
As a counterpoint to selling your apartment due to the kid coming, bear in mind that you don't necessarily need a lot of space because of the baby until they start to crawl around. You do need some space for baby stuff, but if my wife and I can do it in our 700 sq ft apartment back then, I think it shouldn't be too difficult in your 600 sq ft unit as well.

Mind you, having easy -- basically 24/7 lol -- access to grandparents to help with the baby is another thing to factor into your considerations. But there is always that fine line of the pros and cons of having the grandparents helping with your baby. Some stuff will be huge help. Other things will annoy you to no end. And that hasn't factored into whether your wife will get along well with your parents when you are living under the same roof. It's a totally different dynamics compared to just having your wife spend time together with your parents. And having the baby as an extra potential flash point could create bad tension when the parenting / child caring styles between the Mom and the grandparents are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Thanks guys for the comments! Sounds like essentially I need to sell the place (my only principal residence) first (whether it's in a few months or >a year), then crash back at my parents crib to live and then buy a bigger place (safest option). I don't plan to rent my principal residence out or change the usage of it besides living it in for personal usage with fiancee currently.

It's really the part where if we decide to sell the presale we just took possession of in a few months or a year, and then buy a bigger home for change in family purposes (eg. Kids), will that trigger CRA attention due to the short time frame. I'm not trying to "skirt" the system or trying to hold multiple homes, just want to get an understanding what options I have for planning purposes. My current place is like 600sq ft and this development delayed 1.5 year completion due to Covid - the needs have changed now as now I head into family life where I need a bigger place.

Last edited by Traum; 11-15-2021 at 10:17 PM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #19678
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
In the current market situation, would it be best to post a higher price and take an offer 1-3% less than asking or better off to post a fair price and wait for bidders?

Situation: Currently own a 1br 650 sq. ft condo in Kits. Neighboring unit recently (September 2021) sold their 640 sq. ft unit for $1202/sq ft. They asked for $1210 originally.

Would most realtor want me to list it at $1202 for a quick sale?
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #19679

Yes. Most realtors will want a quick sale. Posting a high price may deter potential buyers where as a fair price gets people in the door which you want. The buyer agent would try to get to that $1202/sf. Question to ask yourself is that number OK with you? What realistic number are you looking at? Listing high hopefully for a biter to take your list price or hoping for multiple offers if that doesn't happen how disappointed would you be? My brother did that listing his coquitlam TH a couple months back and he got 2 offers. Both with subjects both under his asking. He wasn't too happy at all but still sold

Last edited by 6thGear.; 11-16-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #19680
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,884 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 119 Posts
Price at $1202 market and try to get over ask? I'm not sure what the demand on an one bed in kits will be though.....
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #19681

My thoughts the same but probably someone who REALLY wants to be in that area. Retiree or DINKS? Maybe investor to rent out specifically?
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #19682
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
In the current market situation, would it be best to post a higher price and take an offer 1-3% less than asking or better off to post a fair price and wait for bidders?

Situation: Currently own a 1br 650 sq. ft condo in Kits. Neighboring unit recently (September 2021) sold their 640 sq. ft unit for $1202/sq ft. They asked for $1210 originally.

Would most realtor want me to list it at $1202 for a quick sale?
Check out zealty.ca. Your neighbour got under ask, but what was their # of days on market?
Then take a look at everything in your area (apples to apples or apples to oranges) that's sold in the last 2 months. You should be able to determine what your game plan should be, and what the end price should be too.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 03:23 PM   #19683
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Inventory as stated before, is at an all time low since the 1970s.
Does not matter if your unit is in victoria, hope, or kits. Theres buyers for all locations.

When i bought my condo, i looked at kits, viewed two old shitty 50 year old buildings/units, that were fairly priced, both had stacks of people there on both days. Both units oversold by about 10% (2017)

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #19684

You're comparing 2017 to 2021??
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #19685
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
The difference between $1210/sq. ft. and $1202/sq. ft. on a 640 sq. ft. condo is just over $5K.

That's practically a rounding error when it comes to a RE sale.

The pricing difference between $1210 and $1202 probably came down to psychological differences, e.g. $769K tends to "feel" disproportionately farther from $800K than $77_K, even though that difference is only $5K. $769K is "mid 700's" still - $775K isn't.
Old 11-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #19686
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
250k Metro Vancouver/Fraser Valley residents live within 3ft of sea level

when’s the fire sale for units in river district?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2021, 12:46 PM   #19687
in the butt

Dont worry, if the natural floods dont get you, the bursting infloor heating manifolds will

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2021, 02:39 PM   #19688

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My thoughts the same but probably someone who REALLY wants to be in that area. Retiree or DINKS? Maybe investor to rent out specifically?
The cap rate for Kits is garbage if they're a cash flow investor that wanted it for renting lol

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #19689

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
250k Metro Vancouver/Fraser Valley residents live within 3ft of sea level

when’s the fire sale for units in river district?
Did River District flood at all?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 02:46 PM   #19690
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Dont worry, if the natural floods dont get you, the bursting infloor heating manifolds will
Aware those that aren't in the HVAC field what the correlation is between in floor heating and floods?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #19691

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
No. Only the construction areas where there is no drainage, it just filled up like a big pool (this is expected and normal).
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #19692

Update back with the parking situation. Since last time I posted about emailing the developer, they put me on a waitlist for spot change. Told me there is one owner looking to switch as well as he didn't like his spot, it was a spot under the ramp where it goes from top level to bottom level. Essentially you can't back in and open the trunk if you had an SUV due to the incline. The spot is wide and my fiancee drives front in, so it became perfect, assuming the other owner willing to do a switch trade with mines.

Glimmer of hope since my spot isn't the best, and today the developer offered the spot to me (the owner released his spot available). I needed to pay $250 to do the legal documentation to switch. Saves me some grief having to go down to the parkade when my fiancee is home to park the car for her. It's a win in my books and glad it worked out.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #19693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Nope. Surprisingly lol

Quote:
Update back with the parking situation. Since last time I posted about emailing the developer, they put me on a waitlist for spot change. Told me there is one owner looking to switch as well as he didn't like his spot, it was a spot under the ramp where it goes from top level to bottom level. Essentially you can't back in and open the trunk if you had an SUV due to the incline. The spot is wide and my fiancee drives front in, so it became perfect, assuming the other owner willing to do a switch trade with mines.

Glimmer of hope since my spot isn't the best, and today the developer offered the spot to me (the owner released his spot available). I needed to pay $250 to do the legal documentation to switch. Saves me some grief having to go down to the parkade when my fiancee is home to park the car for her. It's a win in my books and glad it worked out.
Glad it worked out for you! Not sure why your realtor couldn't figure that out for you.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 08:18 AM   #19694
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Check out zealty.ca. Your neighbour got under ask, but what was their # of days on market?
Then take a look at everything in your area (apples to apples or apples to oranges) that's sold in the last 2 months. You should be able to determine what your game plan should be, and what the end price should be too.
Yup, I always don't look at asking price.
Compare it to recently sold.

I bought my house in July and a similar house, slightly smaller lot but bigger inside sq ft just sold for $250K more than I bought my place. 7 days on the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #19695
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Nope. Surprisingly lol

Glad it worked out for you! Not sure why your realtor couldn't figure that out for you.
Easy answer is they already received their commission and no fucks given.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #19696

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Easy answer is they already received their commission and no fucks given.
I've known my RE agent for a couple years (good person no doubt); although I do feel like, "if I don't ask, she won't take action". She won't proactively do it, which is why I felt like I ended up in this weird parking situation.

I asked if we could request spots and she said developers don't allow requests and that bigger spots are typically given to bigger units. I had to look after myself afterwards to bug the developer with emails to argue my case for a new spot.

This is my first time owning a place, there would be a lot of things I would missed or not have known.

Now I'm debating if I should find a new RE agent when I do plan to sell the condo down the road.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #19697
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
I've known my RE agent for a couple years (good person no doubt); although I do feel like, "if I don't ask, she won't take action". She won't proactively do it, which is why I felt like I ended up in this weird parking situation.

I asked if we could request spots and she said developers don't allow requests and that bigger spots are typically given to bigger units. I had to look after myself afterwards to bug the developer with emails to argue my case for a new spot.

This is my first time owning a place, there would be a lot of things I would missed or not have known.

Now I'm debating if I should find a new RE agent when I do plan to sell the condo down the road.
I would cause it sounds like she isn't going the extra mile for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #19698
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Aware those that aren't in the HVAC field what the correlation is between in floor heating and floods?
A bunch of those newer buildings in river district, have faulty manifolds.
We have repaired 9 units, in a single building, in the last 2 weeks. The entire building is going to need to eventually replace every manifold. Strata is spinning their wheels

Correlation is, when the flow meter on the manifold bursts, the unit / units below / beside have 50psi of water gushing out until someone notices it

In other words flood

Last edited by donk.; 11-18-2021 at 12:13 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2021, 01:08 PM   #19699

Quote:
We have repaired 9 units, in a single building, in the last 2 weeks. The entire building is going to need to eventually replace every manifold. Strata is spinning their wheels

Correlation is, when the flow meter on the manifold bursts, the unit / units below / beside have 50psi of water gushing out until someone notices it

In other words flood
These the Avalon developments by the Save-on-foods side that have issues?
Old 11-18-2021, 01:27 PM   #19700

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:

In other words flood
There's a few developers in the River District, which buildings have the problems?
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote