REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-09-2022, 05:18 PM   #20976
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Did you have to build up a retaining wall or were the pavers set flush to the ground/lawn?

The biggest cost is having to build up a retaining wall as I have is that our patio door is elevated off the ground, and aeshetically we didn't like it simply sitting flush on our lawn.
No mine is flush. I have a concrete pad but the previous owners added a solarium over it so we needed a spot for patio furniture and the bbq.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:09 PM   #20977
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
have a friend whos looking to get a 1+den in surrey (guilford/newton) / coquitlam (around ikea)

he's lost out on many presales with many "VVIP" realtors promising him "early access"

i have no experience to pass on presales to him.

how does one buy a presale and actually get a unit?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:17 PM   #20978
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
I really liked the wood patio, but like people say, maintenance and keeping it looking new could be a hasssle
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #20979
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
I'm a fan of the Composite decking myself. When my current wood deck needs replacing, that's what I'm going with.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:42 AM   #20980
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,884 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 119 Posts
Well it depends how old the project is, is he trying to get a unit 6 months after its been announced. I've looked into and even signed a deal on one. Basically any good realtor will know what new projects are coming up and can get you in when it becomes available.

In my experience pre sales are always more expensive than existing units, and I haven't heard that there's huge demand on presales on condos lately since Coronas and prices have climbed so much. Everyone still wants land, town houses or detached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
have a friend whos looking to get a 1+den in surrey (guilford/newton) / coquitlam (around ikea)

he's lost out on many presales with many "VVIP" realtors promising him "early access"

i have no experience to pass on presales to him.

how does one buy a presale and actually get a unit?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 07:36 AM   #20981

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
^I've literally walked into pre-sale random project showrooms, and get offered units. Not sure why your buddy isn't able to secure anything? This VVIP or VIP shit is merely early access to the selection before regular joes get dibs, so I still can't see why your buddy can't even get access to something. Sounds like shitty realtors your buddy is involved with.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 07:57 AM   #20982
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
^I've literally walked into pre-sale random project showrooms, and get offered units. Not sure why your buddy isn't able to secure anything? This VVIP or VIP shit is merely early access to the selection before regular joes get dibs, so I still can't see why your buddy can't even get access to something. Sounds like shitty realtors your buddy is involved with.
I suspect OP's friend is looking for something specific that might have a bit more demand over the other units.

Lots of times, it's the cheapest bachlor/1bd units are the first to go as they only have 1 or 2 units and people want them.

That's how it was a few years back when I was actively looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 08:47 AM   #20983
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I suspect OP's friend is looking for something specific that might have a bit more demand over the other units.

Lots of times, it's the cheapest bachlor/1bd units are the first to go as they only have 1 or 2 units and people want them.

This is it. he's a single dude looking for a 1 bed. just to get his first home.
his area is guilford/fleetwood/surrey central/newton or coquitlam by ikea.

he's told me he works with these fb marketplace realtors who list. he has walked into a couple presentation centres but only have 2 or 3 bedrooms.

seems by the time he gets it, all the 1 bed are gone but floor plans show there is at least 20+ in the unit.

part of his problem is his budget but nothing can be done on that - i've suggested to rob a bank - casually of course.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 09:04 AM   #20984

Quote:

he's told me he works with these fb marketplace realtors who list. he has walked into a couple presentation centres but only have 2 or 3 bedrooms.

seems by the time he gets it, all the 1 bed are gone but floor plans show there is at least 20+ in the unit.

part of his problem is his budget but nothing can be done on that - i've suggested to rob a bank - casually of course.
My advice, find a real realtor. Like sit down and talk to them. Find one that is a referral, and he might get better service.

I can refer the one I used. The team has done a great job for me all the times I have bought and sold.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-11-2022, 09:20 AM   #20985
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:

This. The area will determine if one can get a 1 bed unit which is flying off the shelves in hot areas like Brentwood/Surrey Central. Most developers has always given dibs to family/friends/long standing relationship realtors. Then it's VVVIP -> VVIP -> VIP-> regular Realtors-> walk ins/regular Joe's. Then it's by allotment/lottery much like at Keary and Nuvo. Most of these presale realtors truth be told are the ones that can't get listings so they mainly focus on presales and everyone here loves presales. Have to literally ask the sales staff which preferred realtors they work with and go from there but be sure you're ready to buy otherwise you'll lose that relationship before you've even started one. Don't go around interviewing realtors on your own as they'll all give you the same answer/promise they can get you in.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 09:33 AM   #20986

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
This. The area will determine if one can get a 1 bed unit which is flying off the shelves in hot areas like Brentwood/Surrey Central. Most developers has always given dibs to family/friends/long standing relationship realtors. Then it's VVVIP -> VVIP -> VIP-> regular Realtors-> walk ins/regular Joe's. Then it's by allotment/lottery much like at Keary and Nuvo. Most of these presale realtors truth be told are the ones that can't get listings so they mainly focus on presales and everyone here loves presales. Have to literally ask the sales staff which preferred realtors they work with and go from there but be sure you're ready to buy otherwise you'll lose that relationship before you've even started one. Don't go around interviewing realtors on your own as they'll all give you the same answer/promise they can get you in.
BAsically in other words don't expect to be able to get into any of the cheapest units as they are already gone before the sale starts unless the build is in an area no one wants to be in.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #20987

Quote:
BAsically in other words don't expect to be able to get into any of the cheapest units as they are already gone before the sale starts unless the build is in an area no one wants to be in.
Pretty much. I'll give Keary for an example 70% of the building is 1bd. There was unconfirmed 10-15 units up for allotment for regular Joe's. Our client put an allotment in for 2bed and got it no problem but ended up not going through as they found something else before we recieved allotment notice. We had another client who decided to go with a VVIP realtor and lossed out on a 1bed. Truth be told developers these days have made it more "exclusive" to try to generate more interest.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #20988

Yup, granted this was way back, but there would be people lining up to be first inline at presales to buy the 1 or 2 cheap units available.
I remember one ad for a bachlor unit, turned out there was only 1 unit available but the people who waited in line was pressured into buying a 1 bed room unit instead.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-11-2022, 10:48 AM   #20989
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Buying a new condo 1bedroom is the equivalent of trying to buy a Ferrari superfast or some shit

You need to buy x amount of cars from the same dealership, sell your cars only to them, and then they might qualify you for the superfast

All this Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvip crap seems so scummy

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #20990

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:

The 1BR's that are cheap are there so they can advertise the 1BR condos starting at $499,999 pricing.

They're sold to friends/family of the developers first and then usually scooped up by a realtor since there's easy profits there on the cheapest units. It never makes it to public market.

Not sure why your friend is even looking at presales, he should be looking at the resale market atm. He can get a new build for the same price if not cheaper than a presale. If he doesn't have the money to buy today, he shouldn't buy a presale either.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 12:28 PM   #20991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
He can get a new build for the same price if not cheaper than a presale.
Kinda curious on how you got this idea.
All the examples I have seen, pre-sale is cheaper than resale unless that person is doing something wrong.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 12:58 PM   #20992

^^ example, South gate city presale is $700k in Burnaby for one bed. I can buy one bed units all day every day in Van for that much.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 01:21 PM   #20993
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'm a fan of the Composite decking myself. When my current wood deck needs replacing, that's what I'm going with.
Everyone is a fan of composite but $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 01:25 PM   #20994
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,871 Times in 5,632 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Great68 is gonna spend all the money he should be spending putting an engine back in his Mustang on a composite deck
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:06 PM   #20995
RS controls my life!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:

If your friend is still looking for a place in Guildford area, DM me if you want. Good team I used to buy my place a couple of years ago.
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:09 PM   #20996

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ example, South gate city presale is $700k in Burnaby for one bed. I can buy one bed units all day every day in Van for that much.
Same for anything in Brentwood, Coquitlam, Vancouver, Downtown Vancouver, False Creek, Cloverdale, Central Surrey. Gotta add 5% GST to your presale price too!

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #20997

Quote:
The 1BR's that are cheap are there so they can advertise the 1BR condos starting at $499,999 pricing.

They're sold to friends/family of the developers first and then usually scooped up by a realtor since there's easy profits there on the cheapest units. It never makes it to public market.

Not sure why your friend is even looking at presales, he should be looking at the resale market atm. He can get a new build for the same price if not cheaper than a presale. If he doesn't have the money to buy today, he shouldn't buy a presale either.
Developers have to sell to their own first in order to get the ball rolling. Lenders usually require 60% confirmed sold before releasing funds to even start digging the hole. That's a lot easier than having 2 hour lineups of random people who may or may not buy and buncha looky loo's nothing else better to do after lunch. Selling to their own basically cements financing for their development
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 02:49 PM   #20998

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
Quote:
Same for anything in Brentwood, Coquitlam, Vancouver, Downtown Vancouver, False Creek, Cloverdale, Central Surrey. Gotta add 5% GST to your presale price too!
Gotcha, when I read resale, I was thinking buying the same unit from someone flipping vs buying it pre-sale, not comparing it to units for sale.

ESL you know.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-11-2022, 09:01 PM   #20999

^^ you mean assignment, usually those are higher than presale price, cuz why would the original buyer sell to you at a loss unless they are hurting.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2022, 10:57 PM   #21000

The assignment fees of 1 - 5% means that purchase price has to go up 5 to 20% before they even break even on downpayment lol. Imagine buying to flip at assignment nowadays.

I wonder if anyone ever rolled their pre-sale assignments YOY.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]