REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #20851
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
A cute realtor came by today and asked me if I was interested in listing my place. They had just sold a place down the street for just under 200K over list. 1.4M assessed, 1.7M list, just under 1.9M selling price.

I asked her if there's anything to buy in the market. She said the market was starting to heat up again. So I told her that I didn't think it's a good idea for me to sell my SFH and buy a TH for the same price LOL. Which she agreed that it wasn't and then pissed off.

Anyway, I've never actually seen a realtor go door-to-door. It must be rough out there right now LOL
Advertisement
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 05:06 PM   #20852
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
On that note a guy I knew from Hs added me on Fb a few months back. We were kinda buddy buddy mostly in school he wasn’t really in our big circle of friends etc. and definitely not anyone I would hang out with outside of school, MAYBE see at a big party etc. so he adds me and of course he’s a realtor.

Fast forward to this past weekend and my dad messaged me saying hey your buddy “x” knocked on the door. I’m like oh yea?.. not really my buddy and I haven’t seen or spoken to him in almost 20 years but ok

My dads like yea he was really playing up yoir relationship in an attempt to have me list my house with him..
Old 02-22-2022, 06:46 PM   #20853
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
On that note a guy I knew from Hs added me on Fb a few months back. We were kinda buddy buddy mostly in school he wasn’t really in our big circle of friends etc. and definitely not anyone I would hang out with outside of school, MAYBE see at a big party etc. so he adds me and of course he’s a realtor.

Fast forward to this past weekend and my dad messaged me saying hey your buddy “x” knocked on the door. I’m like oh yea?.. not really my buddy and I haven’t seen or spoken to him in almost 20 years but ok

My dads like yea he was really playing up yoir relationship in an attempt to have me list my house with him..
The last time this happened to me, the guy was selling amway products.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #20854
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
A cute realtor came by today and asked me if I was interested in listing my place. They had just sold a place down the street for just under 200K over list. 1.4M assessed, 1.7M list, just under 1.9M selling price.

I asked her if there's anything to buy in the market. She said the market was starting to heat up again. So I told her that I didn't think it's a good idea for me to sell my SFH and buy a TH for the same price LOL. Which she agreed that it wasn't and then pissed off.

Anyway, I've never actually seen a realtor go door-to-door. It must be rough out there right now LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

A realtor and their broker buddy went to my TH complex door to door on every single unit. Blew my mind because we have a closed off complex that requires a FOB to get in.

It was an older duo too which makes it all the more weird.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 07:32 PM   #20855
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:

It's called farming. Pretty normal for a property to be sold and then "farm" the area to pull another listing. Although usually letters would be sent in mail. No one really door knocks anymore unless you're an old school realtor.

Should've told her willing to talk it over dinner
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:35 PM   #20856
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Anyway, I've never actually seen a realtor go door-to-door.
My parents realtor did that 22 years ago lol. It did work though, the market was dead in the area they wanted to move to.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:24 PM   #20857
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:

in the past year i think ive had like 6 realtors come to my door asking if i wanted to sell my place so i dont think its that odd.

I dont believe for a second that the realtor is cute. Did she leave a business card? need to verify
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:26 AM   #20858

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Maybe I'm old school? But I appreciate the efforts of those that physically show they are willing to do the work to potentially get a client, eg. door knocking. I hate those that send you flyers and expect people to reach out to them. Typically I take those flyers and use it to layer my compost buckle at the bottom for recycling lol.

Then you have those RE agents that don't wanna do jack all, just sitting around waiting for someone to give them your business.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 08:21 AM   #20859
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
We get real estate agents knocking on our door regularly here in the GTA. It just depends on whether you are in a hot area or not. Given the COVID situation, I'd rather they leave a flyer in my mail box than knock on my door. It's actually getting quite disruptive. And none of them are "cute" as BIC_BAWS puts it.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:23 AM   #20860

For me, while I “kind of” appreciate the leg work, If you knock on my door for anything, I’m not using you, donating to you, considering you.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #20861

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Yeah, assessed around $2M for these. Saw some sold for $2.3-2.4M couple months ago around the area. $3M asking is quite high, but nowadays nothing surprises me lol.
Damn at 2.4M that's crazy. That house kind of looks like my mom's place. She wants us to have kids in 5 to 10 years and move in with the grand kids. But I only have a 1 BR and there will be no kids without space either.

She also doesn't wanna sell the place since it's her first owned house since moving to Vancouver.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #20862
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Lol @ market is heating up as we're on the verge of a rate hike and looking at 7 rate more hikes throughout the year.

Don't listen to realtors.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #20863
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
when do you ever listen to a realtor?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 01:15 PM   #20864

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Lol @ market is heating up as we're on the verge of a rate hike and looking at 7 rate more hikes throughout the year.

Lol at 7 rate hikes. Not denying the hikes are happening but I don't believe 7 hikes to be possible, it'd be under 2 months between every hike and they already struck down the first one.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 01:15 PM   #20865
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Failed 54 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:

Was briefly in the auction business. And according to them, there's no such thing as a recession in their industry. When the economy's doing well, things go for higher prices and we make better commissions. When the economy's tanking, more people go into bankruptcy and we make up our commissions with quantity.

It's such a toxic way of thinking, and realtors are no different. I left that job in 6 months though I do miss their expensive task chairs from time to time.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #20866

When the market slows it just cuts out those buddy buddy realtors who sell all their friends and families homes and have no other customer base
Old 02-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #20867
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Lol at 7 rate hikes. Not denying the hikes are happening but I don't believe 7 hikes to be possible, it'd be under 2 months between every hike and they already struck down the first one.

Ok, 5 hikes? BoC will have to keep pace with the feds and BoC might have to get even more aggressive to cool inflation if a war breaks out.

I wouldn't be shocked if we're nearing 2% this time next year. Good times are coming to an end.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:51 PM   #20868

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Vancouver 3:16 says I can't afford my mortgage
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:06 PM   #20869

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Ok, 5 hikes? BoC will have to keep pace with the feds and BoC might have to get even more aggressive to cool inflation if a war breaks out.

I wouldn't be shocked if we're nearing 2% this time next year. Good times are coming to an end.
I'd expect probably 3-4 hikes in the next 12 months, we'll probably be at 1.25-1.50% at the same time next year. They have to balance inflation and the economy and also not crash the real estate sector. As much as it is inflated if they crash RE the whole country will spiral down with it as so much non-existent money is out there.

Higher rates would curb buying and flatten the increase, but what's unaffordable now remains to be unaffordable unless there's a crash of the market. If there's a RE crash then buying a house may be the least of a lot of family's worries.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #20870

I'm hoping rates hover around low to high 3's when I renew in 2024. I banked on a 4 year mortgage so I could try to renew sooner before the major rates hikes.

I wonder if we will ever go back to the 7% average.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 02-23-2022, 03:31 PM   #20871

Quote:
Higher rates would curb buying and flatten the increase, but what's unaffordable now remains to be unaffordable unless there's a crash of the market. If there's a RE crash then buying a house may be the least of a lot of family's worries.
What do prices have to be for condos and houses for you to consider it a crash?

1 BR @ Brentwood $400K?

SFH in East Van $1Mill?

I feel like at those prices, some people could easily scoop up a few properties with annual cash flows and if it doesn't drop below that. Is it even a crash? Just same prices as 2016.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 02-23-2022, 03:46 PM   #20872
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I'm hoping rates hover around low to high 3's when I renew in 2024. I banked on a 4 year mortgage so I could try to renew sooner before the major rates hikes.

I wonder if we will ever go back to the 7% average.
Where in God's name did you get that logic?

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:55 PM   #20873
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
What do prices have to be for condos and houses for you to consider it a crash?

1 BR @ Brentwood $400K?

SFH in East Van $1Mill?

I feel like at those prices, some people could easily scoop up a few properties with annual cash flows and if it doesn't drop below that. Is it even a crash? Just same prices as 2016.
When I owned a 2-bedroom in Brentwood when they were priced in the low-400s, people complained they were too much. Besides, the sentiment at the time about Brentwood in the late-2000s was that it was an industrial hole that would never amount to anything.

Even when SFHs in East Vancouver were hovering in the $1M-range, there was a "Don't have a $1M campaign" on social media of university-educated millennials who expressed their anger about not being able to own a home in the mid-2010s.

How times have changed...

A crash will only be a crash in hindsight.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 04:32 PM   #20874
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,647 Times in 1,146 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
I'd expect probably 3-4 hikes in the next 12 months, we'll probably be at 1.25-1.50% at the same time next year. They have to balance inflation and the economy and also not crash the real estate sector. As much as it is inflated if they crash RE the whole country will spiral down with it as so much non-existent money is out there.

Agree - things are so unaffordable now that there's nothing short of massive global catastrophe that will make it affordable again in the short/medium run.

https://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/abo...-12-2021-.html

I've been reading about the how acute the housing shortage is - one report said we're short 1.8m units of housing in Canada (Vancouver has about 300k units in total so we're saying we're short 6 Vancouvers) and another (the one above) says we have the lowest number of housing units per capita amongst the G7. No wonder we're in DEEP shit.

For reference, we had about 260k housing starts in all of Canada in 2021 so if we doubled the number of housing starts over the next 7 years we'd catch up to what we need in 2022 (based on the average housing numbers of the G7). We'd still be behind based on population growth.

Simply said, there's no way we can possibly catch up on our housing needs in the next 20 years so there's no way housing will become "affordable". If anything prices will keep going up.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:33 PM   #20875
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Maybe I'm old school? But I appreciate the efforts of those that physically show they are willing to do the work to potentially get a client, eg. door knocking. I hate those that send you flyers and expect people to reach out to them. Typically I take those flyers and use it to layer my compost buckle at the bottom for recycling lol.

Then you have those RE agents that don't wanna do jack all, just sitting around waiting for someone to give them your business.
my dad was one of them and i was the one doing postal walks with my dad. He was a hard worker, he would cold call every one he dropped off.
Out of 100, 2 would respond.
Out of 100, 1 would call and ask what his place is worth.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: